RemedySpot.com

Re: Beth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

beth,

that was terrific (what u wrote to christina - altho i also can understand christina's vent) and i have also been "in the other shoes" once (prior to FMS).

i was the PCA (personal care attendant) for a quadriplegic with whom i soon fell in love w/ and ended up in a 2yr relationship with him. unfortunately, he did not see things the way u and your hubby do.

after the 100th time of throwing my back out in transferring my Quad BF out of bed into his wheelchair; i was laying on the ground waiting for the spasms to go away while he'd just sit there in his chair impatiently waiting for me to hurry up and get on with it. as far as he was concerned; i had no excuse to complain. and i kinda felt the same way. When i finally damaged myself to the point of becoming bed-ridden, i was finally really needing a little compassion (or atleast reassurance) from my BF. Nope. nothing. Instead; he decided i was of no use to him anymore (as he had to now hire someone else to come take care of him) - i soon become very depressed (as i did not heal & remained pretty much crippled) - and finally he kicked me and my son out of the house onto the streets.

oh god.... i wish i didnt bring that memory to the surface of my mind.... i believe that was the begining of a very long period which i call: the absolute worst months of my life, and the begining of the end of life as i had known it. ...and having to give up custody of my son to his father.

sorry... didn't know this was going to surface. i'm so glad u and ur hubby understand not to "compare" or "compete" when it comes to pains, exhaustion, etc. and that u can express your pain and exhaustion to him and be validated - regardless of the fact that maybe his case is "worse".

((hugs))

Aloooooooooha!-Jaana Moderator / Member De-Bouncerator / humble Group servant

Re: Just Venting--

> --- <cbnaa@y...> wrote:> One of my co-> > workers is complaining about how tired she is. She> > just got back from > > a business trip and yes I can understand that it was> > a lot of traveling > > in a very short amount of time, but get over it. At> > least when she > > goes home and sleeps she feel better. Now "tired" is something I can identify with! LOL and I had to come to an understanding a while ago. "Just because I'm exhausted all the time, doesn't mean that your exhaustion is insignificant or unimportant." and "Just because you are in greater pain all the time doesn't mean that I don't feel pain, or that it isn't hard."Hang in there...:)Beth1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.