RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Nut Butter

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am not a big fan of nuts but I like nut butter.

My question is: raw or roasted? I am thinking roasted

almond butter? Any feedback welcome.

Guest guest

-

>I am not a big fan of nuts but I like nut butter.

>

>My question is: raw or roasted? I am thinking roasted

>almond butter? Any feedback welcome.

To my knowledge, no commercial nut butter is made from soaked and

dried nuts, so if you can, it would be better to make your own.

-

Guest guest

Thanks for the info. If I ever make pistachio butter again I will buy the nuts already shelled. I appreciate your help in finding some.

Janet

Guest guest

Can you make a crunchy peanut butter by saving out a half cup or so

of peanuts till just before you finish? Is it liquid enough when

warm from grinding that it would then chunk up and mix in the saved

nuts you add?

Velda

On 3/24/2012 6:28 PM, Bonnie wrote:

LeaAnn,

So

finally did it, I purchase the jungle peanuts from www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com

they are fabulous. I decided to make nut butter with

them, roasted them for 15 minutes in oven and then put them

in the vitamix, didn’t even take the little paper coating

off of them and it made the smoothest peanut butter, I did 3

½ cups of jungle peanuts, about a T of sesame oil and a

little less than a teaspoon of RealSalt. It is creamy and

delicious. Thanks so much for the idea.

Bonnie

The

Busy Person's Wellness Expert

Radiant

Health For Life In Less Than 10 Minutes A Day

www.bonniesherbals.com

Get my FREE report on:

5 STEPS TO Boost Your ENERGY, Reduce Your Stress and

Heal Your Body

and

at the same time you will be subscribed to my newsletter.

– I promise to never share your information with anyone

else.

Coming

soon: we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com.com

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 5:02 PM

Subject: Re: Agar agar

question

Doesn't the gadget used to

make espuma incorporate the air? I think agar agar would

set TOO firmly for that. Sunflower seeds do a great job

of making things at a pudding like consistency, once

chilled, but that may change the flavor some (doesn't

sound like in a bad way, but still different) A little

beef consume might work too?

> >>

> >>

> >> Anyone know how much agar agar would equal

the thickening power of one sheet of gelatin?

> >> Terry

> >> Sent from my iPadHD

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > Please bookmark these pages:

> >

> > /links/

> > (this is the Links page where I save the

answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other

helpful information - this page is always being added

to)

> >

> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING

TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access

to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix

Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from

coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can

STILL visit the Links page and read messages

online!

Guest guest

Woo Hoo! GLAD you took the plunge!Did you make a "clean out the container" recipe?

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 24, 2012, at 9:28 PM, Bonnie wrote:

LeaAnn, So finally did it, I purchase the jungle peanuts from www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com they are fabulous. I decided to make nut butter with them, roasted them for 15 minutes in oven and then put them in the vitamix, didn’t even take the little paper coating off of them and it made the smoothest peanut butter, I did 3 ½ cups of jungle peanuts, about a T of sesame oil and a little less than a teaspoon of RealSalt. It is creamy and delicious. Thanks so much for the idea. Bonnie The Busy Person's Wellness ExpertRadiant Health For Life In Less Than 10 Minutes A Daywww.bonniesherbals.com<image001.png><image002.png><image003.png>Get my FREE report on:5 STEPS TO Boost Your ENERGY, Reduce Your Stress and Heal Your Bodyand at the same time you will be subscribed to my newsletter. – I promise to never share your information with anyone else.Coming soon: we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 5:02 PM Subject: Re: Agar agar question Doesn't the gadget used to make espuma incorporate the air? I think agar agar would set TOO firmly for that. Sunflower seeds do a great job of making things at a pudding like consistency, once chilled, but that may change the flavor some (doesn't sound like in a bad way, but still different) A little beef consume might work too?> >> > >> > >> Anyone know how much agar agar would equal the thickening power of one sheet of gelatin?> >> Terry> >> Sent from my iPadHD> >> > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > > Please bookmark these pages:> > > > /links/ > > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > > > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Ok that would work too, since, as you say, it is pretty liquid until

cooled. So easy to stir in chopped nuts. Thanks

Velda

On 3/24/2012 8:36 PM, Lea Ann Savage wrote:

I've never tried this.  Peanut butter does get pretty liquid, so

it might work.  To be safe, I'd chop some peanuts and save them to

be stirred in later…

Blessings,

Lea Ann Savage

Satellite Beach, FL

(321) 773-7088 (home)

(321-961-9219 (cell)

www.VitamixLady.com

www..com

<:)))><

On Mar 24, 2012, at 9:32 PM, Velda wrote:

Can you make a crunchy

peanut butter by saving out a half cup or so of peanuts till

just before you finish? Is it liquid enough when warm from

grinding that it would then chunk up and mix in the saved

nuts you add?

Velda

On 3/24/2012 6:28 PM, Bonnie wrote:

LeaAnn,

So

finally did it, I purchase the jungle peanuts from www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com

they are fabulous.  I decided to make nut butter

with them, roasted them for 15 minutes in oven and

then put them in the vitamix, didn’t even take the

little paper coating off of them and it made the

smoothest peanut butter, I did 3 ½ cups of jungle

peanuts, about a T of sesame oil and a little less

than a teaspoon of RealSalt.  It is creamy and

delicious.  Thanks so much for the idea.

Bonnie

The

Busy Person's Wellness Expert

Radiant

Health For Life In Less Than 10 Minutes A Day

www.bonniesherbals.com

<Mail

Attachment.png><Mail

Attachment.png><Mail

Attachment.png>

Get my FREE report on:

5 STEPS TO Boost Your ENERGY, Reduce Your

Stress and Heal Your Body

and

at the same time you will be subscribed to my

newsletter.  – I promise to never share your

information with anyone else.

Coming

soon:  we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com.com  

[mailto: ]

On Behalf Of

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 5:02 PM

Subject: Re: Agar

agar question

Doesn't the gadget

used to make espuma incorporate the air? I think

agar agar would set TOO firmly for that.

Sunflower seeds do a great job of making things

at a pudding like consistency, once chilled, but

that may change the flavor some (doesn't sound

like in a bad way, but still different) A little

beef consume might work too?

> >>

> >>

> >> Anyone know how much agar agar

would equal the thickening power of one sheet of

gelatin?

> >> Terry

> >> Sent from my iPadHD

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > Please bookmark these pages:

> >

> > /links/

> > (this is the Links page where I save

the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and

LOTS of other helpful information - this page is

always being added to)

> >

> > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE

GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you

will lose access to the Links page - an

Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to

this link to learn how to stop mail from coming,

but STILL be a member of the group so you can

STILL visit the Links page and read messages

online!

Guest guest

Clean out the container :I took a cup of milk, a teaspoon of cocoa powder and about a teaspoon of honey and it made a delicious drink Bonnie The Busy Person's Wellness ExpertRadiant Health For Life In Less Than 10 Minutes A Daywww.bonniesherbals.comGet instant access to my FREE report:5 STEPS TO Boost Your ENERGY, Reduce Your Stress and Heal Your Bodyand at the same time you will be subscribed to my newsletter.  – I promise to never share your information with anyone else.Coming soon:  we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com.com   From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:36 PM Subject: Re: nut butter Woo Hoo! GLAD you took the plunge! Did you make a " clean out the container " recipe? Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Mar 24, 2012, at 9:28 PM, Bonnie wrote: LeaAnn, So finally did it, I purchase the jungle peanuts from www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com they are fabulous. I decided to make nut butter with them, roasted them for 15 minutes in oven and then put them in the vitamix, didn’t even take the little paper coating off of them and it made the smoothest peanut butter, I did 3 ½ cups of jungle peanuts, about a T of sesame oil and a little less than a teaspoon of RealSalt. It is creamy and delicious. Thanks so much for the idea. Bonnie The Busy Person's Wellness ExpertRadiant Health For Life In Less Than 10 Minutes A Daywww.bonniesherbals.com<image001.png><image002.png><image003.png>Get my FREE report on:5 STEPS TO Boost Your ENERGY, Reduce Your Stress and Heal Your Bodyand at the same time you will be subscribed to my newsletter. – I promise to never share your information with anyone else.Coming soon: we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 5:02 PM Subject: Re: Agar agar question Doesn't the gadget used to make espuma incorporate the air? I think agar agar would set TOO firmly for that. Sunflower seeds do a great job of making things at a pudding like consistency, once chilled, but that may change the flavor some (doesn't sound like in a bad way, but still different) A little beef consume might work too?> >> > >> > >> Anyone know how much agar agar would equal the thickening power of one sheet of gelatin?> >> Terry> >> Sent from my iPadHD> >> > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > > Please bookmark these pages:> > > > /links/ > > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > > > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Exactly my kind of "clean out the container recipe"! :-)The Hot Pumpkin Pie Smoothie has become a favorite "clean out the container" recipe at our house - the heat pulls off every last drop of nut butter!/links/Recipe_Links_001298558025/Smoothies_and_Shakes_001327151343/

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Mar 25, 2012, at 9:03 AM, Bonnie wrote:

Clean out the container :I took a cup of milk, a teaspoon of cocoa powder and about a teaspoon of honey and it made a delicious drink Bonnie The Busy Person's Wellness ExpertRadiant Health For Life In Less Than 10 Minutes A Daywww.bonniesherbals.com<image001.png><image002.png><image003.png>Get instant access to my FREE report:5 STEPS TO Boost Your ENERGY, Reduce Your Stress and Heal Your Bodyand at the same time you will be subscribed to my newsletter. – I promise to never share your information with anyone else.Coming soon: we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Lea Ann SavageSent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:36 PM Subject: Re: nut butter Woo Hoo! GLAD you took the plunge! Did you make a "clean out the container" recipe? Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))>< On Mar 24, 2012, at 9:28 PM, Bonnie wrote: LeaAnn, So finally did it, I purchase the jungle peanuts from www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com they are fabulous. I decided to make nut butter with them, roasted them for 15 minutes in oven and then put them in the vitamix, didn’t even take the little paper coating off of them and it made the smoothest peanut butter, I did 3 ½ cups of jungle peanuts, about a T of sesame oil and a little less than a teaspoon of RealSalt. It is creamy and delicious. Thanks so much for the idea. Bonnie The Busy Person's Wellness ExpertRadiant Health For Life In Less Than 10 Minutes A Daywww.bonniesherbals.com<image001.png><image002.png><image003.png>Get my FREE report on:5 STEPS TO Boost Your ENERGY, Reduce Your Stress and Heal Your Bodyand at the same time you will be subscribed to my newsletter. – I promise to never share your information with anyone else.Coming soon: we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 5:02 PM Subject: Re: Agar agar question Doesn't the gadget used to make espuma incorporate the air? I think agar agar would set TOO firmly for that. Sunflower seeds do a great job of making things at a pudding like consistency, once chilled, but that may change the flavor some (doesn't sound like in a bad way, but still different) A little beef consume might work too?> >> > >> > >> Anyone know how much agar agar would equal the thickening power of one sheet of gelatin?> >> Terry> >> Sent from my iPadHD> >> > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > > Please bookmark these pages:> > > > /links/ > > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > > > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

I have just looked at wildernessfamilynaturals.com and they have a great selection of nuts, seeds, dried/freeze dried fruits and ancient grains. they don't give a lot of details about their products. Have you been happy ordering from them? Do you feel like they select their product carefully? Do recommend them as a source for these food items?

Thanks,My Favorite Video for My Little One!

On Mar 24, 2012, at 8:28 PM, Bonnie wrote:

LeaAnn, So finally did it, I purchase the jungle peanuts from www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com they are fabulous. I decided to make nut butter with them, roasted them for 15 minutes in oven and then put them in the vitamix, didn’t even take the little paper coating off of them and it made the smoothest peanut butter, I did 3 ½ cups of jungle peanuts, about a T of sesame oil and a little less than a teaspoon of RealSalt. It is creamy and delicious. Thanks so much for the idea. Bonnie The Busy Person's Wellness ExpertRadiant Health For Life In Less Than 10 Minutes A Daywww.bonniesherbals.com<image001.png><image002.png><image003.png>Get my FREE report on:5 STEPS TO Boost Your ENERGY, Reduce Your Stress and Heal Your Bodyand at the same time you will be subscribed to my newsletter. – I promise to never share your information with anyone else.Coming soon: we are rebranding, our new name will be www.RadiantHealthforLife.com.com From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 5:02 PM Subject: Re: Agar agar question Doesn't the gadget used to make espuma incorporate the air? I think agar agar would set TOO firmly for that. Sunflower seeds do a great job of making things at a pudding like consistency, once chilled, but that may change the flavor some (doesn't sound like in a bad way, but still different) A little beef consume might work too?> >> > >> > >> Anyone know how much agar agar would equal the thickening power of one sheet of gelatin?> >> Terry> >> Sent from my iPadHD> >> > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------> > > > Please bookmark these pages:> > > > /links/ > > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)> > > > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/> > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

Be just bought a bag of mixed unsalted, unroasted mixed nuts (no peanuts). I've

made but butters before but with roasted types.

Could I use these without toasting? I really don't want to add any oil if I can

avoid it.

Thanks

Debbie

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> Anyone know how much agar agar would equal the thickening power of one

sheet of gelatin?

> > >> Terry

> > >> Sent from my iPadHD

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > > Please bookmark these pages:

> > >

> > > /links/

> > > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers,

Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added

to)

> > >

> > >

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> > > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming,

but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and

read messages online!

Guest guest

Guess I should really check these things before pushing send :$

I meant roasting. Not toasting.

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >> Anyone know how much agar agar would equal the thickening power of one

sheet of gelatin?

> > > >> Terry

> > > >> Sent from my iPadHD

> > > >>

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ------------------------------------

> > > >

> > > > Please bookmark these pages:

> > > >

> > > > /links/

> > > > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers,

Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added

to)

> > > >

> > > >

/links/IMPORTANT_VitamixE\

nthusiasts_Membership__001327149393/

> > > > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you

unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of

Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming,

but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and

read messages online!

Guest guest

Hi Debbie,Why are you wanting to use unroasted vs roasted? I am sure that you could do it because mixed nuts seem to have more oil in them than almonds or cashews alone. It think it is the brazil nuts that are full of oil and make the blending easier. However, in my experience nut butters from unroasted nuts don't taste as good as nut butters from roasted nuts (and roasted blends easier too).Also, if it is the "rawness" that you are seeking - IMO the Vitamix heats the nut butter up too much to consider it raw after making nut butter from unroasted nuts - especially almonds as they REALLY have to be processed a long time and get REALLY hot (unless you add a LOT of oil)I just roasted a 50/50 blend of almonds and pecans today - VERY easy to do.

On Mar 26, 2012, at 2:09 PM, drunkendebbieninjamaster wrote:

Be just bought a bag of mixed unsalted, unroasted mixed nuts (no peanuts). I've made but butters before but with roasted types.

Could I use these without toasting? I really don't want to add any oil if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Debbie

> > >>

> > >>

> > >> Anyone know how much agar agar would equal the thickening power of one sheet of gelatin?

> > >> Terry

> > >> Sent from my iPadHD

> > >>

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > > Please bookmark these pages:

> > >

> > > /links/

> > > (this is the Links page where I save the answers to FAQs and Answers, Recipes, and LOTS of other helpful information - this page is always being added to)

> > >

> > > /links/IMPORTANT__Membership__001327149393/

> > > PLEASE DON'T UNSUBSCRIBE IF YOU ARE GETTING TOO MUCH MAIL! (if you unsubscribe, you will lose access to the Links page - an Encyclopedia of Collected Vitamix Wisdom! Go to this link to learn how to stop mail from coming, but STILL be a member of the group so you can STILL visit the Links page and read messages online!

Guest guest

No reason in particular, was just curious to see if I could. I will probably dry

roast them. Looking forward to it. I've done peanut butter and cashew butter,

but I'm curious to how this will taste. Quite excited too! How sad :)

How long would you say to roast them for? Could I do them in a skillet instead?

Thanks

Debbie

>

>

> Be just bought a bag of mixed unsalted, unroasted mixed nuts (no peanuts).

I've made but butters before but with roasted types.

>

> Could I use these without toasting? I really don't want to add any oil if I

can avoid it.

>

> Thanks

>

> Debbie

>

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks - now I can clarify my answer. YES YOU CAN process them unroasted, but dry roasting sounds like a great plan :-)I always put my nuts in a zip lock bag and add some coconut oil (just enough to lightly coat the nuts). Then I dump it all out on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper (I'm lazy and don't like to clean the cookie sheet :-) Also, the cookie sheet is aluminum…Then, I put the cookie sheet in a PRE-HEATED 358° oven for ONLY 15 minutes. I wait for them to cool off before processing into nut butter.I LOVE the taste of mixed nut butter! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

On Mar 26, 2012, at 4:27 PM, drunkendebbieninjamaster wrote:

No reason in particular, was just curious to see if I could. I will probably dry roast them. Looking forward to it. I've done peanut butter and cashew butter, but I'm curious to how this will taste. Quite excited too! How sad :)

How long would you say to roast them for? Could I do them in a skillet instead?

Thanks

Debbie

>

>

> Be just bought a bag of mixed unsalted, unroasted mixed nuts (no peanuts). I've made but butters before but with roasted types.

>

> Could I use these without toasting? I really don't want to add any oil if I can avoid it.

>

> Thanks

>

> Debbie

>

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I've roasted my almonds in a skillet and it worked fine, I don't add any oil,

just dry roast them in the pan. I prefer the roasted almond butter to raw. I had

raw cashew butter a few years ago and didn't really like it so I'm going to try

making my own with roasted cashews and see how that comes out.

Michele

> >

> >

> > Be just bought a bag of mixed unsalted, unroasted mixed nuts (no peanuts).

I've made but butters before but with roasted types.

> >

> > Could I use these without toasting? I really don't want to add any oil if I

can avoid it.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> > Debbie

> >

>

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >