RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: T900

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This might be a stupid question, but I've never used a pager. So, why do you all have them? What do you use them for? Is it a replacement for the traditional telephone?

I AM curious. This is not a joke question.

Just a naive one :o)

June

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/29/01 11:35:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,

Boob1188@... writes:

<< I AM curious. This is not a joke question.

Just a naive one :o)

June

>>

Hi June,

Don't feel bad,I am the same way with all those gadgets...I have no idea how

they work but know there to much money for me to afford.

Lana

Guest guest

I'm using a wyndtell pager right now and I like very much. However, when I learned about the T900, I decided to look into it. The first important difference I noticed was that the monthly service rate is less than half of what I'm paying now to run my Wyndtell. My question is, why? I'm curious as to why Motorola can make a pager that has all the benefits of a Wyndtell pager, yet, it cost so much less to run? Anyone have any ideas?? I'll switch to the T900 in a heartbeat if there's absolutely no difference in the way they operate and the only real difference is cost. Someone told me that it was how they "allocate messages" after you send or are trying to receive, which makes one better than the other. Any other ideas??

Greg

I like my T900. I have nationwide service. When I was going to get theWyndtell a few years ago, they didn't have coverage in the area where Ilive. The T900 is about the size of a regular pager. The text window isthe same length as an alphanumeric a pager, but you can view 4 or 5 lines oftext at once. The keyboard isn't bad when you get used to it. Of courseyou can't type on it like a regular keyboard, but you can get pretty good attyping with both of your thumbs (hold device in both hands, press keys withthumbs.) Thats how I do it anyway.na in West Texas Re: T900> mcdrew@... writes:> << I was just thinking you said it is SMALLER than the Wyndtel, and I was> thinking the wyndtel keyboard was so small it would be difficult to use;I> can't imagine using something and reading something smaller? Marie >>>> Hi, I have both the Wyndtell type and the Talkabout T900. The T900 is> actually a bit thicker I think but seems much smaller overall, it'sscreen> folds out where the Wyndtell's screen is above the keyboard. Theykeyboards> aren't that much different in size. It's hard to explain, you can look em> both over in Vegas, quite a few pagers will be floating around. We bought> the Wyndtell a year and a half ago when they were pretty new, unusual and> expensive! We paid a bundle for it. Bobby still carries it and now it's> easy for us to chat any time bc we both have these pagers. He still likes> his better, it's a guy thing. Mine is all cute though (I got the AquaIce).> It's sort of see-thru and the keyboard lights up. They come in black,red,> blue, and aqua. The Talkabout 900 can easily be found for 100 or so.> Whether you shop online or at Best Buy, Radio Shack etc, there's usuallysome> kind of rebate going on. I paid $69 for mine after the rebate (was 149 atBB> w/80 rebate). and na have them too, I think Fred and Donna G> have them. I know really likes hers, I'm not so sure aboutna.> I think the service is limited in her area. told me you can nowget> the refurbished Wyndtell for around 100. I'm happy with both of ours,happy> mine's so small and it makes being a deaf a lil bit easier.> feeling like a teenager buying the bright colored pager,> Carla> ps Please note my new email address. I'll still be able to get mail at> rclong1@... but NZ is a total wreck for me these days so I tookthe> aol plunge. So far so good~~>>>

Guest guest

I don't have one either June, should I get one??-Lowi the lost:(

This might be a stupid question, but I've never used a pager. So, why do you all have them? What do you use them for? Is it a replacement for the traditional telephone? I AM curious. This is not a joke question. Just a naive one :o) June

Guest guest

This might be a stupid question, but I've never used a pager. So, why do you all have them? What do you use them for? Is it a replacement for the traditional telephone? I AM curious. This is not a joke question. Just a naive one :o) June

Guest guest

Guest guest

My question would have to do with the coverage? My son lives in , WY, and I want to get messages when I am there; I THOUGHT (not sure) someone had said the T900 had 100 percent coverage? Where can you call to find out for sure? Marie

I'm using a wyndtell pager right now and I like very much. However, when I learned about the T900, I decided to look into it. The first important difference I noticed was that the monthly service rate is less than half of what I'm paying now to run my Wyndtell. My question is, why? I'm curious as to why Motorola can make a pager that has all the benefits of a Wyndtell pager, yet, it cost so much less to run? Anyone have any ideas?? I'll switch to the T900 in a heartbeat if there's absolutely no difference in the way they operate and the only real difference is cost. Someone told me that it was how they " allocate messages " after you send or are trying to receive, which makes one better than the other. Any other ideas??

Greg

I like my T900. I have nationwide service. When I was going to get theWyndtell a few years ago, they didn't have coverage in the area where Ilive. The T900 is about the size of a regular pager. The text window isthe same length as an alphanumeric a pager, but you can view 4 or 5 lines oftext at once. The keyboard isn't bad when you get used to it. Of courseyou can't type on it like a regular keyboard, but you can get pretty good attyping with both of your thumbs (hold device in both hands, press keys withthumbs.) Thats how I do it anyway.na in West Texas Re: T900> mcdrew@... writes:> << I was just thinking you said it is SMALLER than the Wyndtel, and I was> thinking the wyndtel keyboard was so small it would be difficult to use;I> can't imagine using something and reading something smaller? Marie >>>> Hi, I have both the Wyndtell type and the Talkabout T900. The T900 is> actually a bit thicker I think but seems much smaller overall, it'sscreen> folds out where the Wyndtell's screen is above the keyboard. Theykeyboards> aren't that much different in size. It's hard to explain, you can look em> both over in Vegas, quite a few pagers will be floating around. We bought> the Wyndtell a year and a half ago when they were pretty new, unusual and> expensive! We paid a bundle for it. Bobby still carries it and now it's> easy for us to chat any time bc we both have these pagers. He still likes> his better, it's a guy thing. Mine is all cute though (I got the AquaIce).> It's sort of see-thru and the keyboard lights up. They come in black,red,> blue, and aqua. The Talkabout 900 can easily be found for 100 or so.> Whether you shop online or at Best Buy, Radio Shack etc, there's usuallysome> kind of rebate going on. I paid $69 for mine after the rebate (was 149 atBB> w/80 rebate). and na have them too, I think Fred and Donna G> have them. I know really likes hers, I'm not so sure aboutna.> I think the service is limited in her area. told me you can nowget> the refurbished Wyndtell for around 100. I'm happy with both of ours,happy> mine's so small and it makes being a deaf a lil bit easier.> feeling like a teenager buying the bright colored pager,> Carla> ps Please note my new email address. I'll still be able to get mail at> rclong1@... but NZ is a total wreck for me these days so I tookthe> aol plunge. So far so good~~>>>

Guest guest

My question would have to do with the coverage? My son lives in , WY, and I want to get messages when I am there; I THOUGHT (not sure) someone had said the T900 had 100 percent coverage? Where can you call to find out for sure? Marie

I'm using a wyndtell pager right now and I like very much. However, when I learned about the T900, I decided to look into it. The first important difference I noticed was that the monthly service rate is less than half of what I'm paying now to run my Wyndtell. My question is, why? I'm curious as to why Motorola can make a pager that has all the benefits of a Wyndtell pager, yet, it cost so much less to run? Anyone have any ideas?? I'll switch to the T900 in a heartbeat if there's absolutely no difference in the way they operate and the only real difference is cost. Someone told me that it was how they " allocate messages " after you send or are trying to receive, which makes one better than the other. Any other ideas??

Greg

Guest guest

I would be interested in the text to speech phone calls; in other words, if it could do that, I could eliminate a cell phone, right? I only have a cell phone for emergencies, and if the T900 would work I could call and have my messge related to speech? Marie

Re: T900does the T900 allow you to talk to a TTY with your pager?? send/recieve faxes?? send text to speech phone calls? (thinking) you can call AAA with your wyndtell too...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm i can't remember. I have never seen a T900 though so am just am saying what wyndtell has..... Hmmmmmm.... Caren - vacationing in Deleware

Guest guest

Here's the web site for the company who I bought my T900 from. They

have a pretty informative FAQ and a coverage map. My sister works

for Arch Wireless in Dallas and I got mine through her.

http://content.arch.com/services/webster100.html

If you can't get this URL to produce anything, just go to

www.archwireless.com.

na

> My question would have to do with the coverage? My son lives in

, WY, and I want to get messages when I am there; I THOUGHT

(not sure) someone had said the T900 had 100 percent coverage? Where

can you call to find out for sure? Marie

Guest guest

www.archwireless.com.

na

Guest guest

www.archwireless.com.

na

Guest guest

Hi Marie and Crew,

Caren outlined what the difference is between the Wyndtell and the

T900. It doesn't send/receive faxes or talk to TTY's (but then

neither do I. :) I use it to send and receive email messages. I can

send " wireless " messages to my sister who also has a T900. I believe

you can send messages to digital phones, though I haven't figured out

how to do it. I think its something they can improve on quite a bit,

but I still find it very useful for keeping in touch with ppl when

I'm on the go. Just thinking about coverage... nationwide coverage

means I have coverage where ever they have a tower in the U.S... like

a digital phone, though, I'm " out of range " between cities... so

you'd have to discuss your coverage concerns with a support person.

As Carla and I found out, all T900's are not the same. We have the

same device, but different carriers. They have different payment

plans and coverage. Check out the T900 at www.verizon.com too. Yes,

I wear it clipped to my jeans; the waist or a pocket.

I'm looking forward to seeing you too! For some reason, I'm not able

to send you messages from work. They always come back

undeliverable.

na

> My son lives in , Wy. which is only 60 miles from

Yellowstone, and

> sort of the boonies. Do you think I would have coverage if I was

there? Or

> would she be able to page me from there? I will be interested to

try yours

> out; to see whether, with my eyesight, I can use it! Do you " wear "

it?

> Looking forward to seeing you; bring pics of the new house! Marie

> Re: T900

>

>

> >I like my T900. I have nationwide service. When I was going to

get the

> >Wyndtell a few years ago, they didn't have coverage in the area

where I

> >live. The T900 is about the size of a regular pager. The text

window is

> >the same length as an alphanumeric a pager, but you can view 4 or

5 lines

> of

> >text at once. The keyboard isn't bad when you get used to it. Of

course

> >you can't type on it like a regular keyboard, but you can get

pretty good

> at

> >typing with both of your thumbs (hold device in both hands, press

keys with

> >thumbs.) Thats how I do it anyway.

> >

> >na in West Texas

> >

> > Re: T900

> >

> >

> >> mcdrew@n... writes:

> >> << I was just thinking you said it is SMALLER than the Wyndtel,

and I was

> >> thinking the wyndtel keyboard was so small it would be

difficult to use;

> >I

> >> can't imagine using something and reading something smaller?

Marie >>

> >>

> >> Hi, I have both the Wyndtell type and the Talkabout T900. The

T900 is

> >> actually a bit thicker I think but seems much smaller overall,

it's

> >screen

> >> folds out where the Wyndtell's screen is above the keyboard.

They

> >keyboards

> >> aren't that much different in size. It's hard to explain, you

can look

> em

> >> both over in Vegas, quite a few pagers will be floating around.

We

> bought

> >> the Wyndtell a year and a half ago when they were pretty new,

unusual and

> >> expensive! We paid a bundle for it. Bobby still carries it and

now it's

> >> easy for us to chat any time bc we both have these pagers. He

still

> likes

> >> his better, it's a guy thing. Mine is all cute though (I got

the Aqua

> >Ice).

> >> It's sort of see-thru and the keyboard lights up. They come in

black,

> >red,

> >> blue, and aqua. The Talkabout 900 can easily be found for 100

or so.

> >> Whether you shop online or at Best Buy, Radio Shack etc, there's

usually

> >some

> >> kind of rebate going on. I paid $69 for mine after the rebate

(was 149

> at

> >BB

> >> w/80 rebate). and na have them too, I think Fred

and Donna

> G

> >> have them. I know really likes hers, I'm not so sure

about

> >na.

> >> I think the service is limited in her area. told me you

can now

> >get

> >> the refurbished Wyndtell for around 100. I'm happy with both of

ours,

> >happy

> >> mine's so small and it makes being a deaf a lil bit easier.

> >> feeling like a teenager buying the bright colored pager,

> >> Carla

> >> ps Please note my new email address. I'll still be able to get

mail at

> >> rclong1@n... but NZ is a total wreck for me these days so I took

> >the

> >> aol plunge. So far so good~~

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hi Marie and Crew,

Caren outlined what the difference is between the Wyndtell and the

T900. It doesn't send/receive faxes or talk to TTY's (but then

neither do I. :) I use it to send and receive email messages. I can

send " wireless " messages to my sister who also has a T900. I believe

you can send messages to digital phones, though I haven't figured out

how to do it. I think its something they can improve on quite a bit,

but I still find it very useful for keeping in touch with ppl when

I'm on the go. Just thinking about coverage... nationwide coverage

means I have coverage where ever they have a tower in the U.S... like

a digital phone, though, I'm " out of range " between cities... so

you'd have to discuss your coverage concerns with a support person.

As Carla and I found out, all T900's are not the same. We have the

same device, but different carriers. They have different payment

plans and coverage. Check out the T900 at www.verizon.com too. Yes,

I wear it clipped to my jeans; the waist or a pocket.

I'm looking forward to seeing you too! For some reason, I'm not able

to send you messages from work. They always come back

undeliverable.

na

> My son lives in , Wy. which is only 60 miles from

Yellowstone, and

> sort of the boonies. Do you think I would have coverage if I was

there? Or

> would she be able to page me from there? I will be interested to

try yours

> out; to see whether, with my eyesight, I can use it! Do you " wear "

it?

> Looking forward to seeing you; bring pics of the new house! Marie

> Re: T900

>

>

> >I like my T900. I have nationwide service. When I was going to

get the

> >Wyndtell a few years ago, they didn't have coverage in the area

where I

> >live. The T900 is about the size of a regular pager. The text

window is

> >the same length as an alphanumeric a pager, but you can view 4 or

5 lines

> of

> >text at once. The keyboard isn't bad when you get used to it. Of

course

> >you can't type on it like a regular keyboard, but you can get

pretty good

> at

> >typing with both of your thumbs (hold device in both hands, press

keys with

> >thumbs.) Thats how I do it anyway.

> >

> >na in West Texas

> >

> > Re: T900

> >

> >

> >> mcdrew@n... writes:

> >> << I was just thinking you said it is SMALLER than the Wyndtel,

and I was

> >> thinking the wyndtel keyboard was so small it would be

difficult to use;

> >I

> >> can't imagine using something and reading something smaller?

Marie >>

> >>

> >> Hi, I have both the Wyndtell type and the Talkabout T900. The

T900 is

> >> actually a bit thicker I think but seems much smaller overall,

it's

> >screen

> >> folds out where the Wyndtell's screen is above the keyboard.

They

> >keyboards

> >> aren't that much different in size. It's hard to explain, you

can look

> em

> >> both over in Vegas, quite a few pagers will be floating around.

We

> bought

> >> the Wyndtell a year and a half ago when they were pretty new,

unusual and

> >> expensive! We paid a bundle for it. Bobby still carries it and

now it's

> >> easy for us to chat any time bc we both have these pagers. He

still

> likes

> >> his better, it's a guy thing. Mine is all cute though (I got

the Aqua

> >Ice).

> >> It's sort of see-thru and the keyboard lights up. They come in

black,

> >red,

> >> blue, and aqua. The Talkabout 900 can easily be found for 100

or so.

> >> Whether you shop online or at Best Buy, Radio Shack etc, there's

usually

> >some

> >> kind of rebate going on. I paid $69 for mine after the rebate

(was 149

> at

> >BB

> >> w/80 rebate). and na have them too, I think Fred

and Donna

> G

> >> have them. I know really likes hers, I'm not so sure

about

> >na.

> >> I think the service is limited in her area. told me you

can now

> >get

> >> the refurbished Wyndtell for around 100. I'm happy with both of

ours,

> >happy

> >> mine's so small and it makes being a deaf a lil bit easier.

> >> feeling like a teenager buying the bright colored pager,

> >> Carla

> >> ps Please note my new email address. I'll still be able to get

mail at

> >> rclong1@n... but NZ is a total wreck for me these days so I took

> >the

> >> aol plunge. So far so good~~

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

The Wyndtell I'm using right now has an interesting "chat" feature that was uploaded to it when I got the unit I have now, back from Wyndtell after the previous one went through a minor accident. As you've probably already guessed, "chat" allows you to make a call using realtime as long as your in coverage. To do this, you simply work through the relay in your area and it's basically the same as when you use relay via your TTY. So far, I've used "chat" only once or twice bc wyndtell charges you for each call you make, but in a pinch, it's great. For the most part, I use the wyndtell for email like I'm sure most do, but I also use it for leaving text to voice calls. Greg

I would be interested in the text to speech phone calls; in other words, if it could do that, I could eliminate a cell phone, right? I only have a cell phone for emergencies, and if the T900 would work I could call and have my messge related to speech? Marie

Re: T900does the T900 allow you to talk to a TTY with your pager?? send/recieve faxes?? send text to speech phone calls? (thinking) you can call AAA with your wyndtell too...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm i can't remember. I have never seen a T900 though so am just am saying what wyndtell has..... Hmmmmmm.... Caren - vacationing in Deleware

Guest guest

The Wyndtell I'm using right now has an interesting "chat" feature that was uploaded to it when I got the unit I have now, back from Wyndtell after the previous one went through a minor accident. As you've probably already guessed, "chat" allows you to make a call using realtime as long as your in coverage. To do this, you simply work through the relay in your area and it's basically the same as when you use relay via your TTY. So far, I've used "chat" only once or twice bc wyndtell charges you for each call you make, but in a pinch, it's great. For the most part, I use the wyndtell for email like I'm sure most do, but I also use it for leaving text to voice calls. Greg

Guest guest

Well I have dealt with Arch several times, and my billing which was always

wrong, comes out of Dallas! If I do this, I am getting your sister's name,

and addressing my correspondence to HER. LLOL I looked at the map, and it

says it covers ; but when I had an Arch pager, and was in , it

did not work. HMM, maybe I'll see if I can get them to write that into the

contract LOL Seriously tho, the biggest thing would be if I could get it

to do text to speech, so I could call someone if my car breaks down; I would

then not have to have a cell phone. And with the pager, my dtr in law would

frequently page me and say " get on line " . Can't wait to check these out at

LV. Marie

>Here's the web site for the company who I bought my T900 from. They

>have a pretty informative FAQ and a coverage map. My sister works

>for Arch Wireless in Dallas and I got mine through her.

>

>http://content.arch.com/services/webster100.html

>

>If you can't get this URL to produce anything, just go to

>www.archwireless.com.

>

>na

>

>

>> My question would have to do with the coverage? My son lives in

>, WY, and I want to get messages when I am there; I THOUGHT

>(not sure) someone had said the T900 had 100 percent coverage? Where

>can you call to find out for sure? Marie

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

LV. Marie

>

>

>www.archwireless.com.

>

>na

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

LV. Marie

>

>

>www.archwireless.com.

>

>na

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi June,

Don't feel bad,I am the same way with all those gadgets...I have no idea how they work

Hi Lana, glad I'm not alone :o) Sometimes, there's so much new stuff on the Crew that I get lost in it all. :o( I will, however, dig myself out soon.

Ahhh....a plan :o)

Thanks for the encouraging words, June

Guest guest

Hi June,

Don't feel bad,I am the same way with all those gadgets...I have no idea how they work

Hi Lana, glad I'm not alone :o) Sometimes, there's so much new stuff on the Crew that I get lost in it all. :o( I will, however, dig myself out soon.

Guest guest

Hi June,

Guest guest

LOL! I'm not endorsing Arch, in fact, before my sister started

working for them, I had never heard of them. I've been billed once,

and haven't had my device long enough to have problems with them. If

I do though, she will not hear the end of me! :) Donna says they

have text to speech, I need to read the FAQ on the Arch website and

see if I can do that too. I have a cell phone and a pvco that I

would prefer to depend on, rather than sending a text message and

HOPE that it gets through to the person I want it to get to.

The perfect, all-in-one device isn't out there yet, but isn't it

amazing what we do have? I think about my birth mom, who died in

1978 from NF2 and how she had NONE of these things. Not even closed

caption TV. I feel very blessed.

na

> >> My question would have to do with the coverage? My son lives in

> >, WY, and I want to get messages when I am there; I THOUGHT

> >(not sure) someone had said the T900 had 100 percent coverage?

Where

> >can you call to find out for sure? Marie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >