Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

re: NF2 house location

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Florida would be great, we have tons of big old house and GREAT late-deaf

support services, notto mention a fab alda chapter :-) really, I'd be the dorm

mother, i'd come check on everyone and visit for coffee, chat shopping trips

haha, we'd need about 20 pc's though on a lan connection!

Marie Drew wrote:

> You know NF Inc recently asked me to do a vision statement, and pretend

> money was not an object. I am going to ask them if I can do an addendum,

> and suggest the " NF2 house!;; Not that I think they are going to jump on

> this, but it lets people know we are thinking of it! My question is, are we

> thinking of this as a residential place where people live like all year? Do

> you think people would be willing to relocate/leave their families/support

> groups? I am just asking. I think Lynn had very good points in saying we

> need to consider the accessability of the area. Someplace flat, with

> relatively mild winters would probably be better? As far as near an NF2

> center, I think of MGH and HEI first; the winters would be rugged at MGH.

> And you could offer me free rent and I would not stay in LA!! But I wonder

> how close to HEI it would have to be? Just brainstorming. marie

> re: NF2 house location

>

> >hi Crew -

> >i think the idea of an NF2 House is great - specially for singles.

> >do bear in mind that places like SanFrancisco are not easy to get around in

> >in wheelchairs or walking on slopes, good weather is important to many

> also

> >for driving or walking or buses,

> >suggest you do a survey who is interested - what would you need

> etc......

> >what help needed, it would be nice to appeal to independent souls too.

> >wish you well.

> >hugs,

> >LynnBK

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Way to go Mikey!! Any why not, umm, err.... Canada! :)

LA would be a wonderful place though (assuming you pick the right area). How

about San Diego? That would put you close to HEI for treatment and give you a

great waterfront. Plus some cross-boarder shopping in Mexico!

But really it would not have to be close to MGH, HEI, etc (although it may be

convenient seeing we have a tendency to be regular guests at such places). I

wouldn't think hospitals actually want to get involved with something like

setting up the NF2 House - they are not in this business. Perhaps a property

manager could help. Perhaps they could reserve a row of townhouses or condos

just for NF2 people and gear them for deafness/accessibility. I bet a property

manager could give you a good idea of the cost too (downpayment and monthly

payments).

I thought this was a good idea when it came up. I am not in a position to go for

it myself but it certainly sounds appealing.

----------

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 8:32 AM

To: NF2_Crewegroups

Subject: Re: re: NF2 house location

Who says it has to be near MGH ir HEI, why not N. Carolina, S. Carolina,

Arizona, Florida or anywhere?

Mikey

At 05:36 PM 9/18/00 -0400, you wrote:

>You know NF Inc recently asked me to do a vision statement, and pretend

>money was not an object. I am going to ask them if I can do an addendum,

>and suggest the " NF2 house!;; Not that I think they are going to jump on

>this, but it lets people know we are thinking of it! My question is, are we

>thinking of this as a residential place where people live like all year? Do

>you think people would be willing to relocate/leave their families/support

>groups? I am just asking. I think Lynn had very good points in saying we

>need to consider the accessability of the area. Someplace flat, with

>relatively mild winters would probably be better? As far as near an NF2

>center, I think of MGH and HEI first; the winters would be rugged at MGH.

>And you could offer me free rent and I would not stay in LA!! But I wonder

>how close to HEI it would have to be? Just brainstorming. marie

>

>

> >hi Crew -

>also

>etc......

> >wish you well.

> >hugs,

> >LynnBK

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Way to go Mikey!! Any why not, umm, err.... Canada! :)

LA would be a wonderful place though (assuming you pick the right area). How

about San Diego? That would put you close to HEI for treatment and give you a

great waterfront. Plus some cross-boarder shopping in Mexico!

But really it would not have to be close to MGH, HEI, etc (although it may be

convenient seeing we have a tendency to be regular guests at such places). I

wouldn't think hospitals actually want to get involved with something like

setting up the NF2 House - they are not in this business. Perhaps a property

manager could help. Perhaps they could reserve a row of townhouses or condos

just for NF2 people and gear them for deafness/accessibility. I bet a property

manager could give you a good idea of the cost too (downpayment and monthly

payments).

I thought this was a good idea when it came up. I am not in a position to go for

it myself but it certainly sounds appealing.

----------

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 8:32 AM

Subject: Re: re: NF2 house location

Who says it has to be near MGH ir HEI, why not N. Carolina, S. Carolina,

Arizona, Florida or anywhere?

Mikey

At 05:36 PM 9/18/00 -0400, you wrote:

>You know NF Inc recently asked me to do a vision statement, and pretend

>money was not an object. I am going to ask them if I can do an addendum,

>and suggest the " NF2 house!;; Not that I think they are going to jump on

>this, but it lets people know we are thinking of it! My question is, are we

>thinking of this as a residential place where people live like all year? Do

>you think people would be willing to relocate/leave their families/support

>groups? I am just asking. I think Lynn had very good points in saying we

>need to consider the accessability of the area. Someplace flat, with

>relatively mild winters would probably be better? As far as near an NF2

>center, I think of MGH and HEI first; the winters would be rugged at MGH.

>And you could offer me free rent and I would not stay in LA!! But I wonder

>how close to HEI it would have to be? Just brainstorming. marie

>

>

> >hi Crew -

>also

>etc......

> >wish you well.

> >hugs,

> >LynnBK

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

You know we all like the idea of a house, but do you really think we could ever agree on a site? And if we did, how many of you would REALLY go to live there? Now be honest; think if you have future surgery ahead, and your family will not be there to care for you, etc. --would you really relocate? The devil's advocate, marie

re: NF2 house location > > > > > > >hi Crew - > > >i think the idea of an NF2 House is great - specially for singles. > > >do bear in mind that places like SanFrancisco are not easy to get around in > > >in wheelchairs or walking on slopes, good weather is important to many > >also > > >for driving or walking or buses, > > >suggest you do a survey who is interested - what would you need > >etc...... > > >what help needed, it would be nice to appeal to independent souls too. > > >wish you well. > > >hugs, > > >LynnBK > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com .

Guest guest

You know we all like the idea of a house, but do you really think we could ever agree on a site? And if we did, how many of you would REALLY go to live there? Now be honest; think if you have future surgery ahead, and your family will not be there to care for you, etc. --would you really relocate? The devil's advocate, marie

re: NF2 house location > > > > > > >hi Crew - > > >i think the idea of an NF2 House is great - specially for singles. > > >do bear in mind that places like SanFrancisco are not easy to get around in > > >in wheelchairs or walking on slopes, good weather is important to many > >also > > >for driving or walking or buses, > > >suggest you do a survey who is interested - what would you need > >etc...... > > >what help needed, it would be nice to appeal to independent souls too. > > >wish you well. > > >hugs, > > >LynnBK > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com .

Guest guest

It looks like one hand is doin' the thumbs up sign and the other is doin' the thumbs down. Must be a new sign, eh?

Greg

Crew: What does this say? Found it on my email format.

I love the house idea!!!!! Keep on planning. I live in Missouri and want to go to the ocean or gulf. But I am open to lots of good areas. (Mountains)Sue

> >At 05:36 PM 9/18/00 -0400, you wrote: > >You know NF Inc recently asked me to do a vision statement, and pretend > >money was not an object. I am going to ask them if I can do an addendum, > >and suggest the "NF2 house!;; Not that I think they are going to jump on > >this, but it lets people know we are thinking of it! My question is, are we > >thinking of this as a residential place where people live like all year? Do > >you think people would be willing to relocate/leave their families/support > >groups? I am just asking. I think Lynn had very good points in saying we > >need to consider the accessability of the area. Someplace flat, with > >relatively mild winters would probably be better? As far as near an NF2 > >center, I think of MGH and HEI first; the winters would be rugged at MGH. > >And you could offer me free rent and I would not stay in LA!! But I wonder > >how close to HEI it would have to be? Just brainstorming. marie > > re: NF2 house location > > > > > > >hi Crew - > > >i think the idea of an NF2 House is great - specially for singles. > > >do bear in mind that places like SanFrancisco are not easy to get around in > > >in wheelchairs or walking on slopes, good weather is important to many > >also > > >for driving or walking or buses, > > >suggest you do a survey who is interested - what would you need > >etc...... > > >what help needed, it would be nice to appeal to independent souls too. > > >wish you well. > > >hugs, > > >LynnBK > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com. Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com .

Guest guest

It looks like one hand is doin' the thumbs up sign and the other is doin' the thumbs down. Must be a new sign, eh?

Greg

I love the house idea!!!!! Keep on planning. I live in Missouri and want to go to the ocean or gulf. But I am open to lots of good areas. (Mountains)Sue

> >At 05:36 PM 9/18/00 -0400, you wrote: > >You know NF Inc recently asked me to do a vision statement, and pretend > >money was not an object. I am going to ask them if I can do an addendum, > >and suggest the "NF2 house!;; Not that I think they are going to jump on > >this, but it lets people know we are thinking of it! My question is, are we > >thinking of this as a residential place where people live like all year? Do > >you think people would be willing to relocate/leave their families/support > >groups? I am just asking. I think Lynn had very good points in saying we > >need to consider the accessability of the area. Someplace flat, with > >relatively mild winters would probably be better? As far as near an NF2 > >center, I think of MGH and HEI first; the winters would be rugged at MGH. > >And you could offer me free rent and I would not stay in LA!! But I wonder > >how close to HEI it would have to be? Just brainstorming. marie > > re: NF2 house location > > > > > > >hi Crew - > > >i think the idea of an NF2 House is great - specially for singles. > > >do bear in mind that places like SanFrancisco are not easy to get around in > > >in wheelchairs or walking on slopes, good weather is important to many > >also > > >for driving or walking or buses, > > >suggest you do a survey who is interested - what would you need > >etc...... > > >what help needed, it would be nice to appeal to independent souls too. > > >wish you well. > > >hugs, > > >LynnBK > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com. Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com .

Guest guest

Greg

Guest guest

IT LOOKS LIKE IT SAYS "FRIENDS".

Jeff

Guest guest

Jeff

Guest guest

Jeff

Guest guest

Well, I imagine the other members of the house would become your new family. We could look after each other or maybe have nurses come and help like jimmy does.

The idea of moving away from my family dont bother me but the idea of quitting my job does.

anything else??????

Jeff

Re: re: NF2 house location

Guest guest

Well, I imagine the other members of the house would become your new family. We could look after each other or maybe have nurses come and help like jimmy does.

The idea of moving away from my family dont bother me but the idea of quitting my job does.

anything else??????

Jeff

Guest guest

anything else??????

Jeff

Guest guest

Marie...I think the NF2 house is a good idea...why not do like the Mcs

House does and houses families near hospitals when members are having surgery?

You could still be the house MOM....Didn't we just have someone on here

recently that needed a place.? You may be able to apply for a grant too???

Just a thought??

Carol

Marie Drew wrote:

You know we all like the idea of a house, but

do you really think we could ever agree on a site? And if we did, how many

of you would REALLY go to live there? Now be honest; think if you

have future surgery ahead, and your family will not be there to care for

you, etc. --would you really relocate? The devil's advocate,

marie

-----Original

Message-----

<NF2_Crewegroups>

Date: Tuesday, September 19,

2000 10:04 PM

Subject: Re: re:

NF2 house location

I love the house idea!!!!! Keep on planning. I live in Missouri

and want to go to the ocean or gulf. But I am open to lots of good

areas. (Mountains)

Sue

>

>At 05:36 PM 9/18/00 -0400, you wrote:

> >You know NF Inc recently asked me to do a vision statement, and

pretend

> >money was not an object. I am going to ask them if I can do an addendum,

> >and suggest the "NF2 house!;; Not that I think they are going to

jump on

> >this, but it lets people know we are thinking of it! My question

is, are we

> >thinking of this as a residential place where people live like all

year? Do

> >you think people would be willing to relocate/leave their families/support

> >groups? I am just asking. I think Lynn had very good points in saying

we

> >need to consider the accessability of the area. Someplace flat,

with

> >relatively mild winters would probably be better? As far as near

an NF2

> >center, I think of MGH and HEI first; the winters would be rugged

at MGH.

> >And you could offer me free rent and I would not stay in LA!! But

I wonder

> >how close to HEI it would have to be? Just brainstorming. marie

> > re: NF2 house location

> >

> >

> > >hi Crew -

> > >i think the idea of an NF2 House is great - specially for singles.

> > >do bear in mind that places like SanFrancisco are not easy to

get around in

> > >in wheelchairs or walking on slopes, good weather is important

to many

> >also

> > >for driving or walking or buses,

> > >suggest you do a survey who is interested - what would you need

> >etc......

> > >what help needed, it would be nice to appeal to independent souls

too.

> > >wish you well.

> > >hugs,

> > >LynnBK

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

>

>

>

>

>

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at

http://profiles.msn.com .

Guest guest

Just a thought??

Carol

Marie Drew wrote:

marie

-----Original

Message-----

<NF2_Crewegroups>

NF2 house location

areas. (Mountains)

Sue

>

pretend

jump on

is, are we

year? Do

we

with

an NF2

at MGH.

I wonder

> >

> >

> > >hi Crew -

get around in

to many

> >also

> >etc......

too.

> > >wish you well.

> > >hugs,

> > >LynnBK

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Just a thought??

Carol

Marie Drew wrote:

marie

-----Original

Message-----

<NF2_Crewegroups>

NF2 house location

areas. (Mountains)

Sue

>

pretend

jump on

is, are we

year? Do

we

with

an NF2

at MGH.

I wonder

> >

> >

> > >hi Crew -

get around in

to many

> >also

> >etc......

too.

> > >wish you well.

> > >hugs,

> > >LynnBK

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

One reason Florida is because there is no state tax. A little easier on the

pocket book. But then you have a bunch of retirees down there driving over

80, many who should have given up the licenses long ago driving big old

battle tanks.......point and drive and hit anything in it's way. My

brother lost one car down there that way, an Electra 225 came across 4

lanes and totaled his Dodge Charger. <crunch>

Mikey

At 10:28 PM 9/19/00 -0400, you wrote:

>Way to go Mikey!! Any why not, umm, err.... Canada! :)

>

>LA would be a wonderful place though (assuming you pick the right area).

>How about San Diego? That would put you close to HEI for treatment and

>give you a great waterfront. Plus some cross-boarder shopping in Mexico!

>

>But really it would not have to be close to MGH, HEI, etc (although it may

>be convenient seeing we have a tendency to be regular guests at such

>places). I wouldn't think hospitals actually want to get involved with

>something like setting up the NF2 House - they are not in this business.

>Perhaps a property manager could help. Perhaps they could reserve a row of

>townhouses or condos just for NF2 people and gear them for

>deafness/accessibility. I bet a property manager could give you a good

>idea of the cost too (downpayment and monthly payments).

>

>I thought this was a good idea when it came up. I am not in a position to

>go for it myself but it certainly sounds appealing.

>

>

>----------

>From: ashley

>Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 8:32 AM

>To: NF2_Crewegroups

>Subject: Re: re: NF2 house location

>

>Who says it has to be near MGH ir HEI, why not N. Carolina, S. Carolina,

>Arizona, Florida or anywhere?

>Mikey

>

> >You know NF Inc recently asked me to do a vision statement, and pretend

> >and suggest the " NF2 house!;; Not that I think they are going to jump on

> >this, but it lets people know we are thinking of it! My question is, are we

> >thinking of this as a residential place where people live like all year? Do

> >groups? I am just asking. I think Lynn had very good points in saying we

> >need to consider the accessability of the area. Someplace flat, with

> >relatively mild winters would probably be better? As far as near an NF2

> >center, I think of MGH and HEI first; the winters would be rugged at MGH.

> >And you could offer me free rent and I would not stay in LA!! But I wonder

> >

> >

> > >hi Crew -

> > >do bear in mind that places like SanFrancisco are not easy to get

> around in

> > >in wheelchairs or walking on slopes, good weather is important to many

> >also

> >etc......

> > >what help needed, it would be nice to appeal to independent souls too.

> > >wish you well.

> > >hugs,

> > >LynnBK

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

Mikey

>

>

>

>

>

>----------

>

>Mikey

>

> >

> >

> > >hi Crew -

> around in

> >also

> >etc......

> > >wish you well.

> > >hugs,

> > >LynnBK

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

Mikey

>

>

>

>

>

>----------

>

>Mikey

>

> >

> >

> > >hi Crew -

> around in

> >also

> >etc......

> > >wish you well.

> > >hugs,

> > >LynnBK

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

I've solved your problems ! Where can you go where you will get $1:50 for

every dollar you spend.

ANSWER ??? Australia of course !!

Come on down I'll be dorm MASTER, and I'll keep a close on things after

dark,,,, discipline in my specialty.......

OK I'LL go back to social now !! BYE !!!

> >

> >

> >> You know NF Inc recently asked me to do a vision statement, and pretend

> >> money was not an object. I am going to ask them if I can do an

addendum,

> >> and suggest the " NF2 house!;; Not that I think they are going to jump

on

> >> this, but it lets people know we are thinking of it! My question is,

are

> >we

> >> thinking of this as a residential place where people live like all

year?

> >Do

> >> you think people would be willing to relocate/leave their

> families/support

> >> groups? I am just asking. I think Lynn had very good points in saying

> we

> >> need to consider the accessability of the area. Someplace flat, with

> >> relatively mild winters would probably be better? As far as near an

NF2

> >> center, I think of MGH and HEI first; the winters would be rugged at

MGH.

> >> And you could offer me free rent and I would not stay in LA!! But I

> >wonder

> >> how close to HEI it would have to be? Just brainstorming. marie

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

every dollar you spend.

> >

> >

addendum,

on

are

> >we

year?

> >Do

> families/support

> we

NF2

MGH.

> >wonder

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

every dollar you spend.

> >

> >

addendum,

on

are

> >we

year?

> >Do

> families/support

> we

NF2

MGH.

> >wonder

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

/Well that is just the point; We all think it is a good idea, but how many will actually pick up and go--be it family, job, or whatever that keeps them where they are? Or would we figure that this home would be for NF2 folks who are on disability/not working? Marie

Guest guest

/Well that is just the point; We all think it is a good idea, but how many will actually pick up and go--be it family, job, or whatever that keeps them where they are? Or would we figure that this home would be for NF2 folks who are on disability/not working? Marie