RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Today's food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh, and here I've been bragging about you!

>>LOL...no that was a 2 pound one added to the 4 lb water loss.

Guest guest

Lettuce has almost no fiber.....I use finely shredded cabbage for my salads.....it's pretty good, too. Are your salads mostly lettuce?Yes....I thought it had fiber :( I use two kinds...well just looked up raw cabbage and it has .8 in half a cup...still not much....did you know we are supposed to have something like 22 grams a day!!!!

Guest guest

Well, I'd like to know how we're supposed to get 22 grams a day.....no wonder we have 'these' problems....

Guest guest

Well, I'd like to know how we're supposed to get 22 grams a day.....no wonder we have 'these' problems....

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, I'd like to know how we're supposed to get 22 grams a day.....no wonder we have 'these' problems....On my Tae Bo list they recommend lots of water, which I do and (non Atkins of course, sigh) lots of fresh fruits and veggies with their peels if you can, whole grain breads are great, and last, a excellent, excellent source of fiber is beans (any kind) and lentils.

Guest guest

Well, I'd like to know how we're supposed to get 22 grams a day.....no wonder we have 'these' problems....On my Tae Bo list they recommend lots of water, which I do and (non Atkins of course, sigh) lots of fresh fruits and veggies with their peels if you can, whole grain breads are great, and last, a excellent, excellent source of fiber is beans (any kind) and lentils.

Guest guest

I'm lucky if I get 22 grams in a WEEK! Christabelle

-----Original Message-----From: Joya Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 7:43 PMTo: AtkinsChallengersegroupsSubject: Re: Today's food

Lettuce has almost no fiber.....I use finely shredded cabbage for my salads.....it's pretty good, too. Are your salads mostly lettuce?Yes....I thought it had fiber :( I use two kinds...well just looked up raw cabbage and it has .8 in half a cup...still not much....did you know we are supposed to have something like 22 grams a day!!!!Please visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengersYou will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

I'm lucky if I get 22 grams in a WEEK! Christabelle

-----Original Message-----From: Joya Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 7:43 PMTo: AtkinsChallengersegroupsSubject: Re: Today's food

Lettuce has almost no fiber.....I use finely shredded cabbage for my salads.....it's pretty good, too. Are your salads mostly lettuce?Yes....I thought it had fiber :( I use two kinds...well just looked up raw cabbage and it has .8 in half a cup...still not much....did you know we are supposed to have something like 22 grams a day!!!!Please visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengersYou will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

Joya:

I like the crunchiness (is that a word?) of Bran o Crisp crackers in soups. They have 11 g of carbohydrates, all fiber, per cracker. They have a taste (cardboard) that takes getting used to.

On the 19th I am getting a colonoscopy, and the laxative for that (fleet Phospho sodio something ) really works. It is really effective, and nothing that a person would voluntarily repeat, LOL.

Well, I'd like to know how we're supposed to get 22 grams a day.....no wonder we have 'these' problems....On my Tae Bo list they recommend lots of water, which I do and (non Atkins of course, sigh) lots of fresh fruits and veggies with their peels if you can, whole grain breads are great, and last, a excellent, excellent source of fiber is beans (any kind) and lentils. Please visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengersYou will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

Joya:

I like the crunchiness (is that a word?) of Bran o Crisp crackers in soups. They have 11 g of carbohydrates, all fiber, per cracker. They have a taste (cardboard) that takes getting used to.

On the 19th I am getting a colonoscopy, and the laxative for that (fleet Phospho sodio something ) really works. It is really effective, and nothing that a person would voluntarily repeat, LOL.

Well, I'd like to know how we're supposed to get 22 grams a day.....no wonder we have 'these' problems....On my Tae Bo list they recommend lots of water, which I do and (non Atkins of course, sigh) lots of fresh fruits and veggies with their peels if you can, whole grain breads are great, and last, a excellent, excellent source of fiber is beans (any kind) and lentils. Please visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengersYou will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

Joya:

Guest guest

I have to get a colonoscopy this year...am psyching myself up for it...it is the one thing I swore I would never do, but of course, the time has come...

Dear Joya:

My mom had one a year or so ago, she was VERY anxious about it too. Her mom died of colon cancer so it was a definate MUST do. She told me they drugged her up so well that the experience was not even close to being as scary or painful as THINKING about it. You can do it Joya....You have too!

Squeezes,

August

Guest guest

I have to get a colonoscopy this year...am psyching myself up for it...it is the one thing I swore I would never do, but of course, the time has come...

Dear Joya:

My mom had one a year or so ago, she was VERY anxious about it too. Her mom died of colon cancer so it was a definate MUST do. She told me they drugged her up so well that the experience was not even close to being as scary or painful as THINKING about it. You can do it Joya....You have too!

Squeezes,

August

Guest guest

All fiber??? Which basically means no carbs once you subract...so do you just need one a day?

I have to get a colonoscopy this year...am psyching myself up for it...it is the one thing I swore I would never do, but of course, the time has come...I am 50 and my grandparents died of colon cancer...and I have my ongoing er..."problem" ... I really dread it though.

Joya

On the 19th I am getting a colonoscopy, and the laxative for that (fleet Phospho

Guest guest

Oh ... do I ever know what you mean about not voluntarily repeating

the " pre " test laxative. It was the worst tasting stuff I have ever

tasted. The secret, or it helped me, is to have it over ice or very

chilled. The first two swallows was okay. After that, gag city.

Good luck with your colonoscopy. I had mine last January. The first part

was a flexsigmoidoscopy in the doctors office and then I went to the

hospital for the colon xray. It was cinch and not painful.

Susie

Guest guest

Actually, I think these crackers have 6 carbs each. I think they are

made in Europe and they subtract the fiber in their count.

Beth

> All fiber??? Which basically means no carbs once you subract...so do you just

need one a day?

>

> I have to get a colonoscopy this year...am psyching myself up for it...it is

the one thing I swore I would never do, but of course, the time has come...I am

50 and my grandparents died of colon cancer...and I have my ongoing

er... " problem " ... I really dread it though.

>

> Joya

> I like the crunchiness (is that a word?) of Bran o Crisp crackers in soups.

They have 11 g of carbohydrates, all fiber, per cracker. They have a taste

(cardboard) that takes getting used to.

> On the 19th I am getting a colonoscopy, and the laxative for

that (fleet Phospho

Guest guest

Beth

need one a day?

>

>

> Joya

that (fleet Phospho

Guest guest

Beth

need one a day?

>

>

> Joya

that (fleet Phospho

Guest guest

But I don't take them for fiber, anyway not just for fiber. I use them as I would WASA bread, to hold filling for a sandwich and to crumble in soup.

All fiber??? Which basically means no carbs once you subract...so do you just need one a day?

I have to get a colonoscopy this year...am psyching myself up for it...it is the one thing I swore I would never do, but of course, the time has come...I am 50 and my grandparents died of colon cancer...and I have my ongoing er..."problem" ... I really dread it though.

Joya

On the 19th I am getting a colonoscopy, and the laxative for that (fleet Phospho

Guest guest

But I don't take them for fiber, anyway not just for fiber. I use them as I would WASA bread, to hold filling for a sandwich and to crumble in soup.

Joya

Guest guest

Whuupps!! You're right, the packages says 6 g of carb 2 of which is

insoluble fiber. Gosh darn it. They are 4 g of useable carb per slice. 65%

of the cracker is the hull of wheat. (bran)

> Actually, I think these crackers have 6 carbs each. I think they are

> made in Europe and they subtract the fiber in their count.

>

> Beth

>

>

> > All fiber??? Which basically means no carbs once you subract...so do you

just need one a day?

> >

> > I have to get a colonoscopy this year...am psyching myself up for

it...it is the one thing I swore I would never do, but of course, the time

has come...I am 50 and my grandparents died of colon cancer...and I have my

ongoing er... " problem " ... I really dread it though.

> >

> > Joya

> > I like the crunchiness (is that a word?) of Bran o Crisp crackers in

soups. They have 11 g of carbohydrates, all fiber, per cracker. They have

a taste (cardboard) that takes getting used to.

> > On the 19th I am getting a colonoscopy, and the laxative for

> that (fleet Phospho

>

>

>

> Please visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengers

> You will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.

> To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...

> Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site -

http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

>

>