Guest guest

Re: Mike

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, Donna. I'm so sorry your head is paining you again. Wish I could sneak

in and

wave it all away. I'm not doing to hot myself today. My rash has just

gotten raw,

and I'm sleeping a lot all of a sudden, so that means a flare is happening.

It will pass,

but each time seems harder to make a comeback. I thought the Plaquenil was

working

and maybe it is, but you get a few extra days of feeling pretty good, and

WHAM! I just

never get used to being unpleasantly surprised. LOL

You take care, and here's hoping this migraine is a short one. Loving hugs,

MM

Guest guest

Hi, Donna. I'm so sorry your head is paining you again. Wish I could sneak

in and

wave it all away. I'm not doing to hot myself today. My rash has just

gotten raw,

and I'm sleeping a lot all of a sudden, so that means a flare is happening.

It will pass,

but each time seems harder to make a comeback. I thought the Plaquenil was

working

and maybe it is, but you get a few extra days of feeling pretty good, and

WHAM! I just

never get used to being unpleasantly surprised. LOL

You take care, and here's hoping this migraine is a short one. Loving hugs,

MM

Guest guest

Donna, Yup, I saw it, and deleted it. I have Norton Virus Scan and it does

a good job.

Thanks for the heads up, tho. Love, MM

Guest guest

Donna, Yup, I saw it, and deleted it. I have Norton Virus Scan and it does

a good job.

Thanks for the heads up, tho. Love, MM

Guest guest

Hi Mike,

Will you be needing to go to see your doc if you are in a flare or do you just try to get through it and call the doc later?

What do you think is going on? I hate this disease! I know it could be worse, but there are so many in our group right now that just need a healing touch.

Please keep me posted on how you are doing. I am praying for you, my friend.

Love, Donna

Hi, Donna. I'm so sorry your head is paining you again. Wish I could sneak in and wave it all away. I'm not doing to hot myself today. My rash has just gotten raw,and I'm sleeping a lot all of a sudden, so that means a flare is happening. It will pass,but each time seems harder to make a comeback. I thought the Plaquenil was workingand maybe it is, but you get a few extra days of feeling pretty good, and WHAM! I justnever get used to being unpleasantly surprised. LOLYou take care, and here's hoping this migraine is a short one. Loving hugs, MM"The LUPIES Store" Come check out our store...http://www.cafepress.com/thelupies"The LUPIES Web Page"http://www.itzarion.com/lupusgroup.html"The LUPIES online photo albums!" Check out what your fellow Lupies look like...http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=lupies

Guest guest

Donna, Thanks for the prayers and kind words. I'm really not half bad, as

compared

to other flares...so far. I am always cautiously optimistic any more,

because I have

made the mistake of going with the upturn and doing too much, only to be

slammed

back into bed, again. So, I am trying to take things a bit easier this time.

Also, I have a dinner engagement Friday night for a Crab feed, and I don't

want to miss it.

I only get fresh Dungeness Crab about once a year, if that, so I am looking

forward to

seeing my friends and having all the crab I can consume. LOL They serve

pasta and

salad and rolls, too, but I usually just eat crab and salad. Used to be,

when the price

was fairly low, I would get enough to feed a crowd and invite my friends and

family

over for a feed. Too expensive these days for that, so Friday will be a real

treat.

Keep your fingers crossed that I feel well enough to go.

I am retaining water like mad, again. Seems to go with the flare of the skin

sores,

fatigue, and general feeling of ennui (as they used to say in old French

novels). I was

up more than down today, so that is a good sign. More later, hope you get

some sleep

my friend. You don't need the insomniac crown, either. Love, MM

Guest guest

compared

because I have

slammed

want to miss it.

forward to

pasta and

when the price

family

treat.

sores,

novels). I was

some sleep

Guest guest

compared

because I have

slammed

want to miss it.

forward to

pasta and

when the price

family

treat.

sores,

novels). I was

some sleep

Guest guest

MM i am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling to well i sure do hope you get better by friday so you can go to your crab thingy. LOl as for me i am doing pretty good just been so tired lately i don't know why cause i went and got my cbc yesterday and my hg is up to 12.3 it just seems like everytime i sit down or lay down i go right to sleep but i got engery though to were if i was sleeping can someone called and wanted to go out i would go so they left a note for the dr but i havent heard back from him yet. I don't know if i am so tired cause i started walking and my body isn't use to it. It's been about 3 weeks now since i last had my procrit shot. But i dont need it right now cause of my cbc being in the 12's hell who knows i sleep really good at night so i know its not lack of sleep. If i hear anything back from the dr i will let y'all know what he says i go and see him on the 28th of this month anyways. Well sweetie it is getting late I sure do hope you get to feeling better you are i my prayers and thoughts.

Love Kimi

Guest guest

MM i am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling to well i sure do hope you get better by friday so you can go to your crab thingy. LOl as for me i am doing pretty good just been so tired lately i don't know why cause i went and got my cbc yesterday and my hg is up to 12.3 it just seems like everytime i sit down or lay down i go right to sleep but i got engery though to were if i was sleeping can someone called and wanted to go out i would go so they left a note for the dr but i havent heard back from him yet. I don't know if i am so tired cause i started walking and my body isn't use to it. It's been about 3 weeks now since i last had my procrit shot. But i dont need it right now cause of my cbc being in the 12's hell who knows i sleep really good at night so i know its not lack of sleep. If i hear anything back from the dr i will let y'all know what he says i go and see him on the 28th of this month anyways. Well sweetie it is getting late I sure do hope you get to feeling better you are i my prayers and thoughts.

Love Kimi

Guest guest

Hi, Kimi-girl, Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Let me know what you

find out

from the doc. Take care, honey. MM

Guest guest

Hi Mike,

Well, I am sure hoping you are feeling good on Friday so you can go to the Crab feed. It sounds like a lot of fun and you deserve it. Just try not to overdo between now and then and hopefully things will kind of stay on an even keel.

Do you usually retain water when you are in this kind of flare? Can your doc give you Lasix or something to help you get rid of the water you are retaining?

I know what you mean about being cautiously optimistic. I am almost afraid to say I feel good anymore because when I start feeling normal, something always slaps me down.

I am just thankful to be migraine free tonight. Boy, that last one was a humdinger, but thank God it's gone. I don't know what in the world sets those things off. I guess it's probably a number of things for me. The migraine meds I have though, seem to really work. I may have to take more than one dose but usually by the second dose, it's on it's way out. Just leaves me feeling drained and not worth much after.

Take care, my friend, and let me know how you and the boys are doing.

Love, Donna

Donna, Thanks for the prayers and kind words. I'm really not half bad, as comparedto other flares...so far. I am always cautiously optimistic any more, because I havemade the mistake of going with the upturn and doing too much, only to be slammedback into bed, again. So, I am trying to take things a bit easier this time. Also, I have a dinner engagement Friday night for a Crab feed, and I don't want to miss it.I only get fresh Dungeness Crab about once a year, if that, so I am looking forward toseeing my friends and having all the crab I can consume. LOL They serve pasta andsalad and rolls, too, but I usually just eat crab and salad. Used to be, when the pricewas fairly low, I would get enough to feed a crowd and invite my friends and familyover for a feed. Too expensive these days for that, so Friday will be a real treat.Keep your fingers crossed that I feel well enough to go.I am retaining water like mad, again. Seems to go with the flare of the skin sores,fatigue, and general feeling of ennui (as they used to say in old French novels). I wasup more than down today, so that is a good sign. More later, hope you get some sleepmy friend. You don't need the insomniac crown, either. Love, MM"The LUPIES Store" Come check out our store...http://www.cafepress.com/thelupies"The LUPIES Web Page"http://www.itzarion.com/lupusgroup.html"The LUPIES online photo albums!" Check out what your fellow Lupies look like...http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=lupies

Guest guest

Hi Mike,

Well, I am sure hoping you are feeling good on Friday so you can go to the Crab feed. It sounds like a lot of fun and you deserve it. Just try not to overdo between now and then and hopefully things will kind of stay on an even keel.

Do you usually retain water when you are in this kind of flare? Can your doc give you Lasix or something to help you get rid of the water you are retaining?

I know what you mean about being cautiously optimistic. I am almost afraid to say I feel good anymore because when I start feeling normal, something always slaps me down.

I am just thankful to be migraine free tonight. Boy, that last one was a humdinger, but thank God it's gone. I don't know what in the world sets those things off. I guess it's probably a number of things for me. The migraine meds I have though, seem to really work. I may have to take more than one dose but usually by the second dose, it's on it's way out. Just leaves me feeling drained and not worth much after.

Love, Donna

Donna, Thanks for the prayers and kind words. I'm really not half bad, as comparedto other flares...so far. I am always cautiously optimistic any more, because I havemade the mistake of going with the upturn and doing too much, only to be slammedback into bed, again. So, I am trying to take things a bit easier this time. Also, I have a dinner engagement Friday night for a Crab feed, and I don't want to miss it.I only get fresh Dungeness Crab about once a year, if that, so I am looking forward toseeing my friends and having all the crab I can consume. LOL They serve pasta andsalad and rolls, too, but I usually just eat crab and salad. Used to be, when the pricewas fairly low, I would get enough to feed a crowd and invite my friends and familyover for a feed. Too expensive these days for that, so Friday will be a real treat.Keep your fingers crossed that I feel well enough to go.I am retaining water like mad, again. Seems to go with the flare of the skin sores,fatigue, and general feeling of ennui (as they used to say in old French novels). I wasup more than down today, so that is a good sign. More later, hope you get some sleepmy friend. You don't need the insomniac crown, either. Love, MM"The LUPIES Store" Come check out our store...http://www.cafepress.com/thelupies"The LUPIES Web Page"http://www.itzarion.com/lupusgroup.html"The LUPIES online photo albums!" Check out what your fellow Lupies look like...http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=lupies

Guest guest

Hi Mike,

Love, Donna

Guest guest

Donna, I am doing ok today, except for being the potty princess again. But,

that is

the way of life for me these last few months, especially. I am experimenting

with

not taking my hormone pills this week to see if it will help me tone down the

rash

on my body. I have strange and unpredictable allergic reactions to things

that have

never bothered me before, and that is the last medication I have to try

going without

to see if it has any effect at all. I hesitate to stop the premarin because

of my history with depression and bitchiness, but since I take Prozac, too, I

may get away

with it for a week, which is what the doc is asking me to try. So, here

goes. LOL

If you notice I am getting really crabby, or not responding, you can bet it's

probably

the lack of hormones. Sheesh. This bloody autoimmune crap is never ending,

isn't

it?

Anyway, I will give a full report on the crab feed when I get into my mailbox

on

Saturday. Don't drink, so shouldn't have a hangover from alcohol, but may

have a bit

of sleeping in to do, because of fatigue that morning. I don't get out much,

so this

will be a real treat.

How are you doing today? Glad your migraine took a hike, for now. I just

hate those

things. Can't escape 'em, no matter what you do. Take care, honey. Hugs, MM

Guest guest

Hey, there, Brat. Well, I AM a fat, farty old woman...Pffft! And, that's

the truth, to

quote Edith Ann of Laugh In fame. LOL I am being the Potty Princess again

today, but

am feeling better in other respects. My skin sores are just that, SORE.

I've used all

the stuff the doc gave me, and herbals, and you name it, but nothing is

helping it. So,

the dermy said to try eliminating another one of my meds to see if it might be

aggravating the rashes. The only med we haven't tried eliminating is my

Premarin, so

I stopped it today. I have to go without the hormones for a week. Jeez! I

hope the

kids survive it! LOL

How are you doing? You weren't doing so hot, yourself. Hope you are better.

Are you

off this weekend, or do you have to work? I am going to a crab feed tomorrow

night

with some old friends. It's a charity event, but I'm their guest, so won't

cost me

anything except time and a potential stomach ache from eating too much crab.

LOL

I can hardly wait. I only get crab when the price goes way down, and this

year it's

stayed high due to the El Nino weather patterns.

Take care, Brat, and let me know if you hear anything from Deanna's hubby, or

from

Deb or HER family. I'm worried about her. Love, MM

Guest guest

Hi, Brat, I'm leaving in 20 minutes for the crab feed. I'll report in full

tomorrow. LOL

Yeah, the last time I had word about Debs, she was medically incarcerated.

So, I'm

getting pretty worried about her. You'd think someone from her house would

email us

though, wouldn't you? Well, gotta go and put my shirt on and get outta here.

Love, MM

Guest guest

Brat, Yup, I'd say she was pretty spoiled. Did you see Mukund's post?

I sent one back to him, about laundry and doing it by hand. Think he'll be

surprised to see

that not all American's can afford appliances, either. LOL MM

Guest guest

Hi, Brat. I'm doing ok, I guess. I seem to have short spurts of feeling

pretty good,

then have to spend most of a day down resting. But, that is much better than

spending

a week down resting, for sure, and THAT'S where I was before Plaquenil, and

actually,

up until about a month ago. I started to notice that I was not taking weeks

to get over a cold like before, and that was at Christmas, so I guess that is

about a month,

now. Of course, I STILL haven't taken down the creche or little ceramic

village, but

at least the grapevine tree is now in storage, all the lights that were taken

down

are put away, and it's just a question of being up to striking the " set " .

LOL

My PCP is pushing me to come in for a checkup before he'll refill some of my

prescriptions, but I'm putting off the evil day. I just hate it when he nags

me about

anything. I'm doing my level best, but I refuse to spend every waking minute

consumed with this damned disease. My Rheumy is more understanding, and much

less

" naggy " . I think I like her some better than when I first saw her and was

put off by

that $25 charge for signing insurance forms. At least, her, I see only three

times

a year unless I'm in crisis or need my disability forms signed. I don't see

the internist or endocrinologist or dermatologist or gastroenterologist

unless I am deathly ill and can't avoid it. I just hate being a pincushion,

and you know how it is

once they get you incarcerated. They take such liberties. Sheesh!

Anyhow, when will you get your results? Been thinking about you, Normi, and

Deanna

all day today. Also, have had a couple of short emails and a phone call from

Christi,

and she seems to be recovering slowly, but surely. Keep your fingers crossed

for her,

too, ok? Guess I'd better stop this novel and answer some of the other

emails in my

box. You take care, and let me know what's up with you and Deanna. Loving

hugs, MM

Guest guest

pretty good,

spending

actually,

about a month,

village, but

down

LOL

me about

less

put off by

times

and you know how it is

Deanna

Christi,

for her,

emails in my

hugs, MM

Guest guest

pretty good,

spending

actually,

about a month,

village, but

down

LOL

me about

less

put off by

times

and you know how it is

Deanna

Christi,

for her,

emails in my

hugs, MM

Guest guest

Donna, Yep. We are pretty much back to the normal kibitzin', " the I wants " ,

the bad

words, and all the rest of it. However, I may get rich off the language

problem. LOL

At a buck a word, the boys had to give me most of the money they received for

Christmas. They were just all caught up and watching their words very well

when

the holidays ended, and now they are slipping back into bad habits. I have

put Randy

on phone restriction for the rest of this week, and Reesey is on for the next

two days,

as well as both of them owing me part of next weekend's pay for chores. They

just

aren't getting the message. I have tried the other way 'round, of rewarding

good

behavior with gift certificates for clean language, extra pay for extra

chores, etc.,

but they are still hoping I will wear out before they have to comply. To

quote a certain little yellow Tweety Bird, " They don't know me very well, do

they? " LOL

I can be so stubborn at times as to make the Rock of Gibraltar look like

quicksand.

Yep, I'm the Queen of Mean, according to the boys. Teehee.

I need to prune the roses soon, but the sun decided to come out today for the

first

time in weeks. Of course, that is just an excuse to put off the pruning for

another

day. Ain't I awful? I'd rather go to the trade-in bookstore and get some

more reading

material. I go through books so fast it's a wonder the pages don't smoke.

More later, and how are you today, Missy? Loving hugs, MM

Guest guest

Donna, Yep. We are pretty much back to the normal kibitzin', " the I wants " ,

the bad

words, and all the rest of it. However, I may get rich off the language

problem. LOL

At a buck a word, the boys had to give me most of the money they received for

Christmas. They were just all caught up and watching their words very well

when

the holidays ended, and now they are slipping back into bad habits. I have

put Randy

on phone restriction for the rest of this week, and Reesey is on for the next

two days,

as well as both of them owing me part of next weekend's pay for chores. They

just

aren't getting the message. I have tried the other way 'round, of rewarding

good

behavior with gift certificates for clean language, extra pay for extra

chores, etc.,

but they are still hoping I will wear out before they have to comply. To

quote a certain little yellow Tweety Bird, " They don't know me very well, do

they? " LOL

I can be so stubborn at times as to make the Rock of Gibraltar look like

quicksand.

Yep, I'm the Queen of Mean, according to the boys. Teehee.

I need to prune the roses soon, but the sun decided to come out today for the

first

time in weeks. Of course, that is just an excuse to put off the pruning for

another

day. Ain't I awful? I'd rather go to the trade-in bookstore and get some

more reading

material. I go through books so fast it's a wonder the pages don't smoke.

More later, and how are you today, Missy? Loving hugs, MM