RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

yes, it is ok to dose humalog after eating that is true. for example, I sit down

to eat and may eat 30 grams, 45 grams, 60 grams but who knows. so, I wait to

dose humalog until after I eat so I can have the flexibility to eat as much as I

want up to 60 grams. If I dose prior to a meal, I have to eat that amount and

cannot go over.

Regards,

question

>

>

> Today I stop taking Startix and go back to lantus and to humalog.

> I need to know when you should take humalog before meals.

> My doctor says 15 minutes before meals. Is this correct?

> thanks Dave johnson

> ps any other advice would be appreciated.

>

>

Guest guest

You got that right! The higher the carb consumption; the more difficult it

is to dose the correct number of units of Humalog to cover them.

Combining high carbs with high fat consumption makes it a real crap shoot!

question

> >

> >

> > Today I stop taking Startix and go back to lantus and to humalog.

> > I need to know when you should take humalog before meals.

> > My doctor says 15 minutes before meals. Is this correct?

> > thanks Dave johnson

> > ps any other advice would be appreciated.

> >

> >

Guest guest

really, if you eat over 30 grams at a meal you actually have to over dose on

humalog, on a low level scale, to ensure your sugar doesn't go high. The problem

is the more carbs you eat, the unit of measurement for the humalog per 15 grams

is not as accurate so you are having to tag on 2 or 3 more extra units. I.E 2

units of H per 15 grams is fine for up to 30 grams of carbs. Past that, you are

getting into low level guess work. I have found that a meal at 30 grams, if I

dose for 30 grams, I have no concerns of being low and my 2 hour post is 120 or

less all the time. If I eat more carbs, I gotta dose more insulin, tag on a few

extra units to ensure I don't spike, and do a 1 hour post meal and 2 hour post

meal test to make certain I don't go low. It is risky!

Regards,

question

> >

> >

> > Today I stop taking Startix and go back to lantus and to humalog.

> > I need to know when you should take humalog before meals.

> > My doctor says 15 minutes before meals. Is this correct?

> > thanks Dave johnson

> > ps any other advice would be appreciated.

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hi Kate, I would do the steroids. I've only had steroids twice and both times I went in to the hospital, got the steroids for an hour and a half I think and then I walked out. Didn't stay over night for that. Good luck, katelloydkidz@... wrote: I've been having tremors for about a week, then last 4 days off balance, left foot drop for 2 days,eye pain and trouble focusing..Called neuro, he thinks it is a flare-up and suggested 3 days of IV solumedrol. Would you all wait to see if these pass? or is waiting asking for more trouble? He gave me the choice. How long would you wait? or would you wait at all? Does anyone know if IV steroids can be done outpatient? or do i have to go in to hosp? thanks for any feedback, hugs to all, kate begin:vcardn:Rothschild;katefn:Kathleen Rothschildtel;cell:618-0060tel;home:914 762-8734tel;work:914 332-1943url:http://www.oprah.isagenix.com/adr:;;6 Spaulding Place;Ossining;NY;10562;USAversion:2.1email;internet:katelloydkidz@...end:vcard

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.

Guest guest

Hi Kate, I would do the steroids. I've only had steroids twice and both times I went in to the hospital, got the steroids for an hour and a half I think and then I walked out. Didn't stay over night for that. Good luck, katelloydkidz@... wrote: I've been having tremors for about a week, then last 4 days off balance, left foot drop for 2 days,eye pain and trouble focusing..Called neuro, he thinks it is a flare-up and suggested 3 days of IV solumedrol. Would you all wait to see if these pass? or is waiting asking for more trouble? He gave me the choice. How long would you wait? or would you wait at all? Does anyone know if IV steroids can be done outpatient? or do i have to go in to hosp? thanks for any feedback, hugs to all, kate begin:vcardn:Rothschild;katefn:Kathleen Rothschildtel;cell:618-0060tel;home:914 762-8734tel;work:914 332-1943url:http://www.oprah.isagenix.com/adr:;;6 Spaulding Place;Ossining;NY;10562;USAversion:2.1email;internet:katelloydkidz@...end:vcard

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.

Guest guest

I had to have that done for my double vision last summer and I had to

go to the hospital and I had to go for 3 day's. The treatments for me

took about 1 1/2 hours. After I had that done to me I had no change to

my eye's so my Neurologist had me take some oral steroid pills. Those I

was able to get from Walmart and take at home. My double vision did not

go away for many months. I am not sure if the treatment helped or if my

eye trouble went away on it's own. If you doc wants you on that

treatment I would do it. everyone I talked to before my treatment said

they were taken care of quickly.

Bill

katelloydkidz@... wrote:

I've been having tremors for

about a week, then last 4 days off balance, left foot drop for 2

days,eye pain and trouble focusing..Called neuro, he thinks it is a

flare-up and suggested 3 days of IV solumedrol. Would you all wait to

see if these pass? or is waiting asking for more trouble? He gave me

the choice. How long would you wait? or would you wait at all? Does

anyone know if IV steroids can be done outpatient? or do i have to go

in to hosp? thanks for any feedback, hugs to all, kate

Guest guest

Hi Kate, I have done solumedrol both ways - inpatient and outpatient. I wouldn't wait on going in though- you want to get a handle on this. I must say depending on how busy your life is - it might be better for you to do it inpatient so that you are forced to stay down and rest. Outpatient involved me going in each day for 3-5 days I think and getting it through an IV for about an hour or so. Be warned - it left a horrible taste in my mouth - --- so right before they would start the IV I would get a sucker to suck on and it really, really helped. Also another option is: that a nurse can come to your house to administer the IV treatment - I haven't done this one. Hope you feel better, katelloydkidz@... wrote: I've been having tremors for about a week, then last 4 days off balance, left foot drop for 2 days,eye pain and trouble focusing..Called neuro, he thinks it is a flare-up and suggested 3 days of IV solumedrol. Would you all wait to see if these pass? or is waiting asking for more trouble? He gave me the choice. How long would you wait? or would you wait at all? Does anyone know if IV steroids can be done

outpatient? or do i have to go in to hosp? thanks for any feedback, hugs to all, kate begin:vcardn:Rothschild;katefn:Kathleen Rothschildtel;cell:618-0060tel;home:914 762-8734tel;work:914 332-1943url:http://www.oprah.isagenix.com/adr:;;6 Spaulding Place;Ossining;NY;10562;USAversion:2.1email;internet:katelloydkidz@...end:vcard

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Hi Kate, I have done solumedrol both ways - inpatient and outpatient. I wouldn't wait on going in though- you want to get a handle on this. I must say depending on how busy your life is - it might be better for you to do it inpatient so that you are forced to stay down and rest. Outpatient involved me going in each day for 3-5 days I think and getting it through an IV for about an hour or so. Be warned - it left a horrible taste in my mouth - --- so right before they would start the IV I would get a sucker to suck on and it really, really helped. Also another option is: that a nurse can come to your house to administer the IV treatment - I haven't done this one. Hope you feel better, katelloydkidz@... wrote: I've been having tremors for about a week, then last 4 days off balance, left foot drop for 2 days,eye pain and trouble focusing..Called neuro, he thinks it is a flare-up and suggested 3 days of IV solumedrol. Would you all wait to see if these pass? or is waiting asking for more trouble? He gave me the choice. How long would you wait? or would you wait at all? Does anyone know if IV steroids can be done

outpatient? or do i have to go in to hosp? thanks for any feedback, hugs to all, kate begin:vcardn:Rothschild;katefn:Kathleen Rothschildtel;cell:618-0060tel;home:914 762-8734tel;work:914 332-1943url:http://www.oprah.isagenix.com/adr:;;6 Spaulding Place;Ossining;NY;10562;USAversion:2.1email;internet:katelloydkidz@...end:vcard

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

When Chuck was diagnosed he was put in the hospital because they wern't for sure what was wrong. They gave him a dose of steroids in the ER as he had already been to the neuro and he thought that could be the problem. They gave him his other dose before we went home and the next day was outpatient. He goes the 28th to the neuros office for a steroid treatment. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlBreastCancerStories.comhttp://www.breastcancerstories.com/content/view/433/161/Angel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlLots of info and gifts at:www.cancerclub.com

question

I've been having tremors for about a week, then last 4 days off balance, left foot drop for 2 days,eye pain and trouble focusing..Called neuro, he thinks it is a flare-up and suggested 3 days of IV solumedrol. Would you all wait to see if these pass? or is waiting asking for more trouble? He gave me the choice. How long would you wait? or would you wait at all? Does anyone know if IV steroids can be done outpatient? or do i have to go in to hosp? thanks for any feedback, hugs to all, kate

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.4/449 - Release Date: 9/15/2006

Guest guest

I've always done my treatments at home but I think it just depends on your insurance.

E.

Colorado

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."

Cary Grant

question

I've

been having tremors for about a week, then last 4 days off balance,

left foot drop for 2 days,eye pain and trouble focusing..Called neuro,

he thinks it is a flare-up and suggested 3 days of IV solumedrol. Would

you all wait to see if these pass? or is waiting asking for more

trouble? He gave me the choice. How long would you wait? or would you

wait at all? Does anyone know if IV steroids can be done outpatient? or

do i have to go in to hosp? thanks for any feedback, hugs to all, kate

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Guest guest

I've always done my treatments at home but I think it just depends on your insurance.

E.

Colorado

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."

Cary Grant

question

I've

been having tremors for about a week, then last 4 days off balance,

left foot drop for 2 days,eye pain and trouble focusing..Called neuro,

he thinks it is a flare-up and suggested 3 days of IV solumedrol. Would

you all wait to see if these pass? or is waiting asking for more

trouble? He gave me the choice. How long would you wait? or would you

wait at all? Does anyone know if IV steroids can be done outpatient? or

do i have to go in to hosp? thanks for any feedback, hugs to all, kate

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Guest guest

Is that the same as Healing Touch?Sharon Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.. Question

Has anyone used Reiki along with their other meds? There is a woman in the breast cancer group that is a Reiki Master. One of the ladies said she would love to learn how to do it. I have had a book here for several years but never pursued it. I am going to to be taking lessons. Any comments?Hugsnne

Guest guest

Sharon I don't know. But I bet Akiba will :-)

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlBreastCancerStories.comhttp://www.breastcancerstories.com/content/view/433/161/Angel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.comCheck out my other ornaments atwww.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlLots of info and gifts at:www.cancerclub.com

Question

Has anyone used Reiki along with their other meds? There is a woman in the breast cancer group that is a Reiki Master. One of the ladies said she would love to learn how to do it. I have had a book here for several years but never pursued it. I am going to to be taking lessons. Any comments?Hugsnne

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.407 / Virus Database: 268.12.9/457 - Release Date: 9/26/2006

Guest guest

Sharon I don't know. But I bet Akiba will :-)

Hugs

nne

Question

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.407 / Virus Database: 268.12.9/457 - Release Date: 9/26/2006

Guest guest

Try this web page for answers and maybe training info

http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/WhatIsReiki.html----- Original Message -----Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:17 pmSubject: Re: QuestionTo: MSersLife > Is that the same as Healing Touch?> > Sharon> > Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same > time.. > > Question> > > > > > Has anyone used Reiki along with their other meds? There is a > woman in > the breast cancer group that is a Reiki Master. One of the > ladies said > she would love to learn how to do it. I have had a book here for > several years but never pursued it. I am going to to be taking > lessons. > Any comments?> Hugs> nne> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-> family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% > arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}> #ygrp-text{> font-family:Georgia;> }> #ygrp-text p{> margin:0 0 1em 0;> }> #ygrp-tpmsgs{> font-family:Arial;> clear:both;> }> #ygrp-vitnav{> padding-top:10px;> font-family:Verdana;> font-size:77%;> margin:0;> }> #ygrp-vitnav a{> padding:0 1px;> }> #ygrp-actbar{> clear:both;> margin:25px 0;> white-space:nowrap;> color:#666;> text-align:right;> }> #ygrp-actbar .left{> float:left;> white-space:nowrap;> }> .bld{font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-grft{> font-family:Verdana;> font-size:77%;> padding:15px 0;> }> #ygrp-ft{> font-family:verdana;> font-size:77%;> border-top:1px solid #666;> padding:5px 0;> }> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{> padding-bottom:10px;> }> > #ygrp-vital{> background-color:#e0ecee;> margin-bottom:20px;> padding:2px 0 8px 8px;> }> #ygrp-vital #vithd{> font-size:77%;> font-family:Verdana;> font-weight:bold;> color:#333;> text-transform:uppercase;> }> #ygrp-vital ul{> padding:0;> margin:2px 0;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li{> list-style-type:none;> clear:both;> border:1px solid #e0ecee;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{> font-weight:bold;> color:#ff7900;> float:right;> width:2em;> text-align:right;> padding-right:.5em;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{> font-weight:bold;> }> #ygrp-vital a {> text-decoration:none;> }> > #ygrp-vital a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;> }> > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{> color:#999;> font-size:77%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{> padding:6px 13px;> background-color:#e0ecee;> margin-bottom:20px;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{> padding:0 0 0 8px;> margin:0;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{> list-style-type:square;> padding:6px 0;> font-size:77%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{> text-decoration:none;> font-size:130%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {> background-color:#eee;> margin-bottom:20px;> padding:0 8px;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{> padding:8px 0;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{> font-family:Arial;> font-weight:bold;> color:#628c2a;> font-size:100%;> line-height:122%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{> text-decoration:none;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{> margin:0;> }> o {font-size:0;}> .MsoNormal {> margin:0 0 0 0;> }> #ygrp-text tt{> font-size:120%;> }> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}> .replbq {margin:4;}> -->> > > > > > > > May you always find

HAPPINESS and BUTTERFLIES

Lynn

Guest guest

Try this web page for answers and maybe training info

http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/WhatIsReiki.html----- Original Message -----Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:17 pmSubject: Re: QuestionTo: MSersLife > Is that the same as Healing Touch?> > Sharon> > Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same > time.. > > Question> > > > > > Has anyone used Reiki along with their other meds? There is a > woman in > the breast cancer group that is a Reiki Master. One of the > ladies said > she would love to learn how to do it. I have had a book here for > several years but never pursued it. I am going to to be taking > lessons. > Any comments?> Hugs> nne> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-> family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% > arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}> #ygrp-text{> font-family:Georgia;> }> #ygrp-text p{> margin:0 0 1em 0;> }> #ygrp-tpmsgs{> font-family:Arial;> clear:both;> }> #ygrp-vitnav{> padding-top:10px;> font-family:Verdana;> font-size:77%;> margin:0;> }> #ygrp-vitnav a{> padding:0 1px;> }> #ygrp-actbar{> clear:both;> margin:25px 0;> white-space:nowrap;> color:#666;> text-align:right;> }> #ygrp-actbar .left{> float:left;> white-space:nowrap;> }> .bld{font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-grft{> font-family:Verdana;> font-size:77%;> padding:15px 0;> }> #ygrp-ft{> font-family:verdana;> font-size:77%;> border-top:1px solid #666;> padding:5px 0;> }> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{> padding-bottom:10px;> }> > #ygrp-vital{> background-color:#e0ecee;> margin-bottom:20px;> padding:2px 0 8px 8px;> }> #ygrp-vital #vithd{> font-size:77%;> font-family:Verdana;> font-weight:bold;> color:#333;> text-transform:uppercase;> }> #ygrp-vital ul{> padding:0;> margin:2px 0;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li{> list-style-type:none;> clear:both;> border:1px solid #e0ecee;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{> font-weight:bold;> color:#ff7900;> float:right;> width:2em;> text-align:right;> padding-right:.5em;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{> font-weight:bold;> }> #ygrp-vital a {> text-decoration:none;> }> > #ygrp-vital a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;> }> > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{> color:#999;> font-size:77%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{> padding:6px 13px;> background-color:#e0ecee;> margin-bottom:20px;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{> padding:0 0 0 8px;> margin:0;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{> list-style-type:square;> padding:6px 0;> font-size:77%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{> text-decoration:none;> font-size:130%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {> background-color:#eee;> margin-bottom:20px;> padding:0 8px;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{> padding:8px 0;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{> font-family:Arial;> font-weight:bold;> color:#628c2a;> font-size:100%;> line-height:122%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{> text-decoration:none;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{> margin:0;> }> o {font-size:0;}> .MsoNormal {> margin:0 0 0 0;> }> #ygrp-text tt{> font-size:120%;> }> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}> .replbq {margin:4;}> -->> > > > > > > > May you always find

HAPPINESS and BUTTERFLIES

Lynn

Guest guest

This is a great site. Thanks so much.

Hugs

nne

Question> > > > > > Has anyone used Reiki along with their other meds? There is a > woman in > the breast cancer group that is a Reiki Master. One of the > ladies said > she would love to learn how to do it. I have had a book here for > several years but never pursued it. I am going to to be taking > lessons. > Any cmments?> Hugs> nne> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-> family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% > arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}> #ygrp-text{> font-family:Georgia;> }> #ygrp-text p{> margin:0 0 1em 0;> }> #ygrp-tpmsgs{> font-family:Arial;> clear:both;> }> #ygrp-vitnav{> pading-top:10px;> font-family:Verdana;> font-size:77%;> margin:0;> }> #ygrp-vitnav a{> padding:0 1px;> }> #ygrp-actbar{> clear:both;> margin:25px 0;> white-space:nowrap;> color:#666;> text-align:right;> }> #ygrp-actbar .left{> float:left;> white-space:nowrap;> }> .bld{font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-grft{> font-family:Verdana;> font-size:77%;> padding:15px 0;> }> #ygrp-ft{> font-family:verdana;> font-size:77%;> border-top:1px solid #666;> padding:5px 0;> }> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{> padding-bottom:10px;> }> > #ygrp-vital{> background-color:#e0ecee;> margin-bottom:20px;> padding:2px 0 8px 8px;> }> #ygrp-vital #vithd{> font-size:77%;> font-family:Verdana;> font-weight:bold;> color:#333;> text-transform:uppercase;> }> #ygrp-vital ul{> padding:0;> margin:2px 0;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li{> list-style-type:none;> clear:both;> border:1px solid #e0ecee;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{> font-weight:bold;> color:#ff7900;> float:right;> width:2em;> text-align:right;> padding-right:.5em;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{> font-weight:bold;> }> #ygrp-vital a {> text-decoration:none;> }> > #ygrp-vital a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;> }> > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{> color:#999;> font-size:77%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{> padding:6px 13px;> background-color:#e0ecee;> margin-bottom:20px;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{> padding:0 0 0 8px;> margin:0;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{> list-style-type:square;> padding:6px 0;> font-size:77%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{> text-decoration:none;> font-size:130%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor #nc {> background-color:#eee;> margin-bottom:20px;> padding:0 8px;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{> padding:8px 0;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{> font-family:Arial;> font-weight:bold;> color:#628c2a;> font-size:100%;> line-height:122%;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{> text-decoration:none;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;> }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{> margin:0;> }> o {font-size:0;}> .MsoNormal {> margin:0 0 0 0;> }> #ygrp-text tt{> font-size:120%;> }> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4x;}> .replbq {margin:4;}> -->> > > > > > > > May you always find HAPPINESS and BUTTERFLIES Lynn

Guest guest

It is not the same, no. Healing Touch is much easier but just as effective. What Rob and I do is our own healing modality, not (yet) taught elsewhere. That, in part, is what our Sedona seminar is about.

Reiki is very structured, with the practitioner going through several "attunements" to get certified. Healing Touch does not require that, just learning the method. Reiki also can cost thousands of $$ to attain "mastery", whereas Healing Touch can be learned in an afternoon.

To be quite honest, Reiki *Should* not cost what it does, and to me is the "Reiki Ripoff". In my opinion Healing comes from The Divine and techniques should be free or low cost. But that's just me. Many people derive benefit from both methods, and if spending thousands makes you think you're a better healer, then so be it. I'll pass (Yes, I am a Reiki "master" but I did not spend $$ for it, I was given it, long story...)

Peace and Blessings

~*~ Akiba ~*~

Pragmatic Visionary

& Eternal Optimist!

http://yodamamma.blogspot.com/

http://www.solay-twinflames.com

-- Re: Question

Is that the same as Healing Touch?SharonRight now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.. QuestionHas anyone used Reiki along with their other meds? There is a woman in the breast cancer group that is a Reiki Master. One of the ladies said she would love to learn how to do it. I have had a book here for several years but never pursued it. I am going to to be taking lessons. Any comments?Hugsnne <!--#ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}#ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}#ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}#ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#ygrp-text{font-family:Georgia;}#ygrp-text p{margin:0 0 1em 0;}#ygrp-tpmsgs{font-family:Arial;clear:both;}#ygrp-vitnav{padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}#ygrp-vitnav a{padding:0 1px;}#ygrp-actbar{clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}#ygrp-actbar .left{float:left;white-space:nowrap;}.bld{font-weight:bold;}#ygrp-grft{font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}#ygrp-ft{font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;padding:5px 0;}#ygrp-mlmsg #logo{padding-bottom:10px;}#ygrp-vital{background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}#ygrp-vital #vithd{font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}#ygrp-vital ul{padding:0;margin:2px 0;}#ygrp-vital ul li{list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;}#ygrp-vital ul li .ct{font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}#ygrp-vital ul li .cat{font-weight:bold;}#ygrp-vital a {text-decoration:none;}#ygrp-vital a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}#ygrp-sponsor #hd{color:#999;font-size:77%;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov{padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov li{list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}#ygrp-sponsor #nc {background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad{padding:8px 0;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad a{text-decoration:none;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad p{margin:0;}o {font-size:0;}.MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#ygrp-text tt{font-size:120%;}blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}.replbq {margin:4;}-->

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.9/457 - Release Date: 9/26/2006

Guest guest

I have a book here called Hands of Light A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field. Any thoughts on this book if you have read it? I would love to learn Healing Touch also but living in this small community of 1500 and some towns even less this type of thing is not offered. Any suggestions for books to learn Healing Touch?

Sorry to be such a pest but I am excited about this.

Hugs

nne

Question<>Has anyone used Reiki along with their other meds? There is a woman in the breast cancer group that is a Reiki Master. One of the ladies said she would love to learn how to do it. I have had a book here for several years but never pursued it. I am going to to be taking lessons. Any comments?Hugsnne <!--#ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}#ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}#ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}#ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#ygrp-text{font-family:Georgia;}#ygrp-text p{margin:0 0 1em 0;}#ygrp-tpmsgs{font-famil:wbr>Arial;clear:both;}#ygrp-vitnav{padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}#ygrp-vitnav a{padding:0 1px;}#ygrp-actbar{clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}#ygrp-actbar .left{float:left;white-space:nowrap;}.bld{font-weight:bold;}#ygrp-grft{font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}#ygrp-ft{font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;padding:5px 0;}#ygrp-mlmsg #logo{padding-bottom:10px;}#ygrp-vital{background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}#ygrp-vital #vithd{font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}#ygrp-vital ul{padding:0;margin:2px 0;}#ygrp-vital ul li{none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;}#ygrp-vital ul li .ct{font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}#ygrp-vital ul li .cat{font-weight:bold;}#ygrp-vital a {text-decoration:none;}#ygrp-vital a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}#ygrp-sponsor #hd{color:#999;font-size:77%;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov{padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov li{list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}#ygrp-sponsor #nc {background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad{padding:8px 0;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad a{text-decoration:none;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad p{margin:0;}o {font-size:0;}.MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#ygrp-text tt{font-size:120%;}blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}.replbq {margin:4;}-->

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.9/457 - Release Date: 9/26/2006

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.407 / Virus Database: 268.12.9/458 - Release Date: 9/27/2006

Guest guest

I have a book here called Hands of Light A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field. Any thoughts on this book if you have read it? I would love to learn Healing Touch also but living in this small community of 1500 and some towns even less this type of thing is not offered. Any suggestions for books to learn Healing Touch?

Hugs

nne

Question<>Has anyone used Reiki along with their other meds? There is a woman in the breast cancer group that is a Reiki Master. One of the ladies said she would love to learn how to do it. I have had a book here for several years but never pursued it. I am going to to be taking lessons. Any comments?Hugsnne <!--#ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}#ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}#ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}#ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#ygrp-text{font-family:Georgia;}#ygrp-text p{margin:0 0 1em 0;}#ygrp-tpmsgs{font-famil:wbr>Arial;clear:both;}#ygrp-vitnav{padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}#ygrp-vitnav a{padding:0 1px;}#ygrp-actbar{clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}#ygrp-actbar .left{float:left;white-space:nowrap;}.bld{font-weight:bold;}#ygrp-grft{font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}#ygrp-ft{font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;padding:5px 0;}#ygrp-mlmsg #logo{padding-bottom:10px;}#ygrp-vital{background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}#ygrp-vital #vithd{font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}#ygrp-vital ul{padding:0;margin:2px 0;}#ygrp-vital ul li{none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;}#ygrp-vital ul li .ct{font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}#ygrp-vital ul li .cat{font-weight:bold;}#ygrp-vital a {text-decoration:none;}#ygrp-vital a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}#ygrp-sponsor #hd{color:#999;font-size:77%;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov{padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov li{list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}#ygrp-sponsor #nc {background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad{padding:8px 0;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad a{text-decoration:none;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad p{margin:0;}o {font-size:0;}.MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#ygrp-text tt{font-size:120%;}blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}.replbq {margin:4;}-->

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.407 / Virus Database: 268.12.9/458 - Release Date: 9/27/2006

Guest guest

The Brennan book? Absolutely the "bible" of hands-on healing. Read it, follow it, do it!!! She is awesome and her book a gem.

Peace and Blessings

~*~ Akiba ~*~

Pragmatic Visionary

& Eternal Optimist!

http://yodamamma.blogspot.com/

http://www.solay-twinflames.com

-- Re: Question

Hugs

nne

Guest guest

Thanks so much!! I will also tell my friend.

Hugs

nne

Question & ;>Has anyone used Reiki along with their other meds? There is a woman in the breast cancer group that is a Reiki Master. One of the ladies said she would love to learn how to do it. I have had a book here for several years but never pursued it. I am going to to be taking lessons. Any comments?Hugsnne <!--#ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}#ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}#ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}#ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}#ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}#ygrp-text{font-family:Georgia;}#ygrp-text p{margin:0 0 1em 0;}#ygrp-tpmsgs{font-fml:wbr>Arial;clear:both;}#ygrp-vitnav{padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}#ygrp-vitnav a{padding:0 1px;}#ygrp-actbar{clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}#ygrp-actbar .left{float:left;white-space:nowrap;}.bld{font-weight:bold;}#ygrp-grft{font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}#ygrp-ft{font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;padding:5px 0;}#ygrp-mlmsg #logo{padding-bottom:10px;}#ygrp-vital{background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}#ygrp-vital #vithd{font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}#ygrp-vital ul{padding:0;margin:2px 0;}#ygrp-vital ul l{none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;}#ygrp-vital ul li .ct{font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}#ygrp-vital ul li .cat{font-weight:bold;}#ygrp-vital a {text-decoration:none;}#ygrp-vital a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}#ygrp-sponsor #hd{color:#999;font-size:77%;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov{padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov li{list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}#ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}#ygrp-sponsor #nc {background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad{padding:8px 0;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{Arial;bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad a{text-decoration:none;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}#ygrp-sponsor .ad p{margin:0;}o {font-size:0;}.MsoNormal {margin:0 0 0 0;}#ygrp-text tt{font-size:120%;}blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}.replbq {margin:4;}-->

Guest guest

I recently went to my local MS meeting and one of the women

there is taking a new supplement that she swears is helping alleviate

her symptoms. Has anyone heard about the effectiveness of Xango

(Mangosteen) juice? I looked it up & by no means are they saying

it's a cure just to help with symptoms. I just wondered if anyone had

tried it.

E.

Colorado

Guest guest

In my experience, this is most likely part of steroid treatment, but it can be both!

Love your way, n

question

Chuck got his steroid treatment yesteday. Each time after a treatment his voice changes. Gets a lot higher. Well this morning hes almost hoarse. Is this part of MS?

Hugs

nne

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG.Version: 7.5.427 / Virus Database: 268.13.22/512 - Release Date: 11/1/2006 2:40 PM

Guest guest

Thanks n. We kind of figured it was the steroids cause it happen most of the time right after the treatment.

Hugs

nne

question

Chuck got his steroid treatment yesteday. Each time after a treatment his voice changes. Gets a lot higher. Well this morning hes almost hoarse. Is this part of MS?

Hugs

nne

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG.Version: 7.5.427 / Virus Database: 268.13.22/512 - Release Date: 11/1/2006 2:40 PM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.409 / Virus Database: 268.13.21/509 - Release Date: 10/31/2006