RemedySpot.com

- lawsuits

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am afraid I agree with your brother-in-law. I do not practice medical malpractice law, but did have my fair share

of exposure to these kinds of cases while in law school and they are overwhelmingly difficult, emotional, and

draining cases. It really can put the victim through the pain of having to relive the trauma all over again and then

the stress of having to " prove " the pain that they know only too well. And all the while you are fighting an impersonal

insurance carrier which has the sole motive of NOT paying out any money to you and denying that you suffered any

harm at the hands of their doctor. I'm not saying pursuing a lawsuit isn't a good choice for some people, in fact, I

have not ruled-out the possibility for myself....but it definitely is not for the faint-of-heart. For many, it is a wiser

choice to close that chapter on their life and move-on....something that is nearly impossible while pursuing litigation.

Just my two-cents!

Gwen