RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

surgery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

(((((((((())))))))) Glad you are back home and that no cancer was found!!!

Feisty

Surgery

Well, I am home finally. I had to stay a little bit longer because of the drain. Luckily no cancer was found. He removed the left lobe and I have about a 3 1/2 inch cut. He said that the nodule was as expected but the lobe was larger and hard to remove. So, I ended up with the drain in place until about 6 this evening. He left the right lobe which is large but looks great. I am very tired and sore now and will explain better later.

"Dreams are the touchstones of our character." Henry Thoreau

Guest guest

Glad to you're home and the surgery is over. Especially glad you got to keep half the thyroid! Let us know how you are when you feel up to it. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Serena

Guest guest

Thanks. Today has been the first "better" day. Gosh, I didn't realize how hard this would be. But as each day goes by and I start to heal, I think of all the good that will become of this surgery. I am very optimistic. Thanks again for the well wishes.

Re: Surgery

> That's great news, ! So glad you made it thru ok and are > cancer-free. Hope you feel better soon.> -Marina > > > > Well, I am home finally. I had to stay a little bit longer because > of the drain. Luckily no cancer was found. He removed the left lobe > and I have about a 3 1/2 inch cut. He said that the nodule was as > expected but the lobe was larger and hard to remove. So, I ended up > with the drain in place until about 6 this evening. He left the > right lobe which is large but looks great. I am very tired and sore > now and will explain better later. > > "Dreams are the touchstones of our character." Henry Thoreau> > > >

Guest guest

Thanks. Today has been the first "better" day. Gosh, I didn't realize how hard this would be. But as each day goes by and I start to heal, I think of all the good that will become of this surgery. I am very optimistic. Thanks again for the well wishes.

> That's great news, ! So glad you made it thru ok and are > cancer-free. Hope you feel better soon.> -Marina > > > > Well, I am home finally. I had to stay a little bit longer because > of the drain. Luckily no cancer was found. He removed the left lobe > and I have about a 3 1/2 inch cut. He said that the nodule was as > expected but the lobe was larger and hard to remove. So, I ended up > with the drain in place until about 6 this evening. He left the > right lobe which is large but looks great. I am very tired and sore > now and will explain better later. > > "Dreams are the touchstones of our character." Henry Thoreau> > > >

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm sending healing thoughts your way, ... and a wee bit of silliness so that you smile a bit....

Topper ()

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:22:36 -0400 "melissa" writes:

Guest guest

I'm sending healing thoughts your way, ... and a wee bit of silliness so that you smile a bit....

Topper ()

Guest guest

Topper ()

Guest guest

Thanks so much Kim! My family is taking such great care of me. It is so hard

no to do things that I normally do but I want to heal properly. They are

keeping me in line. lol

" Dreams are the touchstones of our character. " Henry Thoreau

> ,

> Glad to hear you are home and had good news. Rest adn take care of

> yourself. I'll be thinking of you.

> Kim

>

>

> > Well, I am home finally. I had to stay a little bit longer because

> of the drain. Luckily no cancer was found. He removed the left lobe

> and I have about a 3 1/2 inch cut. He said that the nodule was as

> expected but the lobe was larger and hard to remove. So, I ended up

> with the drain in place until about 6 this evening. He left the right

> lobe which is large but looks great. I am very tired and sore now and

> will explain better later.

> > " Dreams are the touchstones of our character. " Henry Thoreau

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

keeping me in line. lol

> ,

> Kim

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

keeping me in line. lol

> ,

> Kim

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

((((()))))) that is so good that you are recovering well and having the pain lessening!That could be so true about the antibiotic- some make you very sick that way!

Continued prayers and hugs

Feisty

> Sorry that I didn't send this sooner...had a crazy weekend.> > I am glad to here that you are doing well, and recovering.> > Hang in there!> > Sue> > > > > Well, I am home finally. I had to stay a little bit longer because > of the drain. Luckily no cancer was found. He removed the left lobe > and I have about a 3 1/2 inch cut. He said that the nodule was as > expected but the lobe was larger and hard to remove. So, I ended up > with the drain in place until about 6 this evening. He left the > right lobe which is large but looks great. I am very tired and sore > now and will explain better later. > > "Dreams are the touchstones of our character." Henry Thoreau> > > >

Guest guest

((((()))))) that is so good that you are recovering well and having the pain lessening!That could be so true about the antibiotic- some make you very sick that way!

Continued prayers and hugs

Feisty

> Sorry that I didn't send this sooner...had a crazy weekend.> > I am glad to here that you are doing well, and recovering.> > Hang in there!> > Sue> > > > > Well, I am home finally. I had to stay a little bit longer because > of the drain. Luckily no cancer was found. He removed the left lobe > and I have about a 3 1/2 inch cut. He said that the nodule was as > expected but the lobe was larger and hard to remove. So, I ended up > with the drain in place until about 6 this evening. He left the > right lobe which is large but looks great. I am very tired and sore > now and will explain better later. > > "Dreams are the touchstones of our character." Henry Thoreau> > > >

Guest guest

Hi Tigger,

I've had a few surgeries since being diagnosed with Fibro and Myofascial Pain Syndrome. As I remember I did not have an increase of symptoms, but I did have a problem with post op pain meds. Nothing seemed to help the pain. That may be because of my base line pain and I was running higher than what this doctor had experienced before. It all got worked out by going to my pain management doctor.

I did have a strange thing happen tho. When I was operated on my left shoulder for a tear my husband found a surgical staple just peircing the skin about10 inches from the incision. Most of the surgery was done on the front so this was very weird. The pain doc cut the thing out and said I should show it to the doctor who did the surgery! Very strange! I never did heal properly from that surgery.

Kathleen

Guest guest

Hi Tigger,

I've had a few surgeries since being diagnosed with Fibro and Myofascial Pain Syndrome. As I remember I did not have an increase of symptoms, but I did have a problem with post op pain meds. Nothing seemed to help the pain. That may be because of my base line pain and I was running higher than what this doctor had experienced before. It all got worked out by going to my pain management doctor.

I did have a strange thing happen tho. When I was operated on my left shoulder for a tear my husband found a surgical staple just peircing the skin about10 inches from the incision. Most of the surgery was done on the front so this was very weird. The pain doc cut the thing out and said I should show it to the doctor who did the surgery! Very strange! I never did heal properly from that surgery.

Kathleen

Guest guest

Ewwwww. A mystery staple. I hate even thinking about what could have been left inside me.

Tigger

Re: surgery

Hi Tigger,

Kathleen1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Ewwwww. A mystery staple. I hate even thinking about what could have been left inside me.

Tigger

Re: surgery

Hi Tigger,

Kathleen1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.