RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Explantation-PLEASE HELP ME

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am so glad you have decided to get your implants out instead of replaced. I Thank God I didn't get my redo that I had scheduled in March 06. Most PS will tell you that Redo's will fix the problems, truth is if the implants have made you sick, then you should not get replacement. I got my explant with Dr. Kolb, www.plastikos.com, may 06, I am thankful everyday that I am alive. I had mold, fungi and bacteria growing in my "safe" saline implants and the right one was leaking. There is no safe implant and for the sake of your health get them removed as soon as possible, the proper way. Good Luck and Welcome!!!!!!!!

Donna

Guest guest

Your mother sounds like mine. Listen to your mother!!!!!!!!

I do not know what kind of implants you have - silicone or saline - but it

really doesn't

matter. If you are having health problems, please don't replace your implants.

>

> Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on with anyone

because

nobody understands, but after reading some of what others are writing, I am

seeing that

we are all in the same boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same

time it is

comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.

>

> I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got something

called " Misty

Gold " ...something new on the market in 1991. They ended up getting recalled

because of

some manufacturer mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By

the time

I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was too

late...all the funds

had already been exhausted.

>

> One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is completely

broken and

has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one side of my bra to look normal. I

am guessing

that it has bacteria inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone,

but who

knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He came with

great

recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're all trying to make a buck at

any expense.

>

> I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten years ago

and have

not been to anyone since. Just in the past few years I have so many symptoms

related to

autoimmune stuff...you name it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed

with

now.

>

> I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want to be

mamed.

However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that my mother is right.

She's been

telling me to get them out forever. I have been hearing and reading about

explantation. I

need to know if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a

lot of these.

I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it here to keep costs down,

but am also

open to going somewhere else for a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please

let me

know. I'm pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I

have always

been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel like I am barely

surviving.

>

> Thanks,

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

>

Guest guest

Welcome ! You're definitely in the right place! You needn't feel maimed in the hands of a good surgeon. The doctor listed in our archives is Dr. Helen P/S 3001 Squalicum Pkwy Bellingham WA 98225 (360)676-0972 Contact Cat: Cattoline@... who was explanted by her. I don't know if Cat is still active - but that's a place to start. Regardless of who you see, the key words are "en bloc". That means removing the caosule with the implant still inside. It's extremely important that EVERYTHING comes out! Make sure your doctor commits to doing the job right! We have a wealth of infirmation in our archives . . .Check out the links at the bottom of this page. You can see pictures of women who have been explanted on shutterfly too! We've got a lot we can tell you about - - but I'm guessing you're already overloaded. Stick around! . . . Our wonderful ladies understand and want to see you get your life back! Hugs and prayers, Rogene Walter King <waltjenking@...> wrote: Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on with anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what others are writing, I am seeing that we

are all in the same boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it is comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out. I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got something called "Misty Gold"...something new on the market in 1991. They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was too late...all the funds had already been exhausted. One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He came with great

recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're all trying to make a buck at any expense. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you name it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now. I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever. I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else for a good doctor. If anyone can help

me, please let me know. I'm pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel like I am barely surviving. Thanks, Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Thanks so much Rogene...this means so much. I have written to Cat and will try to contact this doctor. I really appreciate this. Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote: Welcome ! You're definitely in the right place! You needn't feel maimed in the hands of a good surgeon. The doctor listed in our archives is Dr. Helen P/S

3001 Squalicum Pkwy Bellingham WA 98225 (360)676-0972 Contact Cat: Cattolineaol who was explanted by her. I don't know if Cat is still active - but that's a place to start. Regardless of who you see, the key words are "en bloc". That means removing the caosule with the implant still inside. It's extremely important that EVERYTHING comes out! Make sure your doctor commits to doing the job right! We have a wealth of infirmation in our archives . . .Check out the links at the bottom of this page. You can see pictures of women who have been explanted on shutterfly too! We've got a lot we can tell you about - - but I'm guessing you're already overloaded. Stick around! . . . Our wonderful ladies understand and want to see you get your life back! Hugs and prayers, Rogene Walter King <waltjenking > wrote: Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on with anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it is comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out. I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got something called "Misty Gold"...something new on the market in 1991. They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was too late...all the funds had already been exhausted. One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're all trying to make a buck at any expense. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you name it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now. I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that my mother

is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever. I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else for a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel like I am barely surviving. Thanks, Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

Guest guest

Rogene, I am very new to this group stuff and I'm reading discussions and I'm lost. Is there a place I can go to catch up on all of the stuff you have been talking about regarding implants? I don't really know how to use any of this stuff. Thanks! Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote: Welcome ! You're definitely in the right place! You needn't feel

maimed in the hands of a good surgeon. The doctor listed in our archives is Dr. Helen P/S 3001 Squalicum Pkwy Bellingham WA 98225 (360)676-0972 Contact Cat: Cattolineaol who was explanted by her. I don't know if Cat is still active - but that's a place to start. Regardless of who you see, the key words are "en bloc". That means removing the caosule with the implant still inside. It's extremely important that EVERYTHING comes out! Make sure your doctor commits to doing the job right! We have a wealth of infirmation in our archives . . .Check out the links at the bottom of this page. You can see pictures of women who have been explanted on shutterfly too! We've got a lot we can tell you about - - but I'm guessing you're already overloaded. Stick around! . . . Our wonderful

ladies understand and want to see you get your life back! Hugs and prayers, Rogene Walter King <waltjenking > wrote: Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on with anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it is comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out. I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got something called "Misty Gold"...something new on the market in 1991. They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke.

By the time I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was too late...all the funds had already been exhausted. One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're all trying to make a buck at any expense. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you name it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now. I was so set on

having my implants replaced because i didn't want to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever. I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else for a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel like I am barely surviving. Thanks, Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

, I am very happy that you found this site. I am very sorry

to hear you've been suffering for so long.

These loving women have literally saved my life. I had implants for

20 yrs. and was on my way to death, I'm sure. Because of all the

info I learned about, I sought help with my family doc, who referred

me to a plastic surgeon in my city, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. Lo

and behold I was explanted 3 months later, and have been on the road

to healing ever since.

Please keep in touch with us. You have found a place of safety and

alot of caring women.

Love & Blessings,

Sunny :)

--- In , Walter King <waltjenking@...>

wrote:

>

> Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on with

anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what

others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same

boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it is

>

> I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got

something called " Misty Gold " ...something new on the market in 1991.

They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer

mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time

I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was

too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.

>

> One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is

completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one

side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria

inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who

knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He

came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're all

trying to make a buck at any expense.

>

> I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten

years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few

years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you name

it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.

>

> I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want

to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that

my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever.

I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know

if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a

lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it

here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else for

a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm

pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I

have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel

like I am barely surviving.

>

> Thanks,

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

>

Guest guest

, I totally agree with this advice. I love my natural

breasts once again, and I can become a healthy Grandma for my four

joyous granchildren, once again! Please don't do it!

Love,

--- In , " Molly Bloom " <mollyb54@...>

wrote:

>

> ,

> Your mother sounds like mine. Listen to your mother!!!!!!!!

>

> I do not know what kind of implants you have - silicone or saline -

but it really doesn't

> matter. If you are having health problems, please don't replace

your implants.

>

>

> --- In , Walter King <waltjenking@>

wrote:

> >

> > Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on

with anyone because

> nobody understands, but after reading some of what others are

writing, I am seeing that

> we are all in the same boat...it's sad to see so many suffering,

yet at the same time it is

> comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.

> >

> > I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got

something called " Misty

> Gold " ...something new on the market in 1991. They ended up getting

recalled because of

> some manufacturer mislabeling or something. Then the company went

broke. By the time

> I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was

too late...all the funds

> had already been exhausted.

> >

> > One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is

completely broken and

> has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one side of my bra to

look normal. I am guessing

> that it has bacteria inside since only the outside is supposed to

be silicone, but who

> knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it.

He came with great

> recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're all trying to make

a buck at any expense.

> >

> > I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten

years ago and have

> not been to anyone since. Just in the past few years I have so

many symptoms related to

> autoimmune stuff...you name it, I have it. Who knows what I would

be diagnosed with

> now.

> >

> > I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't

want to be mamed.

> However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that my mother is

right. She's been

> telling me to get them out forever. I have been hearing and

reading about explantation. I

> need to know if there is a list of good doctors out there that have

performed a lot of these.

> I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it here to keep

costs down, but am also

> open to going somewhere else for a good doctor. If anyone can help

me, please let me

> know. I'm pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down

on life. I have always

> been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel like I am

barely surviving.

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call

rates.

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Sunny, Your email meant a lot. I'm so glad that you are on the road to recovery...I'm sure it's not an easy one, but it is sure nice to know that there is hope for me. How hard and expensive would it be for me to go to Canada to have my explantation? I am just in Washington State...close to Bellingham. Thanks very much! Sunny <wellnessnow@...> wrote: , I am very happy that you found this site. I am very

sorry to hear you've been suffering for so long.These loving women have literally saved my life. I had implants for 20 yrs. and was on my way to death, I'm sure. Because of all the info I learned about, I sought help with my family doc, who referred me to a plastic surgeon in my city, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. Lo and behold I was explanted 3 months later, and have been on the road to healing ever since.Please keep in touch with us. You have found a place of safety and alot of caring women.Love & Blessings,Sunny :)>> Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on with anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same boat...it's sad to

see so many suffering, yet at the same time it is comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.> > I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got something called "Misty Gold"...something new on the market in 1991. They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.> > One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're all trying to

make a buck at any expense.> > I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you name it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.> > I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever. I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else for a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I have always been

such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel like I am barely surviving.> > Thanks, > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.>

Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

Thanks Molly...I think I have determined that this is what I am going to do. It's just a matter of finding the right doctor to do the explantation. Thanks so much for your advice! It's important for me to hear this. Molly Bloom <mollyb54@...> wrote: ,Your mother sounds like mine. Listen to your mother!!!!!!!!I do not know what kind of implants you have - silicone or saline - but it really doesn't matter. If you are having

health problems, please don't replace your implants.>> Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on with anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it is comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.> > I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got something called "Misty Gold"...something new on the market in 1991. They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.>

> One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're all trying to make a buck at any expense.> > I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you name it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.> > I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever. I have

been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else for a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel like I am barely surviving.> > Thanks, > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.>

Guest guest

Well, coming to Canada is easy, I think you have to live here for a

certain period of time before your Health Care would kick in to cover

the surgery. Yes, I got my surgery covered...although there wasn't

the scientific proof required to prove my implants made me sick, when

I approached my family doc and p.s. they both asked the same

question " Would you like to have them taken out? " " Well, yeah, that

would be great!! " End of story. Surgery booked. Out they came.

It's odd...because when you get them in it's elective surgery, and

not covered. But when they come out, it should also be just your

choice and not be covered. Hmmmmm....they know they're making us

sick. They just can't admit it, or even they get in trouble. It's

sad.

Love,

> >

> > Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on

with

> anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what

> others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same

> boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it

is

> comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.

> >

> > I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got

> something called " Misty Gold " ...something new on the market in

> They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer

> mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time

> I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was

> too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.

> >

> > One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is

> completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one

> side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria

> inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who

> knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He

> came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're

all

> trying to make a buck at any expense.

> >

> > I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten

> years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few

> years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you

name

> it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.

> >

> > I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want

> to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that

> my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever.

> I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know

> if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a

> lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it

> here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else

for

> a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm

> pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I

> have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I

feel

> like I am barely surviving.

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call

rates.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful

email and get things done faster.

>

Guest guest

Welcome - I am soo sorry for the suffering you have endured. I hope

you really take comfort in the fact that by posting here, you have

already started your journey to recovery. Everyone will guide you

as you begin to research your options - take heart, there is hope

now :)

--- In , Walter King <waltjenking@...>

wrote:

>

> Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on

with anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of

what others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same

boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it is

>

> I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got

something called " Misty Gold " ...something new on the market in

1991. They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer

mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time

I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was

too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.

>

> One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is

completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one

side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria

inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who

knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it.

He came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're

all trying to make a buck at any expense.

>

> I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten

years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few

years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you name

it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.

>

> I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't

want to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking

that my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out

forever. I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I

need to know if there is a list of good doctors out there that have

performed a lot of these. I live in Washington State and would

prefer to do it here to keep costs down, but am also open to going

somewhere else for a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let

me know. I'm pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down

on life. I have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life

and now I feel like I am barely surviving.

>

> Thanks,

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call

rates.

>

Guest guest

Please get them out for good. You will discover it's one of the best

decisions you've ever made. Just barely surviving or existing is not

what *life *is all about. At 41 years old you are in what should be

some of the very best years of your life. On this list you can find out

who is trustworthy for you to go to to have your explantation, and you

will have whatever support you need from women who have all been through

what you're going through. You are the same age as my middle son! And

I say....listen to your mum!

~~

Guest guest

Thank you ...I appreciate your support and kind words... Crocker <dwcrn@...> wrote: ,Please get them out for good. You will discover it's one of the best decisions you've ever made. Just barely surviving or existing is not what *life *is all about. At 41 years old you are in what should be some of the very best years of your life. On this list you can find out who is trustworthy for you to go to to have your explantation, and you

will have whatever support you need from women who have all been through what you're going through. You are the same age as my middle son! And I say....listen to your mum!~~

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Guest guest

Donna, Thank you...this helps. It just gets tough to deal with. I'm 41 years old and I feel like I'm 81. I know I need them out, but can't seem to find too many people close to me, not to mention that I have no insurance. I did get info on one doctor from a nice lady on this list. If you happen to know of anyone close to Washington state, could you please let me know. Thanks again. BSBanshee1@... wrote: , I am so glad you have decided to get your implants out instead of replaced. I Thank God I didn't get my redo that I had scheduled in March 06. Most PS will tell you that Redo's will fix the problems, truth is if the implants have made you sick, then you should not get replacement. I got my explant with Dr. Kolb, www.plastikos.com, may 06, I am thankful everyday that I am alive. I had mold, fungi and bacteria growing in my "safe" saline implants and the right one was leaking. There is no safe implant and for the sake of your health get them removed as soon as possible, the proper way. Good Luck and Welcome!!!!!!!! Donna

Guest guest

Yeah, the problem is that I don't have insurance, so if I can't come up with a way to get these babies out, they will probably be the death of me. I guess that's the price I am going to pay for vanity. I don't mean to sound so down, but things are tough and sometimes I just want to give up on everything. I have always been a fighter...raised my daughter alone..she is now 22 and a wonderful daughter. I just don't have much fight left in me. Thanks for your help. JenSunny <wellnessnow@...> wrote: Well, coming to Canada is easy, I think you have to live here for a certain period of time before your Health Care would kick in to cover the surgery. Yes, I got my surgery covered...although there wasn't the scientific proof required to prove my implants made me sick, when I approached my family doc and p.s. they both asked the same question "Would you like to have them taken out?" "Well, yeah, that would be great!!" End of story. Surgery booked. Out they came. It's odd...because when you get them in it's elective surgery, and not covered. But when they come out, it should also be just your choice and not be covered. Hmmmmm....they know they're making us sick. They just can't admit it, or even they get in trouble. It's sad.Love,Sunny :)> >> > Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on with > anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what > others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same > boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it is > comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.> > > > I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got > something called "Misty Gold"...something new on the

market in 1991. > They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer > mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time > I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was > too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.> > > > One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is > completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one > side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria > inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who > knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He > came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're all > trying to make a buck at any expense.> > > > I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten > years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the

past few > years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you name > it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.> > > > I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want > to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that > my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever. > I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know > if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a > lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it > here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else for > a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm > pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I > have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel > like I am barely

surviving.> > > > Thanks, > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.>

Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Hi ,

You can go to the website itself (if you are getting individual messages in your email box) and read letters, but many times the subject headings do not really reflect the discussions taking place as we go off on tangents!

You may want to check out the files section on the website. I would probably start there, and read all of the files. Those have been saved because they had good information. /files/

You could also check out the links section. /links

Either way, you are in for alot of reading! We'll try to answer your questions as best as we can, so ask away. I know it is daunting--there is so much to learn. But you are on the right road. Getting explanted will be the first step, and finding the right plastic surgeon will be a primary goal right now. You may have to travel. So many of us did.

Patty

Re: Explantation-PLEASE HELP ME

Rogene,

I am very new to this group stuff and I'm reading discussions and I'm lost. Is there a place I can go to catch up on all of the stuff you have been talking about regarding implants? I don't really know how to use any of this stuff. Thanks!

Rogene S <saxony01 (DOT) com> wrote:

Welcome !

You're definitely in the right place!

You needn't feel maimed in the hands of a good surgeon.

The doctor listed in our archives is

Dr. Helen P/S 3001 Squalicum Pkwy Bellingham WA 98225 (360)676-0972 Contact Cat: Cattolineaol (DOT) com who was explanted by her.

I don't know if Cat is still active - but that's a place to start.

Regardless of who you see, the key words are "en bloc". That means removing the caosule with the implant still inside. It's extremely important that EVERYTHING comes out! Make sure your doctor commits to doing the job right!

We have a wealth of infirmation in our archives . . .Check out the links at the bottom of this page. You can see pictures of women who have been explanted on shutterfly too!

We've got a lot we can tell you about - - but I'm guessing you're already overloaded. Stick around! . . . Our wonderful ladies understand and want to see you get your life back!

Hugs and prayers,

Rogene

Walter King <waltjenking> wrote:

Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on with anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it is comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.

I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got something called "Misty Gold"...something new on the market in 1991. They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.

One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they' re all trying to make a buck at any expense.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you name it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.

I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever. I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else for a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel like I am barely surviving.

Thanks,

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Guest guest

Jen,

Don't let that discourage you, many of us have had to find a way to

pay for explant because even though I have insurance, my insurance

wouldn't cover the surgery because the reason for getting implants

wasn't cancer. I opened a 0% credit card because I had lost my job

and didn't have savings to burn on explant, but in order to get well

I did what I had to. I'm still paying off the credit card, but I'm

feeling a heck of alot better.

Sis

> > >

> > > Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on

> with

> > anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of

what

> > others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same

> > boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time

it

> is

> > comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.

> > >

> > > I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got

> > something called " Misty Gold " ...something new on the market in

> 1991.

> > They ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer

> > mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the

time

> > I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it

was

> > too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.

> > >

> > > One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is

> > completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff

one

> > side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has

bacteria

> > inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but

who

> > knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it.

He

> > came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they're

> all

> > trying to make a buck at any expense.

> > >

> > > I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about

ten

> > years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past

few

> > years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you

> name

> > it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.

> > >

> > > I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't

want

> > to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking

that

> > my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out

forever.

> > I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to

know

> > if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed

a

> > lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do

it

> > here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere

else

> for

> > a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm

> > pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life.

I

> > have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I

> feel

> > like I am barely surviving.

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ---------------------------------

> > > Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call

> rates.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful

> email and get things done faster.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call

rates.

>

Guest guest

I hope you find a doctor in Washington state. Often, if you are

going to have a lift with the explant, the insurance may not cover

the " lift " portion since it is purely cosmetic.

I found that my " out of pocket " expense for an explant and lift

performed in my doctors office as an " outpatient " was the same as

my " out of pocket " expense if he performed in his Hospital O.R.

Insurance companies seem to demand the doctors perform it in their

O.R., other wise they won't cover the explant portion. This jacks

the price up. It also increases the costs of the " lift " portion as

they have to cover the O.R. overhead.

I paid $4,800 for an explant and T-Lift which included follow up

appointments, etc. My insurance did not cover it.

It is worth comparing the costs between self pay and insurance

paid.

> ,

>

> I am so glad you have decided to get your implants out instead

of replaced. I Thank God I didn't get my redo that I had scheduled

in March 06. Most PS will tell you that Redo's will fix the

problems, truth is if the implants have made you sick, then you

should not get replacement. I got my explant with Dr. Kolb,

www.plastikos.com, may 06, I am thankful everyday that I am alive.

I had mold, fungi and bacteria growing in my " safe " saline implants

and the right one was leaking. There is no safe implant and for the

sake of your health get them removed as soon as possible, the proper

way. Good Luck and Welcome!!!!!!!!

>

> Donna

>

>

>

>

>

> Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

>

Guest guest

Jen,

We have had all kinds of women in all sorts of predicaments when it comes to needing to get the implants out. The number one complication/hurdle that women face is finding the money for explant. This is why I detest the approval of silicone gel implants and all other implants, not only because they are so risky to women and children's health, but also that they do not come with the appropriate warnings for women to be prepared for the huge medical costs that they will encounter down the road. I feel that all women who want to pursue implantation need to be held accountable to having at least $10,000 in a bank savings account that is not to be touched until she needs it for explant. Because it is almost certain that she is going to need it.

In any case, you are just not alone in this predicament. All of the women that I have known who needed explant have found a way to pay for it eventually. Many of them take on new loans, max out credit cards, dig into 401(k) and other retirement accounts, sell assets, borrow from friends and/or family, take out a home equity loan, breed animals, sell treasured things on EBAY, you name it, they have done it. It sometimes takes just a bit of creative financing. Your health is worth it. Your family needs you. You must find a way to get this done.

I know how it feels to want to give up. Been there and done that several times. But you can't give up. Have hope! That is why we are here! We have found that yes, there is life after breast implants! You can get them out, and your body will thank you for that. You can experience healing, slow and gradual recovery, that will allow you to live again. I am proof of that and I give you my testimony! I have recovered! It took alot of work but I have my life back even fuller than before I got implants. God has been faithful! You can have hope that this, too, can be your story.

Once you find your explanting plastic surgeon, work with them to get this paid for. Maybe they will have some financing options. But the first things you can work on is finding that PS and working out the monetary details through creative financing. Just take things one step at a time. You'll get there.

Patty

Re: Re: Explantation-PLEASE HELP ME

Yeah, the problem is that I don't have insurance, so if I can't come up with a way to get these babies out, they will probably be the death of me. I guess that's the price I am going to pay for vanity. I don't mean to sound so down, but things are tough and sometimes I just want to give up on everything. I have always been a fighter...raised my daughter alone..she is now 22 and a wonderful daughter. I just don't have much fight left in me. Thanks for your help.

JenSunny <wellnessnow@ hotmail.com> wrote:

Well, coming to Canada is easy, I think you have to live here for a certain period of time before your Health Care would kick in to cover the surgery. Yes, I got my surgery covered...although there wasn't the scientific proof required to prove my implants made me sick, when I approached my family doc and p.s. they both asked the same question "Would you like to have them taken out?" "Well, yeah, that would be great!!" End of story. Surgery booked. Out they came. It's odd...because when you get them in it's elective surgery, and not covered. But when they come out, it should also be just your choice and not be covered. Hmmmmm....they know they're making us sick. They just can't admit it, or even they get in trouble. It's sad.Love,Sunny :)> >> > Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on with > anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what > others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same > boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it is > comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.> > > > I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got > something called "Misty Gold"...something new on the market in 1991. > They

ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer > mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time > I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was > too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.> > > > One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is > completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one > side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria > inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who > knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He > came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they' re all > trying to make a buck at any expense.> > > > I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten > years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few > years I have so many

symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you name > it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.> > > > I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want > to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that > my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever. > I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know > if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a > lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it > here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else for > a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm > pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I > have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I feel > like I am barely surviving.> > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.> >> > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.>

Guest guest

To Patty, Sunny and Lynda, I'm not too sure if I'm posting so you can all see this or not...I'm not really sure how this discussion works...it seems like there are so many conversations going on. I just wanted to say thank you for your kind words. Good luck to you. Lynda <coss@...> wrote: Yep, me too, responded before I read Patty's post. I am all too ready to get on with the positive stuff.LyndaAt

02:25 PM 12/2/2006, you wrote:>Jen,>We have had all kinds of women in all sorts of predicaments when it >comes to needing to get the implants out. The number one >complication/hurdle that women face is finding the money for >explant. This is why I detest the approval of silicone gel implants >and all other implants, not only because they are so risky to women >and children's health, but also that they do not come with the >appropriate warnings for women to be prepared for the huge medical >costs that they will encounter down the road. I feel that all women >who want to pursue implantation need to be held accountable to >having at least $10,000 in a bank savings account that is not to be >touched until she needs it for explant. Because it is almost >certain that she is going to need it.>>In any case, you are just not alone in this predicament. All of the

>women that I have known who needed explant have found a way to pay >for it eventually. Many of them take on new loans, max out credit >cards, dig into 401(k) and other retirement accounts, sell assets, >borrow from friends and/or family, take out a home equity loan, >breed animals, sell treasured things on EBAY, you name it, they have >done it. It sometimes takes just a bit of creative >financing. Your health is worth it. Your family needs you. You >must find a way to get this done.>>I know how it feels to want to give up. Been there and done that >several times. But you can't give up. Have hope! That is why we >are here! We have found that yes, there is life after breast >implants! You can get them out, and your body will thank you for >that. You can experience healing, slow and gradual recovery, that >will allow you to live again. I am proof of that and I give you my

>testimony! I have recovered! It took alot of work but I have my >life back even fuller than before I got implants. God has been >faithful! You can have hope that this, too, can be your story.>>Once you find your explanting plastic surgeon, work with them to get >this paid for. Maybe they will have some financing options. But the >first things you can work on is finding that PS and working out the >monetary details through creative financing. Just take things one >step at a time. You'll get there.>Patty>> Re: Re: Explantation-PLEASE HELP ME>>Yeah, the problem

is that I don't have insurance, so if I can't come >up with a way to get these babies out, they will probably be the >death of me. I guess that's the price I am going to pay for >vanity. I don't mean to sound so down, but things are tough and >sometimes I just want to give up on everything. I have always been >a fighter...raised my daughter alone..she is now 22 and a wonderful >daughter. I just don't have much fight left in me. Thanks for your help.>>Jen>>Sunny <wellnessnow@ hotmail.com> wrote:>Well, coming to Canada is easy, I think you have to live here for a>certain period of time before your Health Care would kick in to cover>the surgery. Yes, I got my surgery covered...although there wasn't>the scientific proof required to prove my implants made me sick, when>I approached my family doc and p.s. they both asked the same>question "Would you like to have

them taken out?" "Well, yeah, that>would be great!!" End of story. Surgery booked. Out they came.>It's odd...because when you get them in it's elective surgery, and>not covered. But when they come out, it should also be just your>choice and not be covered. Hmmmmm....they know they're making us>sick. They just can't admit it, or even they get in trouble. It's>sad.>>Love,>>Sunny :)>>> > >> > > Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on>with> > anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what> > others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same> > boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it>is> > comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.> > >> > > I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got> > something called "Misty Gold"...something new on the market in>1991.> > Th ey ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer> > mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time> > I applied to

get some money they were giving back to people it was> > too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.> > >> > > One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is> > completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one> > side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria> > inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who> > knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He> > came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they' re>all> > trying to make a buck at any expense.> > >> > > I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten> > years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few> > years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you>name> > it, I have it. Who knows

what I would be diagnosed with now.> > >> > > I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want> > to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that> > my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever.> > I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know> > if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a> > lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it> > here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else>for> > a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm> > pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I> > have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I>feel> > like I am barely surviving.> > >> > > Thanks, > >

>> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call>rates.> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful>email and get things done faster.> >>>>>Cheap Talk? ><http://us.rd./mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd./evt=39663/*http://voice.>Check >out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.>>>>>Everyone is raving about

><http://us.rd./evt=45083/*http://advision.webevents./mailbeta>the >all-new beta.>

Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

You are doing fine with the posting and we are all seeing them. Sometimes it takes time for the posts to show up, so you may not see them exactly when you post them.

There are several threads of conversation going on at any one time. It's just like a room full of chattering women with conversations heard by all.

I am really sorry about what has happened with your post. Please don't let one person ruin it for you! She doesn't speak for any of us, just herself, so don't think that our group is like that as a rule. I was rather shocked myself at the implications of that post. That is just so out of character for this group. We have a most wonderful, loving and kind bunch of ladies who are very generous and compassionate toward each other. We've got women who have been here years and years and are giving of their time to help others in most gracious ways, while working to get better themselves. It's really very comforting. This is usually a safe haven for women to come and feel accepted and understood.

But it is also true that we are in different stages of our lives, and perhaps there are some feelings still simmering under the surface that haven't been properly dealt with. We've all felt like victims of the manufacturer's, I am sure, and sometimes improper feelings come out that aren't warranted. I am not making excuses for anyone, but maybe just trying to find a place of peace. Let's try to do that.

I hope you won't run off....we want to help, and will do what we can to help you get through this stage in your life. It's going to be hard to take the necessary steps to get your life back on track, but you have to make the effort. It's your only hope!

But if you decide you'd rather find help elsewhere, or do this on your own, I understand. There's no pressure here. I just wanted you to know that we do care, and not all of us take the stance that did. It was wrong, and I apologize that you had to go through that upset.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

God bless you, and I hope you are feeling blessed this holiday season.

Patty

Re: Re: Explantation- PLEASE HELP ME>>Yeah, the problem is that I don't have insurance, so if I can't come >up with a way to get these babies out, they will probably be the >death of me. I guess that's the price I am going to pay for >vanity. I don't mean to sound so down, but things are tough and >sometimes I just want to give up on everything. I have always been >a fighter...raised my daughter alone..she is now 22 and a wonderful >daughter. I just don't have much fight left in me. Thanks for your help.>>Jen>>Sunny <wellnessnow@ hotmail.com> wrote:>Well, coming to Canada is easy, I think you have to live here for a>certain period of time before your Health Care would kick in to cover>the surgery. Yes, I got my surgery covered...although there wasn't>the

scientific proof required to prove my implants made me sick, when>I approached my family doc and p.s. they both asked the same>question "Would you like to have them taken out?" "Well, yeah, that>would be great!!" End of story. Surgery booked. Out they came.>It's odd...because when you get them in it's elective surgery, and>not covered. But when they come out, it should also be just your>choice and not be covered. Hmmmmm....they know they're making us>sick. They just can't admit it, or even they get in trouble. It's>sad.>>Love,>>Sunny :)>>> > >> > > Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on>with> > anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what> > others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same> > boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it>is> > comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.> > >> > > I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got> > something called "Misty Gold"...something new on the market in>1991.> > Th ey ended up getting recalled

because of some manufacturer> > mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time> > I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was> > too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.> > >> > > One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is> > completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one> > side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria> > inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who> > knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He> > came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they' re>all> > trying to make a buck at any expense.> > >> > > I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten> > years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past

few> > years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you>name> > it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.> > >> > > I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want> > to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that> > my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever.> > I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know> > if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a> > lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it> > here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else>for> > a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm> > pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I> > have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and

now I>feel> > like I am barely surviving.> > >> > > Thanks, > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call>rates.> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful>email and get things done faster.> >>>>>Cheap Talk? ><http://us.rd. / mail_us/taglines /postman8/ *http://us. rd.. com/evt=39663/ *http://voice. >Check >out

Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.>>>>>Everyone is raving about ><http://us.rd. / evt=45083/ *http://advision .webevents. / mailbeta>the >all-new beta.>

Guest guest

Yep, me too, responded before I read Patty's post. I am all too

ready to get on with the positive stuff.

Lynda

At 02:25 PM 12/2/2006, you wrote:

>Jen,

>We have had all kinds of women in all sorts of predicaments when it

>comes to needing to get the implants out. The number one

>complication/hurdle that women face is finding the money for

>explant. This is why I detest the approval of silicone gel implants

>and all other implants, not only because they are so risky to women

>and children's health, but also that they do not come with the

>appropriate warnings for women to be prepared for the huge medical

>costs that they will encounter down the road. I feel that all women

>who want to pursue implantation need to be held accountable to

>having at least $10,000 in a bank savings account that is not to be

>touched until she needs it for explant. Because it is almost

>certain that she is going to need it.

>

>In any case, you are just not alone in this predicament. All of the

>women that I have known who needed explant have found a way to pay

>for it eventually. Many of them take on new loans, max out credit

>cards, dig into 401(k) and other retirement accounts, sell assets,

>borrow from friends and/or family, take out a home equity loan,

>breed animals, sell treasured things on EBAY, you name it, they have

>done it. It sometimes takes just a bit of creative

>financing. Your health is worth it. Your family needs you. You

>must find a way to get this done.

>

>I know how it feels to want to give up. Been there and done that

>several times. But you can't give up. Have hope! That is why we

>are here! We have found that yes, there is life after breast

>implants! You can get them out, and your body will thank you for

>that. You can experience healing, slow and gradual recovery, that

>will allow you to live again. I am proof of that and I give you my

>testimony! I have recovered! It took alot of work but I have my

>life back even fuller than before I got implants. God has been

>faithful! You can have hope that this, too, can be your story.

>

>Once you find your explanting plastic surgeon, work with them to get

>this paid for. Maybe they will have some financing options. But the

>first things you can work on is finding that PS and working out the

>monetary details through creative financing. Just take things one

>step at a time. You'll get there.

>Patty

>

> Re: Re: Explantation-PLEASE HELP ME

>

>Yeah, the problem is that I don't have insurance, so if I can't come

>up with a way to get these babies out, they will probably be the

>death of me. I guess that's the price I am going to pay for

>vanity. I don't mean to sound so down, but things are tough and

>sometimes I just want to give up on everything. I have always been

>a fighter...raised my daughter alone..she is now 22 and a wonderful

>daughter. I just don't have much fight left in me. Thanks for your help.

>

>Jen

>

>Sunny <wellnessnow@ hotmail.com> wrote:

>Well, coming to Canada is easy, I think you have to live here for a

>certain period of time before your Health Care would kick in to cover

>the surgery. Yes, I got my surgery covered...although there wasn't

>the scientific proof required to prove my implants made me sick, when

>I approached my family doc and p.s. they both asked the same

>question " Would you like to have them taken out? " " Well, yeah, that

>would be great!! " End of story. Surgery booked. Out they came.

>It's odd...because when you get them in it's elective surgery, and

>not covered. But when they come out, it should also be just your

>choice and not be covered. Hmmmmm....they know they're making us

>sick. They just can't admit it, or even they get in trouble. It's

>sad.

>

>Love,

>

>Sunny :)

>

>

> > >

> > > Until now, I haven't really discussed much of what is going on

>with

> > anyone because nobody understands, but after reading some of what

> > others are writing, I am seeing that we are all in the same

> > boat...it's sad to see so many suffering, yet at the same time it

>is

> > comforting to know that there is support if one reaches out.

> > >

> > > I have had implants for 15 years now. I am 41 years old. I got

> > something called " Misty Gold " ...something new on the market in

>1991.

> > Th ey ended up getting recalled because of some manufacturer

> > mislabeling or something. Then the company went broke. By the time

> > I applied to get some money they were giving back to people it was

> > too late...all the funds had already been exhausted.

> > >

> > > One of my implants has capsular contracture and the other is

> > completely broken and has leaked into my body...I have to stuff one

> > side of my bra to look normal. I am guessing that it has bacteria

> > inside since only the outside is supposed to be silicone, but who

> > knows. At this point I don't really trust the doctor who did it. He

> > came with great recommendations, but it doesn't matter...they' re

>all

> > trying to make a buck at any expense.

> > >

> > > I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue about ten

> > years ago and have not been to anyone since. Just in the past few

> > years I have so many symptoms related to autoimmune stuff...you

>name

> > it, I have it. Who knows what I would be diagnosed with now.

> > >

> > > I was so set on having my implants replaced because i didn't want

> > to be mamed. However my symptoms are so bad that I am thinking that

> > my mother is right. She's been telling me to get them out forever.

> > I have been hearing and reading about explantation. I need to know

> > if there is a list of good doctors out there that have performed a

> > lot of these. I live in Washington State and would prefer to do it

> > here to keep costs down, but am also open to going somewhere else

>for

> > a good doctor. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I'm

> > pretty desperate and have been very depressed and down on life. I

> > have always been such an upbeat, happy person in life and now I

>feel

> > like I am barely surviving.

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> > > Cheap Talk? Check out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call

>rates.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------ --------- --------- ---

> > Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful

>email and get things done faster.

> >

>

>

>

>Cheap Talk?

><http://us.rd./mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd./evt=3\

9663/*http://voice.>Check

>out Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.

>

>

>

>

>Everyone is raving about

><http://us.rd./evt=45083/*http://advision.webevents./mailbeta\

>the

>all-new beta.

>

Guest guest

Yes, these implants age you fast don't they. It is so awful I hate to hear about your sickness. I been there and done that and remembering when I had my implants makes me quiver. I was so sick I felt like I was going to die, bouncing off walls, brain fog and 30 or so symptoms total. I had a low-grade fever from Aug 05 til I had them removed May 06. It was the scariest ordeal ever in my life. I was broke, sick and had no way to get mine out of me. I went down stairs and looked my boyfriend in the eyes and said, I need $13,000.00, like right now. He had to take out a loan for me to get them removed, I had an emergency surgery with Dr. Kolb, 3 weeks later. I am so grateful for him for doing that and I will pray that you find a way for explant and hope maybe someone you know can take out the loan. If you are sick you need to get them out as soon as possible. I went down hill really fast I had mine for one year and 3 months total. I have to say I think it saved my life getting them out of me when I did, if I still had them I believe I would no longer be here. God Bless and Please find a way. Let's all pray that someone will have the heart to help you get them removed properly.

Donna

Guest guest

You are so welcome. I was wondering how long did you say you had your implants? Sorry I already forgot. Saline or silicone?

Donna

Guest guest

-

I went to a Dr. In Vegas, that is not to fart by plane for you I

think you can get flights for like a hundred bucks, he did a good

job just gotta remember to tell him you want both capsules removed

no matter what, I didn't know that at the time and he only removed

one because it had a capsular contracture. Bu this office was

proffesional. He didn't try to talk me into another set of implants

either, I just told him I don't care if you or anybody else believes

implants make you sick I know they do so I want them out period.E-

mail me if you want his name, his price was 3030.00, I borrowed from

a high school girl friend. Thank God for her.

Terri P

-- In , Walter King <waltjenking@...>

wrote:

>

> Donna,

>

> Thank you...this helps. It just gets tough to deal with. I'm

41 years old and I feel like I'm 81. I know I need them out, but

can't seem to find too many people close to me, not to mention that

I have no insurance. I did get info on one doctor from a nice lady

on this list. If you happen to know of anyone close to Washington

state, could you please let me know. Thanks again.

>

>

>

> BSBanshee1@... wrote:

> ,

>

> I am so glad you have decided to get your implants out instead

of replaced. I Thank God I didn't get my redo that I had scheduled

in March 06. Most PS will tell you that Redo's will fix the

problems, truth is if the implants have made you sick, then you

should not get replacement. I got my explant with Dr. Kolb,

www.plastikos.com, may 06, I am thankful everyday that I am alive.

I had mold, fungi and bacteria growing in my " safe " saline implants

and the right one was leaking. There is no safe implant and for the

sake of your health get them removed as soon as possible, the proper

way. Good Luck and Welcome!!!!!!!!

>

> Donna

>

>

>

>

>

> Everyone is raving about the all-new beta.

>