RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Pamela

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have certainly seen this with our son. However it is sad when its his wifes family. Even his wife. I told my son yesterday as much as I love him and we do. We will be back once some issues are resolved. Not sooner. That was the hardest thing to do but you can't interfere but I can't stand the way he is treated now. Re: [ ] Re: Pamela That's a nice story, Diane. Maybe that is one thing we can gain from this disease, a better understanding of those people made to be "outcasts" in our society. Just like hcv, it doesn't matter how he got aids, it's not his fault. We have all made mistakes in our life. I am reminded of the afflicted man in a biblical story. The disciples asked Jesus whether the man's affliction was because of his sins or because of the sins of his parents. Jesus became a little angry and said that he was afflicted neither for his nor for his parents sins, but to show the glory of God and at that Jesus cured the man. It is still a fitting story today, I don't recall if the man's affliction was blindness or lameness or what, but it could just as well have been hcv or hiv or any number of problems. -dz- diane214@... wrote: Thank you so much for your heartfelt feelings on this disease ....I have a little story to tell. After my sisters funeral we all went backto her home. One man that was a friend of my sister has aids.. He hasbeen on medication and is now undetectable...... He sat in a corner andeveryone there were scathing him and not coming near him...... I went tohim and asked what he wanted on his platter and fixed it for him..... Ialso hugged him and asked how he was coming along with treatment..... Hegot this thru blood transfusions and I thought to myself.... This isprobably how everyone feels towards me too.... They were saying behindhis back...."What's he doing here?" I said to them...("The same thingyou are doing here... Paying his respects") I think that this wastotally ignorant!!!! He wasn't drooling over the food or doing anythingto hurt anyone....... This is just the ignorance of our society.......My niece used to work at a very nice diner.... The 2nd week she workedthere she came home an told me almost every waitress that worked therewas on heroine.... On break they shot up in the bathroom or went out totheir cars.... After she told me this I looked at them closely and sureenough I could see in their eyes that they were high as a kite.... Thesepeople fix our plates and place our silverware on the tables.... Touchour rolls and don't wash their hands.. Now think about that one.... Wejust never know what is out there and who is doing what ever........ Atleast I had disposable plates, forks ad etc. at my sistersgathering...... At a diner you eat from everyone and I have seen somenasty silverware in public...... Just something to ponder....... you are a doll..... A Mama Lioness........ A Fluffy One at that........LOL..... Thanks for sharing your feelings......... We are all scared atthe future just as you are for your son....... Sending a ((((( HUGE HUGTO YOU )))))) Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

that is called tough love. We have had to do that with our daughter. One of the troubles with giving our kids tough love is that it is just as tough on Mom & Dad as it is on the child.

Terry

WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

I have certainly seen this with our son. However it is sad when its his wifes family.

Even his wife. I told my son yesterday as much as I love him and we do. We will

be back once some issues are resolved. Not sooner. That was the hardest thing

to do but you can't interfere but I can't stand the way he is treated now.

Re: [ ] Re: Pamela

That's a nice story, Diane. Maybe that is one thing we can gain from this disease, a better understanding of those people made to be "outcasts" in our society. Just like hcv, it doesn't matter how he got aids, it's not his fault. We have all made mistakes in our life. I am reminded of the afflicted man in a biblical story. The disciples asked Jesus whether the man's affliction was because of his sins or because of the sins of his parents. Jesus became a little angry and said that he was afflicted neither for his nor for his parents sins, but to show the glory of God and at that Jesus cured the man. It is still a fitting story today, I don't recall if the man's affliction was blindness or lameness or what, but it could just as well have been hcv or hiv or any number of problems. -dz- diane214@... wrote: Thank you so much for your heartfelt feelings on this disease ....I have a little story to tell. After my sisters funeral we all went backto her home. One man that was a friend of my sister has aids.. He hasbeen on medication and is now undetectable...... He sat in a corner andeveryone there were scathing him and not coming near him...... I went tohim and asked what he wanted on his platter and fixed it for him..... Ialso hugged him and asked how he was coming along with treatment..... Hegot this thru blood transfusions and I thought to myself.... This isprobably how everyone feels towards me too.... They were saying behindhis back...."What's he doing here?" I said to them...("The same thingyou are doing here... Paying his respects") I think that this wastotally ignorant!!!! He wasn't drooling over the food or doing anythingto hurt anyone....... This is just the ignorance of our society.......My niece used to work at a very nice diner.... The 2nd week she workedthere she came home an told me almost every waitress that worked therewas on heroine.... On break they shot up in the bathroom or went out totheir cars.... After she told me this I looked at them closely and sureenough I could see in their eyes that they were high as a kite.... Thesepeople fix our plates and place our silverware on the tables.... Touchour rolls and don't wash their hands.. Now think about that one.... Wejust never know what is out there and who is doing what ever........ Atleast I had disposable plates, forks ad etc. at my sistersgathering...... At a diner you eat from everyone and I have seen somenasty silverware in public...... Just something to ponder....... you are a doll..... A Mama Lioness........ A Fluffy One at that........LOL..... Thanks for sharing your feelings......... We are all scared atthe future just as you are for your son....... Sending a ((((( HUGE HUGTO YOU )))))) Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Oh Terry we are not tough loving Greg, we are rejecting the way he is treated by his inlaws they show him zero and less respect now. We have a very hard time with that. As sad as it sounds his wife has that certain edge in her voice now too IE when we got there Greg was cleaning and vacumming and such and she was fussing with her hair Something was said about something and she says Greg didn't I tell you to do that and he said I did take care of it. Edge in voice she starts up he says After all I have done yesterday and today I don't think you want to nag. Enter stage left inlaws. Her mom says Oh you have just a marvelous job she beams saying Yes I did.... Greg head down went outside and just stood there. Then later on sincethey are ready to make an offer on a house as his wife is demanding a house period. They wanted to show us the house The father in law had the audacity to say well I think this is the one and you get in the house. Then get rid of him. I don't think he saw me there. I said she may wish to keep him around considering he out earns her over two to one. He says she will get food stamps and support and with that she could probably do the house on her own. Well I said Greg did you know your father in law wants you gone and her in the house,. He said he has made that point quite clear yes he has.... See what I mean Happy easter to us. Sad part is our only two sons are married to their only two daughters. our oldest son ended up in the ER this weekend chest pain they took blood and he told them to test for the Hep while they were at it. He has a tattoo too same period of time same Tattoo shop. So he is thinking good time to test. That got brought up and the father in law said oh to see if you can ruin my other daughters life like that joker. Bill and I will not be back till issues are resolved and our son has things resolved so that we are not made to feel like this it was worse than awful. Things always had seemed fine and Greg was the good guy doing alright by all till the diagnosis now he is treated pretty shabby all in all. I think I saw in the last couple weekends many reasons why he is treating this with denial. Bill and I are furious he does not seem to have the self esteem right now to resolve this. He just shuffles off head down and yet we know we can't be guilty of interference but all in all he does deserve better treatment I think so anyway. Re: [ ] Re: Pamela That's a nice story, Diane. Maybe that is one thing we can gain from this disease, a better understanding of those people made to be "outcasts" in our society. Just like hcv, it doesn't matter how he got aids, it's not his fault. We have all made mistakes in our life. I am reminded of the afflicted man in a biblical story. The disciples asked Jesus whether the man's affliction was because of his sins or because of the sins of his parents. Jesus became a little angry and said that he was afflicted neither for his nor for his parents sins, but to show the glory of God and at that Jesus cured the man. It is still a fitting story today, I don't recall if the man's affliction was blindness or lameness or what, but it could just as well have been hcv or hiv or any number of problems. -dz- diane214@... wrote: Thank you so much for your heartfelt feelings on this disease ....I have a little story to tell. After my sisters funeral we all went backto her home. One man that was a friend of my sister has aids.. He hasbeen on medication and is now undetectable...... He sat in a corner andeveryone there were scathing him and not coming near him...... I went tohim and asked what he wanted on his platter and fixed it for him..... Ialso hugged him and asked how he was coming along with treatment..... Hegot this thru blood transfusions and I thought to myself.... This isprobably how everyone feels towards me too.... They were saying behindhis back...."What's he doing here?" I said to them...("The same thingyou are doing here... Paying his respects") I think that this wastotally ignorant!!!! He wasn't drooling over the food or doing anythingto hurt anyone....... This is just the ignorance of our society.......My niece used to work at a very nice diner.... The 2nd week she workedthere she came home an told me almost every waitress that worked therewas on heroine.... On break they shot up in the bathroom or went out totheir cars.... After she told me this I looked at them closely and sureenough I could see in their eyes that they were high as a kite.... Thesepeople fix our plates and place our silverware on the tables.... Touchour rolls and don't wash their hands.. Now think about that one.... Wejust never know what is out there and who is doing what ever........ Atleast I had disposable plates, forks ad etc. at my sistersgathering...... At a diner you eat from everyone and I have seen somenasty silverware in public...... Just something to ponder....... you are a doll..... A Mama Lioness........ A Fluffy One at that........LOL..... Thanks for sharing your feelings......... We are all scared atthe future just as you are for your son....... Sending a ((((( HUGE HUGTO YOU )))))) Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

That story just brings out the worst in me. I have

been so lucky to have a VERY supportive family and

in-laws. It has to make you want to tell your son to

come home where people love and care for him. My

husband would throw HIS family out of the house if

they treated me like that.

Sharon

--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

> Oh Terry we are not tough loving Greg, we are

> rejecting the way he is treated

> by his inlaws they show him zero and less respect

> now.

> We have a very hard time with that. As sad as it

> sounds his wife

> has that certain edge in her voice now too IE when

> we got there

> Greg was cleaning and vacumming and such and she was

> fussing with her hair

> Something was said about something and she says Greg

> didn't I tell you to do

> that and he said I did take care of it. Edge in

> voice she starts up he says

> After all I have done yesterday and today I don't

> think you want to nag.

> Enter stage left inlaws. Her mom says Oh you

> have just a marvelous

> job she beams saying Yes I did.... Greg head down

> went outside and just

> stood there. Then later on sincethey are ready to

> make an offer on a house

> as his wife is demanding a house period. They

> wanted to show us the house

> The father in law had the audacity to say well I

> think this is the one and you get in the house.

> Then get

> rid of him. I don't think he saw me there. I said

> she may wish to keep him around considering he out

> earns

> her over two to one. He says she will get food

> stamps and support and with

> that she could probably do the house on her own.

> Well I said Greg

> did you know your father in law wants you gone and

> her in the house,.

> He said he has made that point quite clear yes he

> has.... See what I mean

> Happy easter to us. Sad part is our only two sons

> are married to their only

> two daughters. our oldest son ended up in the

> ER this weekend chest pain

> they took blood and he told them to test for the Hep

> while they were at it. He

> has a tattoo too same period of time same Tattoo

> shop. So he is thinking good time to test.

> That got brought up and the father in law said oh

> to see if you can ruin my

> other daughters life like that joker. Bill and I

> will not be back till issues are

> resolved and our son has things resolved so that we

> are not made to feel

> like this it was worse than awful. Things always

> had seemed fine and Greg was the good

> guy doing alright by all till the diagnosis now he

> is treated pretty shabby all in all.

> I think I saw in the last couple weekends many

> reasons why he is treating this with

> denial. Bill and I are furious he does not seem to

> have the self esteem right now

> to resolve this. He just shuffles off head down and

> yet we know we can't be

> guilty of interference but all in all he does

> deserve better treatment I think so anyway.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yes and I know if I say word one they will say it was kidding around or something which if you were there it would not have seemed like it. Re: [ ] Re: Pamela That story just brings out the worst in me. I havebeen so lucky to have a VERY supportive family andin-laws. It has to make you want to tell your son tocome home where people love and care for him. Myhusband would throw HIS family out of the house ifthey treated me like that. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> Oh Terry we are not tough loving Greg, we are> rejecting the way he is treated> by his inlaws they show him zero and less respect> now.> We have a very hard time with that. As sad as it> sounds his wife> has that certain edge in her voice now too IE when> we got there> Greg was cleaning and vacumming and such and she was> fussing with her hair> Something was said about something and she says Greg> didn't I tell you to do> that and he said I did take care of it. Edge in> voice she starts up he says> After all I have done yesterday and today I don't> think you want to nag.> Enter stage left inlaws. Her mom says Oh you> have just a marvelous> job she beams saying Yes I did.... Greg head down> went outside and just> stood there. Then later on sincethey are ready to> make an offer on a house> as his wife is demanding a house period. They> wanted to show us the house> The father in law had the audacity to say well I> think this is the one and you get in the house. > Then get> rid of him. I don't think he saw me there. I said> she may wish to keep him around considering he out> earns> her over two to one. He says she will get food> stamps and support and with> that she could probably do the house on her own.> Well I said Greg> did you know your father in law wants you gone and> her in the house,.> He said he has made that point quite clear yes he> has.... See what I mean> Happy easter to us. Sad part is our only two sons> are married to their only> two daughters. our oldest son ended up in the> ER this weekend chest pain> they took blood and he told them to test for the Hep> while they were at it. He> has a tattoo too same period of time same Tattoo> shop. So he is thinking good time to test.> That got brought up and the father in law said oh> to see if you can ruin my> other daughters life like that joker. Bill and I> will not be back till issues are> resolved and our son has things resolved so that we> are not made to feel> like this it was worse than awful. Things always> had seemed fine and Greg was the good> guy doing alright by all till the diagnosis now he> is treated pretty shabby all in all.> I think I saw in the last couple weekends many> reasons why he is treating this with> denial. Bill and I are furious he does not seem to> have the self esteem right now> to resolve this. He just shuffles off head down and> yet we know we can't be> guilty of interference but all in all he does> deserve better treatment I think so anyway.> > > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

, It's always hard watching our kids when we can tell their spouse is treating our child like SH-T. We see our son's wife treating him that way & it hurts.

Terry

Yes and I know if I say word one they will say it was kidding around

or something which if you were there it would not have seemed like it.

That story just brings out the worst in me. I havebeen so lucky to have a VERY supportive family andin-laws. It has to make you want to tell your son tocome home where people love and care for him. Myhusband would throw HIS family out of the house ifthey treated me like that. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> Oh Terry we are not tough loving Greg, we are> rejecting the way he is treated> by his inlaws they show him zero and less respect> now.> We have a very hard time with that. As sad as it> sounds his wife> has that certain edge in her voice now too IE when> we got there> Greg was cleaning and vacumming and such and she was> fussing with her hair> Something was said about something and she says Greg> didn't I tell you to do> that and he said I did take care of it. Edge in> voice she starts up he says> After all I have done yesterday and today I don't> think you want to nag.> Enter stage left inlaws. Her mom says Oh you> have just a marvelous> job she beams saying Yes I did.... Greg head down> went outside and just> stood there. Then later on sincethey are ready to> make an offer on a house> as his wife is demanding a house period. They> wanted to show us the house> The father in law had the audacity to say well I> think this is the one and you get in the house. > Then get> rid of him. I don't think he saw me there. I said> she may wish to keep him around considering he out> earns> her over two to one. He says she will get food> stamps and support and with> that she could probably do the house on her own.> Well I said Greg> did you know your father in law wants you gone and> her in the house,.> He said he has made that point quite clear yes he> has.... See what I mean> Happy easter to us. Sad part is our only two sons> are married to their only> two daughters. our oldest son ended up in the> ER this weekend chest pain> they took blood and he told them to test for the Hep> while they were at it. He> has a tattoo too same period of time same Tattoo> shop. So he is thinking good time to test.> That got brought up and the father in law said oh> to see if you can ruin my> other daughters life like that joker. Bill and I> will not be back till issues are> resolved and our son has things resolved so that we> are not made to feel> like this it was worse than awful. Things always> had seemed fine and Greg was the good> guy doing alright by all till the diagnosis now he> is treated pretty shabby all in all.> I think I saw in the last couple weekends many> reasons why he is treating this with> denial. Bill and I are furious he does not seem to> have the self esteem right now> to resolve this. He just shuffles off head down and> yet we know we can't be> guilty of interference but all in all he does> deserve better treatment I think so anyway.> > > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

The thing is they were still on their honey moon till the diagnosis Now all of a sudden things are really not at all like they were. I hope things get straightened out I really do. Re: [ ] Re: Pamela That story just brings out the worst in me. I havebeen so lucky to have a VERY supportive family andin-laws. It has to make you want to tell your son tocome home where people love and care for him. Myhusband would throw HIS family out of the house ifthey treated me like that. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> Oh Terry we are not tough loving Greg, we are> rejecting the way he is treated> by his inlaws they show him zero and less respect> now.> We have a very hard time with that. As sad as it> sounds his wife> has that certain edge in her voice now too IE when> we got there> Greg was cleaning and vacumming and such and she was> fussing with her hair> Something was said about something and she says Greg> didn't I tell you to do> that and he said I did take care of it. Edge in> voice she starts up he says> After all I have done yesterday and today I don't> think you want to nag.> Enter stage left inlaws. Her mom says Oh you> have just a marvelous> job she beams saying Yes I did.... Greg head down> went outside and just> stood there. Then later on sincethey are ready to> make an offer on a house> as his wife is demanding a house period. They> wanted to show us the house> The father in law had the audacity to say well I> think this is the one and you get in the house. > Then get> rid of him. I don't think he saw me there. I said> she may wish to keep him around considering he out> earns> her over two to one. He says she will get food> stamps and support and with> that she could probably do the house on her own.> Well I said Greg> did you know your father in law wants you gone and> her in the house,.> He said he has made that point quite clear yes he> has.... See what I mean> Happy easter to us. Sad part is our only two sons> are married to their only> two daughters. our oldest son ended up in the> ER this weekend chest pain> they took blood and he told them to test for the Hep> while they were at it. He> has a tattoo too same period of time same Tattoo> shop. So he is thinking good time to test.> That got brought up and the father in law said oh> to see if you can ruin my> other daughters life like that joker. Bill and I> will not be back till issues are> resolved and our son has things resolved so that we> are not made to feel> like this it was worse than awful. Things always> had seemed fine and Greg was the good> guy doing alright by all till the diagnosis now he> is treated pretty shabby all in all.> I think I saw in the last couple weekends many> reasons why he is treating this with> denial. Bill and I are furious he does not seem to> have the self esteem right now> to resolve this. He just shuffles off head down and> yet we know we can't be> guilty of interference but all in all he does> deserve better treatment I think so anyway.> > > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

hang in there things will work out for the best.

Terry

The thing is they were still on their honey moon till the diagnosis

Now all of a sudden things are really not at all like they were.

I hope things get straightened out I really do.

That story just brings out the worst in me. I havebeen so lucky to have a VERY supportive family andin-laws. It has to make you want to tell your son tocome home where people love and care for him. Myhusband would throw HIS family out of the house ifthey treated me like that. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> Oh Terry we are not tough loving Greg, we are> rejecting the way he is treated> by his inlaws they show him zero and less respect> now.> We have a very hard time with that. As sad as it> sounds his wife> has that certain edge in her voice now too IE when> we got there> Greg was cleaning and vacumming and such and she was> fussing with her hair> Something was said about something and she says Greg> didn't I tell you to do> that and he said I did take care of it. Edge in> voice she starts up he says> After all I have done yesterday and today I don't> think you want to nag.> Enter stage left inlaws. Her mom says Oh you> have just a marvelous> job she beams saying Yes I did.... Greg head down> went outside and just> stood there. Then later on sincethey are ready to> make an offer on a house> as his wife is demanding a house period. They> wanted to show us the house> The father in law had the audacity to say well I> think this is the one and you get in the house. > Then get> rid of him. I don't think he saw me there. I said> she may wish to keep him around considering he out> earns> her over two to one. He says she will get food> stamps and support and with> that she could probably do the house on her own.> Well I said Greg> did you know your father in law wants you gone and> her in the house,.> He said he has made that point quite clear yes he> has.... See what I mean> Happy easter to us. Sad part is our only two sons> are married to their only> two daughters. our oldest son ended up in the> ER this weekend chest pain> they took blood and he told them to test for the Hep> while they were at it. He> has a tattoo too same period of time same Tattoo> shop. So he is thinking good time to test.> That got brought up and the father in law said oh> to see if you can ruin my> other daughters life like that joker. Bill and I> will not be back till issues are> resolved and our son has things resolved so that we> are not made to feel> like this it was worse than awful. Things always> had seemed fine and Greg was the good> guy doing alright by all till the diagnosis now he> is treated pretty shabby all in all.> I think I saw in the last couple weekends many> reasons why he is treating this with> denial. Bill and I are furious he does not seem to> have the self esteem right now> to resolve this. He just shuffles off head down and> yet we know we can't be> guilty of interference but all in all he does> deserve better treatment I think so anyway.> > > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Even if they were kidding, they have very poor taste

in jokes. Would they kid around about a family member

with cancer. It's just not funny is it?

Sharon

> Yes and I know if I say word one they will say it

> was kidding around

> or something which if you were there it would not

> have seemed like it.

>

>

Guest guest

That is tough. We like to know at least that the people closest to us support us. I learned something about stigma over the weekend, with all the religious oriented programs on for the Easter holiday. Stigma means "mark". So the stigma of our disease is that we are seen as "marked" people. The stigmata refers to the people who bear the marks of the crucifixion. I hope your son's in-laws can see past that and give him the support he needs. -dz-

I have certainly seen this with our son. However it is sad when its his wifes family.

Even his wife. I told my son yesterday as much as I love him and we do. We will

be back once some issues are resolved. Not sooner. That was the hardest thing

to do but you can't interfere but I can't stand the way he is treated now.

That's a nice story, Diane. Maybe that is one thing we can gain from this disease, a better understanding of those people made to be "outcasts" in our society. Just like hcv, it doesn't matter how he got aids, it's not his fault. We have all made mistakes in our life. I am reminded of the afflicted man in a biblical story. The disciples asked Jesus whether the man's affliction was because of his sins or because of the sins of his parents. Jesus became a little angry and said that he was afflicted neither for his nor for his parents sins, but to show the glory of God and at that Jesus cured the man. It is still a fitting story today, I don't recall if the man's affliction was blindness or lameness or what, but it could just as well have been hcv or hiv or any number of problems. -dz- diane214@... wrote: Thank you so much for your heartfelt feelings on this disease ....I have a little story to tell. After my sisters funeral we all went backto her home. One man that was a friend of my sister has aids.. He hasbeen on medication and is now undetectable...... He sat in a corner andeveryone there were scathing him and not coming near him...... I went tohim and asked what he wanted on his platter and fixed it for him..... Ialso hugged him and asked how he was coming along with treatment..... Hegot this thru transfusions and I thought to myself.... This isprobably how everyone feels towards me too.... They were saying behindhis back...."What's he doing here?" I said to them...("The same thingyou are doing here... Paying his respects") I think that this wastotally ignorant!!!! He wasn't drooling over the food or doing anythingto hurt anyone....... This is just the ignorance of our society.......My niece used to work at a very nice diner.... The 2nd week she workedthere she came home an told me almost every waitress that worked therewas on e.... On break they shot up in the bathroom or went out totheir cars.... After she told me this I looked at them closely and sureenough I could see in their eyes that they were high as a kite.... Thesepeople fix our plates and place our silverware on the tables.... Touchour rolls and don't wash their hands.. Now think about that one.... Wejust never know what is out there and who is doing what ever........ Atleast I had disposable plates, forks ad etc. at my sistersgathering...... At a diner you eat from everyone and I have seen somenasty silverware in public...... Just something to ponder....... you are a doll..... A Mama Lioness........ A Fluffy One at that........LOL..... Thanks for sharing your feelings......... We are all scared atthe future just as you are for your son....... Sending a ((((( HUGE HUGTO YOU )))))) Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

My heart goes out to you and your son... He should see thru that

witch now, before he buys anything let alone a house..... I commend you

for keeping your composure cause I would have been in jail. I would have

whacked the hell out of the whole bunch of em.. It is bad enough we

deal with ignorance outside of our families, but his own WIFE!!!!! He

needs to get away from her now.... But we can't live their lives for

them... Only be there to pick up the pieces when they come to us... I am

here for you whenever you need to talk.... Love ya Fluffy ;o

Angel Hugs,

Diane

May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Terry,

I can't imagine watching our kids being verbally abused..... After

the episode with my son's girlfriend that time when she actually hit me

and I showed her smart ass who was going to get the respect..... It

wasn't her thats for sure..... I was shocked that she actually hit me

one time.... That was all she had the chance to do...... My younger

years all came back and I taught her a good lesson.....She was holding

the ice bag on her eye and face..... Imagine that..... LOL...... Now

when she sees me she shows me all the respect in the world........ It is

a disgrace to even put me in a position like that.... When my son

realized what was going on he pulled me up and I still had her in a

headlock pounding on her..... He really let her have it.... He told her

no one disrespects his Mother... I left before it got ugly...... ;o

Couldn't believe it.... If I didn't have my leather coat on she would

have got worse..... In a neck brace with severe pain thru my body and

Hep C slugging it out..... I still can't believe it......

Angel Hugs,

Diane

Guest guest

-dz-

I watched that show about Stigmata.... It was very interesting....

Even when they bled right n front of the disbelievers they still tried

to say it was self inflicted or some other cause....... I would love to

see that again......

Angel Hugs,

Diane

Guest guest

-dz-

I sure hope our Stgmas don't turn into Stigmata.... We would be

bleeding and that is a no no for a Hepper..... Just a little fun to

take our minds off of our disease..... ;o We can kid each other without

taking offense....

Angel Hugs,

Diane

Guest guest

Hi Sharon,

How have you been?????? Sending healing hugs to you and every one

else too..... ((((( HUGS )))))

Angel Hugs,

Diane

Guest guest

Well it was not lightehearted kidding around it sounded like serious stuff. Enough so that Gregs Dad is pacing around pronouncing that this kind of stuff must end. Its to much strain on us and our peace of mind to continue on with. I mean you are so right. Even if it were its in very poor taste. Has totally disturbed my sense of peace. Re: [ ] Re: Pamela Even if they were kidding, they have very poor tastein jokes. Would they kid around about a family memberwith cancer. It's just not funny is it? Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> Yes and I know if I say word one they will say it> was kidding around> or something which if you were there it would not> have seemed like it.> > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I certainly hope so. Re: [ ] Re: Pamela That's a nice story, Diane. Maybe that is one thing we can gain from this disease, a better understanding of those people made to be "outcasts" in our society. Just like hcv, it doesn't matter how he got aids, it's not his fault. We have all made mistakes in our life. I am reminded of the afflicted man in a biblical story. The disciples asked Jesus whether the man's affliction was because of his sins or because of the sins of his parents. Jesus became a little angry and said that he was afflicted neither for his nor for his parents sins, but to show the glory of God and at that Jesus cured the man. It is still a fitting story today, I don't recall if the man's affliction was blindness or lameness or what, but it could just as well have been hcv or hiv or any number of problems. -dz- diane214@... wrote: Thank you so much for your heartfelt feelings on this disease ....I have a little story to tell. After my sisters funeral we all went backto her home. One man that was a friend of my sister has aids.. He hasbeen on medication and is now undetectable...... He sat in a corner andeveryone there were scathing him and not coming near him...... I went tohim and asked what he wanted on his platter and fixed it for him..... Ialso hugged him and asked how he was coming along with treatment..... Hegot this thru transfusions and I thought to myself.... This isprobably how everyone feels towards me too.... They were saying behindhis back...."What's he doing here?" I said to them...("The same thingyou are doing here... Paying his respects") I think that this wastotally ignorant!!!! He wasn't drooling over the food or doing anythingto hurt anyone....... This is just the ignorance of our society.......My niece used to work at a very nice diner.... The 2nd week she workedthere she came home an told me almost every waitress that worked therewas on e.... On break they shot up in the bathroom or went out totheir cars.... After she told me this I looked at them closely and sureenough I could see in their eyes that they were high as a kite.... Thesepeople fix our plates and place our silverware on the tables.... Touchour rolls and don't wash their hands.. Now think about that one.... Wejust never know what is out there and who is doing what ever........ Atleast I had disposable plates, forks ad etc. at my sistersgathering...... At a diner you eat from everyone and I have seen somenasty silverware in public...... Just something to ponder....... you are a doll..... A Mama Lioness........ A Fluffy One at that........LOL..... Thanks for sharing your feelings......... We are all scared atthe future just as you are for your son....... Sending a ((((( HUGE HUGTO YOU )))))) Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Diane my Mom left a china cabinet "that my Great Grandfafther bought for my Great Grandmother shortly after they were first married", when she passed away. Susy & I let take the rest of the things that she left him when he moved out but told him that he couldn't have the china cabinet till he was ready to take care of it. It has been in the family for over 100 years & my Great Grandfather had bought it second hand. told his wife that it belonged to him. So when they were getting ready to move to by Dz, she informed us they was taking it with them seance it belonged to THEM! I quckly informed them both, that yes my Mom left that to , But it was at MY disscrestion as to when I thought was ready to take care of it, If I hadn't spoke first, our daughter in-law would of had Susy all over her. That last price I saw on this cabinet was $5,000 & that was ten years ago. We decidded that it was going to be over our Dead bodies before our daughter inlaw gets her hands on it. had an Antique lamp that was worth over $500 & it is MISSING! I'm sure the B--CH sold it. My plans our to hold onto the China cabinet till my last days & let my Grandkids have it. One thing for sure. The B--ch is not getting her hands on it.

Terry

diane214@... wrote: Terry, I can't imagine watching our kids being verbally abused..... Afterthe episode with my son's girlfriend that time when she actually hit meand I showed her smart ass who was going to get the respect..... Itwasn't her thats for sure..... I was shocked that she actually hit meone time.... That was all she had the chance to do...... My youngeryears all came back and I taught her a good lesson.....She was holdingthe ice bag on her eye and face..... Imagine that..... LOL...... Nowwhen she sees me she shows me all the respect in the world........ It isa disgrace to even put me in a position like that.... When my sonrealized what was going on he pulled me up and I still had her in aheadlock pounding on her..... He really let her have it.... He told herno one disrespects his Mother... I left before it got ugly...... ;oCouldn't believe it.... If I didn't have my leather coat on she wouldhave got worse..... In a neck brace with severe pain thru my body andHep C slugging it out..... I still can't believe it...... Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Diane

We need a little fun or we would go crazy thanking about the dragon, & kidding eachother is one way to have fun.

Terry

diane214@... wrote: -dz- I sure hope our Stgmas don't turn into Stigmata.... We would bebleeding and that is a no no for a Hepper..... Just a little fun totake our minds off of our disease..... ;o We can kid each other withouttaking offense.... Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Thing is Diane there was a time just so shortly ago she treated him with deep love and respect. And I am so hoping this is a period of adjustment or well I don't know... But it seems they have issues and I don't care to know what they are. Just that tone in the voice etc. But this deal of about her and getting the support and foodstamps etc to afford the house, poor taste all across the board. You don't joke about stuff like that. Marriage is a commitment. I would advise no one to buy a house unless things are rock solid across the board and no interference is on the horizon I am just sick about the whole of the day on Easter ..... can't hardly even put it to rest. It has me greatly disturbed ... Re: [ ] Re: Pamela , My heart goes out to you and your son... He should see thru thatwitch now, before he buys anything let alone a house..... I commend youfor keeping your composure cause I would have been in jail. I would havewhacked the hell out of the whole bunch of em.. It is bad enough wedeal with ignorance outside of our families, but his own WIFE!!!!! Heneeds to get away from her now.... But we can't live their lives forthem... Only be there to pick up the pieces when they come to us... I amhere for you whenever you need to talk.... Love ya Fluffy ;o Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

It has been a blessing and at times made things a bit more difficult. My uncles married sisters and that worked out so wonderfuly well. Time will tell where this will go. I will say this. The family dynamics are being challenged now and it is my intent to do everything I can to be an instrument of peace however there are just boundaries and perhaps once those are firmly established with all players it will work better. I will say this . I do hope they come to a point they realize that this kind of thing is hurtful and not welcomed and most certainly but for restraint it could be returned ... I think I showed remarkable restraint. Re: [ ] Re: Pamela It scares me to think what I'll have to deal with. Myhusband and I have 5 kids between us. Who will theymarry and what will I have to put up with. Oh well, Iget to wait and see. Try to keep in mind that you arehere getting information and support while they areout there thriving on their own ignorance about thisdisease. It IS a shame your sons married sisters butmaybe the other one is different. I kknow my sisterand I are like day and night.Try to remember "this too shall pass". It sounds likeyou'll be there for your son no matter what and thatis the most important thing. Sharon__________________________________________________

Guest guest

If your anything like me you can hold back only so

long. But it takes a better person not to stoop to

their level. Ha ha. It takes a lot of restraint too. I

think you've been amazing. It takes a lot to let our

children fix their own problems. Parents always want

to fix them for their children. I wish you luck on

this.

Sharon

> It has been a blessing and at times made things a

> bit more difficult.

> My uncles married sisters and that worked out so

> wonderfuly well.

> Time will tell where this will go. I will say this.

> The family dynamics

> are being challenged now and it is my intent to do

> everything I can to

> be an instrument of peace however there are just

> boundaries and

> perhaps once those are firmly established with all

> players it will work

> better. I will say this . I do hope they come to a

> point they realize

> that this kind of thing is hurtful and not welcomed

> and most certainly

> but for restraint it could be returned ... I think I

> showed remarkable

> restraint.

>

Guest guest

Thanks so much.... Hugs Re: [ ] Re: Pamela , That is so sad...... My heart aches for you to know what your son isgoing thru and not getting the support of his wife.... I for onewouldn't think those remarks made by the in-laws were one bit funny....It just shows the ignorance of people to this disease... They shouldproject there energy into finding ou about this diseas and how to helpyour son....Not make sly remarks.... Hang in there .... I will prayfor her and her family to come around and look for knowledge...... Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

I wish I knew in advance where my limitations really are I'd hate to find them by lacking restraint. Re: [ ] Re: Pamela If your anything like me you can hold back only solong. But it takes a better person not to stoop totheir level. Ha ha. It takes a lot of restraint too. Ithink you've been amazing. It takes a lot to let ourchildren fix their own problems. Parents always wantto fix them for their children. I wish you luck onthis. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> It has been a blessing and at times made things a> bit more difficult.> My uncles married sisters and that worked out so> wonderfuly well.> Time will tell where this will go. I will say this. > The family dynamics> are being challenged now and it is my intent to do> everything I can to > be an instrument of peace however there are just> boundaries and> perhaps once those are firmly established with all> players it will work> better. I will say this . I do hope they come to a> point they realize> that this kind of thing is hurtful and not welcomed> and most certainly> but for restraint it could be returned ... I think I> showed remarkable> restraint. > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Your right no one should disresect our child, But when they let their spouse do that to them. There is not much we can do. We told that we were always here for him if he wanted to talk. Until then all we can do is pray for him. We will not get in the middle of it, that only tears us up even more.

Terry

Greg has said the same thing. No one disrespects his mom. However

no one should disrespect Greg either. I hate it when those tones

get in the voice etc. But the deal that blew my mind was

on the house.. its like what could be more disrespectful than that?

It will take me a bit to get past a few issues. I love my daughter

in law dearly don't get me wrong but that strikes to the very core

of trust issues. I can't help but feel the way I do. No one needs

to buy anyone a house without plans of making it a home together

and such garbage to plant in the mind like a destructive seed. Never

would I have done such of a thing to my daughterinlaw how disrespectful.

I need so much to be able to spend time with my son and cherish each

moment but under the circumstance we feel like we just must withdraw.

What a place to be in its so painful.

Terry, I can't imagine watching our kids being verbally abused..... Afterthe episode with my son's girlfriend that time when she actually hit meand I showed her smart ass who was going to get the respect..... Itwasn't her thats for sure..... I was shocked that she actually hit meone time.... That was all she had the chance to do...... My youngeryears all came back and I taught her a good lesson.....She was holdingthe ice bag on her eye and face..... Imagine that..... LOL...... Nowwhen she sees me she shows me all the respect in the world........ It isa disgrace to even put me in a position like that.... When my sonrealized what was going on he pulled me up and I still had her in aheadlock pounding on her..... He really let her have it.... He told herno one disrespects his Mother... I left before it got ugly...... ;oCouldn't believe it.... If I didn't have my leather coat on she wouldhave got worse..... In a neck brace with severe pain thru my body andHep C slugging it out..... I still can't believe it...... Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity