RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

REFLUX

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi gang, I just wanted to pass a along a little information to you. Don't know about the validity of the article, but... Doctors are now saying anyone on Prilosic, Prevacid, etc for acid reflux a have a greater chance of having a broken hip, as the medication stops calcium absorbtion in the bones if taken for a period of 1 yr or more. If this is true then we have one more thing to handle. Steroids cause osteo and broken hips and now this. Can't win for losing. So... after giving everyone something to think about, here is a wish for you and yours HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. MAY GOD REIGN BLESSINGS ON EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. A HP 6/06 TN __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Yeah, I seen that on the morning news today.....Aaaaargh!

Joyce

>> Hi gang,> > I just wanted to pass a along a little information to you. Don't know about the validity of the article, but... Doctors are now saying anyone on Prilosic, Prevacid, etc for acid reflux a have a greater chance of having a broken hip, as the medication stops calcium absorbtion in the bones if taken for a period of 1 yr or more. If this is true then we have one more thing to handle. Steroids cause osteo and broken hips and now this. Can't win for losing. So... after giving everyone something to think about, here is a wish for you and yours> > HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. MAY GOD REIGN BLESSINGS ON EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU.> > A HP 6/06 TN> > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

Ah, haaaa that's why I take Fosomax, Calcium and Vit D. My bone density test was very, very excellent this year...better than last year's when I was not on these meds. Joy 3/6linda arnold wrote: Hi gang, I just wanted to pass a along a little information to you. Don't know about the validity of the article, but... Doctors are now saying anyone on Prilosic, Prevacid, etc for acid reflux a have a greater chance of having a broken hip, as

the medication stops calcium absorbtion in the bones if taken for a period of 1 yr or more. If this is true then we have one more thing to handle. Steroids cause osteo and broken hips and now this. Can't win for losing. So... after giving everyone something to think about, here is a wish for you and yours HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. MAY GOD REIGN BLESSINGS ON EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. A HP 6/06 TN __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Here is some info regarding all of the proton pump inhibitors I have read that anyone on them and my husband was taking one prilosec a day is at a greater risk when also taking broad spectrum antibiotics for catching c diff. My husband has c diff back for the 3rd time which any article will tell you is not too unusual and I also read it is harder to get rid of if you are taking a proton pump inhibitor well needless to say he has stopped taking the prilosec. Why the dr did not put two and two together I do not know. They also have him on florastor which is a pro biotic so I hope and pray he gets rid of it this time. I just wanted to let everyone know about the proton pump inhibitors as would not wish c difficile on anyone it is very nasty. LaurieJoy wrote: Ah, haaaa that's why I take Fosomax, Calcium and Vit D. My bone density test was very, very excellent this year...better than last year's when I was not on these meds. Joy 3/6linda arnold <lovepuppy49> wrote: Hi gang, I just wanted to pass a along a little information to you. Don't know about the validity of the article, but... Doctors are now saying anyone on Prilosic, Prevacid, etc for acid reflux a have a greater chance of having a broken hip, as

the medication stops calcium absorbtion in the bones if taken for a period of 1 yr or more. If this is true then we have one more thing to handle. Steroids cause osteo and broken hips and now this. Can't win for losing. So... after giving everyone something to think about, here is a wish for you and yours HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. MAY GOD REIGN BLESSINGS ON EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. A HP 6/06 TN __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Joy, I couldn't take either Actonel or Fosamax because they caused

extreme heartburn to the point of me feeling as if I was burning

literally!!!! So I take Evista and extra calcium and extra Vit D too.

Z. /05

Joy wrote:

> Ah, haaaa that's why I take Fosomax, Calcium and Vit D. My bone

> density test was very, very excellent this year...better than last

> year's when I was not on these meds. Joy 3/6

>

> */linda arnold /* wrote:

>

> Hi gang,

>

> I just wanted to pass a along a little information to you. Don't

> know about the validity of the article, but... Doctors are now

> saying anyone on Prilosic, Prevacid, etc for acid reflux a have a

> greater chance of having a broken hip, as the medication stops

> calcium absorbtion in the bones if taken for a period of 1 yr or

> more. If this is true then we have one more thing to handle.

> Steroids cause osteo and broken hips and now this. Can't win for

> losing. So... after giving everyone something to think about, here

> is a wish for you and yours

>

> HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. MAY GOD REIGN BLESSINGS ON EACH

> AND EVERYONE OF YOU.

>

> A HP 6/06 TN

> __________________________________________________

>