RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

As a (mostly) voyeur for several months here I have so appreciated what everyone has had to say. Even things that I do not agree with. I read through most of the posts every day looking for answers and for hope. Because of finances and overwhelm

Rate this topic

Guest guest

As a (mostly) voyeur for several months here I have so appreciated what everyone has had to say. Even things that I do not agree with. I read through most of the posts every day looking for answers and for hope. Because of finances and overwhelm I have had to go very slowly in terms of trying treatments. And sometimes I kick myself for not doing more or not choosing right. This is hard and I appreciated your "advice". I made one rule for myself that I would try anything (that I could afford) that did not cause my son too much discomfort and grief. Until recently that even applied to GFCF diet. My son is now 4 1/2 and he has made incredible progress but has such a long way to go. I think I am ready to try GFCF but it feels so overwhelming. I am not sure how to begin, but I will figure it out. Anyway I digress. I just wanted to say thank you for your wisdom and insight and for sharing your experience. I really appreciated the reality check. Dina Tarah, MFT

BE WELL! To: mb12 valtrex From: iferstevens@...Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 06:30:21 -0700Subject: Re: autism 12 years later, sorry this is long

Once again, I'm not saying anyone should dismiss a therapy because it did not have significant results for my son. I'm saying that life will go on after these children turn five whether they recover or not. Look at my experience as an example of trying too hard, which at times made me and my son miserable. Some things did work. I just was not patient and pushed every button on the elevator so to speak. It was not sad, it was a learning experience.

Forgive me for bragging, but my son is actually doing so much better than I originally imagined he would. It was not the full recovery, but he has a lot of gifts and he leads a full and interesting life. Just recently, teen lingo started showing up in his vocabulary. He is saying things like, "sweet", "my bad", and when referring to one of his teachers, "I just can't stand the sight of her."

I love McCarthy and Jim Carry for bringing all this information to the mainstream. I think if B-12 shots work for some that is awesome. I would never criticize a parent of a special needs child for trying to help them. Please be supportive of me when I say, we reached a limit of what we can handle financially and emotionally. At the very least we need a break until we can see a clearer path. My intention in sharing this is just to say, if it feels like you are spinning your wheels, you probably are. Pace yourself and your credit so you can maximize your efforts and hopefully have money to send that recovered kid to college!

:)

Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!