RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Link to Dr. Healy's essay follows Dr. Boyd Haley's response to her essay: RESPONSE FROM DR. BOYD HALEYTo All: I really like Dr. Healy and nothing I am going to say should be taken as a negative regarding her. I appreciate that the genetic causatio

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Link to Dr. Healy's essay follows Dr. Boyd Haley's response to her essay: RESPONSE FROM DR. BOYD HALEYTo All: I really like Dr. Healy and nothing I am going to say should be taken as a negative regarding her. I appreciate that the genetic causation for autism was somewhat dismissed. However, her comment that we haven’t the foggiest notion as to what environmental exposure that causes autism is one that I cannot agree with. The medical establishment just refuses to look at the logic and science behind the possible causations of this epidemic. They place their faith on “the 2004 IOM and CDC comments†which said vaccines/thimerosal are not causal. The opinion of the CDC, the 2004 IOM committee and the AAP today are most dependent on 4-5 epidemiological studies done by

non-Americans (and vaccine manufacturer employees) and mostly (4 of 5) on foreign data bases where the exposure to vaccines were not as much, nor as early, as in the USA. It is amazing to me, that with an epidemic of such importance to our country’s future, that the CDC has gotten by without one epidemiological study done by Americans at a prestigious USA institution and done on a USA cohort group. This is a failure of our federal government and the agencies that are supposed to protect American citizens.Below are my rationale (not exclusive to me) for pointing directly to thimerosal in vaccines as the major cause of the increase (but not the only contributor).1. The toxin has to be one that affects boys more than girls.2. The toxin exposure has to occur before 2-3 years of age, including in utero time (excludes most exposures from eats, drinking and drugs).3. The toxin had to increase in the time frame of

1988-90.4. The toxin had to increase in all 50 states at the same time (follow the US Dept. of Education Individuals with Disabilities Act data).5. The toxin had to be able to cause the pleotypic toxic effects as evidenced by the multiple biochemical abnormalities observed in autism by direct or secondary effect mechanisms. Some examples would be low glutathione levels (Dr. ), aberrant methylation (Dr. Deth), low sulfate levels (Dr. Waring), abnormal urinary porphyrin profiles (Dr. Nataf), low Molybdeum levels, elevated neopterin levels (Dr. Nataf), etc.I would strongly suggest that elevated mercury exposure via thimerosal is the only causal factor as it can explain explicitly all of the 5 items above.First, mercury is the only relevant toxin that I know of that is dramatically more toxic to males than females. The published research show enhancement of thimerosal (mercury) toxicity by testosterone (male hormone) and

protection by estrogen (female hormone). This appears to be the one piece of information the opposition does not want to directly address.Second, the CDC mandated vaccine program, which exposed day old infants to levels of mercury that would be EPA safe if they weighed 275 pounds, was started about 1988 and in all states. Plus, the USA has gone from being a “low infant mortality’ country to where we now stand at #41 on the international infant mortality list. If indeed the vaccines against infectious diseases are working and has lowered death rates to these diseases, just exactly what causes of death has caused the increased high rate of our infants dying today? Have we traded measles, mumps and hepatitis for more lethal illnesses? Without a doubt, our current vaccine policy has not made our infants healthier than they were before, and this strongly implies our vaccines and the vaccine program today is not as safe nor effective as

it could be.Third, I and others can mechanistically explain the abnormal biochemistry and tissue damage seen in autistic children as being caused by inhibition of specifically mercury sensitive enzymes or pathways. This is not rocket science, it is rudimentary basic biological/biochemical science----and it is being ignored by physician administrators who lead our state and federal health departments and our vaccine development programs. Maybe their education is lacking in this area.Place into this mix the studies made available to our 2004 IOM committee and later publications that show autistics have a higher mercury body burden and poorer mercury excretion abilities than neuro-typical children, the lack of autism in non-vaccinated or lesser vaccinated children (the Amish as presented by Dan Olmsted), the increase in asthma rates with earlier vaccinations from the Mannitoba study, and many other relevant studies and you get the idea

we do not have honesty or integrity in the medical establishment and government agencies that have been assigned to protect our population from infectious diseases.I agree with Dr. Healy that we need to work together and I think all of the “anti’thimerosal in vaccines†researchers would agree with this. But how do you get such research funded when the decision makers in this area continually push to fund more “studies to identify the genetic causes of autism†and have not, to date that I know of, funded one good study which allows an independent group to look at vaccine/thimerosal causation? It is hard to be agreeable when you are excluded from the important decision making discussions.Boyd E. Haley, PhDProfessor EmeritusUniversity of KentuckyChemistry Department

The Vaccines-Autism War: Détente NeededApril 14, 2009 01:54 PM ET | Bernadine Healy, M.D.http://health.usnews.com/blogs/heart-to-heart/2009/04/14/the-vaccines-autism-war-dtente-needed.html

Love, Gabby. :0)

http://stemcellforautism.blogspot.com/

"I know of nobody who is purely Autistic or purely neurotypical. Even God had some Autistic moments, which is why the planets all spin." ~ Jerry Newport