RemedySpot.com

and Lena,i don't disagree with you.  my llmd was brought up in question when he treated a couple navy guys.  he had full documentation so he was ok, but a 6 mo. battle cost lots of money and he had to raise his rates.  i did actually like him

Rate this topic

Guest guest

and Lena,i don't disagree with you.  my llmd was brought up in question when he treated a couple navy guys.  he had full documentation so he was ok, but a 6 mo. battle cost lots of money and he had to raise his rates.  i did actually like him and felt he was a good dr, but as you say, they have to be so careful.

i had read that they cannot bring up a rife machine, i had to.  he couldn't tell me anything about it but referred me to 's book. abx treatment was all he offered, yet knowing abx won't always work and knowing about rife.....sometimes it is just  frustrating.  wish he had suggested a support group like this where i could have found the info sooner and saved, money, health and time.  but.....

i do understand they are in a difficult position.  i keep watch on what is happening.  i have struggled for 30+ yrs. with, dr after dr and all the meds they could throw at me, loosing lots of money and time.  guess i'm just a little negative about drs. now.  but angry with the fda and other 'powers that be' that keep us from health options that are available. i guess we all are.

my family has learned, as you lena, that we must take control of our own health. and sites like this is where the reliable info and help really is. people joining together to help research and share to get well.  

thanks for your input and wisdom.barbara

The coil is not FDA approved, they can get in a lot of trouble for mentioning it.  my dr also knew about it, but seemed almost scared to talk about it. referred me to another patient rather than discuss it with me himself when I brought it up.... but encouraged me to get in contact with that person several times.

good, kind, non-self-serving LLMD- just couldn't afford to lose his practice over a legal battle.-sarah To: Lyme_and_Rife

From: gmaoceans@...Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:09:38 -0800Subject: Re: OT: Thoughts on Flagyl? on ABX

lena,i have to say, after all the abx i have been on, knowing what i know today, would never have gone that route either.  not only did it really not help me, but actually caused more damage, as you explained, in the gut etc.

i do understand the feeling of desperation of wanting to do what the dr suggests.  with my llmd, they acknowledged that the abx may not cure me and i had to sign a form acknowledging that.  so, did they really know the slim chance of no cure, and suggest the abx route as 'business' for them.  i sometimes wonder. 

when, after 18 mo. we both decided it was not working, and i had found info about rifing, i asked him.  i had no idea which to get, but he knew right off, the doug coil.  so again, did he know abx wouldn't work?  he was very familiar with the coil.  

i know many llmd want to help, but i now, do wonder, if they know abx won't work.  are we just 'business' to them, just like the regular drs?  i have seen so much more improvement with people on this site from alternative methods over conventional abx.  there are many to choose from, and wish i had this info first, before the abx.  i think i would be much farther ahead right now if i had known the alternatives first.

just my personal observation.barbara

Believe me, I was there, and had no LLMD, no caretaker, I was looking at the end of me and had to somehow (and i don't know now how I even did it) be my own caregiver. I was in horrible pain, could barely turn over in bed, or even sign my own name; brain-fog in the extreme, waking in the morning trying to think of how I could end things without hurting those I loved. Depression was intense: wished for death all the time, even though I figured it was brain-chemistry causing these thoughts.

The thing that saved me from even considering abx was my horrible past experience with my gut. it simply wasn't an option and S & C, Rifing, and serious attention to detox was. Lithium orotate and the TCM An Shen Bu Xin Wan got my brain/will to live back. Coffee enemas, got the toxins out of my brain, along with French green clay, K-Mag KG, and chlorella binding metals, so i could begin to think better. These things and slow ramping up of protocols I learned in groups slowly got me from circling the drain to 90% back. 

I'm not saying not to do abx. I'm just saying it's not a permanent fix (and sometimes, in extremity, short-term is what's needed) You may have to deal with the sequelae of encysted pathogens later on and that's not pretty. I've seen many who were fooled into thinking abx had cured them and the discovery that abx hadn't done this was devastating later, especially after they'd by then compromised their gut, which, after all, is the major part of the immune system. It's a hard bargain.

Be well,Léna  

i hear you, buuuut... when you can't think you can do almost nothing- including the research needed to get permanently better.  Ideally, we would have full-time caretakers doing all our research for us, and care for us and measure our dosages and take care of life but i didn't have that.  i AM that person to 5 little ones.  I had to get clear before I could even begin getting better.

also it was worth it to feel better because i was suicidal, thinking it would never end. It saved my life by making me feel better enough to keep on fighting.just another perspective :)-sarah

To: Lyme_and_Rife From: drumroll@...

Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:06:19 -0600Subject: Re: OT: Thoughts on Flagyl?   My only concern about abx is that happy reports of their use are in the past tense,('was', 'gave me my life back', 'was totally worth it.) Yes, abx 'did' help many people, but I've witnessed so many Lymies limping into these groups after the bugs that were encysted by abx have finally come out of hiding with a vengeance, that I pray never to have to use abx, for anything, ever again. These critters can hide from 6 to 20 years, and when they come out, rather than the one that went into cyst, it can now be 5!  (My lyme-mycoplasma was treated with abx over 30 years ago and the results were 1.5 years of hell in my gut. never again.) If you have a truly knowledgeable LLMD who knows how to pulse these drugs, maybe, but there aren't many of them from what I've witnessed.

Be well,Léna

flagyl was a miracle drug for me. I was on iv abx for 6 mos and added oral flagyl for the last 2 months.  It gave me back my brain.it changed my taste- food tasted different, but it was totally worth it! avoid all alcohol- including mouthwash, etc while using it, or you will get very sick.

YMMV-sarahlange To: Lyme_and_Rife From: malindabross@...

Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:37:13 +0000Subject: OT: Thoughts on Flagyl?   Hello everyone! It has been ages since I have been on this forum. I hope everyone is doing well. Life has been pretty hectic this past year....four new grandchildren =) .....including a baby that my son and dil adopted born with multiple medical issues, including no arms, club-foot, g-tube feedings.... So we have been busy.... But life is good and we are enjoying it.

My son with lyme since 2001, reinfected in 2002, and again this past summer is doing well. He was treated with two months of antibiotics in 2001 and 2002. However, other than that, he was treatly only naturally with the guidance of our ND. Then this summer to treat his new reinfection we went to an LLMD. He has been on doxycycline since July and ceftin since about October. We never thought we would do long-term antibiotics, but he muscle-tests positive for both antibiotics with both the ND and the DC. And he is doing great. However, we both fear the day he goes off the antibiotics. =/ We've been around this community long enough to know what can happen after the abx, which is why we have chosen in the past to not do them. But now the LLMD wants to start Flagyl. I know others have used this, but I forget what the general feeling of it has been. Recommended or not? It has been quite easy in the past to do the abx even though we didn't want to because he muscle-tested for it. We are not sure what to do if he does not test for the Flagyl and yet the LLMD recommends it. That is where I am hoping you guys can help. I'd like to hear thoughts and opinions on Flagyl.

Blessings to all, Malinda