RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: free Prescription Pads - Security

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Are these secure enough to be the new " triplicates " that we now have or do we still have to get those from DEA?

I think this has been mentioned before -- and may not be to every persons needs --- but Medi-script will send you " free " prescription pads with your name and practice on them.

They are free because they have advertising in them -- every so many Rx's there is a Rx for a drug that you tear out and throw away.

They meet the security features need for Medicaid (as far as I know) and are otherwise helpful.

I haven't figured out if I can put them in my printer to print out Rx from the EMR, but they are nice to have around.

Downside is that they have drug advertising which might not be to everyone's liking.

But I do find they are more helpful to my office than some of the other BS stuff that drug reps drop off -- the Rx's are free (low overhead), help my patients when a written secure Rx is needed, and allow me to meet the new guidlines.

No connection with them, just thought I'd throw out a random low overhead idea for the list.

BTW, once you are enrolled, I think you just fax in a preformatted Rx to them with your ID # for them and they send you a new box of them.

http://www.medi-scripts-services.com/

About Us

Medi-Scripts® Services works with leading pharmaceutical manufacturers to provide healthcare practitioners with up-to-date prescribing information and has been servicing the physician's practice for more than 20 years.

Many of our products and services have been made available exclusively to physicians or those practicing within certain specialties. Those enrolled in our services will also benefit from our commitment to providing service that is friendly, reliable and personalized to individual practice needs.

All of our products and services are complimentary and have been designed to save you time while managing your practice and patient records.

Member and enrollment information is protected through the use of secure data-transmission technologies (which includes the use of secure socket layers with 128-bit encryption), and at no time will your personal information be distributed by any means. We respect your privacy and you will only receive e-mail or other correspondence that has been requested or is standard relating to those services that you are currently enrolled in.

-- M.D.www.elainemd.com

Guest guest

The DEA doesn't send out triplicates anymore. You have to get them from a private company. Lonna Pratt wrote: The Medi-Script pads are the “triplicates.” We have one provider in our office that’s been using them for years in CA. Pratt Office Manager Oak Tree Internal Medicine P.C. From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 9:08 PMTo: Subject: Re:

"free" Prescription Pads - Security Are these secure enough to be the new "triplicates" that we now have or do we still have to get those from DEA? On 4/1/08, Locke's in Colorado <lockekcomcast (DOT) net> wrote: I think this has been mentioned before -- and may not be to every persons needs --- but Medi-script will send you

"free" prescription pads with your name and practice on them. They are free because they have advertising in them -- every so many Rx's there is a Rx for a drug that you tear out and throw away. They meet the security features need for Medicaid (as far as I know) and are otherwise helpful. I haven't figured out if I can put them in my printer to print out Rx from the EMR, but they are nice to have around. Downside is that they have drug advertising which might not be to everyone's liking. But I do find they are more helpful to my office than some of the other BS stuff that drug reps drop off -- the Rx's are free (low overhead), help my patients when a written secure Rx is needed, and allow me to meet the new guidlines. No connection with them, just thought I'd throw out a random low overhead idea for the list. BTW, once you are enrolled, I think you just fax in a preformatted Rx to them with your ID # for them and they send you a new box of them. http://www.medi-scripts-services.com/ About Us Medi-Scripts® Services works with leading pharmaceutical manufacturers to provide healthcare practitioners with up-to-date prescribing information and has been servicing the physician's practice for more than 20 years. Many of our products and services have been made available exclusively to physicians or those practicing within certain specialties. Those enrolled in our services will also benefit from our commitment to providing service that is friendly, reliable and personalized to individual practice

needs. All of our products and services are complimentary and have been designed to save you time while managing your practice and patient records. Member and enrollment information is protected through the use of secure data-transmission technologies (which includes the use of secure socket layers with 128-bit encryption), and at no time will your personal information be distributed by any means. We respect your privacy and you will only receive e-mail or other correspondence that has been requested or is standard relating to those services that you are currently enrolled in. -- M.D.www.elainemd.com

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.