RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

- Kaiserslautern, Germany

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My name is and we currently live in Germany. My e-mail address is jessjrich@....

A couple of days ago I found out about a dairy down the street from my house that sells fresh raw milk. We actually just stop into the milking parlor during milking time in the evening. They put some milk directly into a big tank and we just tap that and leave the money laying on a stool nearby. I had some raw milk as a child when I would visit my friends who lived on dairy farms and I was very excited to find a source so close by and convenient. I don't know what the laws are in Germany for selling raw milk, but this place doesn't advertise at all...there's not even a sign out front. Just word of mouth.

I'm a little hesitant about using raw milk because I'm pregnant and I have a two year old and we drink a lot of milk. All the information for pregnant women tells us not to eat any unpasteurized dairy products. But I've decided that milk THIS fresh shouldn't be a problem. However, I'm still looking around for information to put my mind a little more at ease AND to justify to anyone who questions my decision.

I'm very happy to find this group and I hope to learn alot. We are moving to California this summer so at least it should be pretty easy to continue consuming raw milk if I decide we're going to stick with it :) Though at the bargain price of 50 Euro cents per Liter here in town, I think the cost of raw milk may be a little more daunting for me when we get to California.

That's all for now...see you all in the group :)

"Long after people forget what you said to them,they will remember how you made them feel." - R. Fredig

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.