RemedySpot.com

New

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

I have a small raw milk farm in Atoka, TN located just north of Memphis. I milk Jersey cows and grow them as natural as possible, no chemicals added.

My email is jenniesdanes3@.... Raw milk is not allowed for human consumption in TN but it is allowed to be sold as pet food.

Pam Hampton

Whispering Spirit Farm

Atoka, TN

Supplier of Kelp, DE, and organic livestock supplements

Home

Mobile

Hi Pam!

Welcome to the group! Glad you are here! You will love the group.

D.

>

>

> Hi all,

> I have a small raw milk farm in Atoka, TN located just north of Memphis. I

> milk Jersey cows and grow them as natural as possible, no chemicals added.

> My email is jenniesdanes3@... Raw milk is not allowed for human

> consumption in TN but it is allowed to be sold as pet food.

>

>

>

> Pam Hampton

> Whispering Spirit Farm

> Atoka, TN

> Supplier of Kelp, DE, and organic livestock supplements

> Home

> Mobile

>

Hey Pam!

Glad to see here! It is always great to see another Tennesseean!

Blessings,

Donna~ TN~

>

>

> Hi all,

> I have a small raw milk farm in Atoka, TN located just north of

Memphis. I

> milk Jersey cows and grow them as natural as possible, no chemicals

added.

> My email is jenniesdanes3@... Raw milk is not allowed for human

> consumption in TN but it is allowed to be sold as pet food.

>

>

>

> Pam Hampton

> Whispering Spirit Farm

> Atoka, TN

> Supplier of Kelp, DE, and organic livestock supplements

> Home

> Mobile

>

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

>

> Hi y'all, I begin my new career as a middle school self contained   How can I

turn a large, very bright, very dull, very

> traditional classroom, and very bare classroom into an inviting, cozy

> autism room by Tuesday @ 5:30?

>

Maybe you could google autism classroom to get some tips, I know that i have

done this for my daughter and I believe there are books and websites with

helpful information for educators. My kids are young, but in my first grader's

typical classroom the teacher did not turn on the overhead lights, instead she

had lamps around the room to provide soft light. She also had a big soft chair

in her reading corner which doubled as a " quiet spot " for when my daughter

needed a break. There were rugs to help with the noise level in the classroom

accoustics and cut up tennis balls on the feet of the chairs to stop that loud

noise from pulling chairs in and out. Her room seemed pretty calm, she also

played music at certain times. My twins with autism love music as many children

do. I realize that these are older students but a lot of this was because the

teacher herself was on sensory overload. When going to my daughter's new school,

as we toured we peeked in a 5th grade class that also had the lamps instead of

overhead so I know some teachers do this. Don't know if this is possible, but an

aquarium might be relaxing as well as something to talk about with the students.

My non verbal twins love looking at the aquarium in the lobby of their old

daycare, especially with the bubbler. I think it is relaxing for any age.

;@)

Guest guest

Hi, I understand your position. I would work on the environment with lamp lighting around the room; not too dark or bright. I also have alternate seating and work areas that are bean bags and small desk with chairs and just work to make the classroom inviting. Be careful not to make the room too busy with color or wall posters or work. Give the students an opportunity to present/display what is important to them; even if there in nothing on the wall.... perhaps that works best for them.

I concentrate on teaching skills that help students with autism negotiate their environment both in the school and community: communication, math skills, emergency and life/leisure skills toward becoming independent, content young adults.

Francesca Flagler, Ph.D.~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ "The happiest people don't have the best of everything.They just make the best of everything."

Dr. H. (Bill) Cosby, Jr.

To: autism-georgia Sent: Sun, July 31, 2011 1:54:57 PMSubject: new

Hi y'all, I begin my new career as a middle school self contained autism classroom teacher tomorrow in Augusta, Ga. I am not new to autism - I have spectrum children of my own. I taught high school for 12 years, so I am not new to teaching. I am not familiar with Augusta and I am new to middle school, and middle autism. Specifically low functioning middle school autism. What can I do to make my new students feel comfortable in their new environment? Open house is Tuesday evening. How can I turn a large, very bright, very dull, very traditional classroom, and very bare classroom into an inviting, cozy autism room by Tuesday @ 5:30?

After I get the environment taken care of I will focus on what I should teach. What should I teach my new students? My main goal is to explore inclusion with these children and to teach them life skills. What else?

Thank you all for helping me!

Guest guest

I will definately get some lamps. Thanks for the warning about the busy walls. Just today I was in my classroom thinking of how I could fill up those drab walls! Thank you for the advice and for taking the time to help me,

To: autism-georgia Sent: Mon, August 1, 2011 5:01:38 PMSubject: Re: new

Hi, I understand your position. I would work on the environment with lamp lighting around the room; not too dark or bright. I also have alternate seating and work areas that are bean bags and small desk with chairs and just work to make the classroom inviting. Be careful not to make the room too busy with color or wall posters or work. Give the students an opportunity to present/display what is important to them; even if there in nothing on the wall.... perhaps that works best for them.

I concentrate on teaching skills that help students with autism negotiate their environment both in the school and community: communication, math skills, emergency and life/leisure skills toward becoming independent, content young adults.

Francesca Flagler, Ph.D.~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ "The happiest people don't have the best of everything.They just make the best of everything."

Dr. H. (Bill) Cosby, Jr.

To: autism-georgia Sent: Sun, July 31, 2011 1:54:57 PMSubject: new

Hi y'all, I begin my new career as a middle school self contained autism classroom teacher tomorrow in Augusta, Ga. I am not new to autism - I have spectrum children of my own. I taught high school for 12 years, so I am not new to teaching. I am not familiar with Augusta and I am new to middle school, and middle autism. Specifically low functioning middle school autism. What can I do to make my new students feel comfortable in their new environment? Open house is Tuesday evening. How can I turn a large, very bright, very dull, very traditional classroom, and very bare classroom into an inviting, cozy autism room by Tuesday @ 5:30?

After I get the environment taken care of I will focus on what I should teach. What should I teach my new students? My main goal is to explore inclusion with these children and to teach them life skills. What else?

Thank you all for helping me!