RemedySpot.com

/ shih-tzus / combat fighting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I love shih-tzus!  I grew up with a cockapoo terrier/llaso apso looking dog and I still miss her so much, so all the little buddies that look like her make my heart smile :)And I know the Spreen workout you are referencing.  LOVE THAT ONE, it's so fun to feel like you're fighting with a weapon like that, I really need to do that one again, thanks for the reminder and WOW a 12 lb body bar??  You are amazing, !!

LOL!  I chuckled at your doggie getting her hair done - my Dad has 2 Shih-Tzus and they also get their hair done.  I think Shenan (my dog) would bite the groomer....

Donna

Subject: Wednesday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit

Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2012, 9:16 AM

Good morning!

Just got home from walking the dogs.  Its supposed to get to around 87 today and Lily (our shih tuz) can't stand hot temps. She over heats very easily.  It looks like it will be morning walks the rest of this week.  Tomorrow there won't be any walks because she gets her hair done in the morning and then later we have to get ready for our garage sale.

Today was Spreen's Combat from her Absolute KB and then straight to her combat from Progressive Strength along with abs.    These workouts use a body bar.

This was so fun and SUPER tough.  I worked my muscles in a completely different way.  I won't be surprised at all if I'm not sure sore tomorrow.  I'm sure I worked muscles that I haven't used in a while.

Funny, but during Absolute combat says that she recommends you don't use more than a 9 lb body bar.  I was thinking my body bar was like 10?  so after the workout I went and weighed it.  No wonder I was frying, my body bar is 12 lbs lol.

I did the abs at the end of progressive strength and they were tough too, especially the side planks using a weight. 

So all of this took me an hour and 5 minutes.  I burned 379 calories, avg 127, max 158, steps 4,371

Have a great day!~~