RemedySpot.com

- constipation in infant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It's all about the poop! My montra!

We give Freddie flax seed daily (3 tbs in a smoothie). He suffered from severe constipation from 8 months (off breast milk) to age 8. Mind you he is almost 10 now, but if he were a baby or toddler I would still give him the flax seed just to relieve all the irritability and pain he suffered do to the constipation. Flax seed can be ground down in a blender and added to baby food. It also has an added benefit of adding omega-3 fatty acids to the diet! You can buy it in an oil form at any health food store or vitamin shop, most grocery stores too. Just make sure you check for the purity of the product.

http://www.essortment.com/flax-seed-oil-benefits-41778.html

Freddie was initially prescribed Miralax @ age 2. I wanted something less medicinal, more natural. I am sad that I didn't get turned onto the flax seed sooner.

I would definitely make the constipation a priority issue with your pediatrician. If you can't get control of it now and before toddler-hood, I personally feel it will impede appropriate behavioral growth!!!!

Before I would add anything to a baby's diet, I would first check with the pediatrician!

Good luck!!!!!

nnaMommy to Freddie 9yrsFull Inclusion - On to 4th Grade!"We can change the world one classroom at a time" - Gail on

Subject: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] constipation in infantTo: DownSyndromeInfoExchange Date: Tuesday, July 26, 2011, 5:28 AM

I have a 6 month old with ds. She is constipated. She takes the Nutrivene formula. I have also been giving her about 1-2 tbls. of prune juice for the last 2 days. I know that there are threads about this subject, but I haven't seen any that address this issue in infants. Any suggestions would be helpful.Thanks,