RemedySpot.com

Re: For Dr. Kolb

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We won't debate it. I have my opinion and I will state it, and I don't have to have 20 years experience as a plastic surgeon to be able to intelligently deduce that breast implants are not a necessity in the body after cancer. In my mind, it is an issue of ethics, and although I can respect your stature as a physician, Dr. Kolb, you are not any more qualified to discuss ethics than I am. When a woman has breast cancer, the first requirement for continued life is to get rid of the cancer, and return the body to health. An implant has nothing to do with that.

We also know that the majority of breast implants are done for cosmetic augmentation of healthy, non-diseased breasts. It is not an issue of restoring anything, and therefore, a totally frivolous, useless procedure in the biology of life.

For this reason, I state that the banning of implants for cosmetic augmentation is defendable.

I am not saying that I believe we should all make the effort to ban implants, because I KNOW that our America is a country influenced by power, politics, and men's egos. Banning implants will never happen. Sure, I would like to see a "safe" implant designed. I know that the market for this type of procedure will continue to be ripe, and this is the direction I think it should go. But, is it?

But, as a matter of ethics, my firm position is that without being able to identify which women have the potential to be harmed from implants, cosmetic augmentation of any healthy woman desiring implants should not be allowed. Experimenting on women is bad enough, but reckless tinkering of women's bodies without even having the INTENT to figure out why the harm is being done is criminal.

Patty

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 7:58 PM

Subject: Re:

Patty: There are many patients were flaps are contraindicated and implants are the only option. You are not a reconstructive surgeon with 20 years experience so I do not wish to debate this with you. .

Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 10:39 AM

But, Dr. Kolb, breast implants are NOT NEEDED, even in some reconstructive surgeries. So, banning breast implants for the sake of cosmetic augmentation is entirely defendable. There is just no medical necessity here, and that is factual. It is societal issue that women perceive the need for implants after breast cancer, not a medical one.

Scientific research can still be conducted while allowing lifesaving implants, such as the pacemaker and VP shunts that you describe, but on the score of breast implants, I heartily disagree. On the issue of learning why silicone devices cause immune problems and correcting this, I heartily agree, but not with breast implants. The field of medicine should be about saving lives, not complicating them.

Patty

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 9:07 PM

The difference here is that cigarettes are not beneficial and implants are sometimes the only answer to some reconstructive problems so you have to weigh risks versus benefits. What about the silicone in VP shunts and on pacemakers and other implantable devices for which we have no other substitute. Banning implants is not the answer. Learning why these devices cause immune problems and correcting this is more intelligent. .

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:49 AM

These statements are so true!

Patty

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 7:25 AM

Subject:

Yesterday you posted about how Dr Feng still puts in implants and I wanted to add to you that in my own silly analogy I look at implants just like cigarettes, we all know someone probably who smoked and died from cancer right? And we all know someone probably who smoked till they were 90 and never got cancer, implants are like that in many many ways, not all smokers get sick right away and not all smokers get cancer, some just get bronchitis everyyear or an ugly cough, or bad skin, yellow teeth, age bad, have scratchy voices or loose there vocal chords and some end up with emphysema that kills them slowly over time. Not everyone gets sick a year or two after they start smoking, yet no one disputes the fact that cigarettes are deadly right? It is right there on the side of the box, surgeon generals warning, and yet you can purchase these for around $ 3 bucks at any 7-11, so if you think about it the fact that the government says implants are safe and sells them and they come with lots of warnings, and the fact that PS's still put them in, is just like the fact that they still sell cigarettes, at the corner store, the government is not going to stop people from killing themselves in this country or in most countries, I realize this may seem like a silly analogy but to me there is allot of commonality in this story.

Love,

PS Alcohol is also proven to cause sclerosis and other liver disease, it too has warnings, so things are not always safe that are legal and acceptable.

Patty: As one of the surgeons in this country who is treating large numbers of women with problems with saline implants, I am in a unique position to find out who is injured by implants and why. There is no other alternative currently for women with breast asymmetry and breast cancer in whom flaps are contraindicated. How do you explain that the majority of women do not have health problems with saline implants? I have had very few problems in my patients except if they overuse antibiotics. I do not agree with you that I have committed any ethical breeches. I am one of the few surgeons actively studying the problem. I have been attacked repeated for my statements on this group but I will continue to state the facts and offer solutions to very real problems that patients and plastic surgeons deal with daily. I also deal with medical ethics daily. .

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 1:10 PM

Subject: Re: For Dr. Kolb

We won't debate it. I have my opinion and I will state it, and I don't have to have 20 years experience as a plastic surgeon to be able to intelligently deduce that breast implants are not a necessity in the body after cancer. In my mind, it is an issue of ethics, and although I can respect your stature as a physician, Dr. Kolb, you are not any more qualified to discuss ethics than I am. When a woman has breast cancer, the first requirement for continued life is to get rid of the cancer, and return the body to health. An implant has nothing to do with that.

We also know that the majority of breast implants are done for cosmetic augmentation of healthy, non-diseased breasts. It is not an issue of restoring anything, and therefore, a totally frivolous, useless procedure in the biology of life.

For this reason, I state that the banning of implants for cosmetic augmentation is defendable.

I am not saying that I believe we should all make the effort to ban implants, because I KNOW that our America is a country influenced by power, politics, and men's egos. Banning implants will never happen. Sure, I would like to see a "safe" implant designed. I know that the market for this type of procedure will continue to be ripe, and this is the direction I think it should go. But, is it?

But, as a matter of ethics, my firm position is that without being able to identify which women have the potential to be harmed from implants, cosmetic augmentation of any healthy woman desiring implants should not be allowed. Experimenting on women is bad enough, but reckless tinkering of women's bodies without even having the INTENT to figure out why the harm is being done is criminal.

Patty

Patty: There are many patients were flaps are contraindicated and implants are the only option. You are not a reconstructive surgeon with 20 years experience so I do not wish to debate this with you. .

But, Dr. Kolb, breast implants are NOT NEEDED, even in some reconstructive surgeries. So, banning breast implants for the sake of cosmetic augmentation is entirely defendable. There is just no medical necessity here, and that is factual. It is societal issue that women perceive the need for implants after breast cancer, not a medical one.

Scientific research can still be conducted while allowing lifesaving implants, such as the pacemaker and VP shunts that you describe, but on the score of breast implants, I heartily disagree. On the issue of learning why silicone devices cause immune problems and correcting this, I heartily agree, but not with breast implants. The field of medicine should be about saving lives, not complicating them.

Patty

The difference here is that cigarettes are not beneficial and implants are sometimes the only answer to some reconstructive problems so you have to weigh risks versus benefits. What about the silicone in VP shunts and on pacemakers and other implantable devices for which we have no other substitute. Banning implants is not the answer. Learning why these devices cause immune problems and correcting this is more intelligent. .

Patty

Subject:

Yesterday you posted about how Dr Feng still puts in implants and I wanted to add to you that in my own silly analogy I look at implants just like cigarettes, we all know someone probably who smoked and died from cancer right? And we all know someone probably who smoked till they were 90 and never got cancer, implants are like that in many many ways, not all smokers get sick right away and not all smokers get cancer, some just get bronchitis everyyear or an ugly cough, or bad skin, yellow teeth, age bad, have scratchy voices or loose there vocal chords and some end up with emphysema that kills them slowly over time. Not everyone gets sick a year or two after they start smoking, yet no one disputes the fact that cigarettes are deadly right? It is right there on the side of the box, surgeon generals warning, and yet you can purchase these for around $ 3 bucks at any 7-11, so if you think about it the fact that the government says implants are safe and sells them and they come with lots of warnings, and the fact that PS's still put them in, is just like the fact that they still sell cigarettes, at the corner store, the government is not going to stop people from killing themselves in this country or in most countries, I realize this may seem like a silly analogy but to me there is allot of commonality in this story.

Love,

PS Alcohol is also proven to cause sclerosis and other liver disease, it too has warnings, so things are not always safe that are legal and acceptable.

Dr. Kolb,

You are wrong to assume that I am attacking you personally....if you read my statements, you will see that I am speaking on general terms regarding the IDEA that it is ethically acceptable to implant women for cosmetic augmentation as is currently being done today while we do not understand the mechanism for the disease process that occurs. The stance of the ASPRS treats those harmed as if they are the enemy, rather than casualties of their own medical treatment. Where is their compassion? I am sorry that you happen to be defending their position regarding implantation, but I can assure you that the attack is not on you personally.

I don't care how many women have implants that are perceived as being disease free at the moment....the numbers of women who have been severely harmed are large enough and the severity of the damage to their health is horrific enough that this nightmare needs to be stopped before others have their lives ruined needlessly. I am talking about women who were completely healthy before, like me, who have suffered horribly while being told that implants are completely safe. It would be one thing if the damage was reversible, but you know as well as I do that is rarely the case. I don't happen to share the view that it is OK to let them take that kind of chance, when so many myths about implants have been spread by plastic surgeons over the years. Myths still abound.

All I am saying is that it is wrong to take a perfectly healthy body and introduce on object purposely that may destroy that life when there is no medically necessary reason to do so, other than to fulfill a perceived "need" for larger breasts. It is futile, does not prolong life, does not contribute to health, does not do anything to increase the function of the mammary gland, and sadly, allows women to take their bodies and health for granted and act silly about the whole thing. Just witness the interaction on 's site, you'll know what I mean.

Perhaps I take a stark view of what is right and what is wrong in this whole issue. I just don't see how anyone could witness the destruction that occurs in some women's lives as a result of implants, and still think it is OK to take this chance. Yes, perhaps when there is a medical necessity, such as reconstruction or congenital deformity, since our society places such a great emphasis on "normality." But to take that kind of chance for the heck of it, because everyone else is doing it, and you think that larger breasts will bring you satisfaction?????? Crazy, just stupid, and very, very sad, isn't it? Not my definition of what medicine should be doing, when it says, "First, do no harm."

Patty

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 6:17 PM

Patty: As one of the surgeons in this country who is treating large numbers of women with problems with saline implants, I am in a unique position to find out who is injured by implants and why. There is no other alternative currently for women with breast asymmetry and breast cancer in whom flaps are contraindicated. How do you explain that the majority of women do not have health problems with saline implants? I have had very few problems in my patients except if they overuse antibiotics. I do not agree with you that I have committed any ethical breeches. I am one of the few surgeons actively studying the problem. I have been attacked repeated for my statements on this group but I will continue to state the facts and offer solutions to very real problems that patients and plastic surgeons deal with daily. I also deal with medical ethics daily. .

Patty

Patty

Patty

Subject:

Love,

Patty: Patients have died from penicillin reactions. Does this mean we should never again use antibiotics? I am trying to find answers for this issue and I am the only one to put together the holistic immune protocol yet some treat me like the enemy because I have saline implants. This view is petty and very narrow minded. The other support group leaders frequently offer there apologies for the attacks on your board. I have never experienced them on other boards...

Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 1:00 AM

Dr. Kolb,

You are wrong to assume that I am attacking you personally....if you read my statements, you will see that I am speaking on general terms regarding the IDEA that it is ethically acceptable to implant women for cosmetic augmentation as is currently being done today while we do not understand the mechanism for the disease process that occurs. The stance of the ASPRS treats those harmed as if they are the enemy, rather than casualties of their own medical treatment. Where is their compassion? I am sorry that you happen to be defending their position regarding implantation, but I can assure you that the attack is not on you personally.

I don't care how many women have implants that are perceived as being disease free at the moment....the numbers of women who have been severely harmed are large enough and the severity of the damage to their health is horrific enough that this nightmare needs to be stopped before others have their lives ruined needlessly. I am talking about women who were completely healthy before, like me, who have suffered horribly while being told that implants are completely safe. It would be one thing if the damage was reversible, but you know as well as I do that is rarely the case. I don't happen to share the view that it is OK to let them take that kind of chance, when so many myths about implants have been spread by plastic surgeons over the years. Myths still abound.

All I am saying is that it is wrong to take a perfectly healthy body and introduce on object purposely that may destroy that life when there is no medically necessary reason to do so, other than to fulfill a perceived "need" for larger breasts. It is futile, does not prolong life, does not contribute to health, does not do anything to increase the function of the mammary gland, and sadly, allows women to take their bodies and health for granted and act silly about the whole thing. Just witness the interaction on 's site, you'll know what I mean.

Perhaps I take a stark view of what is right and what is wrong in this whole issue. I just don't see how anyone could witness the destruction that occurs in some women's lives as a result of implants, and still think it is OK to take this chance. Yes, perhaps when there is a medical necessity, such as reconstruction or congenital deformity, since our society places such a great emphasis on "normality." But to take that kind of chance for the heck of it, because everyone else is doing it, and you think that larger breasts will bring you satisfaction?????? Crazy, just stupid, and very, very sad, isn't it? Not my definition of what medicine should be doing, when it says, "First, do no harm."

Patty

Patty

Patty

Patty

Subject:

Love,

Can you show me not just one, but a number of cases where a completely healthy person walked into a doctors office and asked for a healthy dose of penicillin just because they wanted it, (not actually medically needed) was cheerfully given it, and then died from it?

Unless you can, your analogy to penicillin doesn't work.

Penicillin is a biologically necessary medical tool used to fight infection, whereas breast implants are not so. Biologically, they contribute nothing. Functionally, to the life of the host, they contribute nothing, whereas organ transplants and other silicone devices do. Breast implants, cheek implants, calf implants, chin implants, buttock implants and all the others are in a class by themselves as being completely medically unnecessary from a biological standpoint. This specialty of plastic surgery could stop tomorrow and no one would be the worse off for it. It is medical foo-foo.

Please understand that this support group is for those who have been harmed by implants. You were invited because you claim to have a protocol that helps women overcome their health challenges as a result of exposure to silicone or saline breast implants, and that you also were harmed by implants. I welcome your suggestions for healing, and have never said anything against you or your protocol.

However, coming to this support group and defending implants is like having a terrorist victim coming to a terrorist victim support group and then defending terrorism. Not likely to be well received, is it?

I don't care whether you have saline implants or not. That is your business. But I do care if you come to this group to defend implants. You were not invited for that reason. The majority of us have been harmed by implants and need healing. Nothing you can say will ever make me believe that implants are safe or to condone their usage. I am certainly not alone in this viewpoint. Not until there is a completely safe and natural way proven to substantially increase breast size, and that will harm NO ONE will I ever condone breast augmentation.

As to your comment regarding other support group leaders, I can clarify that for you. There are only a few of us....I know who they are, and letters are frequently cc'd, so I am sorry to say there aren't very many secrets around here. I also know that you are no longer being recommended by some of "these other group leaders" due to your frequent threats to sue the victims on this board.

, I am not trying to attack you. My goal with this group is clearly stated. Please read it again. I am glad you are trying to find answers for this problem. We are here to help others heal and to regain health. We are supporting each other through our journey of healing because breast implants have taken away so much from us. We had our health, our lives destroyed. Please do not come here to try to defend implants, because it really isn't what this group is about.

Sincerely,

Patty

---- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 7:06 AM

Patty: Patients have died from penicillin reactions. Does this mean we should never again use antibiotics? I am trying to find answers for this issue and I am the only one to put together the holistic immune protocol yet some treat me like the enemy because I have saline implants. This view is petty and very narrow minded. The other support group leaders frequently offer there apologies for the attacks on your board. I have never experienced them on other boards...

Dr. Kolb,

Patty

Patty

Patty

Patty

Subject:

Love,

Patty: Breast implants are also used for functional deformities caused by conditions such as breast asymmetry and after mastectomy. Many other silicone implants such as VP shunts are functional. Patty, when statements are made against my professional character with no basis in fact and solely made for purposes of harming me, I have every right to point out the potential legal consequences of such statements. We all should be responsible for our written statements. Please reread these posts for I am stating facts and not threatening to sue people. These victims have twisted what I have said and used it to attack me and then complained that no doctors took their illness seriously. .

Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 3:54 PM

Can you show me not just one, but a number of cases where a completely healthy person walked into a doctors office and asked for a healthy dose of penicillin just because they wanted it, (not actually medically needed) was cheerfully given it, and then died from it?

Unless you can, your analogy to penicillin doesn't work.

Penicillin is a biologically necessary medical tool used to fight infection, whereas breast implants are not so. Biologically, they contribute nothing. Functionally, to the life of the host, they contribute nothing, whereas organ transplants and other silicone devices do. Breast implants, cheek implants, calf implants, chin implants, buttock implants and all the others are in a class by themselves as being completely medically unnecessary from a biological standpoint. This specialty of plastic surgery could stop tomorrow and no one would be the worse off for it. It is medical foo-foo.

Please understand that this support group is for those who have been harmed by implants. You were invited because you claim to have a protocol that helps women overcome their health challenges as a result of exposure to silicone or saline breast implants, and that you also were harmed by implants. I welcome your suggestions for healing, and have never said anything against you or your protocol.

However, coming to this support group and defending implants is like having a terrorist victim coming to a terrorist victim support group and then defending terrorism. Not likely to be well received, is it?

I don't care whether you have saline implants or not. That is your business. But I do care if you come to this group to defend implants. You were not invited for that reason. The majority of us have been harmed by implants and need healing. Nothing you can say will ever make me believe that implants are safe or to condone their usage. I am certainly not alone in this viewpoint. Not until there is a completely safe and natural way proven to substantially increase breast size, and that will harm NO ONE will I ever condone breast augmentation.

As to your comment regarding other support group leaders, I can clarify that for you. There are only a few of us....I know who they are, and letters are frequently cc'd, so I am sorry to say there aren't very many secrets around here. I also know that you are no longer being recommended by some of "these other group leaders" due to your frequent threats to sue the victims on this board.

, I am not trying to attack you. My goal with this group is clearly stated. Please read it again. I am glad you are trying to find answers for this problem. We are here to help others heal and to regain health. We are supporting each other through our journey of healing because breast implants have taken away so much from us. We had our health, our lives destroyed. Please do not come here to try to defend implants, because it really isn't what this group is about.

Sincerely,

Patty

---- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 7:06 AM

Dr. Kolb,

Patty

Patty

Patty

Patty

Subject:

Love,

• 8 months later...

I had saline implants put in 14yrs. ago and the last 4 yrs. I have been suffering with terrible muscle and joint pain. I have been to UCLA and Mayo and recently to a fibromyalgia hospital in Chicago. They gave me a book called the Yeast Connection and a prescription for Nystatin (yeast killer) they gave me directions for a very strict diet. I haven't started it yet because I'm too weak to plan these special meals.

Is this something that I should look into before I get my implants taken out? Do you know anyone who had an overgrowth of yeast and was very ill because of it? Could the bacteria from my implants be related to a yeast problem? The doctor there told me that a question/answer test about Candida was all he needed to diagnose me. Do you have sugar cravings? Do you take anti-biotics? etc.

After I have my implants taken out could I still be in pain because of this yeast thing? Should I have some medical yeast test done here in Las Vegas?

I'm sorry that this is so long-I want to have my implants taken out ASAP and I'm just worried that I might not be better. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high. Thank you for being there for all is us- you are an angel. Daryl

Most of the patients I have seen with illness from saline implants have systemic Candidiasis and bacteria. I treat both before and after surgery. If you do not get such treatment, explantation may exacerbate the symptoms and delay your recovery. It is critical to have a detoxification and immune program as well. Your insurance should cover this procedure. .

-----Original Message-----From: Daryl [mailto:daryljean@...]Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 3:40 AM Subject: Re: For Dr. Kolb

I had saline implants put in 14yrs. ago and the last 4 yrs. I have been suffering with terrible muscle and joint pain. I have been to UCLA and Mayo and recently to a fibromyalgia hospital in Chicago. They gave me a book called the Yeast Connection and a prescription for Nystatin (yeast killer) they gave me directions for a very strict diet. I haven't started it yet because I'm too weak to plan these special meals.

Is this something that I should look into before I get my implants taken out? Do you know anyone who had an overgrowth of yeast and was very ill because of it? Could the bacteria from my implants be related to a yeast problem? The doctor there told me that a question/answer test about Candida was all he needed to diagnose me. Do you have sugar cravings? Do you take anti-biotics? etc.

After I have my implants taken out could I still be in pain because of this yeast thing? Should I have some medical yeast test done here in Las Vegas?

I'm sorry that this is so long-I want to have my implants taken out ASAP and I'm just worried that I might not be better. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high. Thank you for being there for all is us- you are an angel. Daryl

I read once that a sweet craving means the body really

wants/needs protein. . .in my experience, this is so.

Yeast problems can occur without implants. . .a compromised

immune system can help it grow and the immune system can

be weak just due to a poor diet. . .but yeast thrives on sugar. . .

when my sugar cravings became more frequent I ate more

protein and the carvings subsided--I don't know if there was an overabundance of yeast or not. I think one's acid-alkaline balance

(again which can be off due to diet) has a lot to do with this.

Someone recently mentioned Hulda 's vitamins--Hulda

used to focus on yeast about 18 years ago--it would be interesting

to get her input also.

I believe there are tests for yeasts and fungi (sp?)

Daryl

I would love to talk to you and answer any questions that you have.

I can tell you that as much as everone tried to tell me I had this yeast thing going on I never did believe in it 100%. I did plenty of detoxing and yeast free diets, took the nystatin and a few doses of diflucan and this stuff did nothing for me till I got the implants out. For me most of my symptoms just went away slowly after removal. I have always had chocolate sweet and cookie cravings at times in my life ha ha ha, I think it is BS to blame everything on yeast, but at the same time I do believe on some levels that this can be an underlying problem. Do I believe that it is the answer to everything? NOPE!

I believe the implants are the problem and for most of us just getting them out and doing it properly and then taking care of ourselves and having a good positive outlook is the best thing we can do.

I think you will get better if you get the implants out, it will take time, it won't all happen overnight, but you didn't get sick over night either right?

Hey listen I think going to Ohio would be good for you, if you want to check out Dr Feng her website is www.drfeng.com, you can also call her(the number is on the site) and you can find out the specifics.

There are other PS's too, and I do occasionally recommend them, but I have said it many times, I went to Feng, I love her, she did a great job, I am healthy and happy now and I would highly recommend the time the cost etc to go to her. You can make up your own mind and talk to others who have been to other Dr's, but that is my own experience.

I think you would be happy with the way they give you so much TLC there too, you sound like me, that you need a little bit of that, or allot. That was part of my choice to use her, her sweet attitude, concern, and expertise.

Call her, find out when they have an opening and in my opinion if you can, book it.

You will need help the first 24 hours for sure,. but you probably will be fine after that. You will have drains and they can be a nuisance, but with all the stuff in there you will be happy to see it come out. Plan for a good 7 days there on the safe side, but you should be ready to fly out by the 3rd or 4th day. You will be tired, but it will be ok, the flying is not that hard and you will be glad to have this mess behind you.

any other things I can help with please feel free to write me.

If you want other choices of course there is Always in Atlanta, I have not seen pics of her work, but the ladies who have used her have been pleased. Hopefully will post soon about how she is doing.

hugs

Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 1:39 AM

Good. As I said, she was very knowledgable about yeast--that

was her focus at the time--I'll bet her insights re cancer and other

things are fairly remarkable or they wouldn't be after her the way

they are. Will be anxious to hear all the radio shows.

Bonnie

I interviewed Dr. on my radio show regarding cancer. She had to sneak over to San Diego to call and risked arrest by the authorities. Scary, isn't it. She had some very interesting thing to say about cancer. We are going to be putting the digitized radio shows up on the website. www.templeofhealth.ws soon. The radio show had helped me to develop the silicone immune protocol as some doctors were reluctant to share information until I interviewed then on the show. We have been doing the radio show for 4 years now. .

-----Original Message-----From: Bos@... [mailto:Bos@...]Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 1:21 PM Subject: Re: For Dr. KolbI read once that a sweet craving means the body really wants/needs protein. . .in my experience, this is so. Yeast problems can occur without implants. . .a compromised immune system can help it grow and the immune system can be weak just due to a poor diet. . .but yeast thrives on sugar. . . when my sugar cravings became more frequent I ate more protein and the carvings subsided--I don't know if there was an overabundance of yeast or not. I think one's acid-alkaline balance (again which can be off due to diet) has a lot to do with this. Someone recently mentioned Hulda 's vitamins--Hulda used to focus on yeast about 18 years ago--it would be interesting to get her input also. I believe there are tests for yeasts and fungi (sp?)

Patty: One of the funniest shows happened two weeks ago when a cockroach crawled up my leg during the live show. I was dancing around trying to get it out of my pants while Dr. Clofine had to continue to talk and not crack up. Fortunantly, he is also my gynecolgist. It should be a great laugh as I thought it might be a spider as I take care of lots of difficult spider bites. The cochroach didn't bite me but did leave a brown spot on my scrubs. .

-----Original Message-----From: ~*Patty*~ [mailto:fdp@...]Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 12:07 AM Subject: Re: For Dr. Kolb

I'm looking forward to being able to access it . Thanks for letting us know!

Patty

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 8:28 PM

Subject: RE: For Dr. Kolb

I interviewed Dr. on my radio show regarding cancer. She had to sneak over to San Diego to call and risked arrest by the authorities. Scary, isn't it. She had some very interesting thing to say about cancer. We are going to be putting the digitized radio shows up on the website. www.templeofhealth.ws soon. The radio show had helped me to develop the silicone immune protocol as some doctors were reluctant to share information until I interviewed then on the show. We have been doing the radio show for 4 years now. .

-----Original Message-----From: Bos@... [mailto:Bos@...]Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 1:21 PM Subject: Re: For Dr. KolbI read once that a sweet craving means the body really wants/needs protein. . .in my experience, this is so. Yeast problems can occur without implants. . .a compromised immune system can help it grow and the immune system can be weak just due to a poor diet. . .but yeast thrives on sugar. . . when my sugar cravings became more frequent I ate more protein and the carvings subsided--I don't know if there was an overabundance of yeast or not. I think one's acid-alkaline balance (again which can be off due to diet) has a lot to do with this. Someone recently mentioned Hulda 's vitamins--Hulda used to focus on yeast about 18 years ago--it would be interesting to get her input also. I believe there are tests for yeasts and fungi (sp?)

I'm looking forward to being able to access it . Thanks for letting us know!

Patty

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 8:28 PM

I also crave chocolate and sweets around my period, this means it is PMS related. I just think that yes, yeast can be this problem, but also it is not wise to blame everything on yeast.

I for one never get yeast infections, I just maybe have had one or two my whole life, once was when I was on all those antibiotics from the H pylori.

I also know allot of the naturopathic dr's tell you that yeast can still be an issue if you don't have a yeast infection, which may be true, but lets be careful when we assume that it is yeast all the time, because they can take you for lots of $$$$ selling the supplements for yeast too.

In reality I still think for most of us, getting the implants out, is the best and biggest step to take towards our healing!

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 11:20 AM

I read once that a sweet craving means the body really wants/needs protein. . .in my experience, this is so. Yeast problems can occur without implants. . .a compromised immune system can help it grow and the immune system can be weak just due to a poor diet. . .but yeast thrives on sugar. . . when my sugar cravings became more frequent I ate more protein and the carvings subsided--I don't know if there was an overabundance of yeast or not. I think one's acid-alkaline balance (again which can be off due to diet) has a lot to do with this. Someone recently mentioned Hulda 's vitamins--Hulda used to focus on yeast about 18 years ago--it would be interesting to get her input also. I believe there are tests for yeasts and fungi (sp?)

: Most of the patients that Dr. Blais has examined their implants have fungus as a primary problem. A rheumatolgist looked at 3000 silicone patients and told me that 3000 had yeast. You had all the symptoms of a systemic fungal infection after your explant. I told you this at the time and recommended Diflucan and you disagreed with me. You would had had a much faster recovery if you had taken my advice then. The supplement program is specifically designed to correct the immune defect that causes the yeast problem so please let this be unless you do the research. When patients finish the yeast medicine and have not been on the detox and immune program long enough, they typically relapse. I agree that getting the implants out is important but so is the immune therapy and the treatment of the yeast and bacteria. The supplement program is approximately $200/ month so what is the point? .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 9:55 AM Subject: Re: For Dr. Kolb

I also crave chocolate and sweets around my period, this means it is PMS related. I just think that yes, yeast can be this problem, but also it is not wise to blame everything on yeast.

I for one never get yeast infections, I just maybe have had one or two my whole life, once was when I was on all those antibiotics from the H pylori.

I also know allot of the naturopathic dr's tell you that yeast can still be an issue if you don't have a yeast infection, which may be true, but lets be careful when we assume that it is yeast all the time, because they can take you for lots of $$$$ selling the supplements for yeast too.

In reality I still think for most of us, getting the implants out, is the best and biggest step to take towards our healing!

I read once that a sweet craving means the body really wants/needs protein. . .in my experience, this is so. Yeast problems can occur without implants. . .a compromised immune system can help it grow and the immune system can be weak just due to a poor diet. . .but yeast thrives on sugar. . . when my sugar cravings became more frequent I ate more protein and the carvings subsided--I don't know if there was an overabundance of yeast or not. I think one's acid-alkaline balance (again which can be off due to diet) has a lot to do with this. Someone recently mentioned Hulda 's vitamins--Hulda used to focus on yeast about 18 years ago--it would be interesting to get her input also. I believe there are tests for yeasts and fungi (sp?)

Hi Ladies,

I finally have to 'jump in' on this discussion re a couple of points. Dr. Kolb is so much "on the same wave length" as a couple of TX Environmental & Toxic Disorder physicians who have been well known in this issue for more than 12+ years that I know of ..... three Reputable Physicians that agree of most of these issues, simply cannot be wrong! We have Dr. in Houston & Dr. Wm. Rea in Dallas --- and there are at least a half dozen more in other states. I know they cannot all be 'wrong' about certain things, and MSM is one; Glucosamine is another, Vitamin C, etc. I could go on & on, yet why! ?

I spent 2-years, at least 4xs per week on antioxidant IV Therapy with my Dallas internist, because I found at least 6 BI Informed Physicians who agreed with some form of this therapy. I was living & working with a Heparin Lock in my arms or hands for all that time. It worked, and I was more than seriously ill just prior to my explant surgery!

YES, my insurance paid for every single IV bag pumped into my body, and so does Medicare!

Bottom Line: When you find a physician you have faith in helping you on your road to wellness, you cannot expect to get there if you cannot trust, and follow protocol 100%

'Been There & 'Done It!

MM

Martha Murdock, DirectorNational Silicone Implant Foundation | Dallas Headquarters"Supporting Survivors of Medical Implant Devices"4416 Willow LaneDallas, TX 75244-7537

Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 11:07 PM

: Most of the patients that Dr. Blais has examined their implants have fungus as a primary problem. A rheumatolgist looked at 3000 silicone patients and told me that 3000 had yeast. You had all the symptoms of a systemic fungal infection after your explant. I told you this at the time and recommended Diflucan and you disagreed with me. You would had had a much faster recovery if you had taken my advice then. The supplement program is specifically designed to correct the immune defect that causes the yeast problem so please let this be unless you do the research. When patients finish the yeast medicine and have not been on the detox and immune program long enough, they typically relapse. I agree that getting the implants out is important but so is the immune therapy and the treatment of the yeast and bacteria. The supplement program is approximately $200/ month so what is the point? .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 9:55 AM Subject: Re: For Dr. Kolb

Dear

I didn't have an extra $200 a month I guess that is the point. I didn't have ANY money at all when I got explanted so I had no money to pay my house payment let alone to go on a supervised program. If it took me longer to get better than so be it I really had no other alternatives. My poor parents loaned me the money to get my implants out, after that I had nothing , I had a daughter to support and a house and bills to pay, so I had to do what I had to do, if I could buy a few groceries each month that was a good thing. I agree that if you can afford to do a supervised program that is wonderful and I never ever said your program was not good, I recomend it highly to people all the time. I guess my point which may have gotten lost in all the posts here was that if you can't do it the way you recomend you can get well doing it the way I did. Maybe it is not the best or perfect way, but it worked for me. I am not yet 2 years post explant and I am better. I also could not afford diflucan, those pills cost about what $25 a piece??? I got a script for them once and it was like 200 bucks for about 10 or less. I had to buy 4 of them with my hard earned money and that was not enough to do anything for me. THe insurance refused to pay for them. They did pay for nystatin and I took that for 2 months but that was before my explant when I was trying to keep the implants.

your program is wonderful I am not and have never ever said it was not wonderful. It just was not something I could afford. I was living pay check to pay check then and I could not ask my parents to give me anymore money. It was just the way I did things. I did do yeast free diets at first but found that for the most part when I went off them I didn't feel any different.

Dr Blais did analyze my implants and told me there was streptolococus,(sp?) but never mentioned yeast, I am not sure I ever had it or not to be honest. Anyhow I am better now, I guess I did the poor mans detox program.

That was my point. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. So what do you recomend for people who cannot afford $200 bucks a month? to some of us that is all we have to support our families!

Take care

C

Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 10:07 PM

Martha

You are very blessed to be able to get that kind of therapy paid for by insurance most of us cannot get this kind of alternative treatment covered by insurance.

hugs

Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 12:08 AM

Hi Ladies,

I finally have to 'jump in' on this discussion re a couple of points. Dr. Kolb is so much "on the same wave length" as a couple of TX Environmental & Toxic Disorder physicians who have been well known in this issue for more than 12+ years that I know of ..... three Reputable Physicians that agree of most of these issues, simply cannot be wrong! We have Dr. in Houston & Dr. Wm. Rea in Dallas --- and there are at least a half dozen more in other states. I know they cannot all be 'wrong' about certain things, and MSM is one; Glucosamine is another, Vitamin C, etc. I could go on & on, yet why! ?

I spent 2-years, at least 4xs per week on antioxidant IV Therapy with my Dallas internist, because I found at least 6 BI Informed Physicians who agreed with some form of this therapy. I was living & working with a Heparin Lock in my arms or hands for all that time. It worked, and I was more than seriously ill just prior to my explant surgery!

YES, my insurance paid for every single IV bag pumped into my body, and so does Medicare!

Bottom Line: When you find a physician you have faith in helping you on your road to wellness, you cannot expect to get there if you cannot trust, and follow protocol 100%

'Been There & 'Done It!

MM

Martha Murdock, DirectorNational Silicone Implant Foundation | Dallas Headquarters"Supporting Survivors of Medical Implant Devices"4416 Willow LaneDallas, TX 75244-7537

Yes I agree it does not have to cost a fortune, for me though I find that i feel better if I take a minimal amount of supplements and just take in a good nutritional diet. As for what I do think is great is garlic and oregano oil, and the MSM and calcium and vit D

love

c

Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 3:22 PM

:You can probably get these same "cleansing" detox and nutritional supplements at Vitamin Shoppe for half the price. Supplements can be expensive but Vitamin Shoppe has great sales too. Go where you can get a good honest deal--it's out there, you just need to know where to shop.-Marie

I have interviewed both of these doctors on the radio show. We all had a great time sharing information. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 11:20 AM Subject: Re: For Dr. Kolb

Martha

You are very blessed to be able to get that kind of therapy paid for by insurance most of us cannot get this kind of alternative treatment covered by insurance.

hugs

Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 12:08 AM

Hi Ladies,

'Been There & 'Done It!

MM

: Most of my patients have explantations covered by their insurance company so this gives them plenty of money for the supplement program. I understand that other surgeons do not precert the procedure and so no coverage is available as many plans require precertification. You did however have the $3000 for Feng's mastopexy. Mine is $2000 so that would have given you $1000 for supplements as well. .

-----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 11:13 AM Subject: Re: For Dr. Kolb

Dear

I didn't have an extra $200 a month I guess that is the point. I didn't have ANY money at all when I got explanted so I had no money to pay my house payment let alone to go on a supervised program. If it took me longer to get better than so be it I really had no other alternatives. My poor parents loaned me the money to get my implants out, after that I had nothing , I had a daughter to support and a house and bills to pay, so I had to do what I had to do, if I could buy a few groceries each month that was a good thing. I agree that if you can afford to do a supervised program that is wonderful and I never ever said your program was not good, I recomend it highly to people all the time. I guess my point which may have gotten lost in all the posts here was that if you can't do it the way you recomend you can get well doing it the way I did. Maybe it is not the best or perfect way, but it worked for me. I am not yet 2 years post explant and I am better. I also could not afford diflucan, those pills cost about what $25 a piece??? I got a script for them once and it was like 200 bucks for about 10 or less. I had to buy 4 of them with my hard earned money and that was not enough to do anything for me. THe insurance refused to pay for them. They did pay for nystatin and I took that for 2 months but that was before my explant when I was trying to keep the implants.

your program is wonderful I am not and have never ever said it was not wonderful. It just was not something I could afford. I was living pay check to pay check then and I could not ask my parents to give me anymore money. It was just the way I did things. I did do yeast free diets at first but found that for the most part when I went off them I didn't feel any different.

Dr Blais did analyze my implants and told me there was streptolococus,(sp?) but never mentioned yeast, I am not sure I ever had it or not to be honest. Anyhow I am better now, I guess I did the poor mans detox program.

That was my point. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. So what do you recomend for people who cannot afford $200 bucks a month? to some of us that is all we have to support our families!

Take care

C

Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 10:07 PM

I would rather spend the money once instead of a few times trying to fix things! You kow all about that and I am glad that you are here to educate people as to be careful of the choices they make!

Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 12:25 AM

:I think you spent your money wisely. Yeah, Feng's expensive, but you're in good hands.LM

I am under the belief that many ps' do precert the procedure. Granted, a mastopexy will never be covered by insr, but more and more companies are okaying explantation. And most doctors will automatically submit a request for precert/preauth as well as a treatment plan, and documentation of medical necessity. Now, if a woman is not having any health problems and simply wants them out, chances are insr may not pay for them. But with the work I've done with insr companies, most will pay if medically necessary, and almost all docs do get precert/preauth. And in my experience working with ps who do explant, even if it's not medically necessary, they will still try to get precert/preauth and get the insr company to pay. And I've seen this happen all over the country including the SE, NW, South, SW, and Rocky Mtn Region. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Dr. Kolb Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 8:56 PM Subject: RE: For Dr. Kolb : Most of my patients have explantations covered by their insurance company so this gives them plenty of money for the supplement program. I understand that other surgeons do not precert the procedure and so no coverage is available as many plans require precertification. You did however have the $3000 for Feng's mastopexy. Mine is $2000 so that would have given you $1000 for supplements as well. . -----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 11:13 AM Subject: Re: For Dr. Kolb Dear I didn't have an extra $200 a month I guess that is the point. I didn't have ANY money at all when I got explanted so I had no money to pay my house payment let alone to go on a supervised program. If it took me longer to get better than so be it I really had no other alternatives. My poor parents loaned me the money to get my implants out, after that I had nothing , I had a daughter to support and a house and bills to pay, so I had to do what I had to do, if I could buy a few groceries each month that was a good thing. I agree that if you can afford to do a supervised program that is wonderful and I never ever said your program was not good, I recomend it highly to people all the time. I guess my point which may have gotten lost in all the posts here was that if you can't do it the way you recomend you can get well doing it the way I did. Maybe it is not the best or perfect way, but it worked for me. I am not yet 2 years post explant and I am better. I also could not afford diflucan, those pills cost about what $25 a piece??? I got a script for them once and it was like 200 bucks for about 10 or less. I had to buy 4 of them with my hard earned money and that was not enough to do anything for me. THe insurance refused to pay for them. They did pay for nystatin and I took that for 2 months but that was before my explant when I was trying to keep the implants. your program is wonderful I am not and have never ever said it was not wonderful. It just was not something I could afford. I was living pay check to pay check then and I could not ask my parents to give me anymore money. It was just the way I did things. I did do yeast free diets at first but found that for the most part when I went off them I didn't feel any different. Dr Blais did analyze my implants and told me there was streptolococus,(sp?) but never mentioned yeast, I am not sure I ever had it or not to be honest. Anyhow I am better now, I guess I did the poor mans detox program. That was my point. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. So what do you recomend for people who cannot afford $200 bucks a month? to some of us that is all we have to support our families! Take care C ----- Original Message ----- From: Dr. Kolb Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 10:07 PM Subject: RE: For Dr. Kolb : Most of the patients that Dr. Blais has examined their implants have fungus as a primary problem. A rheumatolgist looked at 3000 silicone patients and told me that 3000 had yeast. You had all the symptoms of a systemic fungal infection after your explant. I told you this at the time and recommended Diflucan and you disagreed with me. You would had had a much faster recovery if you had taken my advice then. The supplement program is specifically designed to correct the immune defect that causes the yeast problem so please let this be unless you do the research. When patients finish the yeast medicine and have not been on the detox and immune program long enough, they typically relapse. I agree that getting the implants out is important but so is the immune therapy and the treatment of the yeast and bacteria. The supplement program is approximately $200/ month so what is the point? . -----Original Message-----From: Heer [mailto:idagirl@...]Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 9:55 AM Subject: Re: For Dr. Kolb I also crave chocolate and sweets around my period, this means it is PMS related. I just think that yes, yeast can be this problem, but also it is not wise to blame everything on yeast. I for one never get yeast infections, I just maybe have had one or two my whole life, once was when I was on all those antibiotics from the H pylori. I also know allot of the naturopathic dr's tell you that yeast can still be an issue if you don't have a yeast infection, which may be true, but lets be careful when we assume that it is yeast all the time, because they can take you for lots of $$$$ selling the supplements for yeast too. In reality I still think for most of us, getting the implants out, is the best and biggest step to take towards our healing! ----- Original Message ----- From: Bos@... Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 11:20 AM Subject: Re: For Dr. Kolb I read once that a sweet craving means the body really wants/needs protein. . .in my experience, this is so. Yeast problems can occur without implants. . .a compromised immune system can help it grow and the immune system can be weak just due to a poor diet. . .but yeast thrives on sugar. . . when my sugar cravings became more frequent I ate more protein and the carvings subsided--I don't know if there was an overabundance of yeast or not. I think one's acid-alkaline balance (again which can be off due to diet) has a lot to do with this. Someone recently mentioned Hulda 's vitamins--Hulda used to focus on yeast about 18 years ago--it would be interesting to get her input also. I believe there are tests for yeasts and fungi (sp?)