RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Good News!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Did he get a prosthesis? Usually our first couple of hearing tests are not amazing, and we don't see tons of improvement until a few months post op. If his hearing loss is conductive, I highly recommend trying the prosthesis. I know sometimes there are negative stories on the group, but we have had great results, and it only had to be replaced because she had regrowth last year that grew onto the prosthesis. She has also had a hearing aid in the past and that was great, too.

Wyatt is defintely one of the kids I have prayed for in this long struggle. It keeps me from getting too focused on our problems to remember our ctoma " family " as well. I am glad to hear things are going in the right direction. A surgery with no regrowth is a VERY good sign that he is on his way to recovery!

Blessings!

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Diane S <diane_s31@...> wrote:

..what fabulous news about Chloe!!!!  I am thrilled to hear that there can be an end to this long road..!  Wyatt is not quite there.. yet, but his second look in late August didn't show any new Ctoma growth-- but his hearing is still quite diminished.  We'll know better next month.  

Best wishes for a continued C-toma free ear!!! 

~diane

Guest guest

My son will NOT have to be serial casted. Not now anyway. Went to the

physiatrist this morning and his range of motion has actually increased

since January not decreased. His feet are bad but he doesn't feel the casts

would help that much if he just does his stretching correctly 3-4 days a

week that will benefit enough. I am so happy!

Lori

Guest guest

Glad that you are feeling better and back with your fitness regimen!! Go Daisy go!!

Liliann

412/390

From: Daisy <sweeetdaisy@...>100-plus Sent: Fri, July 16, 2010 10:45:30 AMSubject: good news!

Hey yall,I am feeling better today!! ! I'm hoping that blah feeling has passed.Whatever was going on seems to be moving on,Thank God!I am back to feeling more like myself. I worked out yesterday.I did 100 kettlebell swings,not all at once mind you,but in sets of 10 @10 x's ea set.For some reason it never occurred to me yesterday that I also did 100 squats!!! Can you believe that??? It didn't even register yesterday! For the swings,you squat down,swing out the kettlebell as you come up and suppose to snap your hips and squeeze your glutes and go back to a squat (so I guess that means I did 200 squats!!) as the

kettlebell comes back down.And the best news is,my thighs do not feel any worse for wear.I still cannot do a lunge but I sure can squat!! I couldn't even do that when I first started. I just went as far down as I could go(more of a dip than a squat) and come back up,but now I can do a full squat,100 of them!!!!My other good news is, the intense hunger pangs seems to be subsiding as well.I didn't do anything different,I didn't eat more,I just did my best to ignore the growling,knowing I ate and having to keep reminding myself I did and what I ate helped keep me in control.Last night I had 1 serving (one bowl) of Meatballs in Gravy over egg noodles and some sweet tea and I didn't eat anything else the rest of the night. I also couldn't sleep so I ended up washing clothes again at midnight!At first my stomach was growling and that was wearing on my nerves so I kept tossing and turning and finally just gave up trying to to sleep,so I

just got up.I don't know at what point it finally stopped growling but it finally did and I didn't even really notice that it had stopped and was just relaxing. I didn't go to bed till 2:00 but the good news is,I woke up my usual time.just before 7:00,something like 6:46 or something and I have pretty much been up since. And,I don't feel ravenous!! woohooo!!!!Sure I feel hungry (cause I haven't ate yet) but it's not intense. I'd have no problems ignoring it,This is what my hunger normally feels like.Not starving,but could eat but I would be able to go without eating if I got caught up in something.Just yesterday I could not go without eating.I absolutely had to eat,I was that hungry! and I really had to struggle with not eating more and more often.It took a lot of willpower not to eat more,but today I don't have to have or use any willpower at all,well except to make myself get off this puter and go eat something! LOLAnd with

that,have great day ladies, ttyl,Daisy