RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Evening Primrose Oil and breast size

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just got through reading the book "Evening Primrose Oil" by Judy Graham, who suffers from MS.

Apparently this essential fatty acid supplement has helped her and others greatly.

However, a very interesting side comment in the book discussed the increase in breast size that sometimes occurs with this supplement. Here's what it says

(pg. 43):

"An interesting, unexpected and usually welcome effect of evening primrose oil in some women is that it seems to make their breasts bigger. No one knows exactly why. This was first reported in 1981 at a symposium on evening primrose oil when several women, quite unsolicited (and unsoliciting), revealed that they had gone up several bra sizes since first taking evening primrose oil--but without putting on weight anywhere else. The journalist Pearl was the first to put this beneficial side effect on the record, but her evidence was supported by several other women, too. All the evidence so far has been purely anecdotal, and there have been no studies to investigate this phenomenon.

"The two surgeons who conducted the benign breast disease trial, Preece and Rober Mansel, remarked that they had seen no evidence of any increase in breast size in any of the women on their trial. Dr. Mike Brush of St. ' Hospital, on the other hand, says there were some remarks about this happening among the women in his PMS group. However, it's worth noting that the women who have reported bigger breasts have usually been taking evening primrose oil for more than six months; in some cases for years.

"Note": In the time I have been taking evening primrose oil (since 1974) I have gone up from a 36B to a 38DD without putting on weight anywhere else."

That sounds good to me!~

I've got a bottle of this in my fridge and I will give it a good go, for my health of course, but I'm hoping for this side effect, too!

Patty