RemedySpot.com

Sharon

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well said Sharon...I guess it takes a story like you described to make us appreciate what's really important...friends and family and living to see another day.

Thanks for the reminder...

• 2 months later...

Sharon, I felt compelled to write-before I had even finished your letter. You and your experiences (whether bad or good) bring so much to this list. Since you and I and the other ol'timers miss the warmth and conversation that we use to have...its up to us to bring it back!! I realize that often time and our busy lives prevent us from spending hours chit-chatting...still, it takes seconds for a kind word or smile.

It seems that lately I have needed this group more because of the concerns I am experiencing with my ICD...and what a comfort to know that in my little world, when no one (including my dear family and friends) understands what I am feeling...you are all here, and just seconds away. What a blessing, and I guess I have been negligent in expressing my appreciation.

Sharon...please don't ever think that you are alone or un-loved...we share something priceless. Thank you for all your kindness, words of encouragement and presence--to the rest of you, the same.

I'll try to bring more to this group, in the meantime, my thoughts and prayers to you all!

"Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."

-- Dickens

Dearest ,

You made me cry! A few years back I thought I would crack up after my first icd fired more than 58 times in 4 hours, The fear was so overwhelming that I refused to have another unit installed. Having to be life flighted to the Cleveland Clinic getting shocked ever 4 minuets even though they gave me Versed clear back then I still remember the pain and the fear. I also remember the face of a flight nurse who took my hand and said don't let go we will get you there I'll be right here with you all the way no matter what.

When I finally agreed to have a new icd after being found unresponsive 2 weeks before my only daughters wedding and then having that unit malfunction and repeatedly fire over 63 times before it was shut down I gave up. Then I found my way to this board and here I learned to grow. I learned about compassion and friendship. I learned about others much worse off than myself. I learned about humor. I learned there is life after a icd even when you hate it and are terrified this one will break too. Then when the next unit broke only giving 24 full strength shocks I went back to being crazy. This group picked up the pieces.

Two years ago I had a stroke and I forgot most of your names as a matter of fact I forgot most of everything I ever knew, No sooner than I begin to heal than my icd went berserk and fired again because of malfunction. Then there was the infection from the surgery to install a new one and then there was the whatever that had me in Intensive care for a very long time. Someatimes I have trouble remember my own name now. Some days are good and some days are very bad.

My new Guidiant icd has n ot misfired but has worked itself lose from the pocket and had to be resewn twice. They tell me it is because I am so short and a poor healer. I live in fear that I try to control. I have phantom shocks and horrible panic attacks but there are two reason I am still here! This group and my children.

Because I have a icd I saw my only daughter married to a wonderful man. I got the pleasure of watching my middle son who married the worlds biggest bitch who ditched him after 3 years and 150,000 of debt put his life back together meet a wonderful woman. I got to see them married. I have witnessed the birth of 3 of the most beautiful granddaughters the world has every seen. I also have become the foster grammie to 2 other little girls that are also my treasure. Through my beautiful new daughter-in-law I also have a wonderful grandson. I've learned to deal with my oldest son being gay but being a wonderful person no matter. \

Do I like my icd, no not ever not even close. Am I glad I have it yes. So when you are all scared or frighten stop whatever you are doing and remember all the people on this board and what is in your life.

Hey we never had the Prom, what about a virtual reunion of all the old members.

Love to all

Sharon in Ohio

Dear Sharon,

You are a brave woman. It is good to remind us all that the device has allowed you to be around for wonderful times in your life. I send you my prayers and best wishes.

Peace, Adele----->>>> from Maines MOM ---<smile>

Re: Sharon

Dearest ,

You made me cry! A few years back I thought I would crack up after my first icd fired more than 58 times in 4 hours, The fear was so overwhelming that I refused to have another unit installed. Having to be life flighted to the Cleveland Clinic getting shocked ever 4 minuets even though they gave me Versed clear back then I still remember the pain and the fear. I also remember the face of a flight nurse who took my hand and said don't let go we will get you there I'll be right here with you all the way no matter what.

When I finally agreed to have a new icd after being found unresponsive 2 weeks before my only daughters wedding and then having that unit malfunction and repeatedly fire over 63 times before it was shut down I gave up. Then I found my way to this board and here I learned to grow. I learned about compassion and friendship. I learned about others much worse off than myself. I learned about humor. I learned there is life after a icd even when you hate it and are terrified this one will break too. Then when the next unit broke only giving 24 full strength shocks I went back to being crazy. This group picked up the pieces.

Two years ago I had a stroke and I forgot most of your names as a matter of fact I forgot most of everything I ever knew, No sooner than I begin to heal than my icd went berserk and fired again because of malfunction. Then there was the infection from the surgery to install a new one and then there was the whatever that had me in Intensive care for a very long time. Someatimes I have trouble remember my own name now. Some days are good and some days are very bad.

My new Guidiant icd has n ot misfired but has worked itself lose from the pocket and had to be resewn twice. They tell me it is because I am so short and a poor healer. I live in fear that I try to control. I have phantom shocks and horrible panic attacks but there are two reason I am still here! This group and my children.

Because I have a icd I saw my only daughter married to a wonderful man. I got the pleasure of watching my middle son who married the worlds biggest bitch who ditched him after 3 years and 150,000 of debt put his life back together meet a wonderful woman. I got to see them married. I have witnessed the birth of 3 of the most beautiful granddaughters the world has every seen. I also have become the foster grammie to 2 other little girls that are also my treasure. Through my beautiful new daughter-in-law I also have a wonderful grandson. I've learned to deal with my oldest son being gay but being a wonderful person no matter. \

Do I like my icd, no not ever not even close. Am I glad I have it yes. So when you are all scared or frighten stop whatever you are doing and remember all the people on this board and what is in your life.

Love to all

Sharon in OhioPlease visit the Zapper homepage athttp://www.ZapLife.org

I'm all for it!!!!

I never get to go on the chat since I am on the West Coast and it's usually dinnertime but I would definitely work hard to be there for this.

Love to all

Sharon in Ohio

Dear Sharon,

After reading your response to , I felt like a big baby. My ICD fired 19

times by the time they got me to the ER back in August,2004. When I saw my

doctor in the ER, my first question was: Am I going to make it?? Even though he

said I'd be fine, I didn't believe him because I was too scared. I,m happy to

say I did make it and am doing better although I did have some more episodes of

multiple shocks (only a few shocks at a time). Thanks for sharing your

experience and making me realize how lucky I am.

God bless all of you!

Chris

the hurricane missed my area of missippi......... still lots of room in

good ole miss for the prom......

bob in missippi

The hell with the Supreme Court

" " " IN GOD WE TRUST " " "

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Dearest , Always know that you are always just a thought away. Things here have been going up and down and some days everything just goes to hell in a hand basket. It seems I take 3 giant leaps and 6 step backwards. All I can say is that I am still here after I that happened last year. I have a new granddaughter that will be 6 months old the 28th of this month. I have lost all the hearing in my left ear, I can't seem to keep the bladder infections under control. My esophagus is still on the fritz and they now have me seeing someone at University Hospital in Cleveland and he has ran ever test and has now called in a surgeon who is the same surgeon that operated on Reeves. I hope to get to Hawaii and back before I have to have surgery and I am really very scared about it but I'll try to put on my happy face.

Wishing you coddles and hugs and speedy trial results so you can be off relaxing you certainly need a rest.

Love Sharon

Guest guest

Hi Sharon Welcome

I just finished week #4 of my treatment Things are going ok so far a

bit sick at times but thats normal for this stuff.

I am a geno 2 stage 2 my viral load is 8,000,000

I did week four lab work will check my viral load at end of 12 weeks

I was told that i may have had this for 20 years cant pinpoint it to

exact time although i was a drug user fow many years im sure thats

how i contracted it

I wish you well in the next round of treatment

Thanks Annita

Guest guest

Hi Annita,

Good to get a response so soon. I have never used drugs nor do I fit in aney other risk group, except got that transfusion, so figure that's where it came from. I am geno 2a, stage 1 fibrosis, and last check was 50,000+ viral load. I haven't done regular blood work since last doc. I now have a diff. doc who believes in treatment. I will start a 48 week course of Pegasys and Copegas soon. It takes as much time to set up financing as it does to take the darn treatment!! So many hoops, so little time... LOL

Anyway, I am relatively fine and just waiting.

Sharon

[ ] Re: Sharon

Hi Sharon WelcomeI just finished week #4 of my treatment Things are going ok so far a bit sick at times but thats normal for this stuff.I am a geno 2 stage 2 my viral load is 8,000,000I did week four lab work will check my viral load at end of 12 weeksI was told that i may have had this for 20 years cant pinpoint it to exact time although i was a drug user fow many years im sure thats how i contracted itI wish you well in the next round of treatmentThanks Annita

• 3 months later...
Guest guest

Yes, I will be home, and I still have your cell phone number. When will you get

into town?

Sharon

Sharon

Oh Sharon - will you be home next week? Do you still have my cell phone

number?

Guest guest

into town?

Sharon

Sharon

number?

Guest guest

into town?

Sharon

Sharon

number?

Guest guest

We'll get in around 2:00 pm on Saturday. Since there are only 5 of us this

year, we are staying at a hotel near the pavilion. I need to make a day

trip to Columbia and check out that area for possible retirement (4 years to

go!). I'll probably go on Wednesday. You are more than welcome to join us

at the pavilion to watch the fireworks. I also plan on taking to

Ripley's Aquirium- they suggested I bring him in at 9:00 am or 8:00 pm when

there are less crowds. Is this something you may want to join us on?

Sharon

>

>

> Oh Sharon - will you be home next week? Do you still have my cell phone

number?

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

We'll get in around 2:00 pm on Saturday. Since there are only 5 of us this

year, we are staying at a hotel near the pavilion. I need to make a day

trip to Columbia and check out that area for possible retirement (4 years to

go!). I'll probably go on Wednesday. You are more than welcome to join us

at the pavilion to watch the fireworks. I also plan on taking to

Ripley's Aquirium- they suggested I bring him in at 9:00 am or 8:00 pm when

there are less crowds. Is this something you may want to join us on?

Sharon

>

>

> Oh Sharon - will you be home next week? Do you still have my cell phone

number?

>

>

>

>

• 2 months later...

That gave me enough to do some local sleuthing and I found this phone

number 330-867-6736 for that address if someone wants to try it.

Bridget

>

> Sharon home address is 2039 Waycroass Avenue Akron, Ohio 44320. If

you don't have her e-mail its iipistacio@a...

> Well, Thanks a lot for listen and hope you have all been doing great

and are zap free.

>

>

I just talk to her daughter la and she told me that she was supposed to have a minor surgery in her esophagus and that ended up being a major surgery and she is still trying to recover and feeling very depressed and also in pain. Her daughter told me that she has been diagnosed with something that sounds like aggretia She didn't know how to spell it. Anyway she has a new email. Since she is very depressed please write her some nice emails at iipistacio1117@.... Let pray together tonight at around 9:00 pm EST together to send her nice thoughts and prayers. Love TURK That gave me enough to do some local sleuthing and I found this phone number 330-867-6736 for that address if someone wants to try it.Bridget> > Sharon home address is 2039 Waycroass Avenue Akron, Ohio 44320. If you don't have her e-mail its iipistacio@a...> Well, Thanks a lot for listen and hope you have all been doing great and are zap free.> >

Start your day with - make it your home page

Hey guys thanks for the help....Sharon emailed me and let me know how she is doing. She is still having a rough time of it medically and emotionally. She said she thought we had forgotten her and was glad for my email. If you have time check in with her personal email addy as I am sure it will help her to know we all still care.

M in CA

No problem - I am glad we found her. She is an inspirational part of our family.

~guin

P.S. - email at: guin@...

Re: Sharon

Thanks Guin and others for helping me to locate Sharon. She has always been one in the past, like Bobby, who was there for others to lend support and encouragement.

M in CA

• 1 month later...

Yes that is true, Sharon is the trooper of all troopers!

And is always willing to help anyone.

We can all learn a lot from Her.

in Maine

>

> Thanks Guin and others for helping me to locate Sharon. She has

always been

> one in the past, like Bobby, who was there for others to lend

support and

> encouragement.

>

> M in CA

>

• 3 months later...

Sharon! Yes he was! My brother was a bit of a bad influence on him and taught him some foul (not fowl) language. He learned to say many things and had a quick wit! When he didn't get his way he would stick his head out from under his cover and say whats up until you paid attention to him! A real sketch! I can understand the surgery jitters! We all can! If there is anythingI can do to help please let me know! SuzieSharon Green <sharon.green18@...> wrote: Hi, Suzie. Thanks for the compliments! I bet your little guy was a pistol! They are little birds with big

attitude. Mine is a handful, but we love her a lot! I guess my day has been about as good as most are these days of sleepiness and surgery jitters (and I don't even have a date yet!) I hope you're doing well. Sharon [ ] Sharon Hi Sharon~ I saw your picture of your beautiful bird! We had one a number of years ago as well! Oh he was a pistol!! It made me want another one!! Boo-hoo! Anyway how are you doing? Great, I hope! I enjoyed looking at your pictures again and still think you should charge admission to you little slice of heaven!! Have a happy day!! Suzie Brings words and photos together (easily) withPhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Brings words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Thanks, Suzie.

Well, you can read my weird dreams, though they're not hard to interpret!

In one dream I awoke to find my recently-acquired SUV all banged up on one side. I was not injured but my neck hurt a lot (as it no doubt did hurt in my sleep), and I was trying to explain to the policeman that I was groggy from pain medication but not a narcotic, and besides, the other guy hit me! Very weird, and no doubt I dreamt it because I get loopy every night after taking my Neurontin and Elavil. We were supposed to pick up a car last night from the repair shop, but I forgot and took my meds before my husband got home. Starting the Neurontin was supposed to HELP with the drowsiness, but now it's like being drunk every night, and slightly dopy all day.

The other dream I had last night was that I backed out of revision surgery at the very last minute, saying I didn't have enough information, or some such thing, and then I saw Dr. Rand and apologised for messing up his schedule, while going on and on about why I wasn't quite ready. I know that one needs no explanation!

My little gal doesn't speak people-talk; she makes us speak sun conure. But she clearly understands words, especially "shower"! She is mostly potty-trained, but still has accidents, especially when she doesn't think she's getting enough attention -- coincindence??? She is fully flighted and is good about coming when we call, unless she thinks she's going to be put in her room (she doesn't live in a cage). We've had her for 12 years and I can't imagine life without her.

Sharon

[ ] Sharon

Hi Sharon~

I saw your picture of your beautiful bird! We had one a number of years ago as well! Oh he was a pistol!! It made me want another one!! Boo-hoo!

Anyway how are you doing? Great, I hope! I enjoyed looking at your pictures again and still think you should charge admission to you little slice of heaven!!

Have a happy day!!

Suzie

Brings words and photos together (easily) withPhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Brings words and photos together (easily) withPhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Sharon, I am sorry that you are having dream issues! It is said that we dream about unresolved issues from our awake hours...go figure! Have you thought about therapy? It might help you to sort out some of your fears and find some useful tools to combat them. I do have a few questions for you though.... 1. how much Neurontin are you taking and how many times per day? 2. How about the Elavil? 3. Are you taking the Elavil late in the evening? The reason I have asked you these questions is that I have been taking Neurontin 1,000 mg 3X per day and also take Elavil. If you are taking them later in the evening can you take them at an earlier time? I had to do this for just the same reason. I now take them at 8:30pm and have much better results during the daytime. Neurontin can make you drowsy for a while until you get used to it. As for the

birds they sure find their way into our hearts don't they? I wish that I had the money to get another one! Who knows may be some day I will again! Suzie Sharon Green <sharon.green18@...> wrote: Thanks, Suzie. Well, you can read my weird dreams, though they're not hard to interpret! In one dream I awoke to find my recently-acquired SUV all banged up on one side. I was not injured but my neck hurt a lot (as it no doubt did hurt in my sleep), and I was trying to explain to the policeman that I was groggy from pain medication but

not a narcotic, and besides, the other guy hit me! Very weird, and no doubt I dreamt it because I get loopy every night after taking my Neurontin and Elavil. We were supposed to pick up a car last night from the repair shop, but I forgot and took my meds before my husband got home. Starting the Neurontin was supposed to HELP with the drowsiness, but now it's like being drunk every night, and slightly dopy all day. The other dream I had last night was that I backed out of revision surgery at the very last minute, saying I didn't have enough information, or some such thing, and then I saw Dr. Rand and apologised for messing up his schedule, while going on and on about why I wasn't quite ready. I know that one needs no explanation! My little gal doesn't speak people-talk; she

makes us speak sun conure. But she clearly understands words, especially "shower"! She is mostly potty-trained, but still has accidents, especially when she doesn't think she's getting enough attention -- coincindence??? She is fully flighted and is good about coming when we call, unless she thinks she's going to be put in her room (she doesn't live in a cage). We've had her for 12 years and I can't imagine life without her. Sharon [ ] Sharon Hi Sharon~ I saw your picture of your beautiful bird! We had one a number of years ago as well! Oh he was a pistol!! It made me want another one!! Boo-hoo! Anyway how are you doing? Great, I hope! I enjoyed looking at your pictures again and still think you should charge admission to you little slice of heaven!! Have a happy day!! Suzie Brings words and photos together (easily) withPhotoMail - it's free and works with . Brings words and photos together (easily) withPhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Brings words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Hi, Suzie.

This is helpful, to know someone else who's on the same meds.

I am taking them both as early as I can. As I mentioned in my post this can pose problems, as when I needed to be able to drive, but my husband got home after I had taken them. I know it takes time for the side-effects of Neurontin to subside. I think it's been 2 1/2 months now. I've worked up to 900 mg, once a day, and have reduced Elavil from 75 mg to 50, also once a day. The problem that led to starting Neurontin was that I was sleeping about 12 hours a night and dragging all day, and that has not changed. Perhaps I just have to accept that this is how I am until I can get my body upright. Of course I'll have to go through even more darkness before the light. Oh well.

Actually, I think dreaming is therapy, especially when you have people to share the dreams with. I DO have unanswered questions, and if my revision were scheduled for today I would back out. But it isn't. Whew!

:^)

Sharon

[ ] Sharon

Hi Sharon~

I saw your picture of your beautiful bird! We had one a number of years ago as well! Oh he was a pistol!! It made me want another one!! Boo-hoo!

Anyway how are you doing? Great, I hope! I enjoyed looking at your pictures again and still think you should charge admission to you little slice of heaven!!

Have a happy day!!

Suzie