RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: (unknown)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All,

Is it possible to take up some sort of collection for her. She is in a desperate situation and I would love to help her but I don't know how. My husband had a horrible divorce with a crazy ex-wife that the courts believed despite all of our evidence. He lost everything including his relationship with his children.

any thoughts on this Thanksgiving week?

Mom to 13, (ds), Ally and Brittany 7 (Soon to be eight on Friday!)Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Guest guest

Hi.... I am still alive. Next date in court is Dec 10. I am now representing myself as after having spent almost $20,000 in legal fees I am no further ahead and completely out of $. I have been working on "staging" my house in hopes of getting the most amount of $ from its sale. If anyone has any spare time (I know, probably no one does) or information (ie medical articles) in regards to the dangers of second hand smoke (in relation to ds or not), could you please forward it to me? I really have to try and play this one up in the court room as our current court order specifies that he is to have the children in a smoke free environment. He is a smoker but maintains that he does not do it in the presence of the children, however I am trying to prove that even the residue can cause effects. 's twin, Nicala has permanent lung damage due to her prematurity

and has several health problems that take little to trigger (ie dogs, dust, mold, smoke, etc.). Any info would be greatly appreciated!! , mom to Nicala & ,ds/adhd/autism (10), (9), & (2)dean schafer wrote: I was just wondering how H. is doing? Doesanyone know?Beth__________________________________________________________Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with

friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how. http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/

Guest guest

I am so thankful to our LORD for everything He has

given me and if we can figure out away to help I am

in!!!!!!!!!

Everyday is a walk in Faith and we all have to

continue praying that knows the Lord is with

her. That seems to be all that is left for this

desperate situation!!!(especially when we feel we are

fighting a battle on our own!!) When we are in a bad

situation we don't always know why but sometimes these

things can only STRENGTHEN us with our relationship

with GOD! We can only pray that HIS will be done.

That is my sermaon for the day!!

If anyone has any ideas lets get going on it!!

Beth

--- JYarnal@... wrote:

> Hi All,

> Is it possible to take up some sort of collection

> for her. She is in a

> desperate situation and I would love to help her but

> I don't know how. My

> husband had a horrible divorce with a crazy ex-wife

> that the courts believed

> despite all of our evidence. He lost everything

> including his relationship with

> his children.

> any thoughts on this Thanksgiving week?

>

> Mom to 13, (ds), Ally and Brittany 7

> (Soon to be eight on

> Friday!)

>

>

>

> **************************************Check out

> AOL's list of 2007's hottest

> products.

>

(http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites.

Make Yahoo! your homepage.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Guest guest

, WOW, thanks for the thought!! It actually brought tears to my eyes to think that this group would even consider something like that. That being said, I am sure everyone here needs what ever money they have, so please don't worry about me. I will figure something out. This message did get me wondering tho. I remember seeing on the news about people starting websites up on the Internet requesting money for stupid things (like needing help paying off self induced debt) and they were actually successful with getting people to send them $. If anyone knows anything about how to even start OR someone that would be interested in setting a site up and then perhaps taking a portion of whatever $ comes in for their time invested, drop me an e-mail. I am not too good at the computer thing so I wouldn't know where to start

myself....also just don't have the time to contribute to something like that. The other thing I wouldn't know about either is the legalities of it all.....ie do I want to AND can I post court documentation, etc? JYarnal@... wrote: Hi All, Is it possible to take up some sort of collection for her. She is in a desperate situation and I would love to help her but I don't know how. My husband had a horrible divorce with

a crazy ex-wife that the courts believed despite all of our evidence. He lost everything including his relationship with his children. any thoughts on this Thanksgiving week? Mom to 13, (ds), Ally and Brittany 7 (Soon to be eight on Friday!) Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Guest guest

attachments and pictures are not allowed through the list. You can go to

the web site and upload your pictures there. :-)

In a message dated 11/28/2007 5:51:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

angel6922baby@... writes:

(unknown)

issac, 2nd grade school picture

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

_http://www.yahoo._ (http://www.yahoo./) com/r/hs

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you

with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now.

_http://mobile.http://mobhttp://mobilhttp://mobile.<Whttp://mobil_

(http://mobile.yahoo.com/sports;_ylt=At9_qDKvtAbMuh1G1SQtBI7ntAcJ)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

**************************************Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest

products.

(http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

Guest guest

Welcome and family!You have come to the right place.Your girls are lovely. Wonderful news that you are adding to your family. My husband and I live in Reno NV and have 4 kids, Amy 21, Kelsey 19, Davey (DS) 9, and Will 9. I have to say that my husband was probably the strongest of us when we got the news about Davey. Davey has been very healthy except for 7 sets of ear tubes and he has hypothyroidism. We are becoming active in Special Olympics, along with all of the crazy activities that boys do.Hi, We´re a couple from Mexico City with identical twin girls of 5, both with Down's Syndrome. My wife's name is , my girl's names are Natalia and a; my name is José . Besides some difficulties at the beginning, Clau had a very smooth pregnancy, all the way to week 36 when she gave birth. Our doctor had scheduled the birth for week 38, but Natalia decided otherwise and sent us to the hospital at 2 am where she just popped out after a few minutes. a was a bit stuck, so after trying to naturally extract her, the doctors had to operate. So we had it all in one day: natural birth, a c-section, umbilical cord problems and forceps. Even though we had screenings and a more than usual amount of sonograms, we didn't find out about the DS until they were born. A few minutes after we were out of the operating room our pediatrician asked me to go into a meeting room with the gynecologists and another doctor. They said that both girls presented cyanosis -blue lips, eyelids and fingertips due to lack of oxygen, they explained-, which indicated heart problems. That, plus a number a physical traits, also made them think they had DS. Even though they were quite sure, they wanted some tests to confirm. About an hour later, we had another meeting, this time with a geneticist, who gave me a full explanation of the chromosomal aspects of DS (as if it was important to me at that time). The hard part was telling Clau, or I thought, because from the very beginning she has been very strong about this. We of course had no idea what it meant to raise a kid with DS, not to mention two. In my head, at least, there were all these stereotyped images that weren't all that encouraging. Once that was over, everything just started to fall in place. DS didn't worry us as much as the health problems and, by the time the test results came in confirming DS, we were a big happy family. There is no way I can express the ever increasing joy that these two have brought into our lives very day. They had one of their heart problems (PDA) corrected through heart surgery when they were 7 months old and, after 4 years of monitoring their other heart problem (ventricular septal defect), cardiologists agree that it has corrected on its own. Today they are extremely healthy, they go to a regular school and have an active social life. They take their therapies, swimming and dancing lessons, and make friends everywhere. They like parties, jumping in their trampoline, going to the movies, eating out and they love the beach. Clau is pregnant again, four months, and we are all in all very happy with our girls. This is the first time we participate in a group, so we are not fully familiar with how it works. We'll try to post some recent pictures soon, but in the meantime I'm attaching one from a year ago that I have in this computer. <DSC00021.JPG>

Guest guest

Welcome , Clau, a and Natalia. Looks like your girls are about the same age as my identical twin sons with Down syndrome who turned 4 this past week. It sounds like you are having a wonderful life. I especially like and identify with your statement, "There is no way I can express the ever increasing joy that these two have brought into our lives every day."

Welcome to the group. I look forward to your contributions with such an upbeat and positive attitude. Congrats on the upcoming arrival of a new baby in your family as well.

xo maggie

Mom to Olivia (01) and & ('05 - IDs w/ DS)

To: Multiples-DS Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2009 7:48:16 PMSubject: (unknown)

Hi,

We´re a couple from Mexico City with identical twin girls of 5, both with Down's Syndrome. My wife's name is , my girl's names are Natalia and a; my name is José .

Besides some difficulties at the beginning, Clau had a very smooth pregnancy, all the way to week 36 when she gave birth. Our doctor had scheduled the birth for week 38, but Natalia decided otherwise and sent us to the hospital at 2 am where she just popped out after a few minutes. a was a bit stuck, so after trying to naturally extract her, the doctors had to operate. So we had it all in one day: natural birth, a c-section, umbilical cord problems and forceps.

Even though we had screenings and a more than usual amount of sonograms, we didn't find out about the DS until they were born. A few minutes after we were out of the operating room our pediatrician asked me to go into a meeting room with the gynecologists and another doctor. They said that both girls presented cyanosis -blue lips, eyelids and fingertips due to lack of oxygen, they explained-, which indicated heart problems. That, plus a number a physical traits, also made them think they had DS. Even though they were quite sure, they wanted some tests to confirm. About an hour later, we had another meeting, this time with a geneticist, who gave me a full explanation of the chromosomal aspects of DS (as if it was important to me at that time).

The hard part was telling Clau, or I thought, because from the very beginning she has been very strong about this. We of course had no idea what it meant to raise a kid with DS, not to mention two. In my head, at least, there were all these stereotyped images that weren't all that encouraging. Once that was over, everything just started to fall in place. DS didn't worry us as much as the health problems and, by the time the test results came in confirming DS, we were a big happy family. There is no way I can express the ever increasing joy that these two have brought into our lives very day.

They had one of their heart problems (PDA) corrected through heart surgery when they were 7 months old and, after 4 years of monitoring their other heart problem (ventricular septal defect), cardiologists agree that it has corrected on its own. Today they are extremely healthy, they go to a regular school and have an active social life. They take their therapies, swimming and dancing lessons, and make friends everywhere. They like parties, jumping in their trampoline, going to the movies, eating out and they love the beach.

Clau is pregnant again, four months, and we are all in all very happy with our girls.

This is the first time we participate in a group, so we are not fully familiar with how it works. We'll try to post some recent pictures soon, but in the meantime I'm attaching one from a year ago that I have in this computer.

Guest guest

Welcome.

Multiples-DS [mailto:Multiples-DS ] On Behalf

Of

Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 4:48 PM

To: Multiples-DS

Subject: (unknown)

Hi,

We´re a couple from Mexico City with identical twin girls of

5, both with Down's Syndrome. My wife's name is , my girl's names are

Natalia and a; my name is José .

Besides some difficulties at the beginning, Clau had a very

smooth pregnancy, all the way to week 36 when she gave birth. Our doctor had

scheduled the birth for week 38, but Natalia decided otherwise and sent us to

the hospital at 2 am where she just popped out after a few minutes. a was a

bit stuck, so after trying to naturally extract her, the doctors had to

operate. So we had it all in one day: natural birth, a c-section,

umbilical cord problems and forceps.

Even though we had screenings and a more than usual amount

of sonograms, we didn't find out about the DS until they were born. A few

minutes after we were out of the operating room our pediatrician asked me to go

into a meeting room with the gynecologists and another doctor. They said

that both girls presented cyanosis -blue lips, eyelids and fingertips due to

lack of oxygen, they explained-, which indicated heart problems. That, plus a

number a physical traits, also made them think they had DS. Even though they

were quite sure, they wanted some tests to confirm. About an hour later, we had

another meeting, this time with a geneticist, who gave me a full explanation of

the chromosomal aspects of DS (as if it was important to me at that time).

The hard part was telling Clau, or I thought, because from

the very beginning she has been very strong about this. We of course had no

idea what it meant to raise a kid with DS, not to mention two. In my head, at

least, there were all these stereotyped images that weren't all that

encouraging. Once that was over, everything just started to fall in

place. DS didn't worry us as much as the health problems and, by the time

the test results came in confirming DS, we were a big happy family.

There is no way I can express the ever increasing joy that these two have

brought into our lives very day.

They had one of their heart problems (PDA) corrected

through heart surgery when they were 7 months old and, after 4 years of

monitoring their other heart problem (ventricular septal defect), cardiologists

agree that it has corrected on its own. Today they are extremely healthy, they

go to a regular school and have an active social life. They take their

therapies, swimming and dancing lessons, and make friends everywhere. They

like parties, jumping in their trampoline, going to the

movies, eating out and they love the beach.

Clau is pregnant again, four months, and we are all in all

very happy with our girls.

This is the first time we participate in a group, so we are

not fully familiar with how it works. We'll try to post some recent pictures

soon, but in the meantime I'm attaching one from a year ago that I have in this

computer.

****************************************************************************************************************************

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: Any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.(FR08-i203d)

****************************************************************************************************************************

Guest guest

Your girls are absolutely beautiful! Welcome to this amazing group and I am sending prayers for another healthy pregnancy!

a

mom to Meg15,Jack12,Lucy7,(DS) & 3 1/2

(unknown)

Hi,

We´re a couple from Mexico City with identical twin girls of 5, both with Down's Syndrome. My wife's name is , my girl's names are Natalia and a; my name is José .

Besides some difficulties at the beginning, Clau had a very smooth pregnancy, all the way to week 36 when she gave birth. Our doctor had scheduled the birth for week 38, but Natalia decided otherwise and sent us to the hospital at 2 am where she just popped out after a few minutes. a was a bit stuck, so after trying to naturally extract her, the doctors had to operate. So we had it all in one day: natural birth, a c-section, umbilical cord problems and forceps.

Even though we had screenings and a more than usual amount of sonograms, we didn't find out about the DS until they were born. A few minutes after we were out of the operating room our pediatrician asked me to go into a meeting room with the gynecologists and another doctor. They said that both girls presented cyanosis -blue lips, eyelids and fingertips due to lack of oxygen, they explained-, which indicated heart problems. That, plus a number a physical traits, also made them think they had DS. Even though they were quite sure, they wanted some tests to confirm. About an hour later, we had another meeting, this time with a geneticist, who gave me a full explanation of the chromosomal aspects of DS (as if it was important to me at that time).

The hard part was telling Clau, or I thought, because from the very beginning she has been very strong about this. We of course had no idea what it meant to raise a kid with DS, not to mention two. In my head, at least, there were all these stereotyped images that weren't all that encouraging. Once that was over, everything just started to fall in place. DS didn't worry us as much as the health problems and, by the time the test results came in confirming DS, we were a big happy family. There is no way I can express the ever increasing joy that these two have brough

t into our lives very day.

They had one of their heart problems (PDA) corrected through heart surgery when they were 7 months old and, after 4 years of monitoring their other heart problem (ventricular septal defect), cardiologists agree that it has corrected on its own. Today they are extremely healthy, they go to a regular school and have an active social life. They take their therapies, swimming and dancing lessons, and make friends everywhere. They like parties, jumping in their trampoline, going to the movies, eating out and they love the beach.

Clau is pregnant again, four months, and we are all in all very happy with our girls.

This is the first time we participate in a group, so we are not fully familiar with how it works. We'll try to post some recent pictures soon, but in the meantime I'm attaching one from a year ago that I have in this computer.

A Great Credit Score is 750 or Higher. See Your 3 CREDIT SCORES FREE - Online!

Guest guest

Welcome to you , and your girls! They are beautiful!

It seems like you are a very well adjusted thriving family, good luck

on your new pregnancy, I bet the girls are very excited!

We live inFlorida with Jake almost 13 and triplets Zachary DS/ADHD,

and almost 11. I am looking forward tohearing more

about your family.

Irene

(unknown)

Hi,

The hard part was telling Clau, or I thought, because from the very beginning she has been very strong about this. We of course had no idea what it meant to raise a kid with DS, not to mention two. In my head, at least, there were all these stereotyped images that weren't all that encouraging. Once that was over, everything just started to fall in place. DS didn't worry us as much as the health problems and, by the time the test results came in confirming DS, we were a big happy family. There is no way I can express the ever increasing joy that these two have brought into our lives very day.

Guest guest

Hi, .

Thank you for your warm welcome and positive comments. Sorry for not answering earlier. I'm getting back from a trip and participating in the group is something and I agreed to do together.

It seems really great that you have the chance to take care of the twins when your other kids are older. You get to focus on them without ruuning around after another two. Or maybe you have a whole lot of extra work! In any case, you get to experience both stages at the same time. Good for you.

As you may imagine, Mexico isn't the easiest place to get help with a special needs child, so we try to get information everywhere we can. We've even sometimes attended doctors and therapists just as a precaution, because we've learned of certain illness proclivities for kids with DS. We don't know much about ear problems. We're really interested in learning about how you worked with Davey to get that corrected.

Best regards,

and José

To: Multiples-DS Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2009 2:43:25 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Welcome and family!

You have come to the right place.

Your girls are lovely. Wonderful news that you are adding to your family.

My husband and I live in Reno NV and have 4 kids, Amy 21, Kelsey 19, Davey (DS) 9, and Will 9. I have to say that my husband was probably the strongest of us when we got the news about Davey. Davey has been very healthy except for 7 sets of ear tubes and he has hypothyroidism. We are becoming active in Special Olympics, along with all of the crazy activities that boys do.

Hi,

<DSC00021.JPG>

Guest guest

Hi, Maggie.

and I were just going over the pictures and were commenting on how cute and are. They seem very healthy and happy.

How are you managing with a one year old, in addition to the the twins? We'll be in that situation in October: the twins and a new born. Did they adjust quickly?

Hope from hearing from you.

and José

To: Multiples-DS Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2009 2:52:03 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)

Welcome , Clau, a and Natalia. Looks like your girls are about the same age as my identical twin sons with Down syndrome who turned 4 this past week. It sounds like you are having a wonderful life. I especially like and identify with your statement, "There is no way I can express the ever increasing joy that these two have brought into our lives every day."

Welcome to the group. I look forward to your contributions with such an upbeat and positive attitude. Congrats on the upcoming arrival of a new baby in your family as well.

xo maggie

Mom to Olivia (01) and & ('05 - IDs w/ DS)

From: <mextwinsyahoo (DOT) com>To: Multiples-DS@ yahoogroups. comSent: Saturday, May 2, 2009 7:48:16 PMSubject: (unknown)

Hi,

Guest guest

Thank you for your kind comments, Joyce.

We were amazed to read about your big, blessed, family; and amazed with the picture. Thank you for that. And you look so young!

I CAN imagine there is no dull moments for you. We'll remember you whenever we are tempted to feel overwhelmed. Really, thank you.

and José

To: Multiples-DS <multiples-ds >Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2009 4:52:57 PMSubject: RE: (unknown)

Welcome and ! Your twins girls, Natalia and a are so beautiful! They are a picture of health too! This is an awesome site! It's fun to read different stories that some like to share and some of us, just read and touch base from time to time. I am mother to seven....three have Down Syndrome. is 25, is 15, and is 12. There is NEVER a dull moment around my house! There is so much love too! These kids have brought us so much joy. We look forward to hearing more about your family. Here is a picture of my family! Until next time, may God richly bless your lives! Joyce-wife to Mike 33 1/2 wonderful years!!mom to:-32, Leah-31, Mikey-28, -DS- 25, -23, -15-DS, and -12-

DS/Autism

To: Multiples-DS@ yahoogroups. comFrom: mextwinsyahoo (DOT) comDate: Sat, 2 May 2009 16:48:16 -0700Subject: (unknown)

Hi,

Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.

Guest guest

Hi , and family.Short ear canals are common in children with DS. It makes them more prone to ear issues. We saw the ENT when Davey was about 9 months old and he had his first set of ear tubes. Here is one of my favorite health sites on DS. It is written by a pediatrician who also happens to have a child with DS. He is in the LA area. The growth chart and recommendations are great things to print out and take to your pediatrician. We have Davey thyroid and CBC checked twice yearly with a blood test. We have also checked him for celiac when he was about 3 years old.Yes, we were blessed to have the older kids around to help. Just having twins means you need extra hands for everything.Enjoy those kids. Keep the pictures coming and ask any questions.Hi, . Thank you for your warm welcome and positive comments. Sorry for not answering earlier. I'm getting back from a trip and participating in the group is something and I agreed to do together. It seems really great that you have the chance to take care of the twins when your other kids are older. You get to focus on them without ruuning around after another two. Or maybe you have a whole lot of extra work! In any case, you get to experience both stages at the same time. Good for you. As you may imagine, Mexico isn't the easiest place to get help with a special needs child, so we try to get information everywhere we can. We've even sometimes attended doctors and therapists just as a precaution, because we've learned of certain illness proclivities for kids with DS. We don't know much about ear problems. We're really interested in learning about how you worked with Davey to get that corrected. Best regards, and José From: Verissimo <justelougmail>To: Multiples-DS Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2009 2:43:25 PMSubject: Re: (unknown)Welcome and family!You have come to the right place.Your girls are lovely. Wonderful news that you are adding to your family. My husband and I live in Reno NV and have 4 kids, Amy 21, Kelsey 19, Davey (DS) 9, and Will 9. I have to say that my husband was probably the strongest of us when we got the news about Davey. Davey has been very healthy except for 7 sets of ear tubes and he has hypothyroidism. We are becoming active in Special Olympics, along with all of the crazy activities that boys do.Hi, We´re a couple from Mexico City with identical twin girls of 5, both with Down's Syndrome. My wife's name is , my girl's names are Natalia and a; my name is José . Besides some difficulties at the beginning, Clau had a very smooth pregnancy, all the way to week 36 when she gave birth. Our doctor had scheduled the birth for week 38, but Natalia decided otherwise and sent us to the hospital at 2 am where she just popped out after a few minutes. a was a bit stuck, so after trying to naturally extract her, the doctors had to operate. So we had it all in one day: natural birth, a c-section, umbilical cord problems and forceps. Even though we had screenings and a more than usual amount of sonograms, we didn't find out about the DS until they were born. A few minutes after we were out of the operating room our pediatrician asked me to go into a meeting room with the gynecologists and another doctor. They said that both girls presented cyanosis -blue lips, eyelids and fingertips due to lack of oxygen, they explained-, which indicated heart problems. That, plus a number a physical traits, also made them think they had DS. Even though they were quite sure, they wanted some tests to confirm. About an hour later, we had another meeting, this time with a geneticist, who gave me a full explanation of the chromosomal aspects of DS (as if it was important to me at that time). The hard part was telling Clau, or I thought, because from the very beginning she has been very strong about this. We of course had no idea what it meant to raise a kid with DS, not to mention two. In my head, at least, there were all these stereotyped images that weren't all that encouraging. Once that was over, everything just started to fall in place. DS didn't worry us as much as the health problems and, by the time the test results came in confirming DS, we were a big happy family. There is no way I can express the ever increasing joy that these two have brought into our lives very day. They had one of their heart problems (PDA) corrected through heart surgery when they were 7 months old and, after 4 years of monitoring their other heart problem (ventricular septal defect), cardiologists agree that it has corrected on its own. Today they are extremely healthy, they go to a regular school and have an active social life. They take their therapies, swimming and dancing lessons, and make friends everywhere. They like parties, jumping in their trampoline, going to the movies, eating out and they love the beach. Clau is pregnant again, four months, and we are all in all very happy with our girls. This is the first time we participate in a group, so we are not fully familiar with how it works. We'll try to post some recent pictures soon, but in the meantime I'm attaching one from a year ago that I have in this computer. <DSC00021.JPG>

Guest guest

Thanks, I think he is pretty cute! We are all very lucky to have these great children! Hope the pregnancy is going well!

a

mom to Meg15,Jack12,Lucy7, (DS) & 3

(unknown)

Hi,

The hard part was telling Clau, or I thought, because from the very beginning she has been very strong about this. We of course had no idea what it meant to raise a kid with DS, not to mention two. In my head, at least, there were all these stereotyped images that weren't all that encouraging. Once that was over, everything just started to fall in place. DS didn't worry us as much as the health problems and, by the time the test results came in confirming DS, we were a big happy family. There is no way I can express the ever increasing j

oy that these two have brough t into our lives very day.

A Great Credit Score is 750 or Higher. See Your 3 CREDIT SCORES FREE - Online!

Gadget of the Year: Peek. Unlimited email on the go no contracts.

Guest guest

Welcome Halle and family. You have come to the right place. Great group of people. And very knowledgeable. Please ask any questions. We love pictures! Hint. We live in NO CA (south if Sac). We have four kids. Amy is 23 and just graduated college. Kelsey is 21 and will graduate in December. Davey (DS) and Will are 11.

Hello I am new to this group. My name is Halle and I have three children, a 4 year daughter and two 19 month old boys, one of which has Downs. Right now we live in Denver, CO but my husband is moving to Phoenix, AZ in November and we will follow in June after the school year. Right now my life is full of uncertainty as I had gotten comfortable with the resources in our community and now I have to figure it all out again while getting ready to move and be a single working mom with 3 kiddos. I guess that is why I decided to reach out so I would find out if I was all alone, sometimes it feels that way.

Guest guest

Welcome Halle!We moved 5 times (1 was within same city) since our 5 yr old boys were born, so know how you're feeling.  My husband was Army, so worked long hours and traveled a lot.  One of the ways I go into a new community was contacting the " new " local Down syndrome group for resources.  It was a great help!  Sometimes just venting helps too!.....feel free to do that here!  :)

Good Luck with everything and keep us posted!Sherry, in Rome, NYMom to Ray & Sam(Ds), 5

Hello I am new to this group.  My name is Halle and I have three children, a 4 year daughter and two 19 month old boys, one of which has Downs.  Right now we live in Denver, CO but my husband is moving to Phoenix, AZ in November and we will follow in June after the school year.  Right now my life is full of uncertainty as I had gotten comfortable with the resources in our community and now I have to figure it all out again while getting ready to move and be a single working mom with 3 kiddos.  I guess that is why I decided to reach out so I would find out if I was all alone, sometimes it feels that way. 

Guest guest

Halle, Welcome. I have triplets in Arlington, VA. I was going to suggest the same thing. Ask questions on here and contact the local Down syndrome support groups right away. Make a new friend

and that will be a step in the right direction!

a, Congrats to for starting riding. Great pics!

Kay Tiernan, Mom to Jon, Liz, (DS), 12 1/2 yrs old, Arlington, VA

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly

prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication

in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy

all copies of the communication and any attachments.

Guest guest

Hi Halle,

Welcome to our group! We live in FL w/ triplets Zack DS/ADHD, , & 13 and Jake 15. You are not alone, we moved several times when our children were young and each

time it got better for Zack. I imagine 1 4yr old and twins under 2 keep you very busy. Ask us anything chances are someone in the group as “been there done thatâ€. Perhaps someone is from the Phoenix area. My husband and I are heading to AZ in 3 weeks for our 20th anniversay!.

Irene

Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 8:27 PM

To: Multiples-DS

Subject: (unknown)

Hello I am new to this group. My name is Halle and I have three children, a 4 year daughter and two 19 month old boys, one of which has Downs. Right now we live in Denver, CO but my husband is moving to Phoenix, AZ in November and we will follow in June after the school year. Right now my life is full of uncertainty as I had gotten comfortable with the resources in our community and now I have to figure it all out again while getting ready to move and be a single working mom with 3 kiddos. I guess that is why I decided to reach out so I would find out if I was all alone, sometimes it feels that way.

Guest guest

Could you send them to the list?  I would love to see them too.

Could you email notes after?  Interested to know what she thinks of retention with our kiddos (specifically a twin with Ds) in the earlier grades (K-1).Thank you!Sherry,Mom to Ray & Sam(Ds), 6

[Attachment(s) from Margaret M Hagan included below]

Hi friends: You are receiving this email because you are somehow connected with special education, Down syndrome and me.  After talking about it for years, I'm finally getting around to starting up that Nassau County Support Group for the families, friends and educators of loved ones with Down syndrome. That's why I'm forwarding the information below; hoping you'll join us on Tuesday, January 17th for our kick-off meeting... We've even managed to get Dr. Kathleen Feeley, recognized expert in educating children with Down syndrome, to talk with us--up close and personal--about research-based best practices.

I've also attached a flier with the same information and ask that you share it with everyone you know that is involved in the upbringing

and/or education of a child/children with Down syndrome. Please share it with your own support network; your friends who have children with Down syndrome; your child's educators, therapists, aides and any of their classmates who may have Down syndrome; anyone who could benefit from participating in a hands-on, local forum like this:

Methodologies, Tips,

& Challenges: Educating Children with Down Syndrome

Join

local family members, friends, teachers and therapists of children with Down

syndrome for OUR FIRST MEETING

NASSAU COUNTY DOWN SYNDROME SUPPORT

GROUP

Speaker: Dr. Kathleen Feeley

Director of LIU,

C.W. Post’s Center for Community Inclusion; Associate Professor at LIU, CW

Post; Renowned Down

syndrome Researcher and Author

Topic: Research-Based

Methodologies and Tips for Addressing Challenges in Early Intervention, Preschool,

and Elementary Education for Children with Down Syndrome

Followed by Q & A and

Networking

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

7:00 to 8:30

pm

Oceanside

Knights of Columbus

(2985 Pl, Oceanside; just west of Mc’s on corner of Atlantic & )

RSVP to and/or call Maggie Marshall-Hagan with questions at marshallhagan@... or .

Presented in affiliation with the Down Syndrome Advocacy Foundation

-- Love life and be gentle,