RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

More questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My biggest problem with time off os that I work for a very small insurance office, just 2 puls the owner. The other girl in the office is having a baby in January, so my boss is not happy with either of us. He is not supportive of any kind of family problems. His wife is disabled and lives 2 hours from him because he did not want to have to deal with her illness, so you can only imanage how he excepts us to be. I may have to find a night job that I can work while Tristan is asleep. I am just really stuck on what to do. Plus now my 18 mth old son is starting to show signs of some problems as well. Could they be learned from his older brother or real?? Guess we will have to talk to the doctor about it. RUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: ROXANNA----can you please help her out?? Some are occupational therapy, speech therapy (specifically, pragmatic speech), accommodations for homework (less ), homework accommodations, most likely a part to full-time aide for the student at school, counseling (therapy), a specific plan for missed work and / or absent days.....these are a few; but the school can provide these services and then you do not have to privately, or you can privately, but are not obligated (as someone else posted earlier today) to report that to the school.

There are waivers; in Iowa, contact DHS for these, and seems most people post info for you if you report where YOU live. I have my degree in Human Resources Management; PLEASE DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB!!! Ask for the FMLA paperwork NOW and get them filed out by your child's therapist / psychiatrist, etc., and use intermittent family medical leave. You may not get paid for the time you miss, but you can miss up to 12 weeks in a calendar year---that is a lot, really. I run a daycare so I can be available, and I have great help; my husband uses FMLA. (do check the law---your employer must employ 50 or more people to be required to provide FMLA, and you must have worked for 1 year at stated company; if both are met, you can basically NOT be denied provided you get the paperwork filled out and turned back in within a reasonable period of time (typically 30 days is considered

'reasonable.'). Ruthie Dolezal ( ) More Questions I want to thank everyone for all the answers to my questions. Now more questions. Is there any kind of financial help for the kids? With the way things are looking so far, I may have to leave my job or at least cut back

to part time to get Tristan to all his therpy and appts. This is going to really hurt my family financially. Anyone have any suggestions? I already cut cupons, shop on sale, use store brands, anything to save a few dollars, but now it is looking like we may have to find more ways to cut. What kind of questions do I need to ask when we go to our IEP meeting? They have already said they want us to come up with a plan for services when we go, and I don't even know what he needs. I am starting to fell a little over my head with all of this. And we have not even got throught the eval yet!!! That's not untill the 17th.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

Guest guest

I live in Newland, North Carolina. Very small town, only about 10,000 or 12,000 people in our county. The public school system has over 100 special needs kids in it. RUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: ROXANNA----can you please help her out?? Some are occupational therapy, speech therapy (specifically, pragmatic speech), accommodations for homework (less ), homework accommodations, most likely

a part to full-time aide for the student at school, counseling (therapy), a specific plan for missed work and / or absent days.....these are a few; but the school can provide these services and then you do not have to privately, or you can privately, but are not obligated (as someone else posted earlier today) to report that to the school. There are waivers; in Iowa, contact DHS for these, and seems most people post info for you if you report where YOU live. I have my degree in Human Resources Management; PLEASE DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB!!! Ask for the FMLA paperwork NOW and get them filed out by your child's therapist / psychiatrist, etc., and use intermittent family medical leave. You may not get paid for the time you miss, but you can miss up to 12 weeks in a calendar year---that is a lot, really. I run a daycare so I can be available, and I have great help; my husband uses

FMLA. (do check the law---your employer must employ 50 or more people to be required to provide FMLA, and you must have worked for 1 year at stated company; if both are met, you can basically NOT be denied provided you get the paperwork filled out and turned back in within a reasonable period of time (typically 30 days is considered 'reasonable.'). Ruthie Dolezal ( ) More Questions I want to thank everyone for all the answers to my questions. Now more questions. Is there any kind of financial help for the kids? With the way things are looking so far, I may have to leave my job or at least cut back to part time to get Tristan to all his therpy and appts. This is going to really hurt my family financially. Anyone have any suggestions? I already cut cupons, shop on sale, use store brands, anything to save a few dollars, but now it is looking like we may have to find more ways to cut. What kind of questions do I need to ask when we go to our IEP meeting? They have already said they want us to come up with a plan for services when we go, and I don't even know what he needs. I am starting to fell a little over my head with all of this. And we have not even got throught the eval yet!!!

That's not untill the 17th.

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Guest guest

call your local parent connection, they can guide you to $$$ also cehck with your employer. since it is a disability you may be able to use FMLA time for taking your kiddo to appts etc. also check with your insurance. my dh works for home depot and our insurance will cover all of our son's treatments once the adoption is finalized. trade babysitting with other parents, have cheap date nights, etc. etc. etc. talk to the school to find out if he needs speech ot pt. find out if he has any sensory issues at school. think about issues at home-meltdowns, sensory issues, foods, triggers. keep a list of them and discuss it at the iepMarsha s <mpstephens13@...> wrote: I want to thank everyone for all the answers to my questions. Now more questions. Is there any kind of financial help for the kids? With the way things are looking so far, I may have to leave my job or at least cut back to part time to get Tristan to all his therpy and appts. This is going to really hurt my family financially. Anyone have any suggestions? I already cut cupons, shop on sale, use store brands, anything to save a few dollars, but now it is looking like we may have to find more ways to cut. What kind of questions do I need to ask when we go to our IEP meeting? They have already said they want us to come up with a plan for services when we go, and I don't even know what he needs. I am starting to fell a little over my

head with all of this. And we have not even got throught the eval yet!!! That's not untill the 17th.

Got a little couch potato?

Check out fun summer activities for kids.

Guest guest

ruthie where in Iowa are you?RUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: ROXANNA----can you please help her out?? Some are occupational therapy, speech therapy (specifically, pragmatic speech), accommodations for homework (less ), homework accommodations, most likely a part to full-time aide for the student at school, counseling (therapy), a specific plan for missed work and / or absent days.....these are a few; but

the school can provide these services and then you do not have to privately, or you can privately, but are not obligated (as someone else posted earlier today) to report that to the school. There are waivers; in Iowa, contact DHS for these, and seems most people post info for you if you report where YOU live. I have my degree in Human Resources Management; PLEASE DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB!!! Ask for the FMLA paperwork NOW and get them filed out by your child's therapist / psychiatrist, etc., and use intermittent family medical leave. You may not get paid for the time you miss, but you can miss up to 12 weeks in a calendar year---that is a lot, really. I run a daycare so I can be available, and I have great help; my husband uses FMLA. (do check the law---your employer must employ 50 or more people to be required to provide FMLA, and you must have worked for 1 year at stated

company; if both are met, you can basically NOT be denied provided you get the paperwork filled out and turned back in within a reasonable period of time (typically 30 days is considered 'reasonable.'). Ruthie Dolezal ( ) More Questions I want to thank everyone for all the answers to

my questions. Now more questions. Is there any kind of financial help for the kids? With the way things are looking so far, I may have to leave my job or at least cut back to part time to get Tristan to all his therpy and appts. This is going to really hurt my family financially. Anyone have any suggestions? I already cut cupons, shop on sale, use store brands, anything to save a few dollars, but now it is looking like we may have to find more ways to cut. What kind of questions do I need to ask when we go to our IEP meeting? They have already said they want us to come up with a plan for services when we go, and I don't even know what he needs. I am starting to fell a little over my head with all of this. And we have not even got throught the eval yet!!! That's not untill the 17th.

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on TV.

Guest guest

my suggestion, find a job in a hospital, i was an accountant for 15 years but when we moved to SD I took a part time job as an admissions rep in our local ER. I can basically tailor my schedule to meet our family's needs and it has been a blessing. (the added bonus is I've learned what drs to trust/not trust)marsha stephens <mpstephens13@...> wrote: My biggest problem with time off os that I work for a very small insurance office, just 2 puls the owner. The other girl in the office is having a baby in January, so my boss is not happy with

either of us. He is not supportive of any kind of family problems. His wife is disabled and lives 2 hours from him because he did not want to have to deal with her illness, so you can only imanage how he excepts us to be. I may have to find a night job that I can work while Tristan is asleep. I am just really stuck on what to do. Plus now my 18 mth old son is starting to show signs of some problems as well. Could they be learned from his older brother or real?? Guess we will have to talk to the doctor about it. RUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123msn> wrote: ROXANNA----can you please help her out?? Some are occupational therapy, speech therapy (specifically,

pragmatic speech), accommodations for homework (less ), homework accommodations, most likely a part to full-time aide for the student at school, counseling (therapy), a specific plan for missed work and / or absent days.....these are a few; but the school can provide these services and then you do not have to privately, or you can privately, but are not obligated (as someone else posted earlier today) to report that to the school. There are waivers; in Iowa, contact DHS for these, and seems most people post info for you if you report where YOU live. I have my degree in Human Resources Management; PLEASE DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB!!! Ask for the FMLA paperwork NOW and get them filed out by your child's therapist / psychiatrist, etc., and use intermittent family medical leave. You may not get paid for the time you miss, but you can miss up to 12 weeks in a calendar year---that is a lot,

really. I run a daycare so I can be available, and I have great help; my husband uses FMLA. (do check the law---your employer must employ 50 or more people to be required to provide FMLA, and you must have worked for 1 year at stated company; if both are met, you can basically NOT be denied provided you get the paperwork filled out and turned back in within a reasonable period of time (typically 30 days is considered 'reasonable.'). Ruthie Dolezal ( ) More Questions I want to thank everyone for all the answers to my questions. Now more questions. Is there any kind of financial help for the kids? With the way things are looking so far, I may have to leave my job or at least cut back to part time to get Tristan to all his therpy and appts. This is going to really hurt my family financially. Anyone have any suggestions? I already cut cupons, shop on sale, use store brands, anything to save a few dollars, but now it is looking like we may have to find more ways to cut. What kind of questions do I need to ask when we go to our IEP meeting? They have already said they want us to come up with a plan for services when we go, and I don't even know what he needs. I am starting to

fell a little over my head with all of this. And we have not even got throught the eval yet!!! That's not untill the 17th. Luggage? GPS? Comic books? Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.

Guest guest

okay...we came from a small town to the city; best part of a small town is less people that need the services, more availability, all the more reason to get what you want and need! Do not let a small town keep you from asking for all the services!! Ruthie

( ) More Questions

I want to thank everyone for all the answers to my questions. Now more questions. Is there any kind of financial help for the kids? With the way things are looking so far, I may have to leave my job or at least cut back to part time to get Tristan to all his therpy and appts. This is going to really hurt my family financially. Anyone have any suggestions? I already cut cupons, shop on sale, use store brands, anything to save a few dollars, but now it is looking like we may have to find more ways to cut. What kind of questions do I need to ask when we go to our IEP meeting? They have already said they want us to come up with a plan for services when we go, and I don't even know what he needs. I am starting to fell a little over my head with all of this. And we have not even got throught the eval yet!!! That's not untill the 17th.

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Guest guest

Oh, hello! Yes, I would be leaving that company probably before I STARTED! Sounds like someone no one should need to work for; great husband! Anyway, that is ridiculous, and I would find a different job that works for your family. How about daycare? Works great for us, and I make more than if I was working outside the home because we are not paying for daycare, too. Also, I can go to all the appointments, etc. Just an idea.....I do hire people to help me, but in a small community, say the 'word' at church (for example) and you will have volunteers that would be happy to help you in your daycare probably for free, be wonderful grandparents, etc., and help you all make it work. ASK....that never hurts. Ruthie

( ) More Questions

I want to thank everyone for all the answers to my questions. Now more questions. Is there any kind of financial help for the kids? With the way things are looking so far, I may have to leave my job or at least cut back to part time to get Tristan to all his therpy and appts. This is going to really hurt my family financially. Anyone have any suggestions? I already cut cupons, shop on sale, use store brands, anything to save a few dollars, but now it is looking like we may have to find more ways to cut. What kind of questions do I need to ask when we go to our IEP meeting? They have already said they want us to come up with a plan for services when we go, and I don't even know what he needs. I am starting to fell a little over my head with all of this. And we have not even got throught the eval yet!!! That's not untill the 17th.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books? Check out fitting gifts for grads at Search.

Guest guest

Cedar Rapids---Ruthie

( ) More Questions

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on TV.

Guest guest

Just wondering-I'm in Sioux Falls SD, and do cross the border into Larchwood from time to time-there is an awesome nursery there and we are landscaping our yard one tree at a timeRUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: Cedar Rapids---Ruthie ( ) More Questions I want to thank everyone for all the answers to my questions. Now more questions. Is there any kind of financial help for the kids? With the way things are looking so far, I may have to leave my job or at least cut back to part time to get Tristan to all his therpy and appts. This is going to really hurt my family financially. Anyone have any suggestions? I already cut cupons, shop on sale, use store brands, anything to save a few dollars, but now it is looking like we may have to find more ways to cut. What kind of questions do I need to ask when we go to our IEP meeting? They have already said they want us to come up with a plan for services when we go, and I don't even know what he needs. I am

starting to fell a little over my head with all of this. And we have not even got throught the eval yet!!! That's not untill the 17th. Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on TV.

Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Autos.

Guest guest

You should find your state department of developmental disabilities and see what kind of help is offered in your area.

The most important part of an IEP is the "PLOP" (present levels of performance). This is at the beginning of the IEP and is a summary of the child's needs and strengths. The way I have prepared for IEP meetings for my own kids is that I write my own PLOP. I sit down here at my computer and I type up an overview of my child - as if I was explaining him to a new teacher. Any test scores that are relevant, any behaviors he displays and why and how to deal with them, any problems in doing his work, social issues. This becomes my PLOP. And if I don't feel they have written a good PLOP for his IEP, I will have them add my information to the PLOP as well. As part of the IEP team, you can and should contribute information to the IEP!

Once I have written my PLOP, then I am able to see where my child needs help. Go through the PLOP and highlight the things that are problems and that will need special services or special attention or help. These form the basis for the goals or for requested therapy. For instance, if you write in your PLOP that the child gets overly anxious and chews his shirt during class, this can become a request for an OT eval or OT services plus more support during the classroom to ease anxiety levels (find out what is causing the stress overload!) If you write that the child hates to write, has poor handwriting and spacing and needs to use a keyboard - this sentence can produce service (OT therapy), goals (improve fine motor and handwriting) and accommodations (allow child to use a keyboard on assignments where he must write more than 3 sentences.)

You do not have to come up with the service plan by yourself. You should write down a list of things you feel he will need. The staff at the school should also come with their own plan and list of services. Then together you go over everything and make a plan (the IEP).

RoxannaAutism Happens

( ) More Questions

Guest guest

Hi Jen,

Welcome to the group. the way it works is that babies with tort tend

to get plagio. Tort means the muscles on one side of the neck are

tight,so baby favors one side, sleeps on one side, looks to one side

which cause plagio.

If a baby just get in the habit of sleeping on one side (say they like

sleeping facing toward mommy, feeding on same side, most toys are on

one side) then they will get plagio too.

The reason to visit a neuro is that there is another condition called

craniosystosis (cranio) that can resemble plagio. In the case of

cranio the sutures in the baby's skull close too soon and the head is

misshapen. Doctors need to make sure that it is just plagio, since

cranio generally requires surgery to correct since it keeps the brain

from having enough room to grow. Cranio is rare, but it does happen.

We didn't see a neuro, but we did see a cranio facial plastic

surgeon,who prescribed my daughter's band.

Keep us posted on your baby's progress.

-christine

sydney 21 mo starband grad

>

> i've been reading all of the posts, and learning a lot! this group

is really helping me gain the info i need regarding plagio. i just

have tons more questions the more i read, so here goes:

>

> we took rose to CT on tuesday, and they said she was moderate to

severe. they suggested getting a band, and are looking into our

insurance. they said that rose does not have toritcollis. do kids

get plagio w/o having tort? what is the next step people have taken?

insurance and then the band?

>

> i wear rose a lot, i have since she was born. lately i have been

using a sling, since it keeps pressure off of her head. does anyone

have experience with this?

>

> i keep reading about people going to neurosurgeons, and having

possible surgeries. are these related? do kids with plagio need to

see neurologists?

>

> we are taking rose to cranial sacro therapy in a couple of weeks.

anyone have experience with this?

>

> sorry for so many questions, and thanks in advance for taking the

time to help.

>

> jen

>

Guest guest

Good questions...I'll try to answer a few. :)

Yes, a child can have plagio but no tort. Usually, the two are

linked but not necessarily. We banded then dealt with insurance

(which in our case wasn't that bad...we have UHC and the links here

helped a ton). We banded first because our son was 7.5 months when

he got the band and I didn't want to waste precious time. Depending

on your daughter's age and severity would probably be a deciding

factor in banding then appealing insurance or vis versa. We were

okay with paying for the band out of pocket if needed (although were

thankful that insurance reimbursed 80%). I didn't do the sling

thing so I can't speak to that. The sling should help; however, I

would think to even out the two sides you'd want pressure on the

prominent side (which is what the band will do while allowing the

flat side to grow out). Surgery is only needed (at least my

understanding) if a child has craniosyntosis (premature fusing of

the sutures). Cranio is rare and most likely your little one does

not have that. Most peds. and CT would pick up on this. The band

won't work without surgery if it is cranio. My son had left plagio

and we went straight to CT. We never saw a neurologists or

neurosurgeon. We went to CT, got the measurements, had them sent to

our ped., I called our ped. the same day to tell him I really wanted

to band our son, and he wrote the script the same day. I've never

done CST so can't speak to that but I know there are moms here that

swear by it. HOpefully, something here was helpful. Everyone on

here is great about answering questions so feel free to ask

more. :>)

15 month old son (DOC band 7.5-9.5 months...then graduate!)

Guest guest

lets see, joey is moderate to severe as well with no torticollis so yes they do get it without tort. We actually tride repositioning, saw a neurosurgeon to rule out craniosynosis, got a script from our physician, interviewed Hanger and CT, decided on CT, called insurance and then had him banded.

As for a sling, he has been in a slings ince day 1 and still is with his band. though we use a mei tai more b/c he is over 25 lbs now.

On 10/4/07, Dodson <jad74@...> wrote:

i've been reading all of the posts, and learning a lot! this group is really helping me gain the info i need regarding plagio. i just have tons more questions the more i read, so here goes:

we took rose to CT on tuesday, and they said she was moderate to severe. they suggested getting a band, and are looking into our insurance. they said that rose does not have toritcollis. do kids get plagio w/o having tort? what is the next step people have taken? insurance and then the band?

i wear rose a lot, i have since she was born. lately i have been using a sling, since it keeps pressure off of her head. does anyone have experience with this?

i keep reading about people going to neurosurgeons, and having possible surgeries. are these related? do kids with plagio need to see neurologists?

we are taking rose to cranial sacro therapy in a couple of weeks. anyone have experience with this?

sorry for so many questions, and thanks in advance for taking the time to help.

jen

-- SC SAHM to , , and

www.joeysmanicmelon.blogspot.comwww.midscbwers.blogspot.com " We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. " ~Stacia Tauscher

Guest guest

>

> Ok, too much brain fog to look for my post-chronic candida post

> questions... Thank you for the reply Bee!

> In reply: I am very low on iodine(urine test) 50% low-iodized sea

salt not enough for me. I an on iodoral... Low on iodine majorly

effects the immune system and memory too. Imagine this brain of mine!

==>That's good you got tested before taking iodine. Do get tested

regularly.

>

> Here are some questions that I have great fear to ask, but must

know.

>

> I did have tingling in the head(went away now with all I am

doing...) Does that mean that candida is in my brain???

==>The tingling and other sensations in your head are caused by

candida toxins being released into the system. Candida puts out over

79 different kinds of toxins, most of which are alcohol, so what most

people experience in their heads is like a " hangover " .

> What is the worst thing that can happen? Can I die from candida?

> Can I go crazy? When it is dying off I do feel that way! Am taking

it slow but still you know...

==>Candida can kill people, and now with the new information from Dr.

Simoncini in Italy, he is discovering that cancer is not cancer,

instead it IS candida. That means cancer is not the scourge the

medicos try to make us believe it is, because you can cure it

yourself, mainly with nutrients!!

>

> It seems to be related to autism. Does it then cause some autistic

> symptoms in us?

==>Yes, it does cause autistic symptoms. There is a connection

between candida and autism; see articles in our Files - use your

Edit, Find on this page, on the Files page, to find it.

>

> Do people with aids die from candida complications?

==>Yes they do.

> Hope to not scare anyone! I just really need to know. Thank you!

==>Candida is a modern disease and it causes so many symptoms and

debilitation throughout the body which are all being " named " by the

medicos, which causes confusion and mistreatment of the real cause.

The real causes are lack of nutrients and too many toxins.

==>In fact nature doesn't intend for candida to change into an

overgrowing monster until the body dies. This is in order to " break

the body down " into dust. I knew a lady with diagnosed brain lesions,

and after she did the candida program and was re-tested there were no

brain lesions. Go figure.

==>Do not be afraid of candida overgrowth, be effective in curing it,

which mainly means nutrients (diet plus all supplements) and

elimination of toxins. With the proper nutrients your body will heal

itself, and the immune system will then " make " candida change back

into the friendly organism it is supposed to be in the body. After

curing candida it is important to maintain life-long health with

nutrients and elimination of toxins.

Bee

Guest guest

He does not use autism in medical records. I'm not sure he actually

uses as a dx as I'm not sure it has an ICD9 code but he does use

immune related codes.

cheryl

On Mar 16, 2008, at 5:17 PM, yorkm25 wrote:

> We are new to . We am located in Alabama. I want to get as much

> information on approach. If anyone is in alabama and knows what

> the resourses are around here that would be great. Also, what does the

> paperwork say for your children. Does it say they have autism, etc or

> a neuro dysfunction?

>

>

>

Guest guest

I am in AL, too. There are several of us on the list located throughout the

state. There is NOTHING here (medically) worth pursuing, in my opinion.

We've been working with Dr. G since Oct 2002 for my 9.5 year old son and we've

only traveled to visit him twice in that time. We do lab work at a local

hospital and we have a local pediatrician for sickness/emergencies. She knows

we are working with Dr. G and the approach we are taking and she " respects "

that, but doesn't indorse it.

As for paper work in the school system, my son was " developmentally delayed " (he

was tested as a preschooler and listed " PDD-NOS " ) and since turning 9 she is now

listed as " other health impaired " on his school records. I had to provide a

note from Dr. G explaining his immune system issues and medical history. The

system so wanted to stamp him " autism " (i.e. " lost cause " ) but I didn't allow

it.

Feel free to e-mail me off-list.

- in Mobile, AL

Reality lies beyond the horizon...

Wonderwegian

more questions

We are new to . We am located in Alabama. I want to get as much

information on approach. If anyone is in alabama and knows what

the resourses are around here that would be great. Also, what does the

paperwork say for your children. Does it say they have autism, etc or

a neuro dysfunction?

Guest guest

Hi,

Does Dr. G have a long waiting list. Do you know what he charges for an

initally visit? Why did you choose him for your child. Why that dr. instead of

a DAN. Was it something about your child that told you this was the right

direction for you. How is your son doing? Where are you in Alabama? Sorry for

all the questions. I just trying to make up for lost time. My son is 7.

m

more questions

We are new to . We am located in Alabama. I want to get as much

information on approach. If anyone is in alabama and knows what

the resourses are around here that would be great. Also, what does the

paperwork say for your children. Does it say they have autism, etc or

a neuro dysfunction?

Guest guest

Can you have a false positive blood test? Could you test Positive and

not have Lyme? Can you test negative and Have lyme?

You can have a false negative meaning that you can have Lyme, but it not show up

on the lab test; but you cannot have a false positive, meaning that if the lab

says you have Lyme, then you definitely have Lyme. No other bacteria can cause a

positive result on a Lyme test, especially a Lyme antibody test.

Is Lyme contagious? (Kissing?)

NO! There are some theories out there for possibilities of passing Lyme to

others through sexual contact(i.e.: through the semen or vaginal fluids), but

the only ways it's actually been scientifically been proven for being passed

from one person to another is...(1) from infected mother to fetus, (2) receiving

blood/blood products transfusion made from the blood of a Lyme infected blood

donor, (3) from the tick itself.

Can Lyme hide in your body for 30 years?

I've heard of Lyme being dormant for many years, so I would have to say that it

is most likely possible. The Lyme bacteria is very well known to be able to hide

in many areas of the body and change form (i.e.:spirochete to cystic) to evade

detection/destruction, so I would have to vote yes on that possibility. This is

one of the main reasons that the Lyme antibody test is very prone to false

negative results.

Do you always get a rash when bit?

NO! I never had a rash, at least not one typical for a tick bite that screams

" You just got bit by a tick " . The LDA and Lyme " Experts " estimate that only

approximately 60% of those infected with Lyme ever got the typical " bulls-eye "

rash. Ticks have a tendency to bite where people don't typically inspect on a

regular basis such as on the backside, within hairy areas such as on the scalp,

and areas normally covered with clothing. I had many bug bites on my body from

my camping trip, so I never saw nor recognized any rash or anything that could

distinguish the tick bite from the numerous other bug bites I had.

Have you ever heard of the Westchester Medical Center in New York.

They are supposed to have a walk in lyme center....

The internist doctor said that the Westerchester medical center was a

bunch of quacks and not to go there. Is anyone familiar with that center?

Sorry, I live in FL, so I'm not familiar with that medical center. You can

probably search for the website for that medical center on " google " or any other

main search engine and go to the website to at least get a phone number to get

more info in that regard. Sounds like the internist doc is very ignorant and

closed minded at the very least.

Has anyone heard about Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy??? What do you think

of this and does this help with lyme? Is it safe? Etc....

I have heard of it being done in addition to other treatments for Lyme, but I

don't know how successful it is in treating Lyme or any other tick-bourn

diseases. Is it safe? Personally I do not think it will make the Lyme disease

any worse; at least I've never read nor heard from anyone who has done

Hyperbaric treatments as having any adverse effects from it outside of causing

anxiety in those that are claustrophobic. I personally have not tried Hyperbaric

treatments; for I am trying IV antibiotic treatment, so perhaps others in the

group can advise further on this issue. As I know you are already aware, it can

be very expensive and very few insurance companies will pay for it.

Hope this helps!

Barbara-fellow Lyme patient

[ ] More Questions

Good Morning,

Again, thank you for all the info...

My sister is rattling off questions for you as I type.

She doesn't know how to access this group as of yet.

Can you have a false positive blood test? Could you test Positive and

not have Lyme? Can you test negative and Have lyme?

Is Lyme contagious? (Kissing?)

Can Lyme hide in your body for 30 years?

Do you always get a rash when bit?

Have you ever heard of the WestChester Medical Center in New York.

They are supposed to have a walk in lyme center....

The internist doctor said that the Westerchester medical center was a

bunch of quacks and not to go there. Is anyone familiar with that center?

By the way we are in New Jersey...about 40 mins. from New York City.

Has anyone heard about Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy??? What do you think

of this and does this help with lyme? Is it safe? Etc....

(This is very costly at $200.00 per hour and she'd need about 10

treatments.)

Thanks,

Guest guest

> [ ] More Questions

>

> Good Morning,

> Again, thank you for all the info...

> My sister is rattling off questions for you as I type.

> She doesn't know how to access this group as of yet.

>

> Can you have a false positive blood test?

Yes if you have had the Lyme vaacine for example

Could you test Positive and

> not have Lyme?

Not that I know of

Can you test negative and Have lyme?

Most assuredly!

>

> Is Lyme contagious? (Kissing?)

There seems to be indications it can be passed by sex and also mother's

milk.

>

> Can Lyme hide in your body for 30 years?

With no symptoms? Probably not but still noone really knows for sure.

>

> Do you always get a rash when bit?

I have read only 60% get a rash. Many get a rash later when they start

treating for Lyme.

>

> Have you ever heard of the WestChester Medical Center in New York.

> They are supposed to have a walk in lyme center....

> The internist doctor said that the Westerchester medical center was a

> bunch of quacks and not to go there. Is anyone familiar with

> that center?

Nope

>

> By the way we are in New Jersey...about 40 mins. from New York City.

>

> Has anyone heard about Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy??? What do you think

> of this and does this help with lyme? Is it safe? Etc....

There have been good studies it helps but seems very costly.

> (This is very costly at $200.00 per hour and she'd need about 10

> treatments.)

>

> Thanks,

>

My wife is using 104F hot tub soaks, epsom salt baths, Salt/C and grapefruit

seed extract. She is recovering.

Guest guest

>

> Hi,

>

> I have some more questions.

>

> I am still trying to figure out all the supplements:

> -I already had Magnesium-aspartaat from my docter, but I guess it

has

> to be Magnesium citrate?

> -I cannot find vitamine A in oil here(the Netherlands). I do have

> retinylpalmitaat instead, is that ok? It has 4000ie.

> -I do also have B vitamines with niacinamide and inositolhexaniacin.

> So in addition I need to have Niacine. Does that not give to many

B3?

>

> -My docter also gave Calcium Ascorbaat 1000mg as C-vitamine. Is that

> ok to use?

> -I also use Cellfood for minerals. Is that allowed?

>

> And also I see Liquid Chlorophyll is used. Is that the same as

Greens

> for Live?

==>Hi Magda. You can take Magnesium aspartate, and buy magnesium

citrate after, depending upon the ingredients in it. Send me the

information on the label.

Also send me the link for the Vitamin A.

Yes you need to take " true " Niacin (B3) in addition to your B

complex, and no it won't be too much B3.

Calcium Ascorbate contains calcium, so if you take it you need to

lower the amount of calcium you take, otherwise you will get too

much. You might not be able to take 4,000 mg per day as recommended,

depending upon the amount of calcium in it. But you could take 1,000

mg and get the rest of your vitamin C from a tablet like I recommend

in my article. After your calcium ascorbate is finished you can buy

plain ascorbic acid crystals instead.

The best, Bee

Guest guest

>

> Hi there,

>

> I'm sorry but I have loads more questions to ask.

>

> Eggs - I recently did an allergy test & was found to be allergic

(or rather developed a food sensitivity) to eggs. What should I do? I

have been taking Bee's raw egg drink that past 3 days every morning

with 1 TB VCO & 1 TBP Ghee. Should I only do it every 5 days or is

it ok to take it every day. I know that I need the nourishment fr

eggs esp since my digestion is so poor now. I'm so confused by this.

+++Hi Shirin. Food allergy tests are totally useless and

inaccurate. Laboratories don't use organic pure foods that don't

contain pesticides, etc. and they rinse them in solvents that they

don't remove from the food too. In addition the Antibody Theory upon

which allergy tests are based are totally false - see these articles:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/heal11.php

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/menu4_1.php

+++So yes, you can have the egg drink every day. If you get

reactions they will be healing/die-off reactions which is a good

thing. Eggs contain sulphur which is antifungal, so some people get

more healing reactions to them than others.

>

> Liver - I absolutely cant stand liver. Just the smell would make me

> wretch. Is it ok to buy liver tablets? I saw some at the health

food store that was dessicated defatted liver. Would this help.

+++Why do you want to take liver tablets?

>

> Shark liver oil - I noticed this on the supplements list. This is

for the Vit A content right?

+++Yes, shark liver oil is for the vitamin A (it shouldn't contain

vitamin D either) because you usually take it in addition to cod

liver oil to get enough, or in addition to fish oil which doesn't

contain vitamin A.

>

> Betaine HCL - I've been thru every health store in Singapore

> literally calling from the yellow pages & the only one that they

have is Twin Labs Super Enzymes which has all the enzymes with

Betaine HCl. Shipping from Vitacost would cost me an arm & leg so

this is the closest i can get to this. Should I take it or forego it

for now?

+++You can forego it, and have good unpasteurized sauerkraut

instead. Also see the list of things you should be doing to improve

your digestion in " How to Successfully Overcome Candida. "

>

> Chlorella - my doc has prescribed these to be along with the tonnes

> of other vitamins that costs a bomb. Anyway, all these are still

> sitting in my fridge. Are these ok to take with the diet?

+++Most people with candida don't do well on Chlorella, but if you do

okay they won't hurt you. The other supplements may not be good, but

if you list them I can help you decide.

> I'm trying to be as diligent as possible.

Good for you!!

The best, Bee

Guest guest

>

> Hi Bee & everyone.

>

> I've got more questions again.

>

> 1. I finally found Betaine HCl. Its 600 mg. So do I still continue

with

> the sauerkraut? I've been taking 1/4 cup of sauerkraut together

with

> each meal. Also I've got hiatus hernia. Is it ok to do the Hcl?

+++Hi Shirin. Yes, you can still eat the sauerkraut along with

taking HCl supplements. HCl won't cause any problems with a hiatal

hernia. I used to have one too.

>

> 2. Electrolyte drink - I was explaining this to my husband & he

asked why do we need to have electrolyte drink 6x. He said if the

body is not dehydrated then wouldnt water be enuf. Well I told him

about the benefits of the lemon water & sea salt but he does have a

point. Could u explain this please. I now only have the electrolyte

drink once in the morning when I get up and once before dinner. Could

u please advice the best times to take it.

+++You do not " have to " drink the Electrolyte Drink to obtain the

same benefits from it. You can add enough ocean sea salt to your

foods to obtain all of the minerals it contains (over 84). You can

add lemon juice to foods too. Both ocean sea salt and lemon juice

aid digestion: this is what is listed under Improving Digestion

in " How to Successfully Overcome Candida " :

" 4. Drink about 3 to 4 ounces of the electrolyte drink (lemon juice

and ocean sea salt in water) just before you begin to eat a meal, and

sip the remainder of the 6 ounces throughout the meal. "

+++Both lemon juice and ocean sea salt increase stomach acid, which

candida sufferers are low in. It also activates the first digestive

enzyme in the mouth, called amylase.

Ocean sea salt also contains two of the 7 macrominerals required by

the body, which are sodium and chloride (those 2 minerals together

equal salt). See " The Importance of Good Ocean Sea Salt in the

Diet " ; http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/salt3.php

See this article about the benefits of lemons:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/foods29.php

Drinking a lot of water doesn't work very well because the water in

our cells is actually derived from the metabolism of fats. (The water

we drink mostly goes into the blood stream and then out via the

kidneys.) - see this article:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/skin2.php

Also water must have electrolytes in order to be utilized.

Electrolytes are minerals found in ocean sea salt, foods, and in good

mineralized water, as explained in " How to Successfully Overcome

Candida. "

> I'm feeling really terrible today. Horrible migraine and body ache.

I'm hoping it'll soon pass.

+++I hope you feel better soon too.

Luv, Bee

Guest guest

Hi Bee,

Thanks so much for patiently answering my questions.

I'm now doing 2 raw eggs in my egg drink every morning. And the

electrolyte drink 2x a day. I've also got the supplements pretty much

in order. I found the calcium citrate!! It comes with magnesium tho so

I top it up with the magnesium that I have.

Just a couple more things. I'm wondering regarding the VitD as

Singapore is sunny all year round so do I need to take it?

And for the VitA, can I just get any VitA or does it specifically have

to be Shark liver oil? The vitA in my cod liver oil is only 1000IU and

the Vit D is 100 IU.

Thanks Bee. Hope you're having a great day!

Guest guest

>

> Hi Bee,

>

> Thanks so much for patiently answering my questions.

>

> I'm now doing 2 raw eggs in my egg drink every morning. And the

> electrolyte drink 2x a day. I've also got the supplements pretty

much

> in order. I found the calcium citrate!! It comes with magnesium tho

so

> I top it up with the magnesium that I have.

>

> Just a couple more things. I'm wondering regarding the VitD as

> Singapore is sunny all year round so do I need to take it?

+++Hi Shirin. That's great you've got your cal/mag figured out. You

need to take vitamin D if you do not get enough sun exposure with

enough area of your skin, during certain times of the day, and for

the length of time noted in " How to Successfully Overcome Candida. "

>

> And for the VitA, can I just get any VitA or does it specifically

have to be Shark liver oil? The vitA in my cod liver oil is only

1000IU and the Vit D is 100 IU.

+++You can use any fish liver oil, which are Halibut, Cod or Shark.

I buy halibut capsules which contain 10,000 IU vitamin A and 400 IU

vitamin D, so I take 3 per day along with Fish Oil (omega 3 only,

while I'm waiting for my order of cod liver oil to arrive.

>

> Thanks Bee. Hope you're having a great day!

I'm doing good today. I'm off on trip however so I have to get read

in a couple of minutes.

Luv, Bee

Guest guest

>

> Bee,

> I have been reading the website more and more. Like I said in my

> introduction, I have been doing no grains/sugars etc for over a

year

> and felt I had the candida well controlled. As of today, I have

also

> cut out dairy etc considering I just found out I am casein

> intolerant.

+++Patty, the diet you followed for over a year was probably very

inadequate for building up the immune system. Many candida sufferers

are casein intolerant, so you can have ghee, which is butter that has

the casein and proteins removed.

> I have a few more questions:

> On Monday evening the asthma got fairly critical. I ended up at

> Urgent Care (preferable to calling an ambulance and going to the

> hospital). I received a steroid shot and am now on antibiotics and

> prednisone for asthmatic bronchitis, ear infections and sinus

> infections. This is the first time in a year and 1/2 I have gotten

> so sick with an infection I had to see a doctor or take antibiotics.

> The Epstein Barr virus is active again and causing severe

> inflammation of my lungs. All of this started from working in a

> toxic building for a short time. I guess I did too much too soon.

+++Your own body creates viruses and bacteria in order to clean

itself up, i.e. clear out toxins. In other words you do not " catch "

them anymore than you can catch candida. It's like the analogy of

the manure pile and the flies, with the manure pile representing the

poor condition of the body (loaded with toxins and lacking proper

nutrients, etc.). Therefore you cannot get rid of the manure pile by

killing off the flies with drugs. Any and all drugs are very

toxic/poisonous to the body, so now your body has to work even harder

to get rid of those toxins. See this article to understand more:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/germ12.php

> I have been trying everything natural for over 2 months and

literally got to the point I could not breathe. I know these drugs

will probably make the candida come back nasty, so, I want to prevent

or mitigate a flare:

+++2 months is not long enough; it takes 1 month for every year

you've been unhealthy. Also the most important aspect of natural

healing is " proper nutrients " which is my diet plus all supplements.

The timing start when you are completely on the diet and taking all

of the supplements.

+++During natural healing your body also " retraces " any previous

symptoms, illnesses, diseases, organ malfunctions, medical & dental

treatments/surgeries, injuries, etc. according to Hering's Law of

Cure: http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/menu1_1_2.php

> ...Is the water kefir ok to continue taking?

> ...Is it OK to kefir coconut milk?

+++You should eliminate all kefir until you have completed all 4

steps of my program.

> ...On your egg drink, is it OK to add juiced veggies to it? Is

that drink for one meal or to drink over the day?

+++Yes, you can add juiced veggies to it; the egg drink is enough for

one meal.

> ...Any other suggestions on how to get through this fast and with

the least bad outcome.

+++What do you mean by " fast? "

> The doctor refused to give me Diflucan with the antibiotic. It's

once a day for 5 days.

+++Difulcan should never be taken since it is very toxic and

extremely hard on the liver. Natural antifungals aren't toxic and do

not damage the liver. Besides the only way to cure candida or any

other disease, illness, malfunction is by building up the immune

system. When the immune system becomes strong enough it " makes "