RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Introducing myself

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The funny thing is that as I'm learning about this some of the reason may be my reading more into what he's saying than what he even meant. For example, when I considered getting an apartment to test out a separation, he said no we either stick together or separate for good. Well I read a lot into that statement about how committed he was, etc. etc. and I wasn't ready to quit for good, so I stayed..for good. But now that I'm learning more I think he is just to black and white to be able to deal with the uncertainty.

How did you learn about the underlying cause? Have you been "officially" diagnosed? If so, what prompted you to seek this out?Thanks

Introducing myself

Hi,Just wanted to introduce myself as I am a new member of your group. I only learned of Aspergers in the last 6 months. In that time I have come to my own conclusion that my husband of 12 years (plus 7 years dating) is an Aspie. He has also read about it some and quietly admitted that he agrees with this conclusion. We went through a very difficult time 7 years ago when he lost his job as a programmer (dot.bomb) for the second time and went into a depression (although I didn't realize). I pulled away hoping he would follow me and he never did. I considered leaving but his black and white reality kept me from ending things permanently.I just learned to stop asking him for much of anything (emotionally speaking). We now have 2 beautiful children ages 6 & 1. I'm a little bit worried to think that this may never change. I get a lot of questions from people about why he doesn't talk, disappears during social gathers or why he "doesn't like" them. It's all very hard to explain. I'm not sure if I should try to encourage him to go see someone or what.The way I learned about this is from my aunt. A close cousin of mine committed suicide almost 4 years ago at age 34. I've just learned from his mother (my aunt) that he was diagnosed with Aspergers one year before he died.Anyway - I have never been in a group like this before so any direction or input is appreciated. Also have patience with me as I'm not yet in tune with all of the acronymns you are using.Thanks!