RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Welcome New members!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi and EN Group Members!First of all, Welcome to all our new members. We had 5 new members join today. I'm glad you found us, but I'm sorry you are dealing with EN or PG. Most of us know that EN has many triggers. About 100 documented and 400 estimated. But the question remains WHY do we "special" people come down with EN when exposed to these triggers unlike 99+% of the population who never get EN when exposed to these triggers? I think it is a genetic predisposition myself. The good news is that when a genetic predisposition is discovered or identified, it can be studied and in some cases medical scientists will figure out how to switch genes off--sometimes by using a novel medication. The bad news is that virtually no one is studying EN from the genetic or any angle at the present time that I am aware of. The answer is money!

If we decide to fund the research it will be done. There is not a medical scientist who doesn't look for grant money to fund his research. They are not especially particular. Show them the money and they will do the research. It is a job like any other job. Doing scientific research is a great job and the alternative is looking for any related work in this difficult economy. To contribute to EN Research, you can make an outright contribution to NORD, the National Or. for Rare Disorders or use your pay pal or any credit card to contribute through my poetry site. I will send the funds to NORD and announce each and every contribution. I took this on myself because so many of you found it cumbersome to deal with NORD. It requires writing them a letter telling them to earmark the money for Erythema Nodosum research ONLY. So what I have been doing is collecting funds and sending them to NORD myself telling them who made the contributions. It is

more work for me, but easier for you and for NORD. Here is my Donate URL. Remember you will not get a poem--all your contribution will go to EN Research. If you want to commission a personalized poem, I will donate 10% of the cost to EN Research. http://poems2order.wordpress.com/donate-to-erythema-nodosum-research/Wishing Everyone a Blessed Palm Sunday today and a Happy Passover tomorrow.Love,Idiopathic EN since '68 in Remission now!http://poems2order.wordpress.com/Please enter Erythema Nodosum.........Thanks!