RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Disability

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My doctors also did a great job describing the situation. Sandie did you get awarded by SSA or a private firm?

I was awarded by SSA

Sandie

Never look down on SomeoneUnless you're willing to help them UpSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

Hi Janine,

I was dx 38 yrs ago, but because of cleft palate at birth, then a collapsed lung preventing palate repair I spent my first 20 yrs in and out of hospital and had 25+ surgeries, thus compounding the bronc I suppose. I didn’t manage to get through any year at school w/out a lot of time off, and apart from a few better years in my 20s have found it very hard to sustain employment because I would have to have too much time off, and therefore kept losing jobs...

I went onto a disability pension in my late 40s, some 7 yrs ago.

I live in Australia, and sometimes it’s easy to complain about health services (have had some serious failings in the hospital/dental system in diff parts of Aus) but bottom line is that if I can’t afford insurance the ‘welfare’ services have to. It’s often not ideal - long waits, sometimes poor, failed or mis-dx and wrong treatments....

Going on a pension relieved me of enormous stress as I’d long passed the point of managing full-time work, and part-time was barely enough to survive anyway – so I’m well used to a reduced income.

I do hope things work out for you, It’s bad enough w the disease in itself, and hope there’s someone US side who can help you find a solution,

My heartfelt wishes

Joy

-- --

" Wealth is nothing, position is nothing, fame is nothing.

Who you become inside is everything.

What happens to you is not as important as how you react to what happens. "