RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Serrapaptase-Caution

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was surfing the web for more info on this enzyme and found that it may be responsible for causing pheumonitis on this web site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serrapeptase. I have copied and pasted the excerpt for all to review. Let us all be careful and check with our Dr. before taking any natural remedy. It sounded great, however I am now definately going to check with my plumonologist. Two negative abstracts from PubMed on serrapeptase induced lung disease: "Hirahara K, Saitoh T, Terada I, Uno K, Nagai A, Kioi S, Arakawa M. A case of pneumonitis due to Serrapeptase was described. A 69-year-old man was treated with Serrapeptase for 16 days because of common cold, then fever, nonproductive cough and dyspnea developed and chest X-ray revealed diffuse fine granular shadows in bilateral lung

fields. Once the administration of Serrapeptase was halted, symptoms, chest X-ray abnormalities and laboratory data improved markedly. The fraction of lymphocytes increased in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and OKT4/T8 decreased. Microscopic examination of transbronchial lung biopsy showed interstitial pneumonia. Both leukocyte migration inhibition test and sensitized hemagglutination test were positive for Serrapeptase. Based on these findings, we diagnosed this case as Serrapeptase-induced pneumonitis. PMID: 2693781 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]" "Sasaki S, Kawanami R, Motizuki Y, Nakahara Y, Kawamura T, Tanaka A, Watanabe S. Department of Internal Medicine, National Himeji Hospital, Hyogo, Japan. An 84-year-old man was referred to our hospital because of fever, cough, and hemoptysis. The patient had acute respiratory failure (PaO2 < 40 mmHg) on admission, with diffuse interstitial infiltration and bilateral pleural effusion. The

bronchoalveolar lavage fluid was bloody, and contained a high percentage of eosinophils (32%). A diagnosis of acute eosinophilic pneumonia was established, and the patient made a rapid recovery after corticosteroids were administered. When the DLST (drug lymphocyte stimulation test) was performed after the corticosteroid therapy was stopped, it was positive for serrapeptase, which had been prescribed for chronic cystitis for 3 months before the onset of the pneumonia. This was a case of drug (serrapeptase)-induced pneumonitis manifesting as acute eosinophilic pneumonia. PMID: 11019569 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]" Read more about serrapeptase in the definative book by Redfern 'The Miracle Enzyme'. Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serrapeptase"

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I was surfing the web for more info on this enzyme and found that it may be responsible for causing pheumonitis on this web site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serrapeptase. I have copied and pasted the excerpt for all to review. Let us all be careful and check with our Dr. before taking any natural remedy. It sounded great, however I am now definately going to check with my plumonologist. Two negative abstracts from PubMed on serrapeptase induced lung disease: "Hirahara K, Saitoh T, Terada I, Uno K, Nagai A, Kioi S, Arakawa M. A case of pneumonitis due to Serrapeptase was described. A 69-year-old man was treated with Serrapeptase for 16 days because of common cold, then fever, nonproductive cough and dyspnea developed and chest X-ray revealed diffuse fine granular shadows in bilateral lung

fields. Once the administration of Serrapeptase was halted, symptoms, chest X-ray abnormalities and laboratory data improved markedly. The fraction of lymphocytes increased in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and OKT4/T8 decreased. Microscopic examination of transbronchial lung biopsy showed interstitial pneumonia. Both leukocyte migration inhibition test and sensitized hemagglutination test were positive for Serrapeptase. Based on these findings, we diagnosed this case as Serrapeptase-induced pneumonitis. PMID: 2693781 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]" "Sasaki S, Kawanami R, Motizuki Y, Nakahara Y, Kawamura T, Tanaka A, Watanabe S. Department of Internal Medicine, National Himeji Hospital, Hyogo, Japan. An 84-year-old man was referred to our hospital because of fever, cough, and hemoptysis. The patient had acute respiratory failure (PaO2 < 40 mmHg) on admission, with diffuse interstitial infiltration and bilateral pleural effusion. The

bronchoalveolar lavage fluid was bloody, and contained a high percentage of eosinophils (32%). A diagnosis of acute eosinophilic pneumonia was established, and the patient made a rapid recovery after corticosteroids were administered. When the DLST (drug lymphocyte stimulation test) was performed after the corticosteroid therapy was stopped, it was positive for serrapeptase, which had been prescribed for chronic cystitis for 3 months before the onset of the pneumonia. This was a case of drug (serrapeptase)-induced pneumonitis manifesting as acute eosinophilic pneumonia. PMID: 11019569 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]" Read more about serrapeptase in the definative book by Redfern 'The Miracle Enzyme'. Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serrapeptase"

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.