RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Excessive drinking of water-is it one of Miralax's side effect?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lucy, yes, the Miralax pulls all the water out of your body into your bowels, if not deficated normally, it keeps pulling the water and salt (electrolytels) from the brain. (This info was given to me by a ped neuro). This will indeed make someone thristy, thirst is also a sign of dehydration. This drug can cause hyponatremia which is a dangerous condition, especially for young children.Definition of HyponatremiaFat-Fighting Foods Take the Quiz: The Human Body Causes of Fatigue Slideshow Pictures Hyponatremia: An abnormally low concentration of sodium in the blood. Too little sodium can cause cells to malfunction, and extremely low sodium can be fatal. Hyponatremia has many causes including medications such as diuretics and antidepressants, hypothyroidism, cortisone deficiency (such as in 's disease), dehydration, vomiting or diarrhea, severe burns, kidney or heart failure, and cirrhosis.The symptoms of hyponatremia include bloating and puffiness in the face and fingers, nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, headache and disorientation.Hyponatremia has increasingly become a problem in high-endurance events such as marathons, ultramarathons, hiking and long military marches. Athletes need to drink regularly, for example during a long race, to preventdehydration, but excess water can lead to hyponatremia.Another reason for not wanting to drink as much after taking it is, it makes you nauseous. When they put my dd on it, you could see the nausea in her face even thinking about eating and she was only on it 10 days. The morning nausea happened every day ever since. We're still trying to fix her gut. I have a pediatric nero friend who pulled his child off this med when he found out it could cause this and that's not even the worst thing about this drug! Jeanie To: miralax Sent: Sun, March 4, 2012 8:26:39 AMSubject: Excessive drinking of water-is it one of Miralax's side effect?

My daughter has been off Miralax for two weeks. One thing I noticed is that she used to drink about 18oz of water a day when she was on Miralax(this does not include milk and other fluid)and now she only drinks about 4 oz water a day no matter how hard I try to make her drink more. I wonder if it was the miralax made her always thirsty before. Does anyone of you had experience with that?

Thanks.

Lucy

Guest guest

Thanks, Jeanie. I feel so sad now knowing that Miralax caused all this. My DD was on Miralax for so long (six months!!). She is only a year old now and she couldn't even tell me how bad she felt when she was on it. I am glad I found this group and I will never trust any doctor anymore. I went through five pediatricians before I started Miralax on my daughter. ( I was so hesitating to give it to my DD who was six month old at that time) and every single one persuaded me to give it to my DD. I am so angry at them at this point.

Lucy

To: miralax Sent: Sunday, March 4, 2012 11:52 AMSubject: Re: Excessive drinking of water-is it one of Miralax's side effect?

Lucy, yes, the Miralax pulls all the water out of your body into your bowels, if not deficated normally, it keeps pulling the water and salt (electrolytels) from the brain. (This info was given to me by a ped neuro). This will indeed make someone thristy, thirst is also a sign of dehydration. This drug can cause hyponatremia which is a dangerous condition, especially for young children.

Definition of Hyponatremia

Fat-Fighting Foods

Take the Quiz: The Human Body

Causes of Fatigue Slideshow Pictures

Hyponatremia: An abnormally low concentration of sodium in the blood. Too little sodium can cause cells to malfunction, and extremely low sodium can be fatal. Hyponatremia has many causes including medications such as diuretics and antidepressants, hypothyroidism, cortisone deficiency (such as in 's disease), dehydration, vomiting or diarrhea, severe burns, kidney or heart failure, and cirrhosis.

The symptoms of hyponatremia include bloating and puffiness in the face and fingers, nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, headache and disorientation.

Hyponatremia has increasingly become a problem in high-endurance events such as marathons, ultramarathons, hiking and long military marches. Athletes need to drink regularly, for example during a long race, to preventdehydration, but excess water can lead to hyponatremia.

Another reason for not wanting to drink as much after taking it is, it makes you nauseous. When they put my dd on it, you could see the nausea in her face even thinking about eating and she was only on it 10 days. The morning nausea happened every day ever since. We're still trying to fix her gut. I have a pediatric nero friend who pulled his child off this med when he found out it could cause this and that's not even the worst thing about this drug!

Jeanie

To: miralax Sent: Sun, March 4, 2012 8:26:39 AMSubject: Excessive drinking of water-is it one of Miralax's side effect?

My daughter has been off Miralax for two weeks. One thing I noticed is that she used to drink about 18oz of water a day when she was on Miralax(this does not include milk and other fluid)and now she only drinks about 4 oz water a day no matter how hard I try to make her drink more. I wonder if it was the miralax made her always thirsty before. Does anyone of you had experience with that? Thanks.Lucy

Guest guest

I tend to use doctors as a resource. I don't trust anything they say, but do take it into consideration. I look at them like the internet or package insert on a medication, or my herb/supplement books. They surely don't know everything but they MIGHT have some ideas. Like you, Lucy, doctors have screwed up my kids way too much because I put too much trust in them. So, now, I trust me. :)

Thanks, Jeanie. I feel so sad now knowing that Miralax caused all this. My DD was on Miralax for so long (six months!!). She is only a year old now and she couldn't even tell me how bad she felt when she was on it. I am glad I found this group and I will never trust any doctor anymore. I went through five pediatricians before I started Miralax on my daughter. ( I was so hesitating to give it to my DD who was six month old at that time) and every single one persuaded me to give it to my DD. I am so angry at them at this point.

Lucy

To: miralax Sent: Sunday, March 4, 2012 11:52 AMSubject: Re: Excessive drinking of water-is it one of Miralax's side effect?

Lucy, yes, the Miralax pulls all the water out of your body into your bowels, if not deficated normally, it keeps pulling the water and salt (electrolytels) from the brain. (This info was given to me by a ped neuro). This will indeed make someone thristy, thirst is also a sign of dehydration. This drug can cause hyponatremia which is a dangerous condition, especially for young children.

Fat-Fighting Foods

Hyponatremia: An abnormally low concentration of sodium in the blood. Too little sodium can cause cells to malfunction, and extremely low sodium can be fatal. Hyponatremia has many causes including medications such as diuretics and antidepressants, hypothyroidism, cortisone deficiency (such as in 's disease), dehydration, vomiting or diarrhea, severe burns, kidney or heart failure, and cirrhosis.

The symptoms of hyponatremia include bloating and puffiness in the face and fingers, nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, headache and disorientation.

Hyponatremia has increasingly become a problem in high-endurance events such as marathons, ultramarathons, hiking and long military marches. Athletes need to drink regularly, for example during a long race, to preventdehydration, but excess water can lead to hyponatremia.

Another reason for not wanting to drink as much after taking it is, it makes you nauseous. When they put my dd on it, you could see the nausea in her face even thinking about eating and she was only on it 10 days. The morning nausea happened every day ever since. We're still trying to fix her gut. I have a pediatric nero friend who pulled his child off this med when he found out it could cause this and that's not even the worst thing about this drug!

Jeanie

To: miralax Sent: Sun, March 4, 2012 8:26:39 AMSubject: Excessive drinking of water-is it one of Miralax's side effect?

My daughter has been off Miralax for two weeks. One thing I noticed is that she used to drink about 18oz of water a day when she was on Miralax(this does not include milk and other fluid)and now she only drinks about 4 oz water a day no matter how hard I try to make her drink more. I wonder if it was the miralax made her always thirsty before. Does anyone of you had experience with that? Thanks.Lucy

Guest guest

I'm sorry too Lucy, think about how many times they choke on things they drink when they're this little and it's a liquid plastic in their lungs. check out this individual report that shows the nurse displaced the nasel gastric tube into their lungs instead of their stomach. This is what happens when you bring them to the hospital for a major clean out. One of the members on here specifically told them that her son had a sever adverse reaction to Miralax and they proceeded to give him GoLytely, which is PEG with electrolytes (SAME MEDICATION) , Yes, he had an even worse reaction, more damage done.............We're calling Hansen from dateline, this makes me sick to my stomach and I'm glad I can be here for you..............Jeanie To: "miralax " <miralax >Sent: Sun, March 4, 2012 1:15:00 PMSubject: Re: Excessive drinking of water-is it one of Miralax's side effect?

Lucy

Fat-Fighting Foods

Jeanie

1 of 1 File(s)

child aspirated PEG.pdf

Guest guest

My daughter tends to drink very little water but I do 'make' her drink more.

That is, I offer it to her during snacks because otherwise she would not go help

herself. And at mealtimes I fill the cup to a reasonable amount and tell her

that she does need to drink it before she can be excused from the table. Again,

I'm not making her drink tons-- it's probably two to three regular size glasses

per day and she is now 11 and over 5 feet tall, so that gives you an idea of

proportions. When she was younger I would fill the glass only half-way.

I recently had her blood work done and there were two things that were high,

which the naturopath said often happens if the person is slightly dehydrated and

doesn't drink much water. Also my daughter's vitamin D was extremely low... 30

to 100 was the normal range and hers was a 14.

Constipation can be a sign of low vitamin D, and also the

not-wanting-much-to-drink can be a sign of low vitamin D. So I've just started

giving her a liquid gel capsule of 2000 iu's per day (sometimes I miss a day).

I'm hoping to see her wanting to drink more liquid on her own. It's too soon to

see any change--we just started the vitamin D about a couple of weeks ago.

Hope that helps,

W

>

> My daughter has been off Miralax for two weeks. One thing I noticed is that

she used to drink about 18oz of water a day when she was on Miralax(this does

not include milk and other fluid)and now she only drinks about 4 oz water a day

no matter how hard I try to make her drink more. I wonder if it was the miralax

made her always thirsty before. Does anyone of you had experience with that?

>

> Thanks.

>

> Lucy

>