RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Weight Gain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

The protein shakes will give your Mum nourishment, but I doubt she will put on weight with those alone. Does your Mum have an appetite at all, and are there any foods that she enjoys? If so, she should try to eat as much as possible. We were told in pulmonary rehab classes that even a little fatty food is not so bad when you are underweight and need to build up. Is this a gradual weight loss, or because she is recovering from an infection or flareup? I usually find that once I start to feel well, my appetite improves, and I start to put on weight.

I suffer from enormous weight loss. I'm 5'5" and to date weigh 104. I'm not one of those people that lives to eat..I eat when I'm hungry. I'm not one to eat when I'm bored or depressed neither.

I literally have no butt nor hips. It hurts to sit in my car ..after about an hour..driving. I'm literally sitting on my butt bone..no cushion.

I'm now in a size 0..sometimes a 1. My normal size is a 7/8.

I know the reason for my weight loss. I've lost all my muscle mass and have no body fat to speak of.

I'm using Boost and I dump all the extras on my food every chance I get.

It sux being this thin. I avoid mirrors because I hate the way I look. I used to have a figure..boobs..and now I'm a mere twig..it is what it is folks..I just take it one day at a time

Hugs n best to y'all

Sandie in MD

My Tears don't comprimise my Strength...They never have...

Guest guest

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced weight gain while on continual antibiotics. I'm doing Pilates 2x's a week and really eat pretty well -but recently I have been gaining weight - and it just makes no sense.Thanks.

are you on steroids?

Never Look Down on SomeoneUnless You're Willing to Help Them UpStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

Nope – not on steroids….just can’t seem to loose anything – but on

these rotating antibiotics…I read sometimes yeast can cause the inability to

loose weight….so I’m eating yogurt and taking ProBiotics – but just thought I

would throw out the question.

bronchiectasis [mailto:bronchiectasis ] On

Behalf Of Sunniesback55@...

Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 4:47 AM

To: bronchiectasis

Subject: Re: Weight Gain

In a message dated 1/28/2008 7:43:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, teambrown@...

writes:

I'm

wondering if anyone has experienced weight gain while on continual

antibiotics. I'm doing Pilates 2x's a week and really eat pretty well -

but recently I have been gaining weight - and it just makes no sense.

Thanks.

are you on steroids?

Never Look Down on Someone

Unless You're Willing to Help Them Up

Start the year off right. Easy

ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

This is a hard one – and even if you’re not much overweight, in these days of obesity doctors, let alone other people realise how much just a little overweight puts more load onto the heart and lungs to try and get O2 around the body, adding to the general fatigue and reluctance to exercise.

If you mean fungal infx by ‘yeast’, I couldn’t say, I was underweight when it was at its worst, but probably because so unwell generally. The yoghurt and pro-biotics will help your digestive system absorb the nutrients you need, but I wouldn’t think would make much diff to weight. If constipated, that would add to weight prob.

The only way I can get those extra kilos (pounds) off is eat light for the evening meal, and early (pref around 6pm or earlier, but not later than 7pm). Since I don’t have a family to feed this is probably easier than for some. However, if those who rely on you making the evening meal, talk to them, ask for their help in this, not to expect you to cook a meal you are better off not eating, esp if after 8-9pm.

Guess the other thing is checking calorie content of everything you eat, our local group had a guest speaker talk to us about diet, and had a lot of packets (empty!), which we could compare the contents/ingredient of. Rather scary that the ones with the biggest claims to be ‘fat free’ etc were in some cases so high in sugar that they were worse than something you knew was a ‘sweet’.

Don’t know if any of this is much use to you, but I hope something helps!

joy