RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Infrared saunas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sounds like a good regimen. I go in with my husband and we have plenty to talk about by days end. Or, most often we just lay back and enjoy. He scrubs my back and I scrub his! glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...> wrote: I love to take a good book in my sauna and read. It makes the time go really fast. I usually stay in 30-45 mimutes at about 130 degrees and by then I'm sweating really good. I take a shower and head to bed and sleep like a baby.Patty> >>>> Hi,> >>>> > >>>> I finally found my brochure from Miracle Heat Infrared Saunas. It> >>> states> >>>> that in one study performed by American researchers, the sweat of> >>> people> >>>> using a conventional sauna was found to be 95% to 97% water while> >>> the sweat> >>>> of those using a far-infrared thermal system was 80% to 85% water> >>> with the> >>>> non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat soluble toxins,> >>> toxic heavy> >>>> metals (such as mercury and alumnum), surfuric acid, sodium,> >>> amonia and uric> >>>> acid. This unusually high concentration of heavy metals and other> >>> fat> >>>> soluble

toxins is not found in the sweat from normal exercise.> >>>> > >>>> Kenda> >>>> > >>>>>> Infrared saunas work differently than regular heated> >>>>>> saunas. . . The air temperature of an infrared sauna> >>>>>> is never very high . . . It just feels that way!> >>>>>> > >>>>>> The infrared light penetrates the tissues as much as> >>>>>> two inches, triggering the release of toxins. When I> >>>>>> used the regular saunas for an extended period, I> >>>>>> ended up exhausted. . . With infrared, I feel cleansed> >>>>>> and invigorated.> >>>>>> > >>>>>> Nevertheless, anyway you can sweat is beneficial. What> >>>>>> scares me are people

who say they can't sweat because> >>>>>> it makes them sick. They don't understand that what> >>>>>> they are experiencing is a Herx. . . So they need it> >>>>>> all the more. . . but they need to start gently and> >>>>>> stay with it!> >>>>>> > >>>>>> There are times when the towel I use as a mop has an> >>>>>> incredibly horrible smell! . . . It's always somewhat> >>>>>> stiff after it dries.> >>>>>> > >>>>>> Hugs,> >>>>>> > >>>>>> Rogene> >>>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>> > >>>>>

> >>>>> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice> >>> given by licensed> >>>>> health care professionals. Consult your physician or licensed> >>> health care> >>>>> professional before commencing any medical treatment.> >>>>> > >>>>> "Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians> >>> mislead you.> >>>>> Find out what the facts are, and make your own decisions about> >>> how to live a> >>>>> happy life and how to work for a better world." - Linus ing,> >>> two-time> >>>>> Nobel Prize Winner (1954, Chemistry; 1963, Peace)> >>>>> > >>>>> See our photos website! Enter "implants" for access at this link:> >>>>> http://.shutterfly.com/action/> >>>>> > >>>>>

Guest guest

Sounds heavenly! I can't wait. :)

A massage therapist told me yesterday that I shouldn't get a sauna because I

am already thin and struggle to maintain my weight. Do any of you who have

a far infrared sauna lose weight from it? I can see that you could lose

water weight if you don't hydrate yourself but how about weight loss due to

increased metabolism because of the sauna? I sure don't need that. :( My

metabolism is zooming already.

Kenda

> Wonderful, yes. I put on some relaxing music and lay down and stretch and

> sometimes knead tired muscles. I find it relaxing to just lay there peacefully

> at other times after a long day. Then I take a shower and go out into the

> cooling room and sit for a few minutes.

>

> Cherie <cheriesut@...> wrote: I like the quiet time too - I like to

> bring in my MP3 player and

> listen to praise music while doing gentle stretches of my neck and

> shoulders. One of those good quiet places to go and reflect or just

> spend time with God.

> Cherie

>

>>>>>>> Hi,

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> I finally found my brochure from Miracle Heat Infrared

>> Saunas. It

>>>>>> states

>>>>>>> that in one study performed by American researchers, the

>> sweat of

>>>>>> people

>>>>>>> using a conventional sauna was found to be 95% to 97% water

>> while

>>>>>> the sweat

>>>>>>> of those using a far-infrared thermal system was 80% to 85%

>> water

>>>>>> with the

>>>>>>> non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat soluble

> toxins,

>>>>>> toxic heavy

>>>>>>> metals (such as mercury and alumnum), surfuric acid, sodium,

>>>>>> amonia and uric

>>>>>>> acid. This unusually high concentration of heavy metals

> and

>> other

>>>>>> fat

>>>>>>> soluble toxins is not found in the sweat from normal

> exercise.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> Kenda

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> Infrared saunas work differently than regular heated

>>>>>>>>> saunas. . . The air temperature of an infrared sauna

>>>>>>>>> is never very high . . . It just feels that way!

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> The infrared light penetrates the tissues as much as

>>>>>>>>> two inches, triggering the release of toxins. When I

>>>>>>>>> used the regular saunas for an extended period, I

>>>>>>>>> ended up exhausted. . . With infrared, I feel cleansed

>>>>>>>>> and invigorated.

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> Nevertheless, anyway you can sweat is beneficial. What

>>>>>>>>> scares me are people who say they can't sweat because

>>>>>>>>> it makes them sick. They don't understand that what

>>>>>>>>> they are experiencing is a Herx. . . So they need it

>>>>>>>>> all the more. . . but they need to start gently and

>>>>>>>>> stay with it!

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> There are times when the towel I use as a mop has an

>>>>>>>>> incredibly horrible smell! . . . It's always somewhat

>>>>>>>>> stiff after it dries.

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> Hugs,

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>> Rogene

>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of

> advice

>>>>>> given by licensed

>>>>>>>> health care professionals. Consult your physician or

> licensed

>>>>>> health care

>>>>>>>> professional before commencing any medical treatment.

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> " Do not let either the medical authorities or the

> politicians

>>>>>> mislead you.

>>>>>>>> Find out what the facts are, and make your own decisions

>> about

>>>>>> how to live a

>>>>>>>> happy life and how to work for a better world. " - Linus

>> ing,

>>>>>> two-time

>>>>>>>> Nobel Prize Winner (1954, Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> See our photos website! Enter " implants " for access at

> this

>> link:

>>>>>>>> http://.shutterfly.com/action/

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Thank you, . I look forward to getting mine and I definitely want to

do it right.

Kenda

> It's good to drink water in the sauna. I prefer to drink it only cool at most

> though. Until you get acclamated try using a small wash cloth when you throw

> steam. Better yet try to just breathe slowly through your nose.when I get mine

> too hot I just go out and cool down for a minute. As you continue taking

> saunas you will get used to this and the problem will go away. The best time

> to put on moisturizer I would say is after coming out of the sauna as it goes

> into the skin better when it is still a bit moist.. I am in my 50's and can't

> attest to youth benefits but people often remark on my skin for my age.

> I really believe taking saunas is a very good thing when done right.

> Kenda Skaggs <skaggs@...> wrote: Nah, no trick question -- but I

> see where your mind is at. ;) I just got

> out of the steam room and I'm tired but not ready for bed. I'm looking

> forward to getting the sauna, the steam really bothers my throat. I have to

> continually drink ice water so my throat doesn't burn. I do sweat like a

> pig though! :) Also, I have read testimonials that say that the saunas give

> them smooth skin, the steam really dries mine out so I can't go in too

> often. Do you put lotion on after a sauna?

>

> Kenda

>

>

>> I'm smiling now. Is that a trick question?! ;>) I can only answer honestly

>> and

>> it's BOTH! When I first started taking saunas, very early on, I would be

>> ready

>> for bed afterwards. If I now take one just before dinner(as we like to, on an

>> empty stomache) I just feel relaxed and ready for enjoying the evening. Later

>> in the evening after my food has settled , perhaps 3 or so hours later, I

>> take

>> one and head to bed.

>>

>> Kenda Skaggs <skaggs@...> wrote: Do you feel energized after

>> using it or ready to sleep?

>>

>> Kenda

>>

>>> I would definitely agree with that one as I work all day mostly outside or

>>> doing physical work. By the days end I am really looking forward to my

>>> sauna.

>>> I have no trouble sweating as soon as I sit or lie down. It is the best

>>> start

>>> to the end of my day.

>>>

>>> glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...> wrote: I also find that if I

>>> walk

>>> first or do some workout that gets my

>>> heart pumping before I do my sauna, I sweat tons more.

>>> Patty

>>>

>>>

>>>>>> Hi,

>>>>>>

>>>>>> I finally found my brochure from Miracle Heat Infrared Saunas.

>>> It

>>>>> states

>>>>>> that in one study performed by American researchers, the sweat

>>> of

>>>>> people

>>>>>> using a conventional sauna was found to be 95% to 97% water

>>> while

>>>>> the sweat

>>>>>> of those using a far-infrared thermal system was 80% to 85%

>>> water

>>>>> with the

>>>>>> non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat soluble toxins,

>>>>> toxic heavy

>>>>>> metals (such as mercury and alumnum), surfuric acid, sodium,

>>>>> amonia and uric

>>>>>> acid. This unusually high concentration of heavy metals and

>>> other

>>>>> fat

>>>>>> soluble toxins is not found in the sweat from normal exercise.

>>>>>>

>>>>>> Kenda

>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Infrared saunas work differently than regular heated

>>>>>>>> saunas. . . The air temperature of an infrared sauna

>>>>>>>> is never very high . . . It just feels that way!

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> The infrared light penetrates the tissues as much as

>>>>>>>> two inches, triggering the release of toxins. When I

>>>>>>>> used the regular saunas for an extended period, I

>>>>>>>> ended up exhausted. . . With infrared, I feel cleansed

>>>>>>>> and invigorated.

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Nevertheless, anyway you can sweat is beneficial. What

>>>>>>>> scares me are people who say they can't sweat because

>>>>>>>> it makes them sick. They don't understand that what

>>>>>>>> they are experiencing is a Herx. . . So they need it

>>>>>>>> all the more. . . but they need to start gently and

>>>>>>>> stay with it!

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> There are times when the towel I use as a mop has an

>>>>>>>> incredibly horrible smell! . . . It's always somewhat

>>>>>>>> stiff after it dries.

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Hugs,

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>> Rogene

>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice

>>>>> given by licensed

>>>>>>> health care professionals. Consult your physician or licensed

>>>>> health care

>>>>>>> professional before commencing any medical treatment.

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> " Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians

>>>>> mislead you.

>>>>>>> Find out what the facts are, and make your own decisions about

>>>>> how to live a

>>>>>>> happy life and how to work for a better world. " - Linus

>>> ing,

>>>>> two-time

>>>>>>> Nobel Prize Winner (1954, Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>> See our photos website! Enter " implants " for access at this

>>> link:

>>>>>>> http://.shutterfly.com/action/

>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>

Guest guest

I haven't had a problem with this! Shoot! You may lose water but you just need to put it back into your system. As long as you continue to eat well, I foresee no problem. Anyone else? Kenda Skaggs <skaggs@...> wrote: Sounds heavenly! I can't wait. :)A massage therapist told me yesterday that I shouldn't get a sauna because Iam already thin and struggle to maintain my weight. Do any of you who havea far infrared sauna lose weight from it? I can see that you could losewater weight if you don't hydrate yourself but how about weight loss due toincreased metabolism because of the sauna? I sure don't need that. :( Mymetabolism is zooming already.Kenda> Wonderful, yes. I put on some relaxing music and lay down and stretch and> sometimes knead tired muscles. I

find it relaxing to just lay there peacefully> at other times after a long day. Then I take a shower and go out into the> cooling room and sit for a few minutes.> > Cherie <cheriesut@...> wrote: I like the quiet time too - I like to> bring in my MP3 player and> listen to praise music while doing gentle stretches of my neck and> shoulders. One of those good quiet places to go and reflect or just> spend time with God.> Cherie> >>>>>>> Hi,>>>>>>> >>>>>>> I finally found my brochure from Miracle Heat Infrared>> Saunas. It>>>>>> states>>>>>>> that in one study performed by American researchers, the>> sweat of>>>>>> people>>>>>>> using a conventional sauna was found to be 95% to 97% water>> while>>>>>> the sweat>>>>>>> of those using a far-infrared thermal system was 80% to 85%>> water>>>>>> with the>>>>>>> non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat soluble> toxins,>>>>>> toxic heavy>>>>>>> metals (such as mercury and alumnum), surfuric acid,

sodium,>>>>>> amonia and uric>>>>>>> acid. This unusually high concentration of heavy metals> and >> other>>>>>> fat>>>>>>> soluble toxins is not found in the sweat from normal> exercise.>>>>>>> >>>>>>> Kenda>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Infrared saunas work differently than regular heated>>>>>>>>> saunas. . . The air temperature of an infrared sauna>>>>>>>>> is never very high . . . It just feels that way!>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> The infrared light penetrates the tissues as much as>>>>>>>>> two inches, triggering the release of toxins. When I>>>>>>>>> used the regular saunas for an extended

period, I>>>>>>>>> ended up exhausted. . . With infrared, I feel cleansed>>>>>>>>> and invigorated.>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Nevertheless, anyway you can sweat is beneficial. What>>>>>>>>> scares me are people who say they can't sweat because>>>>>>>>> it makes them sick. They don't understand that what>>>>>>>>> they are experiencing is a Herx. . . So they need it>>>>>>>>> all the more. . . but they need to start gently and>>>>>>>>> stay with it!>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> There are times when the towel I use as a mop has an>>>>>>>>> incredibly horrible smell! . . . It's always somewhat>>>>>>>>>

stiff after it dries.>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Hugs,>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>> Rogene>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of> advice>>>>>> given by licensed>>>>>>>> health care professionals. Consult your physician or> licensed>>>>>> health care>>>>>>>> professional before commencing any medical treatment.>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> "Do not let either the medical

authorities or the> politicians>>>>>> mislead you.>>>>>>>> Find out what the facts are, and make your own decisions>> about>>>>>> how to live a>>>>>>>> happy life and how to work for a better world." - Linus>> ing,>>>>>> two-time>>>>>>>> Nobel Prize Winner (1954, Chemistry; 1963, Peace)>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> See our photos website! Enter "implants" for access at> this >> link:>>>>>>>> http://.shutterfly.com/action/>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Speaking of drinking water and chlorine, does anyone have any thought on whether the chlorine in a public swimming pool is bad for us (besides the obvious drying of our skin).  The exercise is good, but I'm wondering about chlorine being absorbed through the skin.laurieOn Mar 17, 2006, at 9:07 AM, Hyypio wrote: It's good to drink water in the sauna. I prefer to drink it only cool at most though. Until you get acclamated try using a small wash cloth when you throw steam. Better yet try to just breathe slowly through your nose.when I get mine too hot I just go out and cool down for a minute. As you continue taking saunas you will get used to this and the problem will go away. The best time to put on moisturizer I would say is after coming out of the sauna as it goes into the skin better when it is still a bit moist. I am in my 50's and can't attest to youth benefits but people often remark on my skin for my age.I really believe taking saunas is a very good thing when done right.Kenda Skaggs <skaggs@...> wrote: Nah, no trick question -- but I see where your mind is at. ;)  I just gotout of the steam room and I'm tired but not ready for bed.  I'm lookingforward to getting the sauna, the steam really bothers my throat.  I have tocontinually drink ice water so my throat doesn't burn.  I do sweat like  apig though! :)  Also, I have read testimonials that say that the saunas givethem smooth skin, the steam really dries mine out so I can't go in toooften.  Do you put lotion on after a sauna?Kenda> I'm smiling now. Is that a trick question?! ;>) I can only answer honestly and> it's BOTH! When I first started taking saunas, very early on, I would be ready> for bed afterwards. If I now take one just before dinner(as we like to, on an> empty stomache) I just feel relaxed and ready for enjoying the evening. Later> in the evening after my food has settled , perhaps 3 or so hours later, I take> one and head to bed.> > Kenda Skaggs <skaggs@...> wrote:  Do you feel energized after> using it or ready to sleep?> > Kenda> >> I would definitely  agree with that one as I work all day mostly outside or>> doing physical work. By the days end I am really looking forward to my sauna.>> I have no trouble sweating as soon as I sit or lie down. It is the best start>> to the end of my day.>> >> glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...> wrote:  I also find that if I>> walk>> first or do some workout that gets my>> heart pumping before I do my sauna, I sweat tons more.>> Patty>> >> >>>>>   Hi,>>>>> >>>>> I finally found my brochure from Miracle Heat Infrared Saunas.>> It>>>> states>>>>> that in one study performed by American researchers, the sweat>> of>>>> people>>>>> using a conventional sauna was found to be 95% to 97% water>> while>>>> the sweat>>>>> of those using a far-infrared thermal system was 80% to 85%>> water>>>> with the>>>>> non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat soluble toxins,>>>> toxic heavy>>>>> metals (such as mercury and alumnum), surfuric acid, sodium,>>>> amonia and uric>>>>> acid.  This unusually high concentration of heavy metals and>> other>>>> fat>>>>> soluble toxins is not found in the sweat from normal exercise.>>>>> >>>>> Kenda>>>>> >>>>>>> Infrared saunas work differently than regular heated>>>>>>> saunas. . . The air temperature of an infrared sauna>>>>>>> is never very high . . . It just feels that way!>>>>>>> >>>>>>> The infrared light penetrates the tissues as much as>>>>>>> two inches, triggering the release of toxins. When I>>>>>>> used the regular saunas for an extended period, I>>>>>>> ended up exhausted. . . With infrared, I feel cleansed>>>>>>> and invigorated.>>>>>>> >>>>>>> Nevertheless, anyway you can sweat is beneficial. What>>>>>>> scares me are people who say they can't sweat because>>>>>>> it makes them sick. They don't understand that what>>>>>>> they are experiencing is a Herx. . .  So they need it>>>>>>> all the more. . . but they need to start gently and>>>>>>> stay with it!>>>>>>> >>>>>>> There are times when the towel I use as a mop has an>>>>>>> incredibly horrible smell! . . . It's always somewhat>>>>>>> stiff after it dries.>>>>>>> >>>>>>> Hugs,>>>>>>> >>>>>>> Rogene>>>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice>>>> given by licensed>>>>>> health care professionals. Consult your physician or licensed>>>> health care>>>>>> professional before commencing any medical treatment.>>>>>> >>>>>> "Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians>>>> mislead you.>>>>>> Find out what the facts are, and make your own decisions about>>>> how to live a>>>>>> happy life and how to work for a better world." - Linus>> ing,>>>> two-time>>>>>> Nobel Prize Winner (1954, Chemistry; 1963, Peace)>>>>>> >>>>>> See our photos website! Enter "implants" for access at this>> link:>>>>>> http://.shutterfly.com/action/>>>>>> >>>>>>

Guest guest

Hmmm. I'm not sure about that. Would be interested in hearing some opinions. jumpony <ltolkin@...> wrote: Speaking of drinking water and chlorine, does anyone have any thought on whether the chlorine in a public swimming pool is bad for us (besides the obvious drying of our skin). The exercise is good, but I'm wondering about chlorine being absorbed through the skin. laurie On Mar 17, 2006, at 9:07 AM, Hyypio wrote: It's good to drink water in the sauna. I prefer to drink it only cool at most though. Until you get acclamated try using a small wash cloth when you throw steam. Better yet try to just breathe slowly through your nose.when I get mine too hot I just go out and cool down for a

minute. As you continue taking saunas you will get used to this and the problem will go away. The best time to put on moisturizer I would say is after coming out of the sauna as it goes into the skin better when it is still a bit moist. I am in my 50's and can't attest to youth benefits but people often remark on my skin for my age.I really believe taking saunas is a very good thing when done right.Kenda Skaggs <skaggs@...> wrote: Nah, no trick question -- but I see where your mind is at. ;) I just gotout of the steam room and I'm tired but not ready for bed. I'm lookingforward to getting the sauna, the steam really bothers my throat. I have tocontinually drink ice water so my throat doesn't burn. I do sweat like apig though! :) Also,

I have read testimonials that say that the saunas givethem smooth skin, the steam really dries mine out so I can't go in toooften. Do you put lotion on after a sauna?Kenda> I'm smiling now. Is that a trick question?! ;>) I can only answer honestly and> it's BOTH! When I first started taking saunas, very early on, I would be ready> for bed afterwards. If I now take one just before dinner(as we like to, on an> empty stomache) I just feel relaxed and ready for enjoying the evening. Later> in the evening after my food has settled , perhaps 3 or so hours later, I take> one and head to bed.> > Kenda Skaggs <skaggs@...> wrote: Do you feel energized after> using it or ready to sleep?> > Kenda> >> I would definitely agree with that one as I work all day mostly outside or>> doing

physical work. By the days end I am really looking forward to my sauna.>> I have no trouble sweating as soon as I sit or lie down. It is the best start>> to the end of my day.>> >> glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...> wrote: I also find that if I>> walk>> first or do some workout that gets my>> heart pumping before I do my sauna, I sweat tons more.>> Patty>> >> >>>>> Hi,>>>>> >>>>> I finally found my brochure from Miracle Heat Infrared Saunas.>> It>>>> states>>>>> that in one study performed by American researchers,

the sweat>> of>>>> people>>>>> using a conventional sauna was found to be 95% to 97% water>> while>>>> the sweat>>>>> of those using a far-infrared thermal system was 80% to 85%>> water>>>> with the>>>>> non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat soluble toxins,>>>> toxic heavy>>>>> metals (such as mercury and alumnum), surfuric acid, sodium,>>>> amonia and uric>>>>> acid. This unusually high concentration of heavy metals and>> other>>>> fat>>>>> soluble toxins is not found in the sweat from normal exercise.>>>>> >>>>> Kenda>>>>> >>>>>>> Infrared saunas work differently than regular heated>>>>>>> saunas. . . The air

temperature of an infrared sauna>>>>>>> is never very high . . . It just feels that way!>>>>>>> >>>>>>> The infrared light penetrates the tissues as much as>>>>>>> two inches, triggering the release of toxins. When I>>>>>>> used the regular saunas for an extended period, I>>>>>>> ended up exhausted. . . With infrared, I feel cleansed>>>>>>> and invigorated.>>>>>>> >>>>>>> Nevertheless, anyway you can sweat is beneficial. What>>>>>>> scares me are people who say they can't sweat because>>>>>>> it makes them sick. They don't understand that what>>>>>>> they are experiencing is a Herx. . . So they need it>>>>>>> all the more. . . but they need to start gently

and>>>>>>> stay with it!>>>>>>> >>>>>>> There are times when the towel I use as a mop has an>>>>>>> incredibly horrible smell! . . . It's always somewhat>>>>>>> stiff after it dries.>>>>>>> >>>>>>> Hugs,>>>>>>> >>>>>>> Rogene>>>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> >>>>>> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice>>>> given by licensed>>>>>> health care professionals. Consult your physician or licensed>>>> health care>>>>>> professional before commencing

any medical treatment.>>>>>> >>>>>> "Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians>>>> mislead you.>>>>>> Find out what the facts are, and make your own decisions about>>>> how to live a>>>>>> happy life and how to work for a better world." - Linus>> ing,>>>> two-time>>>>>> Nobel Prize Winner (1954, Chemistry; 1963, Peace)>>>>>> >>>>>> See our photos website! Enter "implants" for access at this>> link:>>>>>> http://.shutterfly.com/action/>>>>>> >>>>>>

Guest guest

Hi Laurie,

You are right in questioning this....it's true that the chlorine in

pools is very damaging, not only through skin absorption, but from

the chlorine gasses that are inhaled as we breathe so close to the

surface of the water. Chlorine is associated with higher rates of

certain cancers as well as asthma.

In America, chlorine usage is widespread in pools, although there

are alternatives which I wish would be considered more, such as

saline water, or ozonation. We have a swimming pool, and we had an

ozone filter installed. It greatly reduces the need for chlorine,

although it doesn't eliminate it entirely due to the high heat of

the Nevada desert (heat destroys ozone.) When I first read about

alternatives for the pool, I was impressed to read that in Germany

the purification of choice is ozone there, due to the wish to be

sensitive to the remembrance of chlorine gas used in the Holocaust.

I wish we would be as considerate regarding that in America.

If you can find a pool to use for exercise that employs other

methods of sanitizing, that would be the ideal. You might just have

to call around. If you are using your own pool, you might want to

look into using alternative methods of purifying your pool water.

The only other option is to give up using a pool for exercise! I

guess you just have to weigh the risks and decide what is best for

you.

Patty

> > >>>>> Hi,

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> I finally found my brochure from Miracle Heat Infrared

Saunas.

> > >> It

> > >>>> states

> > >>>>> that in one study performed by American researchers, the

sweat

> > >> of

> > >>>> people

> > >>>>> using a conventional sauna was found to be 95% to 97% water

> > >> while

> > >>>> the sweat

> > >>>>> of those using a far-infrared thermal system was 80% to 85%

> > >> water

> > >>>> with the

> > >>>>> non-water portion principally cholesterol, fat soluble

toxins,

> > >>>> toxic heavy

> > >>>>> metals (such as mercury and alumnum), surfuric acid,

sodium,

> > >>>> amonia and uric

> > >>>>> acid. This unusually high concentration of heavy metals

and

> > >> other

> > >>>> fat

> > >>>>> soluble toxins is not found in the sweat from normal

exercise.

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>> Kenda

> > >>>>>

> > >>>>>>> Infrared saunas work differently than regular heated

> > >>>>>>> saunas. . . The air temperature of an infrared sauna

> > >>>>>>> is never very high . . . It just feels that way!

> > >>>>>>>

> > >>>>>>> The infrared light penetrates the tissues as much as

> > >>>>>>> two inches, triggering the release of toxins. When I

> > >>>>>>> used the regular saunas for an extended period, I

> > >>>>>>> ended up exhausted. . . With infrared, I feel cleansed

> > >>>>>>> and invigorated.

> > >>>>>>>

> > >>>>>>> Nevertheless, anyway you can sweat is beneficial. What

> > >>>>>>> scares me are people who say they can't sweat because

> > >>>>>>> it makes them sick. They don't understand that what

> > >>>>>>> they are experiencing is a Herx. . . So they need it

> > >>>>>>> all the more. . . but they need to start gently and

> > >>>>>>> stay with it!

> > >>>>>>>

> > >>>>>>> There are times when the towel I use as a mop has an

> > >>>>>>> incredibly horrible smell! . . . It's always somewhat

> > >>>>>>> stiff after it dries.

> > >>>>>>>

> > >>>>>>> Hugs,

> > >>>>>>>

> > >>>>>>> Rogene

> > >>>>>>>

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of

advice

> > >>>> given by licensed

> > >>>>>> health care professionals. Consult your physician or

licensed

> > >>>> health care

> > >>>>>> professional before commencing any medical treatment.

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> " Do not let either the medical authorities or the

politicians

> > >>>> mislead you.

> > >>>>>> Find out what the facts are, and make your own decisions

about

> > >>>> how to live a

> > >>>>>> happy life and how to work for a better world. " - Linus

> > >> ing,

> > >>>> two-time

> > >>>>>> Nobel Prize Winner (1954, Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>> See our photos website! Enter " implants " for access at

this

> > >> link:

> > >>>>>> http://.shutterfly.com/action/

> > >>>>>>

> > >>>>>>

Guest guest

I had a lot of respiratory problems with a

over-chlorinated exercise pool . . . I ended up

quitting the facility. They were substutiting chlorine

for cleaning!

Check the internet for the properties and dangers of

chlorine . . . It's quite dangerous if not used

properly.

If one does use a chlorinated pool, I'd suggest using

the sauna, or a hot shower afterwards to sweat the

absorbed chlorine out.

Whatever you do, don't leave without showering

thoroughly and spend the day with stuff on your skin!

L.Ron Hubbard, in his book " Clear Body, Clear Mind "

tells of someone who reeked of chlorine so badly while

sweating in the sauna that others were driven out.

Hugs,

Rogene

Guest guest

Rogene, that's a great suggestion to use the sauna after swimming. I

do take a hot shower, but I think the sauna might work better. I

know this is a dumb question, but I've never taken a sauna before.

How long should I stay in it to have it be effective?

thanks,

Laurie

On Mar 18, 2006, at 11:12 PM, Rogene S wrote:

> I had a lot of respiratory problems with a

> over-chlorinated exercise pool . . . I ended up

> quitting the facility. They were substutiting chlorine

> for cleaning!

>

> Check the internet for the properties and dangers of

> chlorine . . . It's quite dangerous if not used

> properly.

>

> If one does use a chlorinated pool, I'd suggest using

> the sauna, or a hot shower afterwards to sweat the

> absorbed chlorine out.

>

> Whatever you do, don't leave without showering

> thoroughly and spend the day with stuff on your skin!

>

> L.Ron Hubbard, in his book " Clear Body, Clear Mind "

> tells of someone who reeked of chlorine so badly while

> sweating in the sauna that others were driven out.

>

> Hugs,

>

> Rogene

>

>

>

> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice given

> by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician or

> licensed health care professional before commencing any medical

> treatment.

>

> " Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians

> mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own

> decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a

> better world. " - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner (1954,

> Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

>

> See our photos website! Enter " implants " for access at this link:

> http://.shutterfly.com/action/

>

>

Guest guest

Laurie,

You will have to be the judge of both the time and

temperature for the sauna. . . What you want to do is

to work up a healthy sweat. However, if you're really

toxic, you may feel unwell initially. Don't let this

feeling go very far before getting out. Gradually

extend the time and temperature as you feel

comfortable doing so.

I know one implant woman who went to a reknown detox

center; used the sauna once; passed out; and quit

detoxing altogether. She's still very, very ill years

later!

Detoxing is about balancing the herxes so you can

still function. You may not feel very well, but you

shouldn't feel too sick to cope. If you overdo it, cut

back and start at a reduced level . . . This applies

to any detox program you use.

Hugs,

Rogene

Guest guest

You can start out by going in only for a few minutes and seeing how you tolerate the heat. It is helpful the first several saunas to use a wet washcloth to cover your mouth so as not to breathe in too much heat. Sit on the lower bench if that is an option. Just do what feels right as your body will tell you what you can handle. Slow and easy to start out is a good indication. Rogene has offered good insight to this as well. Saunas should feel helpful and not taxing to ones body. Good luck.jumpony <ltolkin@...> wrote: Rogene, that's a great suggestion to use the sauna after swimming. I do take a hot shower, but I think the sauna might work better. I know this is a dumb question, but I've never taken a sauna before. How long should I stay in it to have it be effective?thanks,LaurieOn Mar

18, 2006, at 11:12 PM, Rogene S wrote:> I had a lot of respiratory problems with a> over-chlorinated exercise pool . . . I ended up> quitting the facility. They were substutiting chlorine> for cleaning!>> Check the internet for the properties and dangers of> chlorine . . . It's quite dangerous if not used> properly.>> If one does use a chlorinated pool, I'd suggest using> the sauna, or a hot shower afterwards to sweat the> absorbed chlorine out.>> Whatever you do, don't leave without showering> thoroughly and spend the day with stuff on your skin!>> L.Ron Hubbard, in his book "Clear Body, Clear Mind"> tells of someone who reeked of chlorine so badly while> sweating in the sauna that others were driven out.>> Hugs,>> Rogene>>>> Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice

given > by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician or > licensed health care professional before commencing any medical > treatment.>> "Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians > mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own > decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a > better world." - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner (1954, > Chemistry; 1963, Peace)>> See our photos website! Enter "implants" for access at this link:> http://.shutterfly.com/action/>>

Guest guest

Are you using infrared saunas or a steam sauna?

Patty

>

> > I had a lot of respiratory problems with a

> > over-chlorinated exercise pool . . . I ended up

> > quitting the facility. They were substutiting chlorine

> > for cleaning!

> >

> > Check the internet for the properties and dangers of

> > chlorine . . . It's quite dangerous if not used

> > properly.

> >

> > If one does use a chlorinated pool, I'd suggest using

> > the sauna, or a hot shower afterwards to sweat the

> > absorbed chlorine out.

> >

> > Whatever you do, don't leave without showering

> > thoroughly and spend the day with stuff on your skin!

> >

> > L.Ron Hubbard, in his book " Clear Body, Clear Mind "

> > tells of someone who reeked of chlorine so badly while

> > sweating in the sauna that others were driven out.

> >

> > Hugs,

> >

> > Rogene

> >

> >

> >

> > Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice

given

> > by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician

or

> > licensed health care professional before commencing any medical

> > treatment.

> >

> > " Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians

> > mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own

> > decisions about how to live a happy life and how to work for a

> > better world. " - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner

(1954,

> > Chemistry; 1963, Peace)

> >

> > See our photos website! Enter " implants " for access at this link:

> > http://.shutterfly.com/action/

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hi Patty, I am take a natural wood heat sauna at the lake and an infrared one here. glory2glory1401 <glory2glory1401@...> wrote: ,Are you using infrared saunas or a steam sauna?Patty> > > I had a lot of respiratory problems with a> > over-chlorinated exercise pool . . . I ended up> > quitting the facility. They were substutiting chlorine> > for cleaning!> >> > Check the internet for the properties and dangers of> > chlorine . . . It's quite dangerous if not used> > properly.> >> > If one does use a chlorinated pool, I'd suggest using> > the sauna, or a hot shower afterwards

to sweat the> > absorbed chlorine out.> >> > Whatever you do, don't leave without showering> > thoroughly and spend the day with stuff on your skin!> >> > L.Ron Hubbard, in his book "Clear Body, Clear Mind"> > tells of someone who reeked of chlorine so badly while> > sweating in the sauna that others were driven out.> >> > Hugs,> >> > Rogene> >> >> >> > Opinions expressed are NOT meant to take the place of advice given > > by licensed health care professionals. Consult your physician or > > licensed health care professional before commencing any medical > > treatment.> >> > "Do not let either the medical authorities or the politicians > > mislead you. Find out what the facts are, and make your own > > decisions about

how to live a happy life and how to work for a > > better world." - Linus ing, two-time Nobel Prize Winner (1954, > > Chemistry; 1963, Peace)> >> > See our photos website! Enter "implants" for access at this link:> > http://.shutterfly.com/action/> >> >

Guest guest

I know you'll be happy with your sauna . . . The

larger size sounds good! . . . How many lights do they

have? . . I think the usual is five . . . two back,

two front and one under the bench.

Hubby commented this morning that our sauna was one of

our best investments! . . . He was very skeptical at

first!

I had never heard of them until we attended a home

show . . . Saw one, tried it for a few minutes and

knew I had to have it. . . Talk about a resistant

hubby! . . .

Now, if he feels bad, he heads for it too! I wish he

would use it more!

Hugs,

Rogene

Guest guest

Hi ,

Yes, halogens are very bright. I have them in my pot rack in the kitchen

and on my stove hood. Since they are up high, you shouldn't notice the heat

from the them -- they do get extremely hot.

I need to get an electrician out here too. I still haven't decided where I

want to put mine. Where are you putting yours? I have a couple of rooms it

would fit in but I'm having a tough time deciding on where would be the best

place.

As far as the cedar goes, you will probably be fine with it. Since my ND

specifically asked me not to get cedar, I didn't even look at cedar units.

Kenda

> Hi Kenda,

> Don't really know except they said the halogens lights were bright.

> I can always take my reading light in there if I need it.

> This was a hard decision and I really liked Mona when I talked with

> her.

> My decision was really based on the size of the two person for

> me....with the extra 11 inch depth at 51 inches and the full glass

> door. I get really clautrophobic and didn't have the space for the

> 3 person one.

> It was hard to decipher all the ifs ands or buts.........

> I was told I have a 30 day return policy. So, If the cedar is too

> much for me...I can return it. They will issue a call tag and pick

> it up.

> I am sure we will both be happy with out choices. I need to get an

> electrician to run a dedicated line to it.

>

>

>

>

>>>>

>>>> ,

>>>>

>>>> I know you'll be happy with your sauna . . . The

>>>> larger size sounds good! . . . How many lights do they

>>>> have? . . I think the usual is five . . . two back,

>>>> two front and one under the bench.

>>>>

>>>> Hubby commented this morning that our sauna was one of

>>>> our best investments! . . . He was very skeptical at

>>>> first!

>>>>

>>>> I had never heard of them until we attended a home

>>>> show . . . Saw one, tried it for a few minutes and

>>>> knew I had to have it. . . Talk about a resistant

>>>> hubby! . . .

>>>>

>>>> Now, if he feels bad, he heads for it too! I wish he

>>>> would use it more!

>>>>

>>>> Hugs,

>>>>

>>>> Rogene

>>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I wonder if they sell returned models to those of us who can't afford a new one. sedwards41255 <sedwards41255@...> wrote: Hi Kenda,Don't really know except they said the halogens lights were bright. I can always take my reading light in there if I need it. This was a hard decision and I really liked Mona when I talked with her. My decision was really based on the size of the two person for me....with the extra 11 inch depth at 51 inches and the full glass door. I get really clautrophobic and didn't have the space for the 3

person one. It was hard to decipher all the ifs ands or buts.........I was told I have a 30 day return policy. So, If the cedar is too much for me...I can return it. They will issue a call tag and pick it up. I am sure we will both be happy with out choices. I need to get an electrician to run a dedicated line to it.> >> > >> ,> >> > >> I know you'll be happy with your sauna . . . The> >> larger size sounds good! . . . How many lights do they> >> have? . . I think the usual is five . . . two back,> >> two front and one under the bench.> >> > >> Hubby commented this morning that our sauna was one of> >> our best investments! . . . He was very skeptical at> >> first!> >> > >> I had never heard of them until we attended a home> >> show . . . Saw one, tried it for a few minutes and> >> knew I had to have it. . . Talk about a resistant> >> hubby! . . .> >> > >> Now, if he feels bad, he heads for it too! I wish he> >>

would use it more!> >> > >> Hugs,> >> > >> Rogene> >> > > > > > > > > > >> __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I don't know. Miracle Heat had a unit that a lady ordered ...then

changed her mind but they did not give me a lot off this...something

like $200. I ended up buying from Sunlight Saunas...mainly because

of the depth.

Good question though. Wish I had asked it!

It is a shame they are so expensive. There are models that are

portable with a chair that are not as expensive. They sort of look

like a silver dome.

I just know me. If I have to assemble anything before use....to use

it...and then zip myself up in it and then store it out of sight

until next use......it would loose its' appeal and relaxation

benefits for both me and my husband.

So I bit the bullet.

I asked my husband last night...considering he owns his own CPA firm

and this is also for his stress levels and bad back during tax

season if he could write it off his taxes. He told me that if a

doctor ordered it....yes. If not..then no.

ummm...might see if my doctor will " prescribe " the use of it for

me....

> >

> > Are the halogens for reading?

> >

> > Kenda

> >

> >

> > > Rogene,

> > > This unit has 2 halogen lights on the ceiling.....

> > > It has 6 heaters...2 on back, one on each side, one at your

feet

> and

> > > one in the front.........

> > > I am excited....and hope it helps to detox these heavy metals I

> > > have.....

> > >

> > >

> > > --- In , Rogene S <saxony01@>

wrote:

> > >>

> > >> ,

> > >>

> > >> I know you'll be happy with your sauna . . . The

> > >> larger size sounds good! . . . How many lights do they

> > >> have? . . I think the usual is five . . . two back,

> > >> two front and one under the bench.

> > >>

> > >> Hubby commented this morning that our sauna was one of

> > >> our best investments! . . . He was very skeptical at

> > >> first!

> > >>

> > >> I had never heard of them until we attended a home

> > >> show . . . Saw one, tried it for a few minutes and

> > >> knew I had to have it. . . Talk about a resistant

> > >> hubby! . . .

> > >>

> > >> Now, if he feels bad, he heads for it too! I wish he

> > >> would use it more!