What's your diet Like?

On Mar 16, 2006, at 5:02 PM, meowbaamooarf wrote:

> i realized that i had taken 5 mgs just about 2 weeks ago, when i

> thought it had been a month. i have an anxiety disorder, have had it

> since i can remember. but there is a discernable difference between

> the panic i normally feel and the way i feel today. today, being the

> first day on 5 mgs this time, i went out with my partner shopping and

> i just could not handle anything. i came home early, getting nothing

> done, and i cannot wait to go to sleep.

>

> my question to the group is: has anyone had similar feelings when

> raising or starting LDN? how long did they last if so and how did you

> deal with it? i typed this in under a minute and a half. i am really

> on go today.

>

> all my best,

>

> joanna

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Joanna, How come you are taking 5mg? I started at 3mg and worked my way up to 4.5mg. I then started having mood swings so went down to 3mg. These mood swings I am having go from almost a rage to feeling depressed. It's not hormones or bipolar. It's also not my ms messing up. It happened right around the time that I increased to the 4.5mg. I posed the question to people here asking if anyone noticed mood swings. I got a few replys. I have since that felt the depression as well as the mood swings. I was talking with a friend who had been on the ldn and is well known in the ms email/internet circuit. He said that himself and a few others had to stop ldn due to mood swings, depression and headaches. I am experiancing the headaches also but not the pain. I am on elavil so it stops the pain. I also get headaches with other fillers. I am really interested in hearing from people who do experiance these mood swings, depression and headaches. I am wondering if its more common than people are saying?

Take Care

ps, The mood swings seem to come about when I feel frustrated and then for no apparent reason I get enraged. Thats not me. >> i realized that i had taken 5 mgs just about 2 weeks ago, when i > thought it had been a month. i have an anxiety disorder, have had it > since i can remember. but there is a discernable difference between > the panic i normally feel and the way i feel today. today, being the > first day on 5 mgs this time, i went out with my partner shopping and > i just could not handle anything. i came home early, getting nothing > done, and i cannot wait to go to sleep.> > my question to the group is: has anyone had similar feelings when > raising or starting LDN? how long did they last if so and how did you > deal with it? i typed this in under a minute and a half. i am really > on go today.> > all my best,> > joanna>

Guest guest

Hi Everyone, I've had no problems with taking the LDN. I started out taking 3 mg for a few months then went up to 4.5 mg and no problems at all. Maybe you need to go back down to 3 mg and see how that does for you. Remember also that everyone is different and thing's effect everyone different. Did you have the same problem when you were taking just the 3 mg? Always A Friend, Crystal <pomsaregreat@...> wrote: Hi Joanna, How come you are taking 5mg? I started at 3mg and worked my way up to 4.5mg. I then

started having mood swings so went down to 3mg. These mood swings I am having go from almost a rage to feeling depressed. It's not hormones or bipolar. It's also not my ms messing up. It happened right around the time that I increased to the 4.5mg. I posed the question to people here asking if anyone noticed mood swings. I got a few replys. I have since that felt the depression as well as the mood swings. I was talking with a friend who had been on the ldn and is well known in the ms email/internet circuit. He said that himself and a few others had to stop ldn due to mood swings, depression and headaches. I am experiancing the headaches also but not the pain. I am on elavil so it stops the pain. I also get headaches with other fillers. I am really interested in hearing from people who do experiance these mood swings, depression and headaches. I am wondering if its more common than people are

saying? Take Care ps, The mood swings seem to come about when I feel frustrated and then for no apparent reason I get enraged. Thats not me. >> i realized that i had taken 5 mgs just about 2 weeks ago, when i > thought it had been a month. i have an anxiety disorder, have had it > since i can remember. but there is a discernable difference between > the panic i normally feel and the way i feel today. today, being the > first day on 5 mgs this time, i went out with my partner shopping and > i just could not handle anything. i came home early, getting nothing > done, and i cannot wait to go to sleep.> > my question to the group is: has anyone had similar feelings when > raising or starting LDN? how

long did they last if so and how did you > deal with it? i typed this in under a minute and a half. i am really > on go today.> > all my best,> > joanna> My MS & TM WebSite www.crystalangel.org

Brings words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with .

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/16/2006 5:03:48 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, zeet2000@... writes:

i realized that i had taken 5 mgs just about 2 weeks

Joanna

3 or 4.5 mg are the optimal doses. Taking anything above or below those dosages are not recommended. Why are you taking 5?

Arlene

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/16/2006 7:02:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, pomsaregreat@... writes:

I am on elavil so it stops the pain. I also get headaches with other fillers. I am really interested in hearing from

What fillers have you used? How long have you been taking it?

I'm also wondering if the elavil is somehow interacting with the ldn.

Arlene

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/17/2006 2:51:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, pomsaregreat@... writes:

How would the elavil work against the ldn? I'm afraid to stop it now but would if I knew the dynamics and understood them.

Hi

I don't know how the elavil would work against the ldn, but it seems that both you and take anti-depressants, and you are both going through these mood swings. I wonder if there is a correlation?

I just wonder if there are other people on the ldn who also take anti-depressants, and don't have the mood swings?

Maybe this could be a question on the poll. I have heard that mood is usually elevated by the LDN.

Arlene

Guest guest

my next manuver will be to go down a bit probably to 4mgs and see if it works that way. there has been a gradual increase in disability and symptoms for me. for 2 and a half months it was working like a charm. then the decline started. i was on 3 mgs then, so i increased to 3.5, then 4, and finally 4.5. now 4.5 seems to be a dose that my body is used to and so the disability proceeds.

joanna

Guest guest

Joanna,

Just curious, what type of MS do you have?

On Mar 17, 2006, at 11:26 AM, joanna epstein wrote:

> my next manuver will be to go down a bit probably to 4mgs and see

> if it works that way. there has been a gradual increase in

> disability and symptoms for me. for 2 and a half months it was

> working like a charm. then the decline started. i was on 3 mgs

> then, so i increased to 3.5, then 4, and finally 4.5. now 4.5 seems

> to be a dose that my body is used to and so the disability proceeds.

>

> joanna

>

>

>

Guest guest

I don't know if this was the cause/problem but last Oct I had THE WORST episode I've ever had in 16 yrs of MS. It wasn't the weather (it was COLD here in AZ then). It wasn't stress or anything - I think it was that I was 'playing' around with my LDN dose in the months (quite a few 7-8) prior to the episode.... I went from 4.5mg to 3 or 4 mg (trying to save $$? I have NO idea why I did that!). So... be careful - if you can stand the higher doses perhaps you should try staying as close to 4.5 mg as possible. Just my thoughts - take care.... Sara joanna epstein <zeet2000@...> wrote: my next manuver will be to go down a bit probably to 4mgs and see if it works that way. there has been a gradual increase in

disability and symptoms for me. for 2 and a half months it was working like a charm. then the decline started. i was on 3 mgs then, so i increased to 3.5, then 4, and finally 4.5. now 4.5 seems to be a dose that my body is used to and so the disability proceeds. joanna

Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

Guest guest

I take Prozac with the LDN and my mood is good. There are different classes of antidepressants so I'm wondering if it isn't a certain class that is causing the mood changes when used in combination with the LDN?

Guest guest

I have been having the same problem for several weeks now...I'm so

glad someone mentioned it.

I will be fine, but if I get aggravated or frustrated, I lose my

temper and feel like I'm in a rage, and then I find myself back to

normal. Another thing I have noticed is that I tend to fixate on

certain things, usually negative. This is very concerning to me as

well, as I am an optimistic person by nature and usually it's almost

impossible to make me angry at all. And now I find I'm yelling at

people and my pets? Extremely unusual.

Also, a very good friend of mine mentioned on the phone today that

when she has talked to me lately, she can hear an edge to my voice,

as if I'm very tense.

In fact, I discussed this very problem with my therapist this

morning. She does not feel I have any situational issues that might

be causing these problems and suggested I speak to my doctor about

it.

I haven't had any medication changes other than a very recent

increase of my antidepressant because of this problem. I only take

3.0 mg. of the ldn. I do not suffer from any psychiatric issues

other than moderate depression due to my illness and an anxiety

disorder that has been under control for some time. I am 41 years

old, my periods have been regular and normal for me, which leads me

to think it isn't horomonal.

I am wondering, does anyone know if this is a side effect of the ldn

that might go away with time? Is it something I need to just wait

out? It certainly would be helpful if anyone else who has had this

happen could let me know what they found out.

>

>

> Hi Joanna, How come you are taking 5mg? I started at 3mg and

worked my

> way up to 4.5mg. I then started having mood swings so went down

to 3mg.

> These mood swings I am having go from almost a rage to feeling

> depressed. It's not hormones or bipolar. It's also not my ms

messing

> up. It happened right around the time that I increased to the

4.5mg. I

> posed the question to people here asking if anyone noticed mood

swings.

> I got a few replys. I have since that felt the depression as well

as

> the mood swings. I was talking with a friend who had been on the

ldn

> and is well known in the ms email/internet circuit. He said that

> himself and a few others had to stop ldn due to mood swings,

depression

> and headaches. I am experiancing the headaches also but not the

pain.

> I am on elavil so it stops the pain. I also get headaches with

other

> fillers. I am really interested in hearing from people who do

> experiance these mood swings, depression and headaches. I am

wondering

> if its more common than people are saying?

>

> Take Care

>

> ps, The mood swings seem to come about when I feel frustrated and

then

> for no apparent reason I get enraged. Thats not me.

> >

> > i realized that i had taken 5 mgs just about 2 weeks ago, when i

> > thought it had been a month. i have an anxiety disorder, have

had it

> > since i can remember. but there is a discernable difference

between

> > the panic i normally feel and the way i feel today. today, being

the

> > first day on 5 mgs this time, i went out with my partner

shopping and

> > i just could not handle anything. i came home early, getting

nothing

> > done, and i cannot wait to go to sleep.

> >

> > my question to the group is: has anyone had similar feelings when

> > raising or starting LDN? how long did they last if so and how

did you

> > deal with it? i typed this in under a minute and a half. i am

really

> > on go today.

> >

> > all my best,

> >

> > joanna

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Crystal, I'm glad you had no problems with the ldn. I did go down to 3mg. I was okay the first day and now I am back to the mood swings and depression .

I am curious as to how many people at this group are still on the ldn? Meaning does everyone who is a member 2400 aproximately, still take the ldn? I am just thinking that if I am experiencing mood swings and depression then more than 3 people who answered are experiancing it also.

I wish there were some way to follow everyones experiances. I am questioning whether its safe for me to continue, so it's in my best interest to hear from others with the same problem. Maybe we can find out how to rectify it.

Thanks for answering Crystal!

Take Care

> Hi Everyone,> I've had no problems with taking the LDN. I started out taking 3 mg for a few months then went up to 4.5 mg and no problems at all. Maybe you need to go back down to 3 mg and see how that does for you. Remember also that everyone is different and thing's effect everyone different. Did you have the same problem when you were taking just the 3 mg?>

Guest guest

Maybe someone should create a poll question. I think that's one of

the options in . However, The moderator might have to

create the poll.

On Mar 17, 2006, at 2:20 PM, wrote:

> Hi Crystal, I'm glad you had no problems with the ldn. I did go

> down to 3mg. I was okay the first day and now I am back to the

> mood swings and depression .

>

> I am curious as to how many people at this group are still on the

> ldn? Meaning does everyone who is a member 2400 aproximately,

> still take the ldn? I am just thinking that if I am experiencing

> mood swings and depression then more than 3 people who answered are

> experiancing it also.

>

> I wish there were some way to follow everyones experiances. I am

> questioning whether its safe for me to continue, so it's in my best

> interest to hear from others with the same problem. Maybe we can

> find out how to rectify it.

>

> Thanks for answering Crystal!

>

> Take Care

>

> > Hi Everyone,

> > I've had no problems with taking the LDN. I started out taking 3

> mg for a few months then went up to 4.5 mg and no problems at all.

> Maybe you need to go back down to 3 mg and see how that does for

> you. Remember also that everyone is different and thing's effect

> everyone different. Did you have the same problem when you were

> taking just the 3 mg?

> >

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I think one of the side effects of taking Natrexone at full dose

(50MG) was a lack of feeling good or positive about things. I wonder

if some people might experience this even at lower doses.

On Mar 17, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Vaccaro wrote:

> Maybe someone should create a poll question. I think that's one of

> the options in . However, The moderator might have to

> create the poll.

>

>

>

>

> On Mar 17, 2006, at 2:20 PM, wrote:

>

> > Hi Crystal, I'm glad you had no problems with the ldn. I did go

> > down to 3mg. I was okay the first day and now I am back to the

> > mood swings and depression .

> >

> > I am curious as to how many people at this group are still on the

> > ldn? Meaning does everyone who is a member 2400 aproximately,

> > still take the ldn? I am just thinking that if I am experiencing

> > mood swings and depression then more than 3 people who answered are

> > experiancing it also.

> >

> > I wish there were some way to follow everyones experiances. I am

> > questioning whether its safe for me to continue, so it's in my best

> > interest to hear from others with the same problem. Maybe we can

> > find out how to rectify it.

> >

> > Thanks for answering Crystal!

> >

> > Take Care

> >

> > > Hi Everyone,

> > > I've had no problems with taking the LDN. I started out taking 3

> > mg for a few months then went up to 4.5 mg and no problems at all.

> > Maybe you need to go back down to 3 mg and see how that does for

> > you. Remember also that everyone is different and thing's effect

> > everyone different. Did you have the same problem when you were

> > taking just the 3 mg?

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hi Arlene, Sorry almost missed your email. Did I talk with you previously about mood swings you were having? It was sent to my email addy. Just wondering as I answered it but ya can't trust .

I have used the calcium carbonate, but stopped it due to the fear, that it would compact down and cause a slow release. Did this happen? Not that I know of. I think it was working or doing something as I still experianced the bizarre dreams. I switched over to advicel as I wanted to do the right thing and not leave anything to chance. I am thinking, I will hear, "well that is causing your headache" but thats okay as it's not the main issue. The main issue with me is trying to stay on the ldn but feel better mood and depression wise. I wish I knew who to contact to ask.

How would the elavil work against the ldn? I'm afraid to stop it now but would if I knew the dynamics and understood them.

Thanks for the reply Arlene! I appreciate it!

Take Care >> > In a message dated 3/16/2006 7:02:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, > pomsaregreat@... writes:> > I am on elavil so it stops the pain. I also get headaches with other > fillers. I am really interested in hearing from > > > > What fillers have you used? How long have you been taking it? > > I'm also wondering if the elavil is somehow interacting with the ldn. > Arlene>

Guest guest

Thats a great idea ! Does anyone know where to reach the moderator? Or if you are reading please contact me. I will see after I post if it will allow me.

Thanks !

>> Maybe someone should create a poll question. I think that's one of > the options in . However, The moderator might have to > create the poll.> > > >

Guest guest

My god ! I could have written this! I didn't realize it had hit you this way! Hopefully someone somewhere knows the answer. I know its not my ms or a figmant of my imagination.

Take Care >> I have been having the same problem for several weeks now...I'm so > glad someone mentioned it.> > I will be fine, but if I get aggravated or frustrated, I lose my > temper and feel like I'm in a rage, and then I find myself back to > normal. Another thing I have noticed is that I tend to fixate on > certain things, usually negative. This is very concerning to me as > well, as I am an optimistic person by nature and usually it's almost > impossible to make me angry at all. And now I find I'm yelling at > people and my pets? Extremely unusual.> > Also, a very good friend of mine mentioned on the phone today that > when she has talked to me lately, she can hear an edge to my voice, > as if I'm very tense.> > In fact, I discussed this very problem with my therapist this > morning. She does not feel I have any situational issues that might > be causing these problems and suggested I speak to my doctor about > it.> > I haven't had any medication changes other than a very recent > increase of my antidepressant because of this problem. I only take > 3.0 mg. of the ldn. I do not suffer from any psychiatric issues > other than moderate depression due to my illness and an anxiety > disorder that has been under control for some time. I am 41 years > old, my periods have been regular and normal for me, which leads me > to think it isn't horomonal.> > I am wondering, does anyone know if this is a side effect of the ldn > that might go away with time? Is it something I need to just wait > out? It certainly would be helpful if anyone else who has had this > happen could let me know what they found out.> >

Guest guest

Could be . I am going to check that out! Thanks! I never think to look at the side effects because this is such a small dose. Duh me tryed the poll. I should have known it was a no go . Lol!> I think one of the side effects of taking Natrexone at full dose > (50MG) was a lack of feeling good or positive about things. I wonder > if some people might experience this even at lower doses.> >

Guest guest

Someone here knows who the moderator is, I just can't remember who.

I wish I could help you out. Look up just Naltrexone (not LDN.) You

should come up with some side effects. I'm not sure if they apply to

low doses.

On Mar 17, 2006, at 2:59 PM, wrote:

> Could be . I am going to check that out! Thanks! I never

> think to look at the side effects because this is such a small

> dose. Duh me tryed the poll. I should have known it was a no

> go . Lol!

> > I think one of the side effects of taking Natrexone at full dose

> > (50MG) was a lack of feeling good or positive about things. I wonder

> > if some people might experience this even at lower doses.

> >

> >

>

>

Guest guest

, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've had no negative side effects. Over the last 4 weeks, I've had increased energy levels, better balance, less back pain. I've had no problems with depression or mood swings. Remember, LDN works for approximately 80% of those who use it. Good luck. Ed <pomsaregreat@...> wrote: Hi Crystal, I'm glad you had no problems with the ldn. I did go down to 3mg. I was okay the first day and now I am back to the mood swings and depression . I am curious as to how many people at this group are still on the ldn? Meaning does everyone who is a member 2400 aproximately, still take the ldn? I am just thinking that if I am experiencing mood swings and depression then more than 3 people who answered are experiancing it also. I wish there were some way to follow everyones experiances. I am questioning whether its safe for me to continue, so it's in my best interest to hear from others with the same problem. Maybe we can find out how to rectify it. Thanks for answering Crystal! Take Care > Hi Everyone,> I've had no problems with taking

the LDN. I started out taking 3 mg for a few months then went up to 4.5 mg and no problems at all. Maybe you need to go back down to 3 mg and see how that does for you. Remember also that everyone is different and thing's effect everyone different. Did you have the same problem when you were taking just the 3 mg?>

Guest guest

I have those urges, but I've been absorbing Wayne Dyer's teachings since 1993, so I return to center fairly quickly.

Only in November 2003 was I called manic depressive.... po'd a lot of people during that month. That was 7 months after starting.

As time goes by, I love LDN and Me, more and more

[low dose naltrexone] Re: 5.0 freak out

My god ! I could have written this! I didn't realize it had hit you this way! Hopefully someone somewhere knows the answer. I know its not my ms or a figmant of my imagination.

Take Care >> I have been having the same problem for several weeks now...I'm so > glad someone mentioned it.> > I will be fine, but if I get aggravated or frustrated, I lose my > temper and feel like I'm in a rage, and then I find myself back to > normal. Another thing I have noticed is that I tend to fixate on > certain things, usually negative. This is very concerning to me as > well, as I am an optimistic person by nature and usually it's almost > impossible to make me angry at all. And now I find I'm yelling at > people and my pets? Extremely unusual.>

Guest guest

few drop it, who are here.. the ones who disappear I'd say are still on it...

those who seem to stop it make it REALLY CLEAR in this group that THEY are stopping it.... few and far between from what I can see

http://www.larrygc.com/mystory is my ongoing journal since the early days

Re: [low dose naltrexone] Re: 5.0 freak out

Maybe someone should create a poll question. I think that's one of the options in . However, The moderator might have to create the poll.On Mar 17, 2006, at 2:20 PM, wrote:> Hi Crystal, I'm glad you had no problems with the ldn. I did go > down to 3mg. I was okay the first day and now I am back to the > mood swings and depression .>

Guest guest

Hi

I'd just like to add that I'm experiencing dreadful moods as well.

I've been taking 4.5mg for 2 1/2 months. I started off great - lots

more energy and lots of get up and go. However over the last month

my dark moods have gotten progressively worse and I don't seem to

see the positives in much anymore, I also don't have the same

patience with my 3 kids. My husband want's me to stop taking it as

he thinks I'm very difficult to live with right now. I'd just like

to understand why this is hapening and if there is anything I can do

about it without stoping the LDN. I'm not on anti-depressants and

haven't had problems with depression in the past. I have never had a

disabling event but do suffer cognitive difficulty at times - I

can't 'think on my feet' the way I used to.

Loraine

>

>

> In a message dated 3/17/2006 2:51:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> pomsaregreat@... writes:

>

> How would the elavil work against the ldn? I'm afraid to stop it

now but

> would if I knew the dynamics and understood them.

>

>

> Hi

> I don't know how the elavil would work against the ldn, but it

seems that

> both you and take anti-depressants, and you are both

going through

> these mood swings. I wonder if there is a correlation?

>

> I just wonder if there are other people on the ldn who also take

> anti-depressants, and don't have the mood swings?

>

> Maybe this could be a question on the poll. I have heard that

mood is

> usually elevated by the LDN.

>

> Arlene

>

Guest guest

Ed,

I hope you don't mind my jumping in here. I think what is

concerning me is that for the first six weeks on the ldn, I actually

felt like I was in a better mood and now I'm really struggling to

control what feels like almost rage.

I know what you mean about it only helping about 80% of the people

on it, but physically I am doing wonderfully on the ldn. (I do not

have MS, I have ALS.)

That's where my dilemma comes in. Physically, I am better off than

I was six months ago. Emotionally, I have felt tattered for the

last month. I'm willing to be on this for the long haul, because it

does seem to work. I just wish I knew how to control these " rages " ,

or if they tend to go away after being on the ldn longer.

Take Care,

Cath

--- In low dose naltrexone , Ed Rojewski <edroj2@...>

wrote:

>

> ,

> I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've had no negative side

effects. Over the last 4 weeks, I've had increased energy levels,

better balance, less back pain. I've had no problems with depression

or mood swings. Remember, LDN works for approximately 80% of those

who use it. Good luck.

>

> Ed

>

Guest guest

I hope someone knows the answer too, . I hadn't even thought

about it being considered a symptom of the MS until you wrote that.

I have ALS, as you know, and mood swings or depression isn't one of

the symptoms of that disease.

Crystal, I didn't go back to answer your e-mail and have gotten a

little lost. Did you drop your dosage yet, and if so, did it help?

I hate that you're going through this too.

Take Care,

>

>

> My god ! I could have written this! I didn't realize it

had

> hit you this way! Hopefully someone somewhere knows the answer.

I know

> its not my ms or a figmant of my imagination.

>

> Take Care