RemedySpot.com

(No subject)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

h6102@... wrote:

From: h6102@...Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 07:56:42 EDTSubject: Fwd: (no subject)To: astilbe8@..., donna@..., Sawcutin3369@...,litelstar@..., Danbenn41@..., JeffAel@...,agrace@..., JRhunter2109@..., a_Harvey@...,Sara14485@..., saharvey@..., wfhsr@...,ifewith@..., kimcheecat@..., lavndrmn@...,Mlktz98@..., splashsmama@..., pagansdream411@...,hmrrpcp@..., Scoobdont1@..., countrygurl4uqt@...,jsims55555@...

Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:30:10 -0400 (EDT)From: GTLAKE@...Subject: Fwd: (no subject)To: Aburritt@..., angelinamarsh@..., Aqutefraze@...,bingocat2@..., CBrannon@..., bwil_iams@...,mmitsuda@..., Casses@..., conandmyksmom@...,REB161@..., Donna466@..., dot_kay@...,Ears1948@..., ECBMTB@..., Garbutton@...,sevenwoj@..., Jaczarn@..., RVNGPSY@...,jovannisalgado@..., Karch@..., LUVAGREY@...,Lvbinki@..., msersunited@..., GFRIJOLE@...,PatFPearl@..., rayandsuew@..., salgados1.1@...,sbasta@..., sheardel@..., msomdahl@...,tdandcl@..., terence.gallagher@..., TAH957@...,glvanisk@..., Vegasdumbo@...

From: Lvbinki@...Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:10:50 EDTSubject: Fwd: (no subject)To: GTLAKE@...From: GMAHPB@...Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:53:45 EDTSubject: (no subject)To: Snickers0523@..., SISSUBETTY@..., TheBirk44@...,Lvbinki@..., RWeed0215@..., HLRDH@...,Grandmapeggy7@...

LAUS DEO: A HISTORY LESSONA little history lesson you may enjoy.I thought that you and others may like to see this. One detail that is notmentioned, in DC, is that there can never be a building of greater heightthan the Washington Monument.With all the uproar about removing the ten commandments, etc... This isworth a moment or two of your time. I was not aware of this historicalinformation.On the aluminum cap, atop the Washington Monument in Washington, DC, aredisplayed two words: Laus Deo. No one can see these words. In fact, mostvisitors to the monument are totally unaware they are even there and forthat matter, probably couldn't care less.Once you know Laus Deo's history, you will want to share this with everyoneyou know. But these words have been there for many years; they are 555feet wide, 5.125 inches high, perched atop the monument, facing skyward to theFather of our nation,

overlooking the 69 square miles which comprise theDistrict of Columbia, capital of the United States of America.Laus Deo! Two seemingly insignificant, un-noticed words. Out of sight and,one might think, out of mind, but very meaningfully placed at the highestpoint over what is the most powerful city in the most successful nation inthe world.So, what do those two words, in Latin, composed of just four syllables andonly seven letters, possibly mean? Very simply, they say "Praise be toGod!"Though construction of this giant obelisk began in 1848, when Polk wasPresident of the United States, it was not until 1888 that the monument wasinaugurated and opened to the public. It took twenty five years to finallycap the memorial with a tribute to the Father of our nation, Laus Deo.Praise be to God!"From atop this magnificent granite and marble structure, visitors may takein the beautiful panoramic view of the

city with its division into fourmajor segments. From that vantage point, one can also easily see theoriginal plan of the designer, Pierre l'Enfant...a perfect crossimposed upon the landscape, with the White House to the north. TheJefferson Memorial is to the south, the Capitol to the east and the LincolnMemorial to the west.A cross you ask? Why a cross? What about separation of church and state?Yes, a cross; separation of church and state was not, is not, in theConstitution. So, read on. How interesting and, no doubt, intended tocarry a profound meaning for those who bother to notice.Praise be to God! Within the monument itself are 898 steps and 50 landings.As one climbs the steps and pauses at the landings the memorial stones sharea message. On the 12th Landing is a prayer offered by the City ofBaltimore; on the 20th is a memorial presented by some Chinese Christians;on the 24th a presentation made by Sunday

School children from New York andPhiladelphia quoting Proverbs 10:7, Luke 18:16 and Proverbs 22:6. Praise beto God!When the cornerstone of the Washington Monument was laid on July 4th, 1848deposited within it were many items including the Holy Bible presented bythe Bible Society. Praise be to God! Such was the discipline, the moraldirection, and the spiritual mood given by the founder and first Presidentof our unique democracy .."One Nation, Under God."I am awed by Washington's prayer for America. Have you never read it?Well, now is your unique opportunity, so read on!"Almighty God; We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the UnitedStates in Thy holy protection; that Thou wilt incline the hearts of thecitizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government;and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for theirfellow citizens of the United states at large. And finally

that Thou wiltmost graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy,and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper ofmind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessedreligion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things wecan never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseechThee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."Laus Deo!When one stops to observe the inscriptions found in public places all overour nation's capitol, he or she will easily find the signature of God, as itis unmistakably inscribed everywhere you look You may forget the width andheight of "Laus Deo", its location, or the architects but no one who readsthis will be able to forget its meaning, or these words: "Unless the Lordbuilds the house its builders labor in vain.Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain."(Psalm

127: 1)It is hoped you will send this to every child you know; to every sister,brother, father, mother or friend. They will not find offense, because youhave given them a lesson in history that they probably never learned inschool. With that, be not ashamed, or afraid, but have pity on those whowill never see this because someone failed to send it on. __________________________________________________

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

welcome..my nada has had BPD and NPD all her life

Jackie

I've been reading Stop Walking on Eggshells and found this support group

listed in the book. I've never been in any online group so this is a little

awkward for me. I believe my mother who is 81 has BPD. I have just become

aware

that there is a name for what she has in the past year and have been dealing

with the ups and downs of this very strange disorder for the past 13 years

since

we all moved in together. Before that I can look back and see tendancies

towards this but I feel moving in with us she felt she was giving up control

of

her life and this came to the surface more. In going thru the list of

symptoms

I can say " yes " to almost every single one. Sometimes I feel like I'm

drowning.

************************************** See what's free at

http://www.aol.com.

Guest guest

has she been throughly checked out by a doctor ?? BPD people are this way

from childhood, they don't get it as adults

Jackie

No - I think I'm just a little bit nuts. I had a very normal, wonderful

childhood. I think my dad tempered her quite a bit. He was her rock and as

long

as he was around she " seemed " fine to me altho I know it took a great toll

on

his health because he died of a stroke at 62 years old. I'm now almost 55.

He's been gone for almost 30 years. She lived on her own for quite a few

years

and it was actually my idea that we move in together. We had moved from

rental to rental over a 17 year period and I was tired of never having any

roots.

We all got along well with my mom and always included her in family

activities - she was a tad invasive but I never thought much of it. Just

thought she

missed dad and didn't like being alone. So - 13 years ago I went to her and

suggested we buy a home together. She didn't like the mobile home park she

was

living in so readily agreed. We found a great house in short order and

moved

in - she went from day to night almost right away. I attribute it to the

loss

of control of her life altho I never put any restrictions on her activities.

There have been so many bizarre situations since we moved in together and

Borderline is the only thing that matches up. She is more and more clingy

with

me - doesn't want me out of her sight. She doesn't so much put me down but

she

bad mouths my husband and my kids and has a long list of people she hates

and

I have to listen to it all the time. And there is constant talking - is

this

symptom - does anyone else experience that. Her mouth is always moving and

it makes me weary. My daughter and I used to play what we called the

5-4-3-2-1 game where we " silently " tried to count down from 5 to 1 between

breaks in

her thoughts and we've never made it - never in all these years. She walks

into a room " mouth first " and it doesn't matter if someone else is having a

conversation or not - she'll butt right in.

We all have a really good sense of humor and I think that has saved us -

that

and a great faith in God. We are able to laugh about things. Oop - here

she

is - need to go.

Guest guest

Some BPD people actually don't rage - they turn it inwards. Lucky for

her daughter!

>

> has she been throughly checked out by a doctor ?? BPD people are

this way

> from childhood, they don't get it as adults