RemedySpot.com

Re: Bronchiectasis/Mayo Clinic

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Nona,

I also receive the Mayo Clinic Newsletter online. For a number of years I paid for a subscription to the Mayo Clinic Health Letter, The s Hopkins Medical Letter--Health After 50 and University of California, Berkeley Wellness Letter. I read this same article about bronchiectasis in the Mayo Clinic Newsletter today and thought about informing everyone about it. I also receive an e-newsletter from National Jewish Medical and Research Center, #1 respiratory hospital in the U.S. according to the U.S. News and World Report, www.nationaljewish.org and Sinus News www.sinuspharmacy.com. I have used the SinuNeb for my chronic pseudomonas sinusitis through Sinus Pharmacy. What I have noted recently in both the Sinus News and Mayo Clinic Newsletter that as patients we need to tell our doctors that we do not want antibiotics unless absolutely necessary since super bugs may develop from the overuse of antibiotics unnecessarily. Do we now tell the doctors what to do? It seems that this is what we need to do. Then why do we have to pay them??? Thanks for getting off my chest.

Norma

Guest guest

Nona,

I also receive the Mayo Clinic Newsletter online. For a number of years I paid for a subscription to the Mayo Clinic Health Letter, The s Hopkins Medical Letter--Health After 50 and University of California, Berkeley Wellness Letter. I read this same article about bronchiectasis in the Mayo Clinic Newsletter today and thought about informing everyone about it. I also receive an e-newsletter from National Jewish Medical and Research Center, #1 respiratory hospital in the U.S. according to the U.S. News and World Report, www.nationaljewish.org and Sinus News www.sinuspharmacy.com. I have used the SinuNeb for my chronic pseudomonas sinusitis through Sinus Pharmacy. What I have noted recently in both the Sinus News and Mayo Clinic Newsletter that as patients we need to tell our doctors that we do not want antibiotics unless absolutely necessary since super bugs may develop from the overuse of antibiotics unnecessarily. Do we now tell the doctors what to do? It seems that this is what we need to do. Then why do we have to pay them??? Thanks for getting off my chest.

Norma

Guest guest

My Dr. gives me the prescriptions & explained to me so I would know when I need to take. I had a tick bite this summer & Dr. in emergency said no antibiotic just watch this and watch for these signs. I am sure you will be OK but you never want to take an antibiotic unless you have to. Try to get by without because you don't want to become immune to them. The only time I take is when I really start getting a lot of gunk up and color is bad. Most of the time I have a small amount & it is either clear or milk white if a clump. When I cough up blood l watch it very closely and watch when draining to make sure no infection. I have not had a problem this season, not since last summer except for feeling lousy when weather changes but not really sick when that happens. I just keep hoping I will continue like this. Stay out of crowds as much as possible & away from known sick people. I have a friend who went to the Jewish Hospital - she has another lung problem. Take care. Nona

Guest guest

My Dr. gives me the prescriptions & explained to me so I would know when I need to take. I had a tick bite this summer & Dr. in emergency said no antibiotic just watch this and watch for these signs. I am sure you will be OK but you never want to take an antibiotic unless you have to. Try to get by without because you don't want to become immune to them. The only time I take is when I really start getting a lot of gunk up and color is bad. Most of the time I have a small amount & it is either clear or milk white if a clump. When I cough up blood l watch it very closely and watch when draining to make sure no infection. I have not had a problem this season, not since last summer except for feeling lousy when weather changes but not really sick when that happens. I just keep hoping I will continue like this. Stay out of crowds as much as possible & away from known sick people. I have a friend who went to the Jewish Hospital - she has another lung problem. Take care. Nona

Guest guest

thank you so much, nona.

jennifer

STAR34BABY@... wrote:

This is quick and to the point, maybe some of the newbies might especially be interested...................................................................................NonaMayoClinic.com - Medical and health information for a healthier life from Mayo Clinic Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals

Guest guest

thank you so much, nona.

jennifer

STAR34BABY@... wrote:

This is quick and to the point, maybe some of the newbies might especially be interested...................................................................................NonaMayoClinic.com - Medical and health information for a healthier life from Mayo Clinic Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals

Guest guest

Hi Pamela,

You must be from Australia. I live near Austin, Texas (U.S.) also known as one of the allergy capitals of the world. I am originally from the midwestern part of the U.S. and did not have problems with allergies until I moved to Texas. My only allergy is mold. It is very humid here so that makes this problem worse here. It sounds like you have learned how to take care of your body, mind and soul. When you mention that dairy and wheat products flare your sinuses, it reminds me of what I read in a book by S. Ivker, D.O., Past President, American Holistic Medical Association, Sinus Survival--The Holistic Medical Treatment for Allergies, Colds, and Sinusitis. I also agree with you that stress is a great contributor of these problems. I am trying to learn to meditate and hopefully be able to manage stress better.

Welcome to the group and thank you for your words of wisdom.

Norma

Guest guest

Hi there

I am a newey

and I dont have antibiotics

I go to a naturpath and have a therapist who works with

colourpunture : the healing power of light

these two therapys have certainly been helping me

emotionaly and physically

previous to this I was in and out of hospital

every couple of months

I do feel better in my body when i take care of what i am putting into my

mouth

as I find dairy and wheat products certainly flare my sinisus along with

the alergys that surround us airbourne etc etc and emotional upsets as well

I dont mix very much either so i keep my self fairly quite hopefully keep

myself clear

inwardly and outly ( this is ongoing and at times things arnt in my control

so I ned to work through what ever presents itself at the time

I am finding this for me and well as ackowledging my body and how it is able

function

sometimes need to shut down and rest and just be verystill with myself

at the same time hoping not to become ingulfed in this time allowing myself

the thoughts of moving through and not getting caught up in the seemly

hopelessness of these times

I was asked a few weeks ago are you very ill my reply was my body isnt

very well but

my mind is healthy

this is my experience

take care much hope goes to everyone

Pamela Maree Bung lung

>From: STAR34BABY@...

>Reply-To: bronchiectasis

>To: bronchiectasis

>Subject: Bronchiectasis/Mayo Clinic

>Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:03:06 EST

>

> This is quick and to the point, maybe some of the newbies might

>especially

>be

>interested.....................................................................\

...............Nona

>

>MayoClinic.com - Medical and health information for a healthier life from

>Mayo Clinic

Get Extra Storage in 10MB, 25MB, 50MB and 100MB options now! Go to

http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-au & page=hotmail/es2