RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Friday - walk & pilates

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Great job, as usual, Donna!! I saw frost this morning and they're talking about snow here soon too. It is not unusual for us to get some on Halloween but of course, we always hope we won't. Last year was gorgeous, I hope this year is nice too.

Tell me about the squishy ball used in the pilates workout (the workout sounds really good too). I've seen it used in another workout, but can't remember which one now. What is it, where do you get it, why use it, and can I modify something to make it into a squishy ball (that would work) without spending money on another piece of equipment?

Thanks!

Friday - walk & pilates

Hi Everyone!

It is cold here today, and, we may actually get a little snow tomorrow - this is really unusual! Of course, it is the "fall fun day' at my DD's school - so couldn't pick a worse time for bad weather since it is outdoors and my DD has been looking forward to it the entire school year! Oh well - hopefully it won't be too nasty out there - I'm not prepared for real cold yet. For my workout today I did the walking audio from Body Gospel. I liked it - it had 4 gospel songs w/ some motivational talk from Donna interspersed throughout. My only gripe was that it was only 20 minutes. I think the literature from BB says it is 30 mintues. So, I did it twice and walked a tad over 3 miles (close to or just over 3.3 miles) in 40 minutes. After that, I did the 20 min workout from the new Element Pilates workout (the one that uses the squishy ball). I really, really liked it - it wasn't the same old, same old Pilates routine! There was also a good deal of work that focused on stretching the hamstrings and hip flexors - which I really need! I'm looking forward to trying the 30 min routine.Other than that - busy day today - Halloween events at my DD's school, plus the usual, work, housework, etc.TGIF!

talk to everyone later -

Donna

Guest guest

For my workout today I did the walking audio from Body Gospel. I liked it - it had 4 gospel songs w/ some motivational talk from Donna interspersed throughout.

Good workout Donna. WOW on the snow. I hate to even hear that word already.

Have a great weekend.

~

Guest guest

Hi I found this one at Walmart- the squishy ball just changes the dynamic - it can add a stability challenge or it can help to add a greater range of motion to an exercise (like a stability ball). A child's ball w/ some of the air taken out would work just fine! :)

The Element kit I found at Walmart comes w/ the ball and is around $13-$14

Hope that helps!Donna

Subject: Re: Friday - walk & pilatesTo: exercisevideos Date: Friday, October 28, 2011, 12:43 PM

Great job, as usual, Donna!! I saw frost this morning and they're talking about snow here soon too. It is not unusual for us to get some on Halloween but of course, we always hope we won't. Last year was gorgeous, I hope this year is nice too.

Tell me about the squishy ball used in the pilates workout (the workout sounds really good too). I've seen it used in another workout, but can't remember which one now. What is it, where do you get it, why use it, and can I modify something to make it into a squishy ball (that would work) without spending money on another piece of equipment?

Thanks!

Friday - walk & pilates

Hi Everyone!

It is cold here today, and, we may actually get a little snow tomorrow - this is really unusual! Of course, it is the "fall fun day' at my DD's school - so couldn't pick a worse time for bad weather since it is outdoors and my DD has been looking forward to it the entire school year! Oh well - hopefully it won't be too nasty out there - I'm not prepared for real cold yet. For my workout today I did the walking audio from Body Gospel. I liked it - it had 4 gospel songs w/ some motivational talk from Donna interspersed throughout. My only gripe was that it was only 20 minutes. I think the literature from BB says it is 30 mintues. So, I did it twice and walked a tad over 3 miles (close to or just over 3.3 miles) in 40 minutes. After that, I did the 20 min workout from the new Element Pilates workout (the one that uses the squishy ball). I really, really liked it - it wasn't the same old, same old Pilates routine! There was also a

good deal of work that focused on stretching the hamstrings and hip flexors - which I really need! I'm looking forward to trying the 30 min routine.Other than that - busy day today - Halloween events at my DD's school, plus the usual, work, housework, etc.TGIF!

talk to everyone later -

Donna

Guest guest

Hi I found this one at Walmart- the squishy ball just changes the dynamic - it can add a stability challenge or it can help to add a greater range of motion to an exercise (like a stability ball). A child's ball w/ some of the air taken out would work just fine! :)

Hope that helps!Donna

Subject: Re: Friday - walk & pilatesTo: exercisevideos Date: Friday, October 28, 2011, 12:43 PM

Thanks!

Friday - walk & pilates

Hi Everyone!

It is cold here today, and, we may actually get a little snow tomorrow - this is really unusual! Of course, it is the "fall fun day' at my DD's school - so couldn't pick a worse time for bad weather since it is outdoors and my DD has been looking forward to it the entire school year! Oh well - hopefully it won't be too nasty out there - I'm not prepared for real cold yet. For my workout today I did the walking audio from Body Gospel. I liked it - it had 4 gospel songs w/ some motivational talk from Donna interspersed throughout. My only gripe was that it was only 20 minutes. I think the literature from BB says it is 30 mintues. So, I did it twice and walked a tad over 3 miles (close to or just over 3.3 miles) in 40 minutes. After that, I did the 20 min workout from the new Element Pilates workout (the one that uses the squishy ball). I really, really liked it - it wasn't the same old, same old Pilates routine! There was also a

good deal of work that focused on stretching the hamstrings and hip flexors - which I really need! I'm looking forward to trying the 30 min routine.Other than that - busy day today - Halloween events at my DD's school, plus the usual, work, housework, etc.TGIF!

talk to everyone later -

Donna

Guest guest

Hope that helps!Donna

Thanks!

Friday - walk & pilates

Hi Everyone!

talk to everyone later -

Donna