RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

and decorating

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From what I've seen stickers work well. I also know that there is a place around here somwhere that will paint your helmet for you. Don't know if it's specifically for helmets, but looking into some sort of art place might be a nice idea. You might be able to find an artist amongst your pals that will paint it for you if you supply the paints.

Meg and in UT

renee_rashidian <renee_rashidian@...> wrote:

Hey Taryn-The DOC Band is supposed to take 2 weeks to get into CT. They said that if it comes in sooner, then they will call me. Otherwise, the DOC band is scheduled to be fitted for Lea on 11/19/02. I hope it comes in sooner.Lea will be almost 8 months by that time. I guess she may be stuck in this band for 3-4 months, depending on her growth. I love to see her in hats or bandanas over her head. It makes her facial features stand out and she look so adorable. I won't have any problem with the hat wearing.I will have a problem with decoration. I am not so artistic. ANy decorating tips?Later-:)> > You are quite welcome, . The casting is a piece of cake and > you will get used to Lea's helmet in no time. I am so excited to see > progress already and it has really made me feel good about our whole > decision. I know that was one thing I was glad about...not worrying > about which way was laying or if she was laying too long on her > back or in her seats too long because with the helmet I don't need to > worry so much about that anymore. Lea will take the helmet like a > pro and act like it's not even there. took a nap in hers right > after she got it put on and slept like normal the first night. How > long is your trip going to be? has been going in every 2 weeks > but Jim has scheduled us for three weeks this time. You might be > able to go. Talk to them about it...Good luck to you and Lea and > please let us know how her casting goes.> > > > Taryn and > > Indiana > > Re: Pictures Posted of Lea-Need Advice on head > shape to > > > > > > Thanks Taryn! I can't wait until I get over the casting thing > and get > > the helmet. The more I watch Lea's head-the more I think she > will be > > a great candidate for it! > > > > I started looking into the helmet thing when she just turned 6 > months. > > And then, by the time I could get the prescription and get all > the > > necessary insurance preapproval (which was denied), a entire > month had > > passed. Meanwhile, I keep repositioning all day and night-not > getting > > my full sleep, worrying if she is sleeping on her back-which is > her > > FAVORITE position!> > > > Once she gets the helmet-it is in her CRIB without any worry > which > > side she is laying. That is going to be such a relief! > Yeahhhhh! I > > can sleep w/o waking to check on her!> > > > I hope she does well with the helmet and shows improvement within > a > > month. We had planned an overseas trip for christmas, but with > the > > helmet, I do not think we can make it. The trip was for one > month and > > the band/helmet check-ups require weekly or bi monthly checks. > Oh > > well,,,,next christmas.> > > > later-> > > > > For more plagio info