RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: I need a favour

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So do you think it would be a good idea for this lady to have a follow up test, in say, 6 months or 12 months in case the first one WAS a false negative?

anne

thats true liz, but I dont think anyone can be exposed, test negative and then 15 years have damage unless the either were infected AFTER that original test OR they had a false negative test,, but yes it does take years for the liver to be damaged,,

Guest guest

So do you think it would be a good idea for this lady to have a follow up test, in say, 6 months or 12 months in case the first one WAS a false negative?

anne

thats true liz, but I dont think anyone can be exposed, test negative and then 15 years have damage unless the either were infected AFTER that original test OR they had a false negative test,, but yes it does take years for the liver to be damaged,,

Guest guest

Thank you Kathrine. So let me get this straight for the next time I speak to her. If tests show that she has no antibodies in her blood, she hasn't been exposed/contracted the virus but to make sure, she should have a followup test in 6 or 12 months to make sure the first test result wasn't a false negative. If the second test comes back negative she can relax and get on with her life without fear of the virus lurking in her body?

Love

anne

I need a favour

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years.

For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years.

We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up.

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

Thank you Kathrine. So let me get this straight for the next time I speak to her. If tests show that she has no antibodies in her blood, she hasn't been exposed/contracted the virus but to make sure, she should have a followup test in 6 or 12 months to make sure the first test result wasn't a false negative. If the second test comes back negative she can relax and get on with her life without fear of the virus lurking in her body?

Love

anne

I need a favour

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years.

For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years.

We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up.

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

Love

anne

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

I don't think that's necessarily so. The antibodies can take, to my understanding, up to 6 months to develop. And there are both false positive and false negative results happening for the antibodies. But the antibody test is cheaper than the PCR test, and is usually done first. The PCR is what's going to show virus, but it can, to my understanding, still take 6 months to a year for the virus to be detectable in a PCR, even.

Sally

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of anneSent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:14 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: I need a favour

So, what you're saying is that if she tested negative 3 months after the needle stick, she wasn't exposed to/doesn't have the virus? If that's the case, that's fabulous news for this lady.

Thank you!!!

Love

anne

anne hon

Hep C is an RNA virus and once you have gotten it, you will test positive,,and while it may lay dormant or not very active, it cannot lay dormant like HIV which is a DNA virus.but both of these virus will test pos if your body has gotten it, but may not be active and in the case of hep c, some ppl will clear the virus on their own.... If someone is negative at 6 months after exposure,, then they probably wont convert to pos... I have never heard of someone testing neg and then having it get active 15 years later,,they probably actually got infected later than they thought,,,, that doesnt make sense,, maybe Im not understand what you are saying,, I dont know,,

Guest guest

I don't think that's necessarily so. The antibodies can take, to my understanding, up to 6 months to develop. And there are both false positive and false negative results happening for the antibodies. But the antibody test is cheaper than the PCR test, and is usually done first. The PCR is what's going to show virus, but it can, to my understanding, still take 6 months to a year for the virus to be detectable in a PCR, even.

Sally

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of anneSent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:14 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: I need a favour

So, what you're saying is that if she tested negative 3 months after the needle stick, she wasn't exposed to/doesn't have the virus? If that's the case, that's fabulous news for this lady.

Thank you!!!

Love

anne

anne hon

Hep C is an RNA virus and once you have gotten it, you will test positive,,and while it may lay dormant or not very active, it cannot lay dormant like HIV which is a DNA virus.but both of these virus will test pos if your body has gotten it, but may not be active and in the case of hep c, some ppl will clear the virus on their own.... If someone is negative at 6 months after exposure,, then they probably wont convert to pos... I have never heard of someone testing neg and then having it get active 15 years later,,they probably actually got infected later than they thought,,,, that doesnt make sense,, maybe Im not understand what you are saying,, I dont know,,

Guest guest

it was not till 5 years ago when I started having bad night sweats that I was tested.. it is now still not having much of an effect on me but I also have Fibermyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. and they have a lot of over lapping symptoms so it's hard to tell which is actually causing the problems I have.

I don't know what it blame on which. but as i said a week or so ago.. after all this time just having my blood tested by my family doc he now wants to send me to the hep c clinic at the gastro dr's office.. which is kind of scarry...????

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

it was not till 5 years ago when I started having bad night sweats that I was tested.. it is now still not having much of an effect on me but I also have Fibermyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. and they have a lot of over lapping symptoms so it's hard to tell which is actually causing the problems I have.

I don't know what it blame on which. but as i said a week or so ago.. after all this time just having my blood tested by my family doc he now wants to send me to the hep c clinic at the gastro dr's office.. which is kind of scarry...????

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

Incidence of CFS and Fibromyalgia are much higher than the general population among HCV infected. Its possible that the HCV is what's caused the CFS and Fibromyalgia. Same is true for diabetes.

And the liver panel that your doctor does really doesn't tell them much of anything about what HCV is doing to your liver or the rest of your body. Go to the HepC clinic. You will get MUCH better care there.

Sally

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:10 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: I need a favour

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

Incidence of CFS and Fibromyalgia are much higher than the general population among HCV infected. Its possible that the HCV is what's caused the CFS and Fibromyalgia. Same is true for diabetes.

And the liver panel that your doctor does really doesn't tell them much of anything about what HCV is doing to your liver or the rest of your body. Go to the HepC clinic. You will get MUCH better care there.

Sally

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis_C_Central [mailto:Hepatitis_C_Central ] On Behalf Of Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:10 PMTo: Hepatitis_C_Central Subject: Re: I need a favour

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

Well IF you were negative years ago, is it possible you had another exposure?? wrote: it was not till 5 years ago when I started having bad night sweats that I was tested.. it is now still not having much of an effect on me but I also have Fibermyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. and they have a lot of over lapping symptoms so it's hard to tell which is actually causing the problems I have. I don't know what it blame on which. but as i said a week or so ago.. after all this time just having my blood tested by my family doc he now wants to send me to the hep c clinic at the gastro dr's office.. which is kind of scarry...???? I need a favour Can anyone

point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years. For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up. Can anyone help?? Love anneJackie

Guest guest

Well IF you were negative years ago, is it possible you had another exposure?? wrote: it was not till 5 years ago when I started having bad night sweats that I was tested.. it is now still not having much of an effect on me but I also have Fibermyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. and they have a lot of over lapping symptoms so it's hard to tell which is actually causing the problems I have. I don't know what it blame on which. but as i said a week or so ago.. after all this time just having my blood tested by my family doc he now wants to send me to the hep c clinic at the gastro dr's office.. which is kind of scarry...???? I need a favour Can anyone

point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years. For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up. Can anyone help?? Love anneJackie

Guest guest

Guest guest

THAT would be what I think anne, if she test negative at 6 mo or a year, she is probably in the clear but must take care not to put herself in the position to have another exposure,,anne wrote: Thank you Kathrine. So let me get this straight for the next time I speak to her. If tests show that she has no antibodies in her blood, she hasn't been exposed/contracted the virus but to make sure, she should have a followup test in 6 or 12 months to make sure the first test result wasn't a false negative. If the second test comes back negative she can relax and get on with her life without fear of the virus lurking in her body? Love anne I need a favour Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C

(hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years. For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up. Can anyone help?? Love anneJackie

Guest guest

THAT would be what I think anne, if she test negative at 6 mo or a year, she is probably in the clear but must take care not to put herself in the position to have another exposure,,anne wrote: Thank you Kathrine. So let me get this straight for the next time I speak to her. If tests show that she has no antibodies in her blood, she hasn't been exposed/contracted the virus but to make sure, she should have a followup test in 6 or 12 months to make sure the first test result wasn't a false negative. If the second test comes back negative she can relax and get on with her life without fear of the virus lurking in her body? Love anne I need a favour Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C

(hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years. For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up. Can anyone help?? Love anneJackie

Guest guest

Guest guest

THAT IS CORRECT Kathy, either she does have it or she doesnt,, and the symptoms may not show up for years but she will test positive IF she has gotten the infection in her body..KATHRINE SWANSON wrote: According to what I have read in the postings, if they do the correct testing, she either has it or she does not. The symptoms and severity may not show up until many years later but the correct test can reveal if hepc is present in her system.Kathy wrote: Well if that is not ture then how did i have it for 15 years with no

symptoms for 15 years?????? I need a favour Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years. For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up. Can anyone help?? Love anneJackie

Guest guest

THAT IS CORRECT Kathy, either she does have it or she doesnt,, and the symptoms may not show up for years but she will test positive IF she has gotten the infection in her body..KATHRINE SWANSON wrote: According to what I have read in the postings, if they do the correct testing, she either has it or she does not. The symptoms and severity may not show up until many years later but the correct test can reveal if hepc is present in her system.Kathy wrote: Well if that is not ture then how did i have it for 15 years with no

symptoms for 15 years?????? I need a favour Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years. For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up. Can anyone help?? Love anneJackie

Guest guest

yes i remember reading about the non a non b thing myself..

I had my last child in 92 but she has tested negitive..

after my accident i was unable to walk for four months.. it was a very long drug out process learning to walk all over again.. and i'd not wish it on anyone.. but it's been 21 years and i am walking. i' had to have knee replacement a couple of years back.. the doctor kept telling me oh your to young your to young but it's not like i had any control of it lol

I need a favour

Can! anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years.

For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposi! ng lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years.

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Jackie Jackie