RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: I need a favour

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well if that is not ture then how did i have it for 15 years with no symptoms for 15 years??????

I need a favour

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years.

For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years.

We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up.

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

Well if that is not ture then how did i have it for 15 years with no symptoms for 15 years??????

I need a favour

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years.

For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years.

We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up.

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

Usually the virus will show up for positive antibodies , which means exposure to the virus at some point within a short period of time as Sally says . It can take years for the virus then to start damaging the liver

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

Usually the virus will show up for positive antibodies , which means exposure to the virus at some point within a short period of time as Sally says . It can take years for the virus then to start damaging the liver

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

but you would seroconvert if you are gonna get hep c,, it might not be doing alot but anyone would still test pos if they have gotten the virus,,Sally Hines wrote: If there's virus, there's virus. First she would show antibodies, but thatcan take 6 months or more, I believe. The lying dormant part is that thevirus is there, but the liver damage isn't happening, or is minimal.At least that's my understanding.Sally I need a favourCan anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliestconversation with an ex-nurse

who may have contracted Hep C from a needlestick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood testhas come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryland I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven'thad a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system foryears.For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn'task the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that thereis no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, somethingto back the claim up. Can anyone help??LoveanneIt's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have foundthe support you need with us. If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, justclick the link-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hepatitis_C_Central/Happy Posting

Guest guest

but you would seroconvert if you are gonna get hep c,, it might not be doing alot but anyone would still test pos if they have gotten the virus,,Sally Hines wrote: If there's virus, there's virus. First she would show antibodies, but thatcan take 6 months or more, I believe. The lying dormant part is that thevirus is there, but the liver damage isn't happening, or is minimal.At least that's my understanding.Sally I need a favourCan anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliestconversation with an ex-nurse

who may have contracted Hep C from a needlestick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood testhas come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryland I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven'thad a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system foryears.For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn'task the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that thereis no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, somethingto back the claim up. Can anyone help??LoveanneIt's a pleasure having you join in our conversations. We hope you have foundthe support you need with us. If you are using email for your posts, for easy access to our group, justclick the link-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hepatitis_C_Central/Happy Posting

Guest guest

Guest guest

anne hon Hep C is an RNA virus and once you have gotten it, you will test positive,,and while it may lay dormant or not very active, it cannot lay dormant like HIV which is a DNA virus.but both of these virus will test pos if your body has gotten it, but may not be active and in the case of hep c, some ppl will clear the virus on their own.... If someone is negative at 6 months after exposure,, then they probably wont convert to pos... I have never heard of someone testing neg and then having it get active 15 years later,,they probably actually got infected later than they thought,,,, that doesnt make sense,, maybe Im not understand what you are saying,, I dont know,,anne wrote: Can anyone

point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years. For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up. Can anyone help?? Love anne Jackie

Guest guest

thats true liz, but I dont think anyone can be exposed, test negative and then 15 years have damage unless the either were infected AFTER that original test OR they had a false negative test,, but yes it does take years for the liver to be damaged,,elizabethnv1 wrote: Usually the virus will show up for positive antibodies , which means exposure to the virus at some point within a short period of time as Sally says . It can take years for the virus then to start damaging the liver I need a favour Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay

dormant in his system for years. For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up. Can anyone help?? Love anneJackie

Guest guest

I agree with you Jackie . There are always false negatives , especially right after infection . luv ya hun

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anneJackie

Guest guest

I agree with you Jackie . There are always false negatives , especially right after infection . luv ya hun

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anneJackie

Guest guest

According to what I have read in the postings, if they do the correct testing, she either has it or she does not. The symptoms and severity may not show up until many years later but the correct test can reveal if hepc is present in her system. Kathy wrote: Well if that is not ture then how did i have it for 15 years with no symptoms for 15 years?????? I need a favour Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've just had the loveliest conversation with an ex-nurse who may have contracted Hep C from a needle stick. The accident happened about 3 months ago and her first blood test has come back negative. Since then she read a magazine article about Daryl and I where I revealed that Daryl had Hep C (hehe, there's news I haven't had a minute to share yet eh?)and that it had lay dormant in his system for years. For some reason she's entangled in a legal battle at the moment, I didn't ask the details but she did say that the opposing lawyer stated that there is no proof that Hep C can be dormant in ones system for years. We all know, that it IS possible but I need a document, a study, something to back the claim up. Can anyone help?? Love anne

Guest guest

Oh yes , I agree entirely. I actually Googled the term "Hepatitis C can lie dormant" and got over 27 THOUSAND hits! Way too much to wade through! But remember this is a LAWYER making the claim that there's no proof. Typical lawyering IMO. I just wanted to find a reputable document/study to ram up his nose is all!!! *wink*

Love

anne

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

Oh yes , I agree entirely. I actually Googled the term "Hepatitis C can lie dormant" and got over 27 THOUSAND hits! Way too much to wade through! But remember this is a LAWYER making the claim that there's no proof. Typical lawyering IMO. I just wanted to find a reputable document/study to ram up his nose is all!!! *wink*

Love

anne

I need a favour

Can anyone help??

Love

anne

Guest guest

Thank you Sally!

Love

anne

RE: I need a favour

If there's virus, there's virus. First she would show antibodies, but thatcan take 6 months or more, I believe. The lying dormant part is that thevirus is there, but the liver damage isn't happening, or is minimal.At least that's my understanding.Sally

Guest guest

Thank you Sally!

Love

anne

If there's virus, there's virus. First she would show antibodies, but thatcan take 6 months or more, I believe. The lying dormant part is that thevirus is there, but the liver damage isn't happening, or is minimal.At least that's my understanding.Sally

Guest guest

Thank you Sally!

Love

anne

Guest guest

Thank you Liz

Love

anne

Guest guest

Thank you Liz

Love

anne

Guest guest

Thank you Liz

Love

anne

Guest guest

So, what you're saying is that if she tested negative 3 months after the needle stick, she wasn't exposed to/doesn't have the virus? If that's the case, that's fabulous news for this lady.

Thank you!!!

Love

anne

anne hon

Hep C is an RNA virus and once you have gotten it, you will test positive,,and while it may lay dormant or not very active, it cannot lay dormant like HIV which is a DNA virus.but both of these virus will test pos if your body has gotten it, but may not be active and in the case of hep c, some ppl will clear the virus on their own.... If someone is negative at 6 months after exposure,, then they probably wont convert to pos... I have never heard of someone testing neg and then having it get active 15 years later,,they probably actually got infected later than they thought,,,, that doesnt make sense,, maybe Im not understand what you are saying,, I dont know,,

Guest guest

So, what you're saying is that if she tested negative 3 months after the needle stick, she wasn't exposed to/doesn't have the virus? If that's the case, that's fabulous news for this lady.

Thank you!!!

Love

anne

anne hon

Hep C is an RNA virus and once you have gotten it, you will test positive,,and while it may lay dormant or not very active, it cannot lay dormant like HIV which is a DNA virus.but both of these virus will test pos if your body has gotten it, but may not be active and in the case of hep c, some ppl will clear the virus on their own.... If someone is negative at 6 months after exposure,, then they probably wont convert to pos... I have never heard of someone testing neg and then having it get active 15 years later,,they probably actually got infected later than they thought,,,, that doesnt make sense,, maybe Im not understand what you are saying,, I dont know,,

Guest guest

Thank you!!!

Love

anne

anne hon

Guest guest

So do you think it would be a good idea for this lady to have a follow up test, in say, 6 months or 12 months in case the first one WAS a false negative?

anne

thats true liz, but I dont think anyone can be exposed, test negative and then 15 years have damage unless the either were infected AFTER that original test OR they had a false negative test,, but yes it does take years for the liver to be damaged,,