RemedySpot.com

/ sports beans and refueling (longish)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Wow, I'm HONORED that my weight loss inspiration, YOU, SARAH, are inspired by lil ole me! :)  I'm beaming at the moment, fyi :)))Sports beans are jelly beans made for cardio people so that runners, cyclists, etc can refuel before, during and after workouts with a little bit of substance,  carbs, electrolytes, potassium and salts which all get sweated out via running, cycling, etc.  I remember while teaching on an empty stomach getting very light headed and blood sugar deplete and breaking out in a bad sweat - I wish I would have had these then and the wherewithall to eat them to keep me going!  It's like 100 calories per pack of 10 jelly beans.  I ate 3 at a time at certain water breaks and traffic lights today and they did help a lot!  I ate 2 packs total for this run, 1 pack before running and one during/after running.

For running up to 5 miles I don't feel that a water belt or refueling is necessary, you can do that when you get back home.  But for anything longer it's very important to drink water, get your electrolytes, and refuel as needed along the way.  I burned around 1000 calories with this run so the 200 calories of jelly beans is minimal, really, and you need the energy.

I was introduced to sports beans at the Run for the River Run I think it was - they were freebies after the race.  Yum!  Yet I haven't been able to find them downtown anywhere!  Frustrating!  I wound up ordering a box of 30 packets for around $30 on Ebay.

The packets of GU (gelatinous substance) get sticky once opened and I'm worried that the gummy type electrolyte blocks will melt in my pack on a hot day, so the sports beans seem to be the best option for me.  Plus they just taste good! 

So there you have it.  More than you wanted to know about sports beans.

,  you are my fitness inspiration.  I so admire all the stuff you do.  You and my brother keep me going.  My brother is going to swim in Sharkfest at Alcatraz next month.  Sometimes when I don't want to work out,  I think of you running on your lunch hours and then I go do it anyways .  I just wish I could love it as much as you do.  You are awesome.

PS  What are sports beans?

in CA

To: exercisevideos From: pinkpussycat@...

Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 18:31:11 -0700Subject: Re: You know you're becoming a more serious runner when

Thanks, Vennitta!  And talk about IMPRESSIVE- 48 LBS??  I wish I could say the same thing.  You are just rocking it, and I may not always comment on your weeks in review but I always enjoy your comments.   Thank you and both for continuing to inspire in the weight loss department!  In addition to just loving running, I do want to keep up my 10 mile weekend runs throughout the year if possible so that I can burn off my intake a little more efficiently. 

Ultimately my goals is three 3 mile runs at lunch during the week and one 10 mile run on the weekend.  Hugs