RemedySpot.com

Seizures

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

I've seen good success with a ketogenic diet (calms the brain with yummy ketones), magnesium citrate (available as a pretty tasty powder mixed in water) to bowel tolerance, and Skullcap tincture. Fish oil obviously, but the other three are the heart of the protocol. I saw one patient, starting years post traumatic brain injury and on the highest levels of a million meds (her MDs had nothing else for her), go from several seizures daily to none on most days AND lower her Rx doses.

Orna Izakson ND, RH (AHG)Celilo Natural Health Centerwww.celilohealth.com v

I just started seeing a 2 year old male with seizures. At 6 months, parents noted limited use of left hand. They started OT and the practitioner wanted an MRI. They found evidence of a stroke that the subsequent referred neuro deemed an in-utero episode that created scar tissue. It is located in the motor cortex. He is also missing part of his brain (they were not sure which part or how much). Developmentally, he has speech issues and left arm and leg issues. Originally, the seizures were simply a shaking of the left hand.

In the last two months, his seizures have increased, with the last week post otitis media being especially bad. His meds have been ramped up--Keppra, clonazepam and now, Vimpat (which has no trials on children). Ironically, this all seemed to correlate with both the otitis and recent cessation of regular craniosacral therapy with his PT. His behavior is changing with the meds for the worse. Seizures are still happening in clusters of 6, 3 times daily. They are brief. He lifts his left arm, turns his head down to the right and his eyes either go upward or to the right.

I just started him on BTG, elimination of dairy, adding omega 3s and vitamin d, coconut oil and Bacopa. I am also doing craniosacral tx. Thanks for any input.

Guest guest

I've seen good success with a ketogenic diet (calms the brain with yummy ketones), magnesium citrate (available as a pretty tasty powder mixed in water) to bowel tolerance, and Skullcap tincture. Fish oil obviously, but the other three are the heart of the protocol. I saw one patient, starting years post traumatic brain injury and on the highest levels of a million meds (her MDs had nothing else for her), go from several seizures daily to none on most days AND lower her Rx doses.

Orna Izakson ND, RH (AHG)Celilo Natural Health Centerwww.celilohealth.com v

I just started seeing a 2 year old male with seizures. At 6 months, parents noted limited use of left hand. They started OT and the practitioner wanted an MRI. They found evidence of a stroke that the subsequent referred neuro deemed an in-utero episode that created scar tissue. It is located in the motor cortex. He is also missing part of his brain (they were not sure which part or how much). Developmentally, he has speech issues and left arm and leg issues. Originally, the seizures were simply a shaking of the left hand.

In the last two months, his seizures have increased, with the last week post otitis media being especially bad. His meds have been ramped up--Keppra, clonazepam and now, Vimpat (which has no trials on children). Ironically, this all seemed to correlate with both the otitis and recent cessation of regular craniosacral therapy with his PT. His behavior is changing with the meds for the worse. Seizures are still happening in clusters of 6, 3 times daily. They are brief. He lifts his left arm, turns his head down to the right and his eyes either go upward or to the right.

I just started him on BTG, elimination of dairy, adding omega 3s and vitamin d, coconut oil and Bacopa. I am also doing craniosacral tx. Thanks for any input.