RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: Glutathione

Rate this topic

Guest guest

According to our DAN, oral glutathion can cause yeast. We use transdermal.

-----Original Message-----From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ]On Behalf Of dwink2uSent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 11:33 AMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: Glutathione

Found this interesting. Can glutathione be taken in capsule formeffectively? Any recommendations on how much? Does it need to betaken/used w/Carnosine?Thanks again,Deb>> Hi Robin and others from Sue,> > The cut and paste below.. of 2 Carnosine links.. may be helpfulinfo regarding seizures ..as well as for helping other ASDbehaviors..as discussed in the double blind study below on Carnosine.> > (Many including myself and husband find the LW Carnosine boosterpatches that are sold with the Glutathione boosters..called Y-age..extremely effective for our spectrum conditions.. ) > (The link for that is www.lifewave.com/fundingASDresearch ..a nonprofit site that I manage for my son on the Spectrum.> Proceeds go to the Autism Research Insitute.> You'll now find Both non transdermal patches under OTHER productscalled Yage-- on the REVISED website.> When placed on specific meridians...the patches activate the body toproduce more glutathione or carnosine in these two cases.> Research on them is also found on the website.)> > (As you know...Glutathione is also highly beneficial for Spectrumdisorders (and for general health of all.). since it is a majorchelator of heavy metals, toxins as well as viral issues......andhelps normalize testosterone...often problematic in both girls andboys on the spectrum. =(precocious puberty)...and most of all.. helpsbuild immunity... My husband's early stage of Shingles.( herpesvirus)...went away after 2 days of wearing these patches..last Jan...I used to be sick a lot ..and am so much healthier now ...having wornthem for over a year.. some warts are disappearing..as well as brownspots..too..etc.> A doctors family members test scores went from 550 to 700 whilewearing the Glutathione patch for about 5 months......as well asothers have seen smoother and clearer skin..and increased immunity...which is the result of heavy metals chelated and increased anitoxidantactivities..since Glutathione has been called the MASTER antioxidant.etc... )> > GETTING BACK TO CARNOSINE--- Those wearing the LW non transdermalCarnosine patch... have also seen improvements in speech...and otherthings listed as in the summary of the studies below. > > Hope that helps,> Sue> > > L - C A R N O S I N E> > What is Carnosine?> The supplement that you are interested in learning more> about contains 200mg powdered carnosine, as well as powderedVitamin E (25IU) and powdered Zinc (2.5 mg). The exact dosage that iscorrect for your child should be established by your doctor incoordination with Dr. Chez, who pioneered the use of thissupplement in children with developmental delays. L-carnosine, or"carnosine" is an amino acid dipeptidemade up of histidine andalanine. The naturally-occurring amino acid is found> within the human body, a by-product of proteins digestedwithin the body. The deep frontal part of the brain (entorhinalcortex) is believed to be a site where carnosine tends to accumulate.It may interact with zinc in that area, as well as having effects onGABA, a brain neurotransmitter, which by a complex chemical reactionforms homo-carnosine.> > What Studies Have Been Done with Carnosine?> Rat and animal studies have been done with carnosine looking at > "neuroprotection." These investigations aimed to examineprotective > action since carnosine may be protective of muscle and nerve > function. There have been no studies that have shown anyevidence of toxicity or teratogenicity in animals where carnosine hasbeen studied. Few scientifically-validated human studies have beenconducted, however, and most of the information one finds aboutcarnosine's claims are of the quality found on the intenet. Claimshave been made for generic carnosine/carnosine formulations aiding incombating a range of maladies from Alzheimer's to body building.> > Why Carnosine, then?> Recent MRI studies by Petroff and colleagues (2001) examininglevels of brain chemistry showed a relationship between homo-carnosineand GABA in temporal lobe and generalized myoclonic epilepsies. Theseauthors described homo-carnosine levels that may correlate withseizure control even when GABA response is defective in human studies.Dr. Chez was intrigued by the results of this study, and thus began astudy in June, 2001 that aimed to test if supplementing carnosineorally could enhance seizure protection in children> who were already on anticonvulsants and who had recurrentseizures despite being on standard drug therapy. He hypothesized thatthe addition of carnosine could decrease seizure frequency and sobegan an open-label study of carnosine which he acquired via anindustrial chemical company.> > The Open-Label Study> A total of 75 children, who had "failed" multiple> antiepilepticmedications in an effort to stop their seizures(including> steroids and the Ketogenic diet) with histories of partial or> generalized epilepsy entered the open-label study. Themajority had> fronto-temporal lobe seizures, or generalized epilepsy.Approximately 25% had EEGs to directly compare before and afterstarting the carnosine. Many patients had reductions in seizurefrequency, but without EEG correlation. Two sisters withhypsarrythmia/Lennox-Gastaut variant both showed dramatic improvementsin EEG amplitude, spike frequency, and background activity. In> three other patients with primary or secondary generalizedspike and wave patterns or Lennox-Gastaut type patterns, EEG amplitudeand spike frequency improved with carnosine in dosages of 800-2,000mg. per day. Dosage was titrated upward depending upon bodyweight. Noside effects were reported.Unexpectedly, parental diaries showed apattern of comments related to gains in cognitive domains includinglanguage, alertness, energy levels, and even gross motor ability. Dr.Chez was motivated by such reports in addition to comments from otherprofessionals that worked simultaneously with the children (e.g.,speech therapists) who, unaware that children were> on the new supplement, spontaneously stated that individualchildren were showing incremental gains not previously seen.Expressive language was described as more fluent, eye contact morefrequent, and interest in the environment was more prominent. Dr. Chezthought that this supplement could be of benefit to children withautism or PDD and so began to give it to children with such diagnosesin an open-label trial. Indeed, parents reported benefits in theirchildren after as few as 2 weeks, in the areas of socialization,expressive language, alertness level, energy level, adaptation tochange, and curiously, gross motor planning. > > The Double-Blind Study> Because of the remarkable cognitive improvements in language,speech production and school performance as well as social alertness,Dr. Chez felt it important to study the effect of the supplement inchildren with Autistic Spectrum Disorders. Children were included inthis study if they had histories of abnormal EEG, and had previouslyresponded to cognitive-enhancing dementia medications (as part of acontrolled study at the office) or to anti-convulsants. A double-blindplacebo controlled stud with carnosine was begun. Children wererandomly placed on either active> carnosine or placebo.Expressive and receptive languagemeasures, two autism rating scales, and parent rating analog scaleswere administered at the start and completion of the study. Results ofthis study indicated clinically meaningful changes in many aspects ofautistic features, and also showed that the carnosine supplementimproved children's expressive and receptive language significantly.This is the only dietary supplement to date studied in a double-blindfashion in autism.> > Who Benefits and What are the Side Effects?> The majority of children with either epilepsy or autismtreated in open label studies by Dr. Chez benefited from carnosinesupplementation. Dr. Chez estimates that approximately 10% of childrenwho have been on the carnosine supplement have had reports of noimprovement. A very small percentage (less than 5% of children withepilepsy or autistic spectrum disorders) have shown increased physicalhyperactivity or verbal hyperactivity, but we are unable to> ascertain if these reports are directly related to thecarnosine supplement. No sleep disturbances were reported as a resultof carnosine therapy even in dosages up to 3,000 mg. a day. Noabdominal side effects, skin rashes, or any changes in anticonvulsantblood levels, liver functions or hematological studies. No patientshad any urinary changes or bowel habit changes from the> carnosine.Many children on the autistic spectrum were reported to> increase their range of food choices with an improved range of> appetite.Responses have been seen in generalized epilepsies, focal> seizure disorders, autism, PDD, and head injury to date.Because of its effect on entorhinal cortex, improvements inAlzheimer's disease or other frontal lobe encephalopathy may bepossible. Any syndrome that involves apraxia or expressive languagedelay may benefit from this. Concurrent studies are currently beingrun or planned in areas of attention disorder, Tourette's syndrome,and various learning disability syndromes of the nonverbal type.> > > > > PS...ANOTHER WONDERFUL comprehesive link (27 pages )for the muti-use's of carnosine is > http://www.ethosplan.com/l-carnosine-information.asp> or> http://tinyurl.com/22ufmd > > Table 1. Carnosine as complementary therapy > (Disorder/disease and year of commence)> > 1. Arthritis (polyarthritis)> 1935> > 2. Gastric and duodenal ulcers> 1936> > 3. Wound healing> 1940> > 4. Hypertension (blood pressure)> 1941> > 5. Antibiotic effect> 1969> > 6. Adrenal cortex effect> 1976> > 7. Alleviation of sleep > 1977> > 8. Treatment of trauma> 1980 > > 9. Prevention of seizures> 1989> > 10. Coronary heart disease> 1989> > 11. Anti-inflammatory effect> 1971, 1986> > 12. Cataracts> 1989> > 13. Anti-carcinogenic effect> 1989> > 14. Immunologic effects> 1986,1989> > 15. Prevention of radiation damage> 1990 > > 16. ADHD, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, epilepsy, otherneurological & psychiatric 2001 > > Summary: dramatical effect in Autistic Spectrum Disorders> protects brain cells from excitotoxicity > protects brain proteins (proteasomes) and biochemistry > preserves brain biochemical functions > functions as neurotransmitter> safeguards brain chemistry in disorders overproducing free radicals > rejuvenates senescent human cells in culture> increases cell life span > restores youthful appearance and growth patterns to cellsapproaching senescence > protects against metal toxicity > chelates copper and zinc > naturally protects against copper-zinc toxicity in the brain > copper-zinc chelators dissolve Alzheimer's disease plaques > inhibits cross-linking of amyloid-beta into Alzheimer's disease plaques > > Carnosine - references > > Re: Valtrex and yeast +adrenal problems > > Posted by: "" Ladyshrink111@... ladyshrink222 > Thu Aug 9, 2007 4:31 am (PST) > I do know other people whose children exhibited seizures with anyviral treatment, Virastop included. IMO, get an eeg and get him onsome anticonvulsants. Repeated seizures, even the ones you can't see,are damaging.> > > Valtrex and yeast +adrenal problems> > Hello group: 2 moths ago I started valtrex with my 13yo son, he had > subclinical seizures in the past, which I controlled with diet. When > I started valtrex (250mg 1xday at first,)He started to show seizure > actitvity, his eyes where doing the "movements" that I know means > subclinical seizures, he showed a mild rush in his face, under the > mouth(chin), He took Nizoral 2 weeks before and during the Valtrex > treatment plus B-12 shots. Recently he shows in OAT (great plains) > high markers for yeast, also I found out he has adrenal problems, so > he started taking Cortef (1/4 pill of 15mg/day)and adrenal cortex. I > stop the valtrex and our DAN Dr. started him on Nystatin, (2000 > units/day), My questions are, > 1. When is he gona be able to re-start the valtrex treatment? > 2. Does the yeast means he has viral load?(he shows High adenosine) > 3. Can I do all this treatments at the same time? > I know valtrex side effects is seizures,> 4. but How can I know when is to much and when to stop?> He is having bad die-off reaction from the Nystatin (even more then > with Nizoral)Stan? Anyone please?> Thanks a lot!> Have a good day.> .> > > Back to top > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post>

Guest guest

It depends on the child. For us it has been GREAT, one of our top 5 interventions I'd say. Big gains every time etcNatasaReply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:39:07 -0500 (EST)To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Glutathione

I thinks its dreadful stuff and should not be used, expensive, irritating to skin for many and you raise glutathione by giving precursors not by trying to give the end product, or a round of DMSA chelation which has been shown to normalise GSH (except you need more than one round as you know) JMHO Mandi x

Hi,Has anyone got any experience of sensory overload when using Glutathione cream. How did you manage it.Our DS is having issues with sight sound touch and smell. All completely out of wack when using it. Thanks &

Guest guest

It depends on the child. For us it has been GREAT, one of our top 5 interventions I'd say. Big gains every time etcNatasaReply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:39:07 -0500 (EST)To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Glutathione

I thinks its dreadful stuff and should not be used, expensive, irritating to skin for many and you raise glutathione by giving precursors not by trying to give the end product, or a round of DMSA chelation which has been shown to normalise GSH (except you need more than one round as you know) JMHO Mandi x

Hi,Has anyone got any experience of sensory overload when using Glutathione cream. How did you manage it.Our DS is having issues with sight sound touch and smell. All completely out of wack when using it. Thanks &

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm impressed, does he do well on a high sulphur diet?

Mandi

It depends on the child. For us it has been GREAT, one of our top 5 interventions I'd say. Big gains every time etc

Natasa

Reply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:39:07 -0500 (EST)To: "Autism-Biome dical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Glutathione

I thinks its dreadful stuff and should not be used, expensive, irritating to skin for many and you raise glutathione by giving precursors not by trying to give the end product, or a round of DMSA chelation which has been shown to normalise GSH (except you need more than one round as you know)

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi

It depends on the child. For us it has been GREAT, one of our top 5 interventions I'd say. Big gains every time etc

Natasa

Reply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:39:07 -0500 (EST)To: "Autism-Biome dical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Glutathione

I thinks its dreadful stuff and should not be used, expensive, irritating to skin for many and you raise glutathione by giving precursors not by trying to give the end product, or a round of DMSA chelation which has been shown to normalise GSH (except you need more than one round as you know)

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

Not sure. What would be high sulphur diet?Reply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 05:32:05 -0500 (EST)To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Glutathione

I'm impressed, does he do well on a high sulphur diet? Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

Not sure. What would be high sulphur diet?Reply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 05:32:05 -0500 (EST)To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Glutathione

I'm impressed, does he do well on a high sulphur diet? Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

artichokes, Jerusalem but not French

asparagus

bakery products containing whey, cysteine, eggs or enzymes

bean curd/tofu milk

bean sprouts

beans of all sorts

bok choy

broccoli

brussels sprouts

cabbage

carob

cauliflower

cheese of all sorts

chives

chocolate

coffee

collard greens

cream

daikon

dairy products

eggs

garlic

green beans

greens

horseradish

jicama

kale

leeks

lentils of all sorts

milk from any animal

miso soup

onions

papaya (slightly)

peas

peanuts

pineapple (slightly)

radishes

rutabaga

sauerkraut

shallots

sour cream

soy cheese

soy milk

spinach

split peas

tempeh

tofu

turnip

turmeric (though not high in thiols, it is really good at raising thiol levels)

whey

yeast extract

Also,

Watch out for foods that have garlic and onion powders added e.g. processed meats like hot dogs.

Meat is also high in sulfur, but most people tolerate it well due to low thiol level and it depends upon how sensitive you are. If you need to limit meat, then you would also need to supplement amino acids, especially glutamine. This also helps to heal the gut lining.

Not sure. What would be high sulphur diet?

Reply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 05:32:05 -0500 (EST)To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Glutathione

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

asparagus

bean curd/tofu milk

bean sprouts

beans of all sorts

bok choy

broccoli

brussels sprouts

cabbage

carob

cauliflower

cheese of all sorts

chives

chocolate

coffee

collard greens

cream

daikon

dairy products

eggs

garlic

green beans

greens

horseradish

jicama

kale

leeks

lentils of all sorts

milk from any animal

miso soup

onions

papaya (slightly)

peas

peanuts

pineapple (slightly)

radishes

rutabaga

sauerkraut

shallots

sour cream

soy cheese

soy milk

spinach

split peas

tempeh

tofu

turnip

whey

yeast extract

Also,

Watch out for foods that have garlic and onion powders added e.g. processed meats like hot dogs.

Meat is also high in sulfur, but most people tolerate it well due to low thiol level and it depends upon how sensitive you are. If you need to limit meat, then you would also need to supplement amino acids, especially glutamine. This also helps to heal the gut lining.

Reply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 05:32:05 -0500 (EST)To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Glutathione

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

asparagus

bean curd/tofu milk

bean sprouts

beans of all sorts

bok choy

broccoli

brussels sprouts

cabbage

carob

cauliflower

cheese of all sorts

chives

chocolate

coffee

collard greens

cream

daikon

dairy products

eggs

garlic

green beans

greens

horseradish

jicama

kale

leeks

lentils of all sorts

milk from any animal

miso soup

onions

papaya (slightly)

peas

peanuts

pineapple (slightly)

radishes

rutabaga

sauerkraut

shallots

sour cream

soy cheese

soy milk

spinach

split peas

tempeh

tofu

turnip

whey

yeast extract

Also,

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

Thanks! Some of those are his staple, like meat, eggs, beans, eats a lot of broccoli and cauliflower… But some of those he dislikes and doesn't eat at all. So I guess answer is (a tentative) yes he does ok on high sulphur foods.Reply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:43:59 -0500 (EST)To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Glutathione

asparagus

bean curd/tofu milk

bean sprouts

beans of all sorts

bok choy

broccoli

brussels sprouts

cabbage

carob

cauliflower

cheese of all sorts

chives

chocolate

coffee

collard greens

cream

daikon

dairy products

eggs

garlic

green beans

greens

horseradish

jicama

kale

leeks

lentils of all sorts

milk from any animal

miso soup

onions

papaya (slightly)

peas

peanuts

pineapple (slightly)

radishes

rutabaga

sauerkraut

shallots

sour cream

soy cheese

soy milk

spinach

split peas

tempeh

tofu

turnip

whey

yeast extractAlso,

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

Thanks! Some of those are his staple, like meat, eggs, beans, eats a lot of broccoli and cauliflower… But some of those he dislikes and doesn't eat at all. So I guess answer is (a tentative) yes he does ok on high sulphur foods.Reply-To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:43:59 -0500 (EST)To: "Autism-Biomedical-Europe " <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >Subject: Re: Glutathione

asparagus

bean curd/tofu milk

bean sprouts

beans of all sorts

bok choy

broccoli

brussels sprouts

cabbage

carob

cauliflower

cheese of all sorts

chives

chocolate

coffee

collard greens

cream

daikon

dairy products

eggs

garlic

green beans

greens

horseradish

jicama

kale

leeks

lentils of all sorts

milk from any animal

miso soup

onions

papaya (slightly)

peas

peanuts

pineapple (slightly)

radishes

rutabaga

sauerkraut

shallots

sour cream

soy cheese

soy milk

spinach

split peas

tempeh

tofu

turnip

whey

yeast extractAlso,

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

asparagus

bean curd/tofu milk

bean sprouts

beans of all sorts

bok choy

broccoli

brussels sprouts

cabbage

carob

cauliflower

cheese of all sorts

chives

chocolate

coffee

collard greens

cream

daikon

dairy products

eggs

garlic

green beans

greens

horseradish

jicama

kale

leeks

lentils of all sorts

milk from any animal

miso soup

onions

papaya (slightly)

peas

peanuts

pineapple (slightly)

radishes

rutabaga

sauerkraut

shallots

sour cream

soy cheese

soy milk

spinach

split peas

tempeh

tofu

turnip

whey

yeast extractAlso,

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

is this list a good to eat list or stay away from list????? Kara To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:43 AM Subject: Re: Glutathione

asparagus

bean curd/tofu milk

bean sprouts

beans of all sorts

bok choy

broccoli

brussels sprouts

cabbage

carob

cauliflower

cheese of all sorts

chives

chocolate

coffee

collard greens

cream

daikon

dairy products

eggs

garlic

green beans

greens

horseradish

jicama

kale

leeks

lentils of all sorts

milk from any animal

miso soup

onions

papaya (slightly)

peas

peanuts

pineapple (slightly)

radishes

rutabaga

sauerkraut

shallots

sour cream

soy cheese

soy milk

spinach

split peas

tempeh

tofu

turnip

whey

yeast extract

Also,

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

is this list a good to eat list or stay away from list????? Kara To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:43 AM Subject: Re: Glutathione

asparagus

bean curd/tofu milk

bean sprouts

beans of all sorts

bok choy

broccoli

brussels sprouts

cabbage

carob

cauliflower

cheese of all sorts

chives

chocolate

coffee

collard greens

cream

daikon

dairy products

eggs

garlic

green beans

greens

horseradish

jicama

kale

leeks

lentils of all sorts

milk from any animal

miso soup

onions

papaya (slightly)

peas

peanuts

pineapple (slightly)

radishes

rutabaga

sauerkraut

shallots

sour cream

soy cheese

soy milk

spinach

split peas

tempeh

tofu

turnip

whey

yeast extract

Also,

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

This is a list of high sulphur foods, some of our kids do very well on them others do not, not something to worry about if you are new :) I wouldn't want to be without those foods perspnally!

Mandi x

is this list a good to eat list or stay away from list????? Kara

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:43 AMSubject: Re: Glutathione

artichokes, Jerusalem but not French asparagus bakery products containing whey, cysteine, eggs or enzymes bean curd/tofu milk bean sprouts beans of all sorts bok choy broccoli brussels sprouts cabbage carob cauliflower cheese of all sorts chives chocolate coffee collard greens cream daikon dairy products eggs garlic green beans greens horseradish jicama kale leeks lentils of all sorts milk from any animal miso soup onions papaya (slightly) peas peanuts pineapple (slightly) radishes rutabaga sauerkraut shallots sour cream soy cheese soy milk spinach split peas tempeh tofu turnip turmeric (though not high in thiols, it is really good at raising thiol levels) whey yeast extract

Also,

Watch out for foods that have garlic and onion powders added e.g. processed meats like hot dogs. Meat is also high in sulfur, but most people tolerate it well due to low thiol level and it depends upon how sensitive you are. If you need to limit meat, then you would also need to supplement amino acids, especially glutamine. This also helps to heal the gut lining.

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

This is a list of high sulphur foods, some of our kids do very well on them others do not, not something to worry about if you are new :) I wouldn't want to be without those foods perspnally!

Mandi x

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:43 AMSubject: Re: Glutathione

artichokes, Jerusalem but not French asparagus bakery products containing whey, cysteine, eggs or enzymes bean curd/tofu milk bean sprouts beans of all sorts bok choy broccoli brussels sprouts cabbage carob cauliflower cheese of all sorts chives chocolate coffee collard greens cream daikon dairy products eggs garlic green beans greens horseradish jicama kale leeks lentils of all sorts milk from any animal miso soup onions papaya (slightly) peas peanuts pineapple (slightly) radishes rutabaga sauerkraut shallots sour cream soy cheese soy milk spinach split peas tempeh tofu turnip turmeric (though not high in thiols, it is really good at raising thiol levels) whey yeast extract

Also,

Watch out for foods that have garlic and onion powders added e.g. processed meats like hot dogs. Meat is also high in sulfur, but most people tolerate it well due to low thiol level and it depends upon how sensitive you are. If you need to limit meat, then you would also need to supplement amino acids, especially glutamine. This also helps to heal the gut lining.

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi x

Also,

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

DO you know how you measure glutathione? we have a few blood plasma measurements of derivatives but dont know if they are relevant..

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: Mum231ASD@...Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 13:39:55 -0500Subject: Re: Glutathione

Mandi x

Also,

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

DO you know how you measure glutathione? we have a few blood plasma measurements of derivatives but dont know if they are relevant..

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: Mum231ASD@...Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 13:39:55 -0500Subject: Re: Glutathione

Mandi x

Also,

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x

Guest guest

Mandi x

Also,

Mandi

Natasa

JMHO

Mandi x