RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lynn,

My daughter just got her 2nd cat on this past Wed and they gave her Versed for the 1st time (last time she didnt care if they took her away from me). She was fine until the ride home. She threw up twice later that night on the way home and once we got home. I cant say if it was the Versed for sure of just the long day and the anesthesia. She was fine for the most part though.

Good Luck!

Melinda

Mommy of Marlycia 1 yr, Natalya 2yrs

Scranton, PA

Question

Hi everyone

Peyton is going in for his 5th cast on Monday and he is always extrememly fussy before going in. I mean actually screaming, whining etc. but as many of you may remember he is a cryer to begin with. Anyway my question is regarding pre anesthetic drugs. The nurses always try to talk my husband and I into giving Peyton these drugs before he is put to sleep to calm him down but I have heard awful things about them. I have heard that kids sometimes have convulsions afterwards and that they are almost always sick with actual vomitting. Is this true? Does anyone have any experience with this. The nurse also said that it has an amnesia affect and it helps the child to forget the seperation when he goes in the OR.

Lynn

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

Guest guest

Lynn,

My daughter just got her 2nd cat on this past Wed and they gave her Versed for the 1st time (last time she didnt care if they took her away from me). She was fine until the ride home. She threw up twice later that night on the way home and once we got home. I cant say if it was the Versed for sure of just the long day and the anesthesia. She was fine for the most part though.

Good Luck!

Melinda

Mommy of Marlycia 1 yr, Natalya 2yrs

Scranton, PA

Question

Hi everyone

Peyton is going in for his 5th cast on Monday and he is always extrememly fussy before going in. I mean actually screaming, whining etc. but as many of you may remember he is a cryer to begin with. Anyway my question is regarding pre anesthetic drugs. The nurses always try to talk my husband and I into giving Peyton these drugs before he is put to sleep to calm him down but I have heard awful things about them. I have heard that kids sometimes have convulsions afterwards and that they are almost always sick with actual vomitting. Is this true? Does anyone have any experience with this. The nurse also said that it has an amnesia affect and it helps the child to forget the seperation when he goes in the OR.

Lynn

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

Guest guest

I think you should, at least once, just to see how he acts, and it may make it much easier for everyone. Joanmom to Hayden 343 degrees down from 62Cast number 3Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Fri, February 5, 2010 4:54:22 PMSubject: Re: Question

Thanks everyone, I think I might try to persuade my husband to allow him to give it a try. Anything is better than a screaming toddler for the 2 hour wait time.

Lynn

From: Melinda Lee <mindylee1verizon (DOT) net>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] QuestionTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comReceived: Friday, February 5, 2010, 11:42 AM

Joan and Lynn,

I agree it makes it much easier on them being taken away from the parent but it didnt make Marly any less calm when she got out. She was still hysterical afterwards for almost two hours. Every child is different. Lynn, what you can be sure of is that it will work to calm him when they are taking him away.

[infantile_scoliosi s] Question

Hi everyone

Lynn

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Guest guest

I think you should, at least once, just to see how he acts, and it may make it much easier for everyone. Joanmom to Hayden 343 degrees down from 62Cast number 3Treated at ish Rite Hospital Dallas, TX

To: infantile_scoliosis Sent: Fri, February 5, 2010 4:54:22 PMSubject: Re: Question

Thanks everyone, I think I might try to persuade my husband to allow him to give it a try. Anything is better than a screaming toddler for the 2 hour wait time.

Lynn

From: Melinda Lee <mindylee1verizon (DOT) net>Subject: Re: [infantile_scoliosi s] QuestionTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comReceived: Friday, February 5, 2010, 11:42 AM

Joan and Lynn,

I agree it makes it much easier on them being taken away from the parent but it didnt make Marly any less calm when she got out. She was still hysterical afterwards for almost two hours. Every child is different. Lynn, what you can be sure of is that it will work to calm him when they are taking him away.

[infantile_scoliosi s] Question

Hi everyone

Lynn

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Guest guest

I don't know what anyone else has told you, but always takes something before he goes into the prep-room even. It is just an oral medication and it helps a lot. We have never had any screaming when he leaves and it really helps my husband and I let go when he goes without fussing at all. Now, I also don't want to give you false hope. never really cries throughout the whole process. Since the first one was put on he just takes the meds, gets the cast, and wakes up relatively fine afterwards. I am always amazed with how well he does.Beth RettingerMother of In

Third Cast From SLCSubject: QuestionTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Friday, February 5, 2010, 12:06 PM

Hi everyone

Lynn

Guest guest

Hi Lynn,

I asked this very same question over a year ago. I know of only one mom who said her child had an adverse reaction to it. The other moms who responded to me at that time had all positive things to say. If you look it up online, it's very reassuring. If Noelle had pre-op issues, I would feel comfortable now in giving it to her. I hope other parents will chime in on this and correct me if I;m wrong. Good luck - Noelle's mommy, 3 years oldRochester NYCasted 8 times for 1 1/2 years and in first brace!reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos III

Subject: QuestionTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Friday, February 5, 2010, 5:06 PM

Hi everyone

Lynn

Guest guest

Hi Lynn,

I asked this very same question over a year ago. I know of only one mom who said her child had an adverse reaction to it. The other moms who responded to me at that time had all positive things to say. If you look it up online, it's very reassuring. If Noelle had pre-op issues, I would feel comfortable now in giving it to her. I hope other parents will chime in on this and correct me if I;m wrong. Good luck - Noelle's mommy, 3 years oldRochester NYCasted 8 times for 1 1/2 years and in first brace!reflux, mild plagiocephaly, mild torticollos, hypotonia, ligament laxity, suspected Ehler's Danlos III

Subject: QuestionTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Friday, February 5, 2010, 5:06 PM

Hi everyone

Lynn

Guest guest

Hi Lynn,

Hi everyone

Lynn

Guest guest

I've only let them give Isabella those drugs once because they while they did calm her down, when they went to take her from me, she started crying all over again so I figured it's not worth it and have said no every other time. Patty, mom of Isabella, 2 years old, in 4th cast (Rochester) & mom to & EvanTo:

infantile_scoliosis Sent: Fri, February 5, 2010 12:06:00 PMSubject: Question

Hi everyone

Lynn