RemedySpot.com

Re: ouch

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

<While I understand and appreciate the frustration and angry that so many feel around the lack of insurance companies covering this, and the annual income guidelines that these programs and grants use, I gotta say I have very little pity for those of you who are making 40K a year or more and are complaining about having to pay for this.

Truly, I make under 20K and if I made 40K or more.. I'd be MORE than happy to pay 5K for a completely new face, new amount of hope, a new way of feeling about myself every day when I leave my house. Granted, it is alot, but when you make 60K or so. it's nothing Some of us here on disablility are going without full dinners nightly. .so.. excuse me if I don't feel all of your pain.>

well i hope this doesn't ignite another moral debate like the last one we had about "blame", crystal meth and "irresponsible" sexual behaviour. while the writer added some very useful practical info at the beginning of his post, the little jab at the end about people who make more money than him pushed my buttons. let me just say that i have been at both ends of the spectrum. generally i find it is unwise to make broad generalized moral judgements about just about anything. 20 thou might get you along just fine in Wichita but in cities like San Francisco, where i live or New York, if you don't make at least 40-60 thousand/year you will have 6 roommates and live in a dump. i have to make sure i don't make more than 37 thousand/year so that i qualify for ADAP. that about pays the bills and rent and doesn't leave much for saving for the inevitable bad times. i cannot survive on SSDI and my precarious health pretty much precludes me from working more than part time.

so while i aplaud for his success in getting his treatment, i would not like to see us awarding sympathy, empathy and support based on level of income. in this world where money is quickly becoming the measuring rod of everything, lets preserve the value of these human gifts to be given freely and without judgement.

Don (jumping off his pulpit)