Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: New Member

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear ,

Welcome to our

group. You will find the advice, sympathy and help you need right here. By the

way we write about just about everything.

Anne

--

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.4/375 - Release Date: 25/06/2006

--

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.9.4/375 - Release Date: 25/06/2006

Guest guest

>

I am still amazed from what we know now that any of these drugs

> are still on the market. Oh well, buyer beware I guess?

I'm amazed at the ease with which shrinks prescribe them. I was

prescribed Lexapro and I asked about side effects and she said

" nothing, maybe a little upset stomach. " She forgot to mention SD,

tinitus, diarrhea, headaches, and emotional deadness.

Guest guest

>

Guest guest

>

Guest guest

I heard very similar from my doc, i was just told the worst I would experience was an upset stomach but that it would settle down in a day or two. Actually it didn't I've had undiagnosed stomach problems for almost 3 years now.

Re: New member

>I am still amazed from what we know now that any of these drugs > are still on the market. Oh well, buyer beware I guess? I'm amazed at the ease with which shrinks prescribe them. I wasprescribed Lexapro and I asked about side effects and she said"nothing, maybe a little upset stomach." She forgot to mention SD,tinitus, diarrhea, headaches, and emotional deadness.

Guest guest

I heard very similar from my doc, i was just told the worst I would experience was an upset stomach but that it would settle down in a day or two. Actually it didn't I've had undiagnosed stomach problems for almost 3 years now.

>I am still amazed from what we know now that any of these drugs > are still on the market. Oh well, buyer beware I guess? I'm amazed at the ease with which shrinks prescribe them. I wasprescribed Lexapro and I asked about side effects and she said"nothing, maybe a little upset stomach." She forgot to mention SD,tinitus, diarrhea, headaches, and emotional deadness.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Kristie,

Welcome to the group and welcome to the 'other side'.

Libby

Recent Activity

New Members

New Photos

New Files

Visit Your Group

Guest guest

Hi Kristie I can not tell a lie it was I. I will send you an invite to

join our Central Coast group as well. Just experiment with your food

with the consistency what alot of us have done is add extra gravy to the

food served to the family and blended it down to a consistency that we

are able to eat.

Mazz

k_k_2607 wrote:

>

> Hi everyone,

>

> I am new to this messageboard and newly banded too so everything is

> REALLY new to me. I am from the Central Coast and was banded on 20

> September by Dr Bill Munro. I think I may have seen Mazz at an

> information seminar conducted by him - was it you??

>

> I am up to the purees stage and have struggled quite alot. Any

> suggestions anyone can give would be much appreciated? I'd love to hear

> any stories that members have too

>

> Talk to you soon

> Kristie

>

>

Guest guest

welcome all new dragon fighters....pat

Hi Everybody,My name is Tina. Just joined today and been reading some of your posts...seems as if ya'll know your stuff. I was diagnosed in Dec of 2006....been going back and forth about doing tx or not. Recently lost my job....so I'm kind of at a standstill without any insurance. Any info you could offer me about tx or assistance would be greatly appreciated. And thanks for having me. Looking forward to meeting you and making some new friends.Oh and BTW I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.Have a great day!!Tina

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 1/6/2008 11:57 AM

Guest guest

Hi Tina, Welcome: Like you I just joined myself. I was also diagnosed recently. About 6 months ago. I also just lost a job and now I am without insurance. Everyone here is extremly helpful, and I am glad to have found this group. >> Hi Everybody,> > My name is Tina. Just joined today and been reading some of your > posts...seems as if ya'll know your stuff. I was diagnosed in Dec of > 2006....been going back and forth about doing tx or not. Recently lost > my job....so I'm kind of at a standstill without any insurance. Any > info you could offer me about tx or assistance would be greatly > appreciated. And thanks for having me. Looking forward to meeting you > and making some new friends.Oh and BTW I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth > area.> > Have a great day!!> > Tina>

Guest guest

Hi

Tina, I’m . Glad to have you. If no one else posts it while I’m

at work, I’ll repost the info on patient assistance programs when I get

home. I’ll also give my opinion on to treat or not to treat.

I

think the Texans are our majority now.

Hi Everybody,

My name is Tina. Just joined today and been reading some of your

posts...seems as if ya'll know your stuff. I was diagnosed in Dec of

2006....been going back and forth about doing tx or not. Recently lost

my job....so I'm kind of at a standstill without any insurance. Any

info you could offer me about tx or assistance would be greatly

appreciated. And thanks for having me. Looking forward to meeting you

and making some new friends.Oh and BTW I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth

area.

Have a great day!!

Tina

Guest guest

hi tina welcome to family everyone is very wonderful here got to love them

JR

Re: New Member

Hi Tina, Welcome: Like you I just joined myself. I was also diagnosed recently. About 6 months ago. I also just lost a job and now I am without insurance. Everyone here is extremly helpful, and I am glad to have found this group. >> Hi Everybody,> > My name is Tina. Just joined today and been reading some of your > posts...seems as if ya'll know your stuff. I was diagnosed in Dec of > 2006....been going back and forth about doing tx or not. Recently lost > my job....so I'm kind of at a standstill without any insurance. Any > info you could offer me about tx or assistance would be greatly > appreciated. And thanks for having me. Looking forward to meeting you > and making

some new friends.Oh and BTW I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth > area.> > Have a great day!!> > Tina>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi,

Lee, welcome to our family. I’m glad you’re feeling great and

doing well post transplant. We have members here in all stages from newly

diagnosed to ESLD & pre & post tp. We love & support each other

thru whatever is going on.

50 in GA

geno 1,

successful tx in 2004

Hi this is my first day

w/all of you - have had hep c for 35 years and

19 mos out of liver transplant - feeling great but cant start any txt

till it rears its ugly head again....what steps r any of u doing to

help us all along thanks Lee

Guest guest

Welcome, Betty. I'm glad you have such a good friend to tell you about this group. Hugs, VickieG

I'm new to the group so I thought I would give you a little back ground.I just started treatment 2 months ago, geno 1 stage 1. I have beendoing pretty good so far. I get pains in my thighs and hips and gettiered easy but overall I have been feeling pretty good. I came clearafter 4 weeks I am very happy about that. I lost my husband in May 2006from HVC. That was very rough and it play a major part in me gettingtested and then starting treatment. I am glad a friend that just finishtreatment turned me on to this group. Thanks for being here.

Guest guest

so sorry about your husband. May I ask how old you are? I lost my husband when he was 58 to cancer. it is hell I still miss him. and its been 12 years

Guest guest

Hi Betty I am D. I am geno type 2 and start treatment next month. I am glad to hear that you are doing the treatment and trying to get healthy. I am sorry to hear that you lost your husband to this terrible illness. But know that he is there watching over you and played a part in you already being clear. We are all hear for you to listen and what ever else you need. Betty wrote: I'm new to the group so I thought I would give you a little back ground.I just started treatment 2 months ago, geno

1 stage 1. I have beendoing pretty good so far. I get pains in my thighs and hips and gettiered easy but overall I have been feeling pretty good. I came clearafter 4 weeks I am very happy about that. I lost my husband in May 2006from HVC. That was very rough and it play a major part in me gettingtested and then starting treatment. I am glad a friend that just finishtreatment turned me on to this group. Thanks for being here.

Guest guest

Hi Betty,

Nice to meet you; I am very sorry to hear about your loss. You've come to the right place! Everyone here is great, and will make you feel right at home.

FEM

Guest guest

Betty ~~ You're just a little bit ahead of me it would appear. I started tx on January 4th. Let's do this deal together! It's nice to know that others are going through similar things that you might. The main thing that I have had to deal with to date is the nausea. Now I just stay on the medications -- Zofran and Phenergan -- every day. Otherwise I just don't feel good. Anyway welcome to the group...you'll love us in no time and vise versa. Blessings, Betty wrote: I'm new to the group so I thought I would give you a little back ground.I just started treatment 2 months ago, geno 1 stage 1. I have beendoing pretty good so far. I get pains in my thighs and hips and gettiered easy but overall I have been feeling pretty good. I came clearafter 4 weeks I am very happy about that. I lost my husband in May 2006from HVC. That was very rough and it play a major part in me gettingtested and then starting treatment. I am glad a friend that just finishtreatment turned me on to this group. Thanks for being

here.

Guest guest

(((()))) and welcome to the group. I am so sorry to hear that you have had so many problems but it sounds like it got straightened out for your good. You Go, !!!!!! I'm Vickie G, genotype 1b and currently in treatment for the first time. Week 37. I pray that this time will be a charm for you and you will clear without problems. Hugs, VickieG

Hi. My name is Matchinsky, from Des Moines IA USA. I haveHep C, and genotype 1A and have gone through 2 treatments withPegIntron. Actually, call that 1 and ½. My insurance company stoppedthe second treatment before it was complete. Their argument has beenthat 72 weeks of treatment is "investigational and experimental. " Mydoctor's argument is that I've already relapsed after 48 weeks, twice,and anything less than 72 weeks would be futile. I am a quickresponder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ . I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react

strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read.The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle.It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a HCV Anonymous group, butit isn't very active. http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/HCVA

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Hi , Welcome to the family. We're a loving but slightly crazy bunch covering the spectrum from newly diagnosed to post-transplant. I'm SuZie, 57, swf living in the GWN(Great White North, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada) with my roomie, pest control officer & boss, SpYke the Galactic Overlord in Training (aka cat) You may hear more of him later. I was dx'd HCV+ in 1991, tx'd twice but did not respond & when I was going to try a third time my docs discovered my cirrhosis had "decompensated" & wouldn't let me do it. Last Sept they found a "lesion" on an MRI of my liver & jumped to the conclusion it was cancer. Turns out it may not be but that doesn't matter cause the tests they've done lately show that I need a

transplant. I'm going for a t p assessment sometime this month. Thankfully I won't have to wait for a donor, my nephew has volunteered to donate part of his & he's prefect - same blood type, 23, non-smoker, non-drinker - PERFECT! What doctor told you that you were definately going to need a t p? He can't be sure of that, things change all the time. Have you had a biopsy lately? I've had hep c since 1969 & just now am in need of t p, nobody can be sure if you'll ever need a t p at this point. SuZie wrote: Hi. My name is Matchinsky, from Des Moines IA USA. I haveHep C, and genotype 1A and have gone through 2 treatments withPegIntron. Actually, call that 1 and ½. My insurance company stoppedthe second treatment before it was complete. Their argument has beenthat 72 weeks of treatment is "investigational and experimental." Mydoctor's argument is that I've already relapsed after 48 weeks, twice,and anything less than 72 weeks would be futile. I am a quickresponder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen

treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/. I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read.The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle.It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings.

Icontinue to look for support. I also have a HCV Anonymous group, butit isn't very active. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVA

Next time I'm coming back as a cat

Guest guest

I do think the doctor was trying to scare me- he also said I had

hepatic encephalopathy.  I went to a neurologist, and she said I had essential

tremors (essential being medical speak for “of unknown origin”). 

My psychiatrist added another anti-depressant, and my cognitive abilities have

improved.

I am very overweight, and the doc put me on a 1500 calorie a day

diet.  I’m 52 and tried many times to lose weight, but this time I seem

motivated.

I am a responder but the virus comes back.  I have mixed

feelings about this new treatment as I have strong reactions to the interferon

and/or ribavirin, but I’ll do whatever it takes. 

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

" Running

is to dogs what dancing is to people.

It is

their way to get into the rhythm of the universe. "

~Stanley

Coren~

" I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies

[mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of suzie

Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 11:45 AM

To: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies

Subject: Re: New member

Hi ,

Welcome to the family. We're a loving but slightly

crazy bunch covering the spectrum from newly diagnosed to post-transplant. I'm

SuZie, 57, swf living in the GWN(Great White North, Thunder Bay, Ontario,

Canada) with my roomie, pest control officer & boss, SpYke the Galactic

Overlord in Training (aka cat) You may hear more of him later.

I was dx'd HCV+ in 1991, tx'd twice but did not respond

& when I was going to try a third time my docs discovered my cirrhosis had

" decompensated " & wouldn't let me do it. Last Sept they

found a " lesion " on an MRI of my liver & jumped to the conclusion

it was cancer. Turns out it may not be but that doesn't matter cause the

tests they've done late ly show that I need a transplant. I'm going for a

t p assessment sometime this month. Thankfully I won't have to wait for a

donor, my nephew has volunteered to donate part of his & he's prefect -

same blood type, 23, non-smoker, non-drinker - PERFECT!

What doctor told you that you were definately

going to need a t p? He can't be sure of that, things change all the

time. Have you had a biopsy lately? I've had hep c since 1969 &

just now am in need of t p, nobody can be sure if you'll ever need

a t p at this point.

SuZie

wrote:

Hi. My name is

Matchinsky, from Des Moines IA USA. I have

Hep C, and genotype 1A and have gone through 2 treatments with

PegIntron. Actually, call that 1 and ½. My insurance company stopped

the second treatment before it was complete. Their argument has been

that 72 weeks of treatment is " investigational and experimental. " My

doctor's argument is that I've already relapsed after 48 weeks, twice,

and anything less than 72 weeks would be futile. I am a quick

responder, so there is hope.

My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actually

self-insured with an insurance company managing the program. They

have seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will be

starting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next week

http://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/.

I'm not sure how good that

is; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready to

give up.

I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the local

community college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, and

like using the web for information, though I try not to believe

everything I read.

The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with or

without successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liver

disease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It is

getting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle.

It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IV

cocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I still

work the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. I

continue to look for support. I also have a HCV Anonymous group, but

it isn't very active. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVA

No virus found in this incoming message.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15

AM

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

Guest guest

I don't think the drs should be trying to scare us. We are already scared and insecure when we are in treatment and having problems. do you trust this dr. If not, look for someone else to treat you. Someone that you knows really cares about the outcome of your treatment. Hugs, VickieG

Re: [HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] New member

Hi ,

Welcome to the family. We're a loving but slightly crazy bunch covering the spectrum from newly diagnosed to post-transplant. I'm SuZie, 57, swf living in the GWN(Great White North, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada) with my roomie, pest control officer & boss, SpYke the Galactic Overlord in Training (aka cat) You may hear more of him later.

I was dx'd HCV+ in 1991, tx'd twice but did not respond & when I was going to try a third time my docs discovered my cirrhosis had "decompensated" & wouldn't let me do it. Last Sept they found a "lesion" on an MRI of my liver & jumped to the conclusion it was cancer. Turns out it may not be but that doesn't matter cause the tests they've done late ly show that I need a transplant. I'm going for a t p assessment sometime this month. Thankfully I won't have to wait for a donor, my nephew has volunteered to donate part of his & he's prefect - same blood type, 23, non-smoker, non-drinker - PERFECT!

What doctor told you that you were definately going to need a t p? He can't be sure of that, things change all the time. Have you had a biopsy lately? I've had hep c since 1969 & just now am in need of t p, nobody can be sure if you'll ever need a t p at this point.

SuZie <michaelboxernest (DOT) net> wrote:

Hi. My name is Matchinsky, from Des Moines IA USA. I haveHep C, and genotype 1A and have gone through 2 treatments withPegIntron. Actually, call that 1 and ½. My insurance company stoppedthe second treatment before it was complete. Their argument has beenthat 72 weeks of treatment is "investigational and experimental." Mydoctor's argument is that I've already relapsed after 48 weeks, twice,and anything less than 72 weeks would be futile. I am a quickresponder, so there is hope.My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actuallyself-insured with an insurance company managing the program. Theyhave seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will bestarting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next weekhttp://www.infergen .com/3-About_ Infergen/ . I'm not sure how good thatis; I seem

to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready togive up.I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the localcommunity college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, andlike using the web for information, though I try not to believeeverything I read.The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with orwithout successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liverdisease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It isgetting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle.It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IVcocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I stillwork the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. Icontinue to look for support. I also have a HCV Anonymous group, butit isn't very active. http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/HCVA

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Welcome,

.  We’re glad to have you with us.  Will

you be doing infergen daily?  You’re on the right track -- Never give up

the fight. 

Hugs,

New

Hi. My name is

Matchinsky, from Des Moines IA USA. I have

Hep C, and genotype 1A and have gone through 2 treatments with

PegIntron. Actually, call that 1 and ½. My insurance company stopped

the second treatment before it was complete. Their argument has been

that 72 weeks of treatment is " investigational and experimental. "

My

doctor's argument is that I've already relapsed after 48 weeks, twice,

and anything less than 72 weeks would be futile. I am a quick

responder, so there is hope.

My wife's employer (where the insurance is from) is actually

self-insured with an insurance company managing the program. They

have seen fit to grant an exception to the policy and I will be

starting 72 weeks of Infergen treatment next week

http://www.infergen.com/3-About_Infergen/.

I'm not sure how good that

is; I seem to react strongly to interferon. Still, I'm not ready to

give up.

I have a Master's in psychology and teach part-time at the local

community college. I've been playing with computers since 1985, and

like using the web for information, though I try not to believe

everything I read.

The doctor is telling me that I will be needing a transplant, with or

without successful treatment for the Hep C. (I also have fatty liver

disease). Not sure if he was trying to scare me, but it did. It is

getting worse, and though I only teach one class, it is a struggle.

It was almost 20 years ago that I contracted Hep C. I was an IV

cocaine user, but I've been clean and sober for 19 years now. I still

work the 12 Steps, and have lots of support through meetings. I

continue to look for support. I also have a HCV Anonymous group, but

it isn't very active. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HCVA

Guest guest

I like this doctor better than the first one I had. They

did not seem to care, and missed important labs. This new doc is a liver

specialist, while the other was a gastro-enterologist. He

seems to care, and so does his staff. Besides, you know how insurance

is. He’s the only one who is in-network.

" Running

is to dogs what dancing is to people.

It is

their way to get into the rhythm of the universe. "

~Stanley

Coren~

" I did then what I knew then and when I knew better, I did

better. "

~Maya Angelou~

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.6/1317 - Release Date: 3/7/2008 8:15 AM