RemedySpot.com
Guest guest

Re: Isokinetor Vs Bullworker X5 & SteelBow 20

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi DB,

Good stuff!

Miles

Subject: Isokinetor Vs Bullworker X5 & SteelBow 20To: bullworkerclub Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 5:28 AM

Here's a comparison chart for Isokinetor against Bullworker X5 & SteelBow 20 from the site of Gert F Kolbel, the guy who started this Bullworker revolution. Please follow the link below:

http://www.isoworke r.com/v

Guest guest

Gentlemen,

I own and use the Muscle-Gun and eXXerwatch, the forerunner to the Isokinator, the difference being the eXXerwatch had intrusive fins that did not add anything to the use of the product. I will refer to the eXXerwatch as the Isokinator for discussion purpose.

These are both very well designed and effective products… and very different in their use. The best description of the Muscle-Gun is a “Shoulder Blaster” in a positive way. It is designed to challenge full range of motion for the upper torso with emphasis on a pulling or extension movement. There are not any lower body exercises with this device. The device is band based and about 30 inches long. My model is over 7 years old and the band has held up extremely well.

The Isokinator uses the Iso-Motion concept of continuous resistance during a full range of motion. The term Iso-Motion evolved from a combination of the early warm-up BW exercises and the eXXerwatch movement. While the attempt is to be Isokinetic, it is no more Isokinetic than the Bullworker is in similar motion. The beauty of the Isokinator is it is very compact in size and can fit into a shirt pocket. The main drawback is there is very limited ability to compress or contract the device and leg and lower back exercises are very limited.

The chart referenced comparing the Isokinator, X-5 and Steel-Bow is very similar to Bully Xtreme marketing, playing fast and loose with points that contradict each other. The best example is the first term: “multi-exerciser” vs “Adult exerciser” vs “General Exerciser.” How one arrives at that conclusion is beyond me, but it establishes the pattern for the rest of the comparisons. I think my favorite is the Exercise Positions where the exact same positions for all three are described as “Limited to exercises” for the BW & SB. The “undisclosed” ratings are a close second. This is convenient marketing at its best.

This chart was not made by Gert Koelbel, but “Mr. Larry Vince” who has a history of extremely heavy handed statements molded around his points to be made. Larry at one time was a poster on this Forum, but had an uncanny ability to alienate members.

All three products have their strong points. The following is my opinion only:

For size… you cannot beat the Isokinator with its resistance levels.

For maximum use… the Steel-Bow, as I can do any Isokinator exercise and more.

For optimum leg and lower back strength… a full size Bullworker, with the cable model being the strongest design. It was this aspect we emphasized in bringing out the Bow Classic design.

As NewBody still markets the Muscle-Gun, it was conveniently left off the comparison chart. I do not think Mr. Koelbel would allow Larry to “trash” a product they are currently marketing.

It is my belief the most versatile product is one that allows the user to “cross-train” as much as possible, allowing one to “shock the body” out of muscle memory from extended use from the same routine. The original BW manual used the terms: Isometric, Isotonic, Resiliency, Cardio & Endurance training, with each one calling for a different type of movement in its use. Due to the success of the Isometric results, these other forms of training were suppressed in future manuals & charts.

And while it is understood these later routines may not represent the “optimum” routine for that specific discipline, there are enough positive benefits from it to justify the use from a single piece of equipment. I own and use all of the above-mentioned devices and each one has their moments in my exercising. I have my favorites, including the Fitness Bar, designed by Gert, which unfortunately did not experience the success his other products did. They all work and most impressively, they are all Gert Koelbel designed, a truly masterful designer of Fitness products.

Boworker

Subject: Isokinetor Vs Bullworker X5 & SteelBow 20To: bullworkerclub Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 3:28 AM

Here's a comparison chart for Isokinetor against Bullworker X5 & SteelBow 20 from the site of Gert F Kolbel, the guy who started this Bullworker revolution. Please follow the link below:

Guest guest

Did you purchase your Muscle-Gun from the German site? I've been

thinking I might like to get one someday, but the German site is the

only one I've found for it through google searches. There doesn't seem

to be any way to contact them by email, but even if there were, I

don't speak German, and unless they speak English, couldn't ask about

shipping to the US, etc. Am wondering if you know of any other source

for purchasing them.

Thanks,

Ronn

>

> Gentlemen,

>  

> I own and use the Muscle-Gun and eXXerwatch, the forerunner to the

Isokinator, the difference being the eXXerwatch had intrusive fins

that did not add anything to the use of the product. I will refer to

the eXXerwatch as the Isokinator for discussion purpose.

>  

> These are both very well designed and effective products… and very

different in their use. The best description of the Muscle-Gun is a

" Shoulder Blaster " in a positive way. It is designed to challenge full

range of motion for the upper torso with emphasis on a pulling or

extension movement. There are not any lower body exercises with this

device. The device is band based and about 30 inches long. My model is

over 7 years old and the band has held up extremely well.

>  

Guest guest

Gentlemen,

One other important fact regarding this site (Isoworker.com), it is Larry Vince's site, not NewBody.

NewBody and Gert Koelbel marketing are one in the same and do so at NewBody.de.

It appears NewBody allowed Vince to market the product in the UK and beyond through Vince's Isoworker site. Isoworker and its content are Larry Vince.

I will leave it at that.

Boworker

From: D Banerjee <dbmailsify (DOT) com>Subject: Isokinetor Vs Bullworker X5 & SteelBow 20To: bullworkerclub@ yahoogroups. comDate: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 3:28 AM