RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Don't push him stacie...I know you won't, but it is awfully demandinng for these little man...even trying to motor plan is hard, and very stressful....I can't imagine when we get to the potty stage...It has to be tough.

J

From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Friday, October 3, 2008, 9:18 AM

Ok so I have been meaning to post this very good news! On Wed, I had sent cookies to s class! I bought 7 of them and they were pretty big! They were shaped like apples, frosted red with a green stem! There are 3 kids, 1 teacher and 3 assistants!Anyhow on Wed morning I got an email from Jenna his teacher went Potty for the first time!!!! They have been working with him very hard and the assistant miss le usually goes in and works with ! He even was taught how to stand up and go! And he did! So... Jenna said they were going to have a party potty for him with the cookies I sent in! I was so very thrilled! You all know how hard this has been and nobody else got him to do this! I cried even! I wish I would of been there to see and for the party! Jenna said she would call me after school and she did and said that he went potty 6 times!!! So when I got him off the bus we were all excited and went inside and to the bathroom! He took down

his pants and stood there and peed! So I got the potty chart out that I have been saving and I don't know how much he understood but I explained that every time he makes potty and/or poopy in there he will get a little car and a sticker goes on his chart! It is a wonderful start for sure! I asked about yesterday abd he said he did not go but then again he will say things like that just to avoid talking about it! I tried to have him go on Thurs a few times and he would only want to stay there for a second and was done and wanted nothing more to do woth it! I tried this am and he resisted! I asked him if he was going to go to school and go potty for Miss Jenna, Miss le, Miss and Miss Jermese! And you know what he said to me? No I don't think so! Maybe later! His way of putting me off! Well at least we are off to a good start! Maybe if I make it like a game now and do the cherrio thing that might work some at this point!StacieSent

via BlackBerry by AT & T

Guest guest

Stacie, how does act when he is stressed? When you just put him in normal underwear how does he respond? Pat K

Pat,Kids are something aren't they? It has to be "their" idea! The thing with is, even when we did not say a thing about potty he would not go! He has not went again and his teacher says he seems to be getting stressed out about it now!Stacie Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

From: pkuenstleraolDate: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 01:11:57 EDTTo: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re:

Stacie, at least you know that knows how to use the toilet, and he will probably start using it when people stop focusing on it.

We have a small bathroom at the bottom of the stairs below Karac's training room, and I wanted Karac to use that bathroom instead of the one in the hall next to 's office, but Karac would not even go in that bathroom. I was determined that there was no reason for Karac to be afraid of that bathroom. I bribed; I insisted; I tried to trick him; I nagged every day for I don't know how long; then I finally gave up. One day I passed by the bathroom, and Karac was in there quietly using it. I didn't say a word. He has used that bathroom every since. Pat K

In a message dated 10/3/2008 11:44:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time, hawkie6aol writes:

Ya that is what I thought! only went a tiny bit at school yesterday and today! And I talked to his teacher today and she said that it is stressing him out now and at home now he is back to not wanting to go!Stacie Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

From: pkuenstleraolDate: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:10:19 EDTTo: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re:

It varies; some don't get trained before 8, and some get trained and regress; some never get trained. Pat K

In a message dated 10/3/2008 2:01:19 P.M. Central Daylight Time, hawkie6aol writes:

Thanks so much! It sure is exciting! He is 5 1/2 now! Can anyone tell me a typical age that kids with Autism get potty trained?Stacie BAurora Il Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

From: pkuenstleraolDate: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:32:33 EDTTo: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re:

That is a great start!! Congratulations to ! I know the joy that brings. Pat K

In a message dated 10/3/2008 11:21:32 A.M. Central Daylight Time, hawkie6aol writes:

[unable to display image]

Ok so I have been meaning to post this very good news! On Wed, I had sent cookies to s class! I bought 7 of them and they were pretty big! They were shaped like apples, frosted red with a green stem! There are 3 kids, 1 teacher and 3 assistants! Anyhow on Wed morning I got an email from Jenna his teacher went Potty for the first time!!!! They have been working with him very hard and the assistant miss le usually goes in and works with ! He even was taught how to stand up and go! And he did! So... Jenna said they were going to have a party potty for him with the cookies I sent in! I was so very thrilled! You all know how hard this has been and nobody else got him to do this! I cried even! I wish I would of been there to see and for the party! Jenna said she would call me after school and she did and said that he went potty 6 times!!! So when I got him off the bus we were all excited and went inside and to the bathroom! He took down his pants and stood there and peed! So I got the potty chart out that I have been saving and I don't know how much he understood but I explained that every time he makes potty and/or poopy in there he will get a little car and a sticker goes on his chart! It is a wonderful start for sure! I asked about yesterday abd he said he did not go but then again he will say things like that just to avoid talking about it! I tried to have him go on Thurs a few times and he would only want to stay there for a second and was done and wanted nothing more to do woth it! I tried this am and he resisted! I asked him if he was going to go to school and go potty for Miss Jenna, Miss le, Miss and Miss Jermese! And you know what he said to me? No I don't think so! Maybe later! His way of putting me off! Well at least we are off to a good start! Maybe if I make it like a game now and do the cherrio thing that might work some at this point! Stacie Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Guest guest

Yep, you are right. I am not going to push him, that is for sure. And e, if you are still online and reading this, I had a question, so can you IM me? It shows that you are not online but you might of just closed out of the messanger.

Stacie

Don't push him stacie...I know you won't, but it is awfully demandinng for these little man...even trying to motor plan is hard, and very stressful....I can't imagine when we get to the potty stage...It has to be tough.

J

From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>Subject: To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Friday, October 3, 2008, 9:18 AM

Ok so I have been meaning to post this very good news! On Wed, I had sent cookies to s class! I bought 7 of them and they were pretty big! They were shaped like apples, frosted red with a green stem! There are 3 kids, 1 teacher and 3 assistants!Anyhow on Wed morning I got an email from Jenna his teacher went Potty for the first time!!!! They have been working with him very hard and the assistant miss le usually goes in and works with ! He even was taught how to stand up and go! And he did! So... Jenna said they were going to have a party potty for him with the cookies I sent in! I was so very thrilled! You all know how hard this has been and nobody else got him to do this! I cried even! I wish I would of been there to see and for the party! Jenna said she would call me after school and she did and said that he went potty 6 times!!! So when I got him off the bus we were all excited and went inside and to the bathroom! He took down his pants and stood there and peed! So I got the potty chart out that I have been saving and I don't know how much he understood but I explained that every time he makes potty and/or poopy in there he will get a little car and a sticker goes on his chart! It is a wonderful start for sure! I asked about yesterday abd he said he did not go but then again he will say things like that just to avoid talking about it! I tried to have him go on Thurs a few times and he would only want to stay there for a second and was done and wanted nothing more to do woth it! I tried this am and he resisted! I asked him if he was going to go to school and go potty for Miss Jenna, Miss le, Miss and Miss Jermese! And you know what he said to me? No I don't think so! Maybe later! His way of putting me off! Well at least we are off to a good start! Maybe if I make it like a game now and do the cherrio thing that might work some at this point!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Messages in this topic (13) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Guest guest

He just goes in them and that is that! When he is stressed about going he just says don't want to I do it later and backs away!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: pkuenstler@...Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 22:57:26 EDTTo: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Stacie, how does act when he is stressed? When you just put him in normal underwear how does he respond? Pat K In a message dated 10/5/2008 6:44:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time, hawkie6aol writes: Pat,Kids are something aren't they? It has to be "their" idea! The thing with is, even when we did not say a thing about potty he would not go! He has not went again and his teacher says he seems to be getting stressed out about it now!Stacie Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T From: pkuenstleraolDate: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 01:11:57 EDTTo: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Stacie, at least you know that knows how to use the toilet, and he will probably start using it when people stop focusing on it. We have a small bathroom at the bottom of the stairs below Karac's training room, and I wanted Karac to use that bathroom instead of the one in the hall next to 's office, but Karac would not even go in that bathroom. I was determined that there was no reason for Karac to be afraid of that bathroom. I bribed; I insisted; I tried to trick him; I nagged every day for I don't know how long; then I finally gave up. One day I passed by the bathroom, and Karac was in there quietly using it. I didn't say a word. He has used that bathroom every since. Pat K In a message dated 10/3/2008 11:44:55 P.M. Central Daylight Time, hawkie6aol writes: Ya that is what I thought! only went a tiny bit at school yesterday and today! And I talked to his teacher today and she said that it is stressing him out now and at home now he is back to not wanting to go!Stacie Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T From: pkuenstleraolDate: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:10:19 EDTTo: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: It varies; some don't get trained before 8, and some get trained and regress; some never get trained. Pat K In a message dated 10/3/2008 2:01:19 P.M. Central Daylight Time, hawkie6aol writes: Thanks so much! It sure is exciting! He is 5 1/2 now! Can anyone tell me a typical age that kids with Autism get potty trained?Stacie BAurora Il Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T From: pkuenstleraolDate: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:32:33 EDTTo: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: That is a great start!! Congratulations to ! I know the joy that brings. Pat K In a message dated 10/3/2008 11:21:32 A.M. Central Daylight Time, hawkie6aol writes: [unable to display image] Ok so I have been meaning to post this very good news! On Wed, I had sent cookies to s class! I bought 7 of them and they were pretty big! They were shaped like apples, frosted red with a green stem! There are 3 kids, 1 teacher and 3 assistants! Anyhow on Wed morning I got an email from Jenna his teacher went Potty for the first time!!!! They have been working with him very hard and the assistant miss le usually goes in and works with ! He even was taught how to stand up and go! And he did! So... Jenna said they were going to have a party potty for him with the cookies I sent in! I was so very thrilled! You all know how hard this has been and nobody else got him to do this! I cried even! I wish I would of been there to see and for the party! Jenna said she would call me after school and she did and said that he went potty 6 times!!! So when I got him off the bus we were all excited and went inside and to the bathroom! He took down his pants and stood there and peed! So I got the potty chart out that I have been saving and I don't know how much he understood but I explained that every time he makes potty and/or poopy in there he will get a little car and a sticker goes on his chart! It is a wonderful start for sure! I asked about yesterday abd he said he did not go but then again he will say things like that just to avoid talking about it! I tried to have him go on Thurs a few times and he would only want to stay there for a second and was done and wanted nothing more to do woth it! I tried this am and he resisted! I asked him if he was going to go to school and go potty for Miss Jenna, Miss le, Miss and Miss Jermese! And you know what he said to me? No I don't think so! Maybe later! His way of putting me off! Well at least we are off to a good start! Maybe if I make it like a game now and do the cherrio thing that might work some at this point! Stacie Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out! New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out! New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out! New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Guest guest

Thanks so much Pat! I want to send a picture of my little guy! Can we do this to the group? I have some very cute ones on my phone too!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: pkuenstler@...Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 22:51:30 EDTTo: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Stacie, that is so good. Wow went 4 times. What a great kid. Pat K In a message dated 10/6/2008 9:09:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time, hawkie6aol writes: Jenna emailed me today and told me went potty 4 times. Yay! I dont know if he is asking though or just going when taken. I am sure probably he is going when taken. He would not go for me tonight though. Stacie New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out! New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Guest guest

I want to too......I will send it privately as well!!! Stacie, I'll send one to you privately as well...just do an attachment to us at our private email...

e

Subject: Re: To: AutismBehaviorProblems Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 5:45 AM

Stacie, I'm excited that you are going to send a picture of . If you want to send it to me, my email is pkuenstleraol (DOT) com Pat K

In a message dated 10/7/2008 1:46:47 A.M. Central Daylight Time, hawkie6aol (DOT) com writes:

Thanks so much Pat! I want to send a picture of my little guy! Can we do this to the group? I have some very cute ones on my phone too!Stacie Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

From: pkuenstleraol (DOT) comDate: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 22:51:30 EDTTo: <AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com>Subject: Re:

Stacie, that is so good. Wow went 4 times. What a great kid. Pat K

In a message dated 10/6/2008 9:09:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time, hawkie6aol (DOT) com writes:

Jenna emailed me today and told me went potty 4 times. Yay! I dont know if he is asking though or just going when taken. I am sure probably he is going when taken. He would not go for me tonight though.

Stacie

Ne w MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Guest guest

Yep those are the ones I believe! Are they the ones with Chrostmas stuff on them I heard people talking about?Thanks,StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "Sara" Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:34:36 -0500To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Hi Stacie,Which Sara and what things? If they're my educational programs, you can download them at www.hiyah.net. Sara Could you pretty please send me some of the things you have sent others for our little ones? They sound so fun and cool and would love it! Thanks so much!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Guest guest

Hi Stacie,

Yes, I have quite a few of them:)

Sara

Could you pretty please send me some of the things you have sent others for our little ones? They sound so fun and cool and would love it! Thanks so much!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Guest guest

Thanks so much. are they all on this website I just looked at? I cant wait to check it out. I would love to have anything you have. Thanks so much. I hear they are great. didnt you say you have a potty training one? is potty trained, but not for number 2.

Stacie

Hi Stacie,

Yes, I have quite a few of them:)

Sara

Could you pretty please send me some of the things you have sent others for our little ones? They sound so fun and cool and would love it! Thanks so much!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Guest guest

STACIE --- Yes, and they are so much fun!!!!!!!!! You have to download the the Christmas ones....so fun!

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 11:46:17 AMSubject: Re:

Yep those are the ones I believe! Are they the ones with Chrostmas stuff on them I heard people talking about?Thanks,Stacie

Sent via BlackBerry by AT & T

From: "Sara" Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:34:36 -0500To: <AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com>Subject: Re:

Hi Stacie,

Which Sara and what things? If they're my educational programs, you can download them at www.hiyah.net.

Sara

Guest guest

Hi Stacie,

All my programs are on my www.hiyah.net website. Just click on the software page, and it will list all the programs. All you need to do is click the download button on whatever program you want. Make sure to select run (not save). You will automatically get an icon on your desktop (once it's downloaded). All your child needs to do is click the icon, whenever he/she wants to play the program. Yes, I have a 'Going to the Potty'.

Sara

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Guest guest

Cool! I will! Are they shows or games?StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Two Blessings Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:26:58 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: STACIE --- Yes, and they are so much fun!!!!!!!!! You have to download the the Christmas ones....so fun!From: stacie <hawkie6aol>To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 11:46:17 AMSubject: Re: Yep those are the ones I believe! Are they the ones with Chrostmas stuff on them I heard people talking about?Thanks,StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & TFrom: "Sara" Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:34:36 -0500To: <AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Hi Stacie,Which Sara and what things? If they're my educational programs, you can download them at www.hiyah.net. Sara ----- Original Message ----- From: stacie To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 11:39 AMSubject: Could you pretty please send me some of the things you have sent others for our little ones? They sound so fun and cool and would love it! Thanks so much!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Guest guest

Thanks so much Sara!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "Sara" Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:20:30 -0500To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: Hi Stacie,All my programs are on my www.hiyah.net website. Just click on the software page, and it will list all the programs. All you need to do is click the download button on whatever program you want. Make sure to select run (not save). You will automatically get an icon on your desktop (once it's downloaded). All your child needs to do is click the icon, whenever he/she wants to play the program. Yes, I have a 'Going to the Potty'. Sara Could you pretty please send me some of the things you have sent others for our little ones? They sound so fun and cool and would love it! Thanks so much!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi Stacie,

You are welcome:)

Sara

www.hiyah.net

Guest guest

Oh e! I just got this sweetie! How is Lily? I am praying!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: Two Blessings Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:38:42 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProblems >Subject: Re: they are tools to help learn what holidays are all about....also help them learn simple historical stories...like frosty...Sara is very talented at how she puts these together...they are really cool. enjoys them. Lily my NT 5 1/2 yr old ADORES them. Stacie, pray for Lily today---she is seeing the MD for eye pain. JFrom: stacie <hawkie6aol>To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 10:11:17 AMSubject: Re: Cool! I will! Are they shows or games?StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & TFrom: Two Blessings Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:26:58 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com>Subject: Re: STACIE --- Yes, and they are so much fun!!!!!!!!! You have to download the the Christmas ones....so fun!From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 11:46:17 AMSubject: Re: Yep those are the ones I believe! Are they the ones with Chrostmas stuff on them I heard people talking about?Thanks,StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & TFrom: "Sara" Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:34:36 -0500To: <AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Hi Stacie,Which Sara and what things? If they're my educational programs, you can download them at www.hiyah.net. Sara ----- Original Message ----- From: stacie To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 11:39 AMSubject: Could you pretty please send me some of the things you have sent others for our little ones? They sound so fun and cool and would love it! Thanks so much!StacieSent via BlackBerry by AT & T

Guest guest

Her eyes are healthy...thank heavens :0) now we have to figure out what is causing the "pain" --- it's so hard for 5 yr olds (or at least her), to describe something as pain, or a twitiching...we have done two big tests...now I need to focus on the little things, like deep breathing when it happens. I'm relieved to no it is nothing "big"----so deep breathing, taking a break, putter her head down when it happens........we will keep working on it.

Thanks,

justine

To: AutismBehaviorProblems Sent: Saturday, December 6, 2008 6:10:02 PMSubject: Re:

Oh e! I just got this sweetie! How is Lily? I am praying!Stacie

From: Two Blessings Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:38:42 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com>Subject: Re:

they are tools to help learn what holidays are all about....also help them learn simple historical stories...like frosty...Sara is very talented at how she puts these together...they are really cool. enjoys them. Lily my NT 5 1/2 yr old ADORES them.

Stacie, pray for Lily today---she is seeing the MD for eye pain.

J

From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Friday, December 5, 2008 10:11:17 AMSubject: Re:

Cool! I will! Are they shows or games?Stacie

From: Two Blessings Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:26:58 -0800 (PST)To: <AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com>Subject: Re:

STACIE --- Yes, and they are so much fun!!!!!!!!! You have to download the the Christmas ones....so fun!

From: stacie <hawkie6aol (DOT) com>To: AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 11:46:17 AMSubject: Re:

Yep those are the ones I believe! Are they the ones with Chrostmas stuff on them I heard people talking about?Thanks,Stacie

From: "Sara" Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:34:36 -0500To: <AutismBehaviorProbl emsyahoogroups (DOT) com>Subject: Re:

Hi Stacie,

Which Sara and what things? If they're my educational programs, you can download them at www.hiyah.net.

Sara