RemedySpot.com

Re: Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have.....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I told one lady when she asked me about my large family, "I guess I'm just irresistible" hee! Hee!

Lorene

-- Re: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have.....

I like to toy with them.. Say something like " Yeah we know .. we tried keeping our tooth brushes separated.. but it did not work".

:)

RE: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have.....

I always assumed it was because Catholics are against birth control, and a lot of people seem to think that the only reason someone would have a lot of kids is because you were forced to due to your religion.

We also got the ‘haven’t you guys figured out how this happens’(uh, yeah, and we are glad that it worked;-) or ‘don’t you have a tv’ (we don’t, but that isn’t why we have 7 kids. My personal favorite was from someone who told me that I shouldn’t have more than 3 or 4 kids because we wouldn’t be able to afford to go to Disneyland. (and no, we have never gone to Disneyland, but we never wanted to, so I guess we are ok;-)

KathyR

From: DownSyndromeInfoExchange [mailto:DownSyndromeInfoExchange ] On Behalf Of Ruby BowdoinSent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:27 AMTo: DownSyndromeInfoExchange Subject: Re: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have.....

I have 5 but I don't get the "are you catholic" question. I do however get " have you guys figured out how this is happening" or "do you own a tv". I've actually have people give me horrified looks when I tell them I have 5 kids.

Ruby

On Mar 29, 2009, at 9:54 AM, sahmomof9aol wrote:

It's amazing how many of us preface our comments about our large families with "I'm not Catholic"! LOLOL!!! I have gotten that question more than once from strangers, when they ask about our family. Like only Catholics would have large families. It is SO not true--and I am seeing the proof of that here. I am actually finding that interesting! :) Marilyn

Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make meals for under $10.

=

Guest guest

LOL.. I took my four out with my two grand kids for lunch on my Birthday.. LOL.. you should have seen the assorted looks I got. Everything from Pleasure to Disgust.

I had 6 total an 11yr old,8 yr,7 yr, 5 yr, 3 yr, 2 yr and one yr.

Steph

Re: [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have.....

In a message dated 3/29/2009 10:28:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, hapytocmeaol (DOT) com writes:

I do however get " have you guys figured out how this is happening" or "do you own a tv". I've actually have people give me horrified looks when I tell them I have 5 kids.

Ruby

I have NO idea why anyone would be "horrified". I just don't get that AT ALL. Personally, I am "horrified" by those who choose to have NO children, or even those who only want one or two. Why would anyone want to limit their BLESSINGS? Nope, don't get it.

There are a bunch of great t-shirts on CafePress for moms of large families. I have a few of them. One gives "snappy" answers to all the stupid remarks people make. LOVE it. And I have given some great verbal responses to questions like "Don't you know what causes that?". Think about the possible responses for ten seconds! :D Hey--if they're dumb enough and obnoxious enough to ASK--they're going to get an answer! They DESERVE my answer. LOL! Marilyn

=

Guest guest

Steph

I live in Ireland and yes you would be welcome LOL,

Re: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have.....

In a message dated 3/29/2009 10:35:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ladunn07 writes:

I think the Catholic question is because Catholics do not believe in birth control. I could be wrong though

That's the general perception, and used to be correct. But these days, all but the Traditional Catholics have become so mainstream that the general Catholic population does not always go by official Church teaching on this. So these days, the question is less relevant than it probably used to be. These days, people with large families can be ANYONE who sees kids as blessings, and who either wants to add to their blessings through birth or adoption. Marilyn

Guest guest

I drive a 15 passenger van. Our house including finished basement is 3000 sq. Feet.

Lorene

-- Re: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have.....

wow I have to and my so have two and we always have my neice ......i cant imange any more ( ok yes i can} how big is every ones house and what do you all drive ....

LOL.. I took my four out with my two grand kids for lunch on my Birthday.. LOL.. you should have seen the assorted looks I got. Everything from Pleasure to Disgust.

Steph

Re: [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have.....

In a message dated 3/29/2009 10:28:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, hapytocmeaol (DOT) com writes:

I do however get " have you guys figured out how this is happening" or "do you own a tv". I've actually have people give me horrified looks when I tell them I have 5 kids.

Ruby

I have NO idea why anyone would be "horrified". I just don't get that AT ALL. Personally, I am "horrified" by those who choose to have NO children, or even those who only want one or two. Why would anyone want to limit their BLESSINGS? Nope, don't get it.

There are a bunch of great t-shirts on CafePress for moms of large families. I have a few of them. One gives "snappy" answers to all the stupid remarks people make. LOVE it. And I have given some great verbal responses to questions like "Don't you know what causes that?". Think about the possible responses for ten seconds! :D Hey--if they're dumb enough and obnoxious enough to ASK--they're going to get an answer! They DESERVE my answer. LOL! Marilyn

=

Guest guest

I agree totally. People assume I do all this on my own. I don't have ten LITTLE kids. There is always an older one to help with the younger one. It was tough for a while when was a baby and I had five little ones under the age of 6.

Lorene

It is difficult to take more than one or two kids anywhere, but it is SO worth the looks and comments we get! :) Steph wasn't too terribly brave, Ruby, because chances are the older ones helped with the younger ones. At least that's what happens here. Unless you have five under five or something similar, the older ones learn early how to help and watch their siblings.

When my younger ones were REALLY little, we made sure we never went anywhere without at least one other teen or adult along to help. Three wandering girls with DS, and "two under two" was just a lot to deal with! We had a twin stroller, and attached three of those "leashes" to them sometimes when we went out. In a dark aquarium, or crowded park, it might LOOK horrible, but it kept them all safe! Marilyn

Guest guest

Now you just need to have two dryers!

Lorene

I do have the Kenmore Ultra Large Capacity washer and dryer set

Isn't it great to have that, Lorene? We can dump a whole basket of clothes in at a time. Of course, because we were stupid, the same can't be said for DRYING that large load! :P Marilyn

Guest guest

right now we could just not do it my house is a tad under 1000sf... and i have a jeep liberty......

Steph

Ruby

=

Guest guest

Yes,

Steal it and use it with great pleasure!!

Lorene

I told one lady when she asked me about my large family, "I guess I'm just irresistible" hee! Hee!

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's one line I hadn't thought of yet. Can I steal it? :D Marilyn

Guest guest

The hardest progression for me was from one kid to two..i

remember when our second child was due for his first well baby check, I called

my husband at work to ask him to come help me take him to the doctor..the

secretary thought I was a real wuss;-) my other child was almost 2.

By the time the 3rd baby was born, the oldest was

almost 4, so it was easier, for some reason. And as they got older, they helped

out with the younger ones.

Another thing was when I had one child, I couldn’t go

anywhere without several complete sets of clothes (including shoes) in case he

spit up a little (have to change the entire outfit, right?) by the time I got

to child number 6, I could throw a diaper and a pack of wipes in my purse and

be good to go;-)

Danny changed the game because he had to have a lot of equipment

go with him when he was little…so it was harder with him, but it was because

of his medical issues, not because he was #7 (my oldest was 15 when Danny was

born)

KathyR

[mailto:DownSyndromeInfoExchange ] On Behalf Of tabitha

anderson

Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:21 PM

To: DownSyndromeInfoExchange

Subject: Re: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Lorene & Marilyn...How many

kids do you have.....

wow I have to and my so have two and we always

have my neice ......i cant imange any more ( ok yes i can} how big is

every ones house and what do you all drive ....

LOL.. I took my four out with my two grand kids for lunch on my Birthday..

LOL.. you should have seen the assorted looks I got. Everything from Pleasure

to Disgust.

I had 6 total an 11yr old,8 yr,7 yr, 5 yr, 3 yr, 2 yr and

one yr.

Steph

Re:

[DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you

have.....

In a message dated 3/29/2009 10:28:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight

Time, hapytocmeaol (DOT) com writes:

I do however get " have you guys figured out how this is

happening " or " do you own a tv " . I've actually have

people give me horrified looks when I tell them I have 5 kids.

Ruby

I have NO idea why anyone would be " horrified " . I just

don't get that AT ALL. Personally, I am " horrified " by those who

choose to have NO children, or even those who only want one or two. Why would

anyone want to limit their BLESSINGS? Nope, don't get it.

There are a bunch of great t-shirts on CafePress for moms of

large families. I have a few of them. One gives " snappy " answers to

all the stupid remarks people make. LOVE it. And I have given some great

verbal responses to questions like " Don't you know what causes

that? " . Think about the possible responses for ten

seconds! :D Hey--if they're dumb enough and obnoxious enough to ASK--they're

going to get an answer! They DESERVE my answer. LOL! Marilyn

=

Guest guest

We have an Expedition and a 2600 sq. ft. home.

Lori

Steph

Ruby

=

Guest guest

We drive a GMC Safari, only have 6 kiddos, and we live in a 1700 sq ft

home with an unfinished basement. Although, we are hoping to move this

year to get a bigger yard, really as far as house goes, we are

comfortable, only wish I had a shed or a 3 car garage for all the bikes

and sporting equipment we have as we are an athletic family.

Caroline

Lori Dunn wrote:

> We have an Expedition and a 2600 sq. ft. home.

>

> Lori

>

>

>

>

> LOL.. I took my four out with my two grand kids for lunch on my

> Birthday.. LOL.. you should have seen the assorted looks I got.

> Everything from Pleasure to Disgust.

>

> I had 6 total an 11yr old,8 yr,7 yr, 5 yr, 3 yr, 2 yr and one yr.

>

> Steph

>

>

> * Re: [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Lorene & Marilyn...How

> many kids do you have.....

>

> In a message dated 3/29/2009 10:28:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight

> Time, hapytocmeaol (DOT) com

> <http://us.mc588.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=hapytocmeaol> writes:

> I do however get " have you guys figured out how this is

> happening " or " do you own a tv " . I've actually have people give

> me horrified looks when I tell them I have 5 kids.

> Ruby

> I have NO idea why anyone would be " horrified " . I just don't get

> that AT ALL. Personally, I am " horrified " by those who choose to

> have NO children, or even those who only want one or two. Why

> would anyone want to limit their BLESSINGS? Nope, don't get it.

>

> There are a bunch of great t-shirts on CafePress for moms of large

> families. I have a few of them. One gives " snappy " answers to all

> the stupid remarks people make. LOVE it. And I have given some

> great verbal responses to questions like " Don't you know what

> causes that? " . Think about the possible responses for ten seconds!

> :D Hey--if they're dumb enough and obnoxious enough to

> ASK--they're going to get an answer! They DESERVE my answer. LOL!

> Marilyn

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make meals for under $10

> <http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000002>.

>

>

>

> =

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Free Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!

> <http://www.incredimail.com/?id=600879 & rui=111373172>

>

>

Guest guest

made sure my kids had a REAL family. I am an only child. No family get togethers here. My BIL is the only sibling of my husband, and we hardly ever see him. I totally, completely LOVE it when I see all my kids interacting--from the 30yo playing catch with his brothers who are more than 20 years younger than him, to my youngest daughter (who was 2 in October) playing with her niece--my oldest daughter's child (who will be 2 in June).This is the vision I have for my family in time. My husband and I are both only children and we were both adopted. So I always knew I wanted more than 1 or 2, I thought how lonely things would be during holidays if we didn't have a bigger family. Right now with 5 kids ages 8 and under it is nothing but chaos. It's hard to imagine a time when I will be able to sit back and relax and enjoy watching them all interact. Ruby=

Guest guest

We just downsized to about 2700 sq ft. I drive a Honda Oddessy minivan but with car seatsand boosters it doesn't hold as many as it could. RubyWe have an Expedition and a 2600 sq. ft. home. Lori LOL.. I took my four out with my two grand kids for lunch on my Birthday.. LOL.. you should have seen the assorted looks I got. Everything from Pleasure to Disgust. I had 6 total an 11yr old,8 yr,7 yr, 5 yr, 3 yr, 2 yr and one yr. Steph Re: [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have..... In a message dated 3/29/2009 10:28:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, hapytocmeaol (DOT) com writes: I do however get " have you guys figured out how this is happening" or "do you own a tv". I've actually have people give me horrified looks when I tell them I have 5 kids. Ruby I have NO idea why anyone would be "horrified". I just don't get that AT ALL. Personally, I am "horrified" by those who choose to have NO children, or even those who only want one or two. Why would anyone want to limit their BLESSINGS? Nope, don't get it. There are a bunch of great t-shirts on CafePress for moms of large families. I have a few of them. One gives "snappy" answers to all the stupid remarks people make. LOVE it. And I have given some great verbal responses to questions like "Don't you know what causes that?". Think about the possible responses for ten seconds! :D Hey--if they're dumb enough and obnoxious enough to ASK--they're going to get an answer! They DESERVE my answer. LOL! Marilyn Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make meals for under $10. = <Stamp_new_chubbycons.gif> =

Guest guest

Ruby,

Hang in there, it will get easier.

Lorene

made sure my kids had a REAL family. I am an only child. No family get togethers here. My BIL is the only sibling of my husband, and we hardly ever see him. I totally, completely LOVE it when I see all my kids interacting--from the 30yo playing catch with his brothers who are more than 20 years younger than him, to my youngest daughter (who was 2 in October) playing with her niece--my oldest daughter's child (who will be 2 in June).

This is the vision I have for my family in time. My husband and I are both only children and we were both adopted. So I always knew I wanted more than 1 or 2, I thought how lonely things would be during holidays if we didn't have a bigger family. Right now with 5 kids ages 8 and under it is nothing but chaos. It's hard to imagine a time when I will be able to sit back and relax and enjoy watching them all interact.

Ruby

Guest guest

I have always liked this board because I can come here and not feel judged.

As a lifelong practicing Catholic blessed with TWO children, I was really

surprised to see 's comment, " However, as you can see by the

Millions of Catholic families who have only one or two kids.. this 'belief'

is often discarded. " Whoah! Holy judgment. And is that even true? My

daughter attends a Catholic school and the majority of families have between

3 and 7 children. Of the few families who have 1 or 2, one friend has been

trying for years to have another child. Another family there got married

late in life and have 2 kids. Her youngest is 6. She is 47. Many families

today are starting later in life and it is just not that easy to become

pregnant. And then there's me at 37. I hope there are more in store for me

but while I'm waiting for God to answer my prayers, I will try not to feel

like a criminal by falling into Marilyn's " horrified " category. And it's

lent ladies!

Guest guest

I can see where your comment is coming from. Not everyone fits into one category of Catholic. It is true that many catholics choose to use artificial birth control against the churches teachings. It is a fact, not an insult. How do I know? I know a lot of Catholics and went to 12 yrs. Of Catholic school, the girls were on "the pill" even while in highschool. Again, not a judgement, just a fact. The traditional community I was referring to has by far the largest number of "big" families I have ever known. There are families in the parish that have adopted and some that never were able to have children but this is not the norm there. No one is being critical...I am not even a Catholic anymore...so sorry if we made you feel singled out.

Lorene

-- [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re: Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have.....

I have always liked this board because I can come here and not feel judged.

As a lifelong practicing Catholic blessed with TWO children, I was really

surprised to see 's comment, "However, as you can see by the

Millions of Catholic families who have only one or two kids.. this 'belief'

is often discarded." Whoah! Holy judgment. And is that even true? My

daughter attends a Catholic school and the majority of families have between

3 and 7 children. Of the few families who have 1 or 2, one friend has been

trying for years to have another child. Another family there got married

late in life and have 2 kids. Her youngest is 6. She is 47. Many families

today are starting later in life and it is just not that easy to become

pregnant. And then there's me at 37. I hope there are more in store for me

but while I'm waiting for God to answer my prayers, I will try not to feel

like a criminal by falling into Marilyn's "horrified" category. And it's

lent ladies!

------------------------------------

1. Anything suggested on this site or opinions offered are not intended to be medical or pharmaceutical advice or otherwise take the place of your physicians orders, nor to diagnose or treat your specific health problems.

Please discuss all methods of treatment with your practitioner.

2 *****WARNING: Flames and inappropriate treatment of other members on this list will NOT be tolerated.

3. Our HOME page is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DownSyndromeInfoExchange where all archived posts as well as photos,links, files, articles etc. are found. You "MUST" have a Yahoo ID and pass word to enter it.

To contact Carol, owner & moderator

doihavtasay@...

To contact Kathy, owner & moderator

kathy_r@...

To contact , owner & moderator

noliptoday@...

Guest guest

i am still in my home both my self and before hand my mother grew up in...I moved back home while going thru a messy divorce and my mother just happened to have an extra house ....I wouldnt change it and it does not feel so cramped ...Lol maybe I am just used to it..I am thinking of adding a room or dividing one ....Only things to bother me is we have 3 boys and one girl......and I have to go outside my house to use the laundry in the basement ...plus side my kids have five acres of land ... My neighbor is my mother and the kids kids have horses and donkeys and all other fuzzy creatures to play with,,,,, So maybe be a lil cramped is not that bad....Wow ladies thanks for helping me see this lol....>>> LOL.. I took my four out with my two grand kids for lunch on my> Birthday.. LOL.. you should have seen the assorted looks I got.> Everything from Pleasure to Disgust.> > I had 6 total an 11yr old,8 yr,7 yr, 5 yr, 3 yr, 2 yr and one yr.> > Steph> > > * Re: [DownSyndromeInfoEx change] Lorene & Marilyn...How> many kids do you have.....>> In a message dated 3/29/2009 10:28:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight> Time, hapytocmeaol (DOT) com> <http://us.mc588. mail.yahoo. com/mc/compose? to=hapytocme@ aol.com> writes:> I do however get " have you guys figured out how this is> happening" or "do you own a tv". I've actually have people give> me horrified looks when I tell them I have 5 kids. > Ruby> I have NO idea why anyone would be "horrified". I just don't get> that AT ALL. Personally, I am "horrified" by those who choose to> have NO children, or even

those who only want one or two. Why> would anyone want to limit their BLESSINGS? Nope, don't get it.> > There are a bunch of great t-shirts on CafePress for moms of large> families. I have a few of them. One gives "snappy" answers to all> the stupid remarks people make. LOVE it. And I have given some> great verbal responses to questions like "Don't you know what> causes that?". Think about the possible responses for ten seconds!> :D Hey--if they're dumb enough and obnoxious enough to> ASK--they're going to get an answer! They DESERVE my answer. LOL!> Marilyn>> ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make meals for under $10> <http://food. aol.com/frugal- feasts?ncid= emlcntusfood0000

0002>.>>>> =>>> >> >> Free Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!> <http://www.incredim ail.com/? id=600879 & rui=111373172>>>

Guest guest

>

> > We have an Expedition and a 2600 sq. ft. home.

> >

> > Lori

> >

OMG ... you guys are hilarious ... I love the large family discussion! I am

... we have a large family ... I have two homegrown ... hubby has two

home grown ... and we have adopted 13 ... 3 of which have earned thier angel

wings ... five of our children at home have Down syndrome 10, 7, 6, 4, 3 ... the

other five at home are 18, 10, 9, 8, 7

We take 18, 10, 9, 8, 7, 4 year olds to the movies every weekend and out-to-eat

.... yes ... we DO get those stares!

I am definitely wayyyyyyyyyyy spoiled ... as I have 2 front loading washers &

dryers ... three refrigerators and 1 freezer ... My house is wayyyy to big also

.... We do not even use parts of it ... except for storage ... we lived in a 4br

2ba 2200 sq ft house & built a 9000 sq ft 9 br 6 ba home ... It is AWFUL to

clean! I wish I only had three bathrooms most days! The more room you have ...

the more you have to clean!!! YUK! AND the more the kids can mess up!

Guest guest

How wonderful that you have adopted 13 children! Your house sounds beautiful but I have to admit I don't think I would be able to deal with such a big house. I am afraid I wouldn't be able to keep an eye on my kids, especially the wanderers. I agree, three bathrooms are enough to clean but the nine bedrooms, well that sounds pretty good!

Lorene

-- [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Re: Lorene & Marilyn...How many kids do you have.....

>

> > We have an Expedition and a 2600 sq. ft. home.

> >

> > Lori

> >

OMG ... you guys are hilarious ... I love the large family discussion! I am ... we have a large family ... I have two homegrown ... hubby has two home grown ... and we have adopted 13 ... 3 of which have earned thier angel wings ... five of our children at home have Down syndrome 10, 7, 6, 4, 3 ... the other five at home are 18, 10, 9, 8, 7

We take 18, 10, 9, 8, 7, 4 year olds to the movies every weekend and out-to-eat ... yes ... we DO get those stares!

I am definitely wayyyyyyyyyyy spoiled ... as I have 2 front loading washers & dryers ... three refrigerators and 1 freezer ... My house is wayyyy to big also ... We do not even use parts of it ... except for storage ... we lived in a 4br 2ba 2200 sq ft house & built a 9000 sq ft 9 br 6 ba home ... It is AWFUL to clean! I wish I only had three bathrooms most days! The more room you have ... the more you have to clean!!! YUK! AND the more the kids can mess up!

------------------------------------

1. Anything suggested on this site or opinions offered are not intended to be medical or pharmaceutical advice or otherwise take the place of your physicians orders, nor to diagnose or treat your specific health problems.

Please discuss all methods of treatment with your practitioner.

2 *****WARNING: Flames and inappropriate treatment of other members on this list will NOT be tolerated.

3. Our HOME page is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DownSyndromeInfoExchange where all archived posts as well as photos,links, files, articles etc. are found. You "MUST" have a Yahoo ID and pass word to enter it.

To contact Carol, owner & moderator

doihavtasay@...

To contact Kathy, owner & moderator

kathy_r@...

To contact , owner & moderator

noliptoday@...

Guest guest

That sounds really nice…bet the kids love it.(bet your

mom does, too…I would love to have one of my kids as my neighbor;-)

DownSyndromeInfoExchange

[mailto:DownSyndromeInfoExchange ] On Behalf Of tabitha

anderson

Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:18 PM

To: DownSyndromeInfoExchange

Subject: Re: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Lorene & Marilyn...How many

kids do you have.....

i am still in my home both my self and

before hand my mother grew up in...I moved back home

while going thru a messy divorce and my mother just happened to

have an extra house ....I wouldnt change it and it does not feel so

cramped ...Lol maybe I am just used to it..I am thinking of

adding a room or dividing one ....Only things to bother me

is we have 3 boys and one girl......and I have

to go outside my house to use the laundry in the basement ...plus

side my kids have five acres of land ... My neighbor is my mother and

the kids kids have horses and donkeys and all other fuzzy creatures to

play with,,,,, So maybe be a lil cramped is not that bad....Wow

ladies thanks for helping me see this lol....

>

Guest guest

I SO agree about "the more you have the more you have to clean up"! We lived in a 5000 sq ft. house with over 20 rooms before we moved and it was horrible to clean. Yes, we did not use much of it. It was such waste! We moved in thinking this was a house we would grow into and with 4 boys (at the time) we could always have their friends over (I was thinking of high school when they would take up space and want privacy). But we ended up not using so much of the house and the floor plan really did not flow well at all. So we have gradually moved to smaller and smaller and now have realized the size of the house doesn't matter, everyone ends up in the same room and bedrooms are just used for sleeping so it doesn't matter the size and how many are in them. What is important for us is to have a nice size back yard or BIG open area that is common ground for the whole neightborhood. My boys like to play baseball and close neighbors and baseballs aren't a good mix. We do have a second fridge in the garage and it's great. Makes it so much easier to buy lot's of meat, etc. when it's on sale. Only one front loading washer/dryer but it is ALWAYS running.Ruby> > > We have an Expedition and a 2600 sq. ft. home.> >> > Lori> >OMG ... you guys are hilarious ... I love the large family discussion! I am ... we have a large family ... I have two homegrown ... hubby has two home grown ... and we have adopted 13 ... 3 of which have earned thier angel wings ... five of our children at home have Down syndrome 10, 7, 6, 4, 3 .... the other five at home are 18, 10, 9, 8, 7We take 18, 10, 9, 8, 7, 4 year olds to the movies every weekend and out-to-eat ... yes ... we DO get those stares!I am definitely wayyyyyyyyyyy spoiled .... as I have 2 front loading washers & dryers ... three refrigerators and 1 freezer ... My house is wayyyy to big also ... We do not even use parts of it ... except for storage ... we lived in a 4br 2ba 2200 sq ft house & built a 9000 sq ft 9 br 6 ba home ... It is AWFUL to clean! I wish I only had three bathrooms most days! The more room you have ... the more you have to clean!!! YUK! AND the more the kids can mess up! =

Guest guest

I can completely sympathize with your comment, as one of my very best of

friends has been trying to get pregnant for years after her first two,

but God had other plans in store for her. She is now about to be 46 so

after 10 years of trying there is probably not much hope, although they

do still continue to be hopeful :).

Understand though, that unfortunately many Catholics are not living

their faith across this country. It is sad, but true.

Remember that when people communicate via email they cannot truly

express everything they mean, and I am sure Marilyn did not mean it the

way it appeared in writing.

God bless,

Caroline

Spizzirri wrote:

>

> I have always liked this board because I can come here and not feel

> judged.

> As a lifelong practicing Catholic blessed with TWO children, I was really

> surprised to see 's comment, " However, as you can see by the

> Millions of Catholic families who have only one or two kids.. this

> 'belief'

> is often discarded. " Whoah! Holy judgment. And is that even true? My

> daughter attends a Catholic school and the majority of families have

> between

> 3 and 7 children. Of the few families who have 1 or 2, one friend has been

> trying for years to have another child. Another family there got married

> late in life and have 2 kids. Her youngest is 6. She is 47. Many families

> today are starting later in life and it is just not that easy to become

> pregnant. And then there's me at 37. I hope there are more in store for me

> but while I'm waiting for God to answer my prayers, I will try not to feel

> like a criminal by falling into Marilyn's " horrified " category. And it's

> lent ladies!

>

>

Guest guest

While most of my boys are now out of the house, (we just have Tim 22 and Garrett 12 left) our boys are 27, 23, 22, 21 and 12. However, most of the time I usually have at least one other boy if not more in the house because of the kid's friends and we have to drive a mini van because of all of Garrett's friends! Every day after school I seem to acquire at least 4 or more extra boys from the school, each asking for a ride home, so there is no way we could go smaller!The stupidest comment I ever had from someone was once when the three middle ones were little and I was watching them play outside (we lived in an apartment at the time)My nosy neighbor asked me (right in front of the boys) how I found time to have so many kids! I was taken aback by her rudeness, but had a quick reply and told her that they did in fact sleep at night! LOLKristy-Mom to Arron 27, 23, Tim 22 MDS, Stevan 21 and Garrett 12Kristy Colvin IMDSA President ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ International Mosaic Down Syndrome Association PH: Toll Free: 1-888-MDS-LINK http://www.imdsa.org http://www.mosaicmoments.today.comSAVE THE DATE! JULY 10-12 Cincinnati, Ohio, USABUILDING BRIDGES FOR DOWN SYNDROMERESEARCH & AWARENESS CONFERENCE> > > Subject: Re: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] Playing outside> To: DownSyndromeInfoExchange > Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 7:42 AM> > > > > > > > > In a message dated 3/27/2009 10:30:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, nine_kids_mom@ yahoo.com writes:> > How many kids do you have and what ages are they? Mine are 23, 21, 17, 15, 13, 8, 7, 6, 4, and 3.> Lorene > > I've got nine. They are boys ages 9, 10, 25, and 30, and girls ages 2, 14 (adopted, MDS and other issues), 16 (adopted, DS and OCD), 22 (adopted, DS), and 28. My 28yo has a daughter who will be 2 in June, and she's expecting her second daughter in July. I didn't realize you had ten kids, Lorene! Neat! :) Marilyn> > > Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make meals for under $10.>

Guest guest

I am totally enjoying this discussion! I drive a Honda Odyssey, the

oldest two at home drive their own cars, so most days now I am only

driving two or three kids at a time But it is paid for and I am not in

a hurry to change. The house is appx. 3000 sq. ft, 4 bedrooms 3 baths.

My only son at home has the office for his bedroom..... he gets a door

in a week or two. Our master bedroom is huge, with a sitting area so

K-T's room is a part of it that we sectioned off as it is just too big.

(It also keeps her from going downstairs and turning on the TV at 3 in

the morning!) I actually have my sewing area in the master bedroom,

too. (thanks to IKEA for the wardrobes and bookcases!!) All the older

girls have their own rooms, with such different school/work schedules

that proved to be a necessity. We have the front loader washer and

dryer, but the cycles are a lot longer than top loading washers. I

don't do laundry for the older 3 girls, but it is fun trying to

schedule time to get stuff done if I forget to throw some in while

everyone is at school or work. And often we go to sleep listening to

the washer.

I homeschooled most of my older kids, but after K-T was born, my

arthritis/ autoimmune disease flared up, so my husband insisted we put

the kids back in public school for my health. I really did enjoy home

schooling though.

diana in escondido,ca -mom to K-T age 9 DS

tabitha anderson wrote:

how big is every ones house and what do you all drive

-

_._,___

Guest guest

Right now with 5 kids ages 8 and under it is nothing but chaos. It's hard to imagine a time when I will be able to sit back and relax and enjoy watching them all interact.

Ruby

It is probably hard to visualize now, Ruby. I was there once, too, with a newborn who had DS, a 2yo, a 5yo, and an 8yo. Our family has come a LONG way since then! Marilyn Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession.