RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Can extended use of miralax cause vaginal infections or severe diaper rash?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Corey,

Welcome to the group! Hopefully you'll find a lot of support and info

here.

I just have a moment right now, but wanted to suggest you check also

at the " Trying_Low_Oxalates " yahoo group. Vulvodynia (vulvar pain)

can be a symptom of a problem processing/eliminating oxalates. Some

have found that Miralax increases oxalate issues for their kids. You

might want to check in with that group about the specifics on vaginal

symptoms to see if this might be part of your daughter's problem.

Also, for help with the stools as you take off Miralax, look in the

files section of this group and there are some files about what's

worked for some people. Magnesium supplementation is probably the

most common here. Previous posts will also have a lot of info, but

admittedly can be hard to sift through.

Hopefully others will provide some suggestions too - if you have

specific questions, please ask - there are a lot of moms (and dads!)

here who have been working on this for a while & share what worked for

them and what didn't.

HTH.

best,

>

> Hello,

>

> Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years

> and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and

> etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the

> problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off

> Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. I

> have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related and

> they tell me no. I find that hard to believe.

>

> Thanks,

> Corey

>

Guest guest

vaginal infections can be caused by wiping from back to front as I had that problem and my ob-gyn dr said do not wipe fr.om back to front as you can contaminate the vaginal area if you wipe the rectal area first. If your daughter wipes herself she or you could be wiping from back to front which is common and you jist don't realize it. also sometimes a detergent can cause vaginal infections so i use detergents that have no perfumes or dyes in it. I also rinse allm clothes twice. Just a suggestion. I have been on miralax with no problems of that kind. marg but I'm an adult. I am hoping to get off miralax and tried many things with no success,but will still try.coreyclonts wrote: Hello,Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. I have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related and they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. Thanks,Corey

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

Thanks Marg,

We have tried to let her do that on her own, but lately have asked her to have us help her after she has finished. My wife has changed the detergent to all free and clear and stopped using fabric softeners. Also washes her undergarments with bleach and changed from using the popular cartoon ones to all white cotton. I hope we can get her off the Miralax completely and increase her water and fiber intake and things will clear up. We pray everyday that things will get better. I am glad to have found this group and thanks in advance for everyone who may have any other info.

Thanks,

Corey

vaginal infections can be caused by wiping from back to front as I had that problem and my ob-gyn dr said do not wipe fr.om back to front as you can contaminate the vaginal area if you wipe the rectal area first. If your daughter wipes herself she or you could be wiping from back to front which is common and you jist don't realize it. also sometimes a detergent can cause vaginal infections so i use detergents that have no perfumes or dyes in it. I also rinse allm clothes twice. Just a suggestion. I have been on miralax with no problems of that kind. marg but I'm an adult. I am hoping to get off miralax and tried many things with no success,but will still try.coreyclonts <coreyclonts@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. I have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related and they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. Thanks,Corey

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Corey,

I agree with that it is most likely an oxalate issue, which we know Miralax can cause. While my daughter was never on Miralax, she also had the vuvlar irritation (amongst other problems). My reg pediatrician kept telling me (over a year's time!) that it was probably just not wiping good, detergent irritation, etc, etc. The only thing that ever temporarily helped was antibiotic cream. I am so thankful that my DAN doctor looked further into this (along with not tolerating glycine and yeast issues) and recommended the low oxalate diet. After we got past the initial dumping phase, her irritation cleared up. She only experiences discomfort now if she has a dietary oxalate infraction. I highly recommend looking into this...

Hi Corey,Welcome to the group! Hopefully you'll find a lot of support and infohere. I just have a moment right now, but wanted to suggest you check alsoat the "Trying_Low_ Oxalates" yahoo group. Vulvodynia (vulvar pain)can be a symptom of a problem processing/eliminat ing oxalates. Somehave found that Miralax increases oxalate issues for their kids. Youmight want to check in with that group about the specifics on vaginalsymptoms to see if this might be part of your daughter's problem.Also, for help with the stools as you take off Miralax, look in thefiles section of this group and there are some files about what'sworked for some people. Magnesium supplementation is probably themost common here. Previous posts will also have a lot of info, butadmittedly can be hard to sift through.Hopefully others will provide some suggestions too - if you havespecific questions, please ask - there

are a lot of moms (and dads!)here who have been working on this for a while & share what worked forthem and what didn't.HTH.best,>> Hello,> > Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years > and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and > etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the > problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off > Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. I > have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related and > they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. > > Thanks,>

Corey>

Guest guest

And even if it's not an oxalate issue (though I think a history of Miralax increases the likelihood of it being an oxalate problem), Miralax itself can cause redness and burning--especially if it ever causes diarrhea that, for very young kids, can sometimes get everywhere. Even after you stop giving Miralax, it may take several days, or even (in our experience) up to two weeks to work its way out of a child's system.

Bonnie

Corey,

I agree with that it is most likely an oxalate issue, which we know Miralax can cause. While my daughter was never on Miralax, she also had the vuvlar irritation (amongst other problems). My reg pediatrician kept telling me (over a year's time!) that it was probably just not wiping good, detergent irritation, etc, etc. The only thing that ever temporarily helped was antibiotic cream. I am so thankful that my DAN doctor looked further into this (along with not tolerating glycine and yeast issues) and recommended the low oxalate diet. After we got past the initial dumping phase, her irritation cleared up. She only experiences discomfort now if she has a dietary oxalate infraction. I highly recommend looking into this...

Hi Corey,Welcome to the group! Hopefully you'll find a lot of support and infohere. I just have a moment right now, but wanted to suggest you check alsoat the " Trying_Low_ Oxalates " yahoo group. Vulvodynia (vulvar pain)

can be a symptom of a problem processing/eliminat ing oxalates. Somehave found that Miralax increases oxalate issues for their kids. Youmight want to check in with that group about the specifics on vaginalsymptoms to see if this might be part of your daughter's problem.

Also, for help with the stools as you take off Miralax, look in thefiles section of this group and there are some files about what'sworked for some people. Magnesium supplementation is probably themost common here. Previous posts will also have a lot of info, but

admittedly can be hard to sift through.Hopefully others will provide some suggestions too - if you havespecific questions, please ask - there

are a lot of moms (and dads!)here who have been working on this for a while & share what worked forthem and what didn't.HTH.best,

>> Hello,> > Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years > and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and > etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the

> problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off > Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. I > have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related and

> they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. > > Thanks,>

Corey>

Guest guest

Oxalate or yeast -- if you pour on the probiotics it will probably

help.

> > >

> > > Hello,

> > >

> > > Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of

years

> > > and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar

redness and

> > > etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the

> > > problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her

off

> > > Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be

appreciated. I

> > > have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were

related and

> > > they tell me no. I find that hard to believe.

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > > Corey

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------

> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Yahoo!

Search.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.c

om/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Corey,

Our now 5 year old daughter had constant UTI's for almost a year.

After about 9 months of antibotics the Doctors admitted her to the

hospital because she han infection called Pseudomas which is a

antibotic resistant staph like infection in her bladder. The entire

time we were battling these UTI's I constantly complained about her

constipation. The Doctors blew me off and told me she was

withholding and would need to be retrained to go poop (she was 4 at

the time). To make a long story short, my husband and I decided on

our own to take her to see a GI Doctor. After 5 minutes and a couple

of pushes on her tummy, the Doctor determined that she had a blockage

in her bowels. After a weekend cleanout, her constipation was

temporarily removed and her UTI's went away.

Don't let any Doctor tell you that they are not related. We learned

that because she was not emptying her bowels, she was also not able

to completely empty her bladder. Also, the hard stools that were

common in her underwear from not be able to go were entering her

bladder and causing additional infection.

Since cleaning out of bowels, she has had only one UTI. Now we've had

her on Miralax for almost a year and she complains of daily stomach

aches and her constipation has returned.

>

> Hello,

>

> Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of

years

> and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness

and

> Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be

appreciated. I

> have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related

and

>

> Thanks,

> Corey

>

Guest guest

Hello,

Since this past weekend we have taken her off the Miralax and have seen some improvement in the vaginal area. She has some redness in that area as well as some white looking discharge that we are appliyng a medicine prescribed by our doctor. After stopping the Miralax the constapation shortly returned. We have increased fruits and vegatables at mealtimes and have her drink Plumsmart prune juice. I think things are getting a little better but we are having trouble keeping our sanity. She struggles to have bowel movements and seeems as that she tries to hold it in from fear that it will hurt. We encourage her to use the bathroom after every meal and tell her how important it is for everyone to use the bathroom when they need to. She is otherwise a healthy 4 yr. old who is pretty smart for her age. We would like her to continue

on without the use of drugs or other medicines but are weary that we may have to return to the doctors for more help. She seems to have started this since she was introduced to baby food. From then on we have noticed that her bowel trouble was a problem, but did not realize how different it was until our second child who is almost 2 and never has a problem with this. We too begged our peditrician to refer us to a GI doctor about a year or so ago and they only told us to up the Miralax to 3 adult doses a week. I walked out feeling like they push things to the side and overprescribe Miralax to children who are having trouble internally or psychologically. Well we are hanging in there and hope for the best for our daughter. If nothing seems to get any better we probably will try the GI doctor again or psychologist for pediatrics.

Thanks again,

Corey

Corey,Our now 5 year old daughter had constant UTI's for almost a year. After about 9 months of antibotics the Doctors admitted her to the hospital because she han infection called Pseudomas which is a antibotic resistant staph like infection in her bladder. The entire time we were battling these UTI's I constantly complained about her constipation. The Doctors blew me off and told me she was withholding and would need to be retrained to go poop (she was 4 at the time). To make a long story short, my husband and I decided on our own to take her to see a GI Doctor. After 5 minutes and a couple of pushes on her tummy, the Doctor determined that she had a blockage in her bowels. After a weekend cleanout, her constipation was temporarily removed and her UTI's went away. Don't let any Doctor tell you that they are not related. We learned that because she was not emptying her bowels, she was

also not able to completely empty her bladder. Also, the hard stools that were common in her underwear from not be able to go were entering her bladder and causing additional infection. Since cleaning out of bowels, she has had only one UTI. Now we've had her on Miralax for almost a year and she complains of daily stomach aches and her constipation has returned.>> Hello,> > Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years > and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and > etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the > problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off > Miralax after

reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. I > have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related and > they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. > > Thanks,> Corey>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Try to do all thr research you can and there are many suggestions on this site. since i never had problems with my child I can't help. I myself have been constipated forever but so is my whole family and i have tried everything i possibly could anf took suggestions from this group but nothing helped but I know thewre are others who have had results from suggestions from this group.good luckCorey Clonts wrote: Hello, Since this past weekend we have taken her off the Miralax and have seen some improvement in the vaginal area. She has some redness in that area as well as some white looking discharge that we are appliyng a medicine prescribed by our doctor. After stopping the Miralax the constapation shortly returned. We have increased fruits and vegatables at mealtimes and have her drink Plumsmart prune juice. I think things are getting a little better but we are having trouble keeping our sanity. She struggles to have bowel movements and seeems as that she tries to hold it in from fear that it will hurt. We encourage her to use the bathroom after every meal and tell her how important

it is for everyone to use the bathroom when they need to. She is otherwise a healthy 4 yr. old who is pretty smart for her age. We would like her to continue on without the use of drugs or other medicines but are weary that we may have to return to the doctors for more help. She seems to have started this since she was introduced to baby food. From then on we have noticed that her bowel trouble was a problem, but did not realize how different it was until our second child who is almost 2 and never has a problem with this. We too begged our peditrician to refer us to a GI doctor about a year or so ago and they only told us to up the Miralax to 3 adult doses a week. I walked out feeling like they push things to the side and overprescribe Miralax to children who are having trouble internally or psychologically. Well we are hanging in there and hope for the best for our daughter. If nothing seems to get any better

we probably will try the GI doctor again or psychologist for pediatrics. Thanks again, Corey Re: Can extended use of miralax cause vaginal infections or severe diaper rash? Corey,Our now 5 year old daughter had constant UTI's for almost a year. After about 9 months of antibotics the Doctors admitted her to the hospital because she han

infection called Pseudomas which is a antibotic resistant staph like infection in her bladder. The entire time we were battling these UTI's I constantly complained about her constipation. The Doctors blew me off and told me she was withholding and would need to be retrained to go poop (she was 4 at the time). To make a long story short, my husband and I decided on our own to take her to see a GI Doctor. After 5 minutes and a couple of pushes on her tummy, the Doctor determined that she had a blockage in her bowels. After a weekend cleanout, her constipation was temporarily removed and her UTI's went away. Don't let any Doctor tell you that they are not related. We learned that because she was not emptying her bowels, she was also not able to completely empty her bladder. Also, the hard stools that were common in her underwear from not be able to go were entering her bladder and causing additional infection.

Since cleaning out of bowels, she has had only one UTI. Now we've had her on Miralax for almost a year and she complains of daily stomach aches and her constipation has returned.>> Hello,> > Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years > and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and > etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the > problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off > Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. I > have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related and > they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. > >

Thanks,> Corey> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Corey,

Don't be surprised if the redness and the burning or stinging happens for a long time. I tried everything wondering if it was ph or what, Aveeno Oatmeal bath's were the only thing that helped. We used to go from the toliet to the tub, I'm so glad that's over. Someone mentioned Baking soda and that could help in a bath to neutralize, we didn't have this group back then. Oh! make sure you let them pour the packet in the running water, it needs to get mixed in or it clumps and looks gross, when you let them do it, it makes it fun!

Jeanie

--------- Re: Can extended use of miralax cause vaginal infections or severe diaper rash?

Corey,Our now 5 year old daughter had constant UTI's for almost a year. After about 9 months of antibotics the Doctors admitted her to the hospital because she han infection called Pseudomas which is a antibotic resistant staph like infection in her bladder. The entire time we were battling these UTI's I constantly complained about her constipation. The Doctors blew me off and told me she was withholding and would need to be retrained to go poop (she was 4 at the time). To make a long story short, my husband and I decided on our own to take her to see a GI Doctor. After 5 minutes and a couple of pushes on her tummy, the Doctor determined that she had a blockage in her bowels. After a weekend cleanout, her constipation was temporarily removed and her UTI's went away. Don't let any Doctor tell you that they are not related. We learned that because she was not emptying her bowels, she was also not able to completel

y empty her bladder. Also, the hard stools that were common in her underwear from not be able to go were entering her bladder and causing additional infection. Since cleaning out of bowels, she has had only one UTI. Now we've had her on Miralax for almost a year and she complains of daily stomach aches and her constipation has returned.>> Hello,> > Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years > and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and > etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the > problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off > Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. I

gt; have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related and > they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. > > Thanks,> Corey>

Guest guest

Staph infection needs to be treated as bacteria issue! Are they 100%

sure it is staph? Could it be yeast? Staph is not a primary cause

itself, it attacks/invades pre excisting infections/wounds etc. If it

is staph and keeps coming back you need to focus on her immune(build it

up). Natural remedies such as olive leaf extract etc has been known to

help with staph! It is highly contagious and can keep being passed back

and forth. Everyone in the household needs to be checked for staph or

at least all be treated for. Im not a doctor and dont want to advice

without telling you to research staph itself first, to be sure!

Jennie<><

>

> Hello,

>

> Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years

> and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and

> Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated.

I

> have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related

and

>

> Thanks,

> Corey

>

Guest guest

Yes it was diagnosed as staph and was treated with antibiotics and would clear

up but the redness would stay. The redness only started after prescribing the

miralax and the skin was infected by staph after the redness began. It was a

vicious circle. Luckily the redness is clearing up after stopping the miralax.

The constapation still persists but we are trying carefully to give her better

nutrition and hoping that will work.

Thanks for your help and everyone else on this listserv.

Corey

Jennie wrote:

> Staph infection needs to be treated as bacteria issue! Are they

100%

> sure it is staph? Could it be yeast? Staph is not a primary cause

> itself, it attacks/invades pre excisting infections/wounds etc. If it

> is staph and keeps coming back you need to focus on her immune(build it

> up). Natural remedies such as olive leaf extract etc has been known to

> help with staph! It is highly contagious and can keep being passed back

> and forth. Everyone in the household needs to be checked for staph or

> at least all be treated for. Im not a doctor and dont want to advice

> without telling you to research staph itself first, to be sure!

> Jennie<><

>

>>

>> Hello,

>>

>> Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years

>> and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and

>> etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the

>> problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off

>> Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated.

> I

>> have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related

> and

>> they tell me no. I find that hard to believe.

>>

>> Thanks,

>> Corey

>>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

Yes it was diagnosed as staph and was treated with antibiotics and would clear

up but the redness would stay. The redness only started after prescribing the

miralax and the skin was infected by staph after the redness began. It was a

nutrition and hoping that will work.

Thanks for your help and everyone else on this listserv.

Corey

Jennie wrote:

> Staph infection needs to be treated as bacteria issue! Are they

100%

> sure it is staph? Could it be yeast? Staph is not a primary cause

> itself, it attacks/invades pre excisting infections/wounds etc. If it

> is staph and keeps coming back you need to focus on her immune(build it

> up). Natural remedies such as olive leaf extract etc has been known to

> help with staph! It is highly contagious and can keep being passed back

> and forth. Everyone in the household needs to be checked for staph or

> at least all be treated for. Im not a doctor and dont want to advice

> without telling you to research staph itself first, to be sure!

> Jennie<><

>

>>

>> Hello,

>>

>> Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years

>> and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and

>> etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the

>> problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off

>> Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated.

> I

>> have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related

> and

>> they tell me no. I find that hard to believe.

>>

>> Thanks,

>> Corey

>>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Guest guest

Corey,

almost everyone I've talked to, with a female child that has taken Miralax, has complained of a red stinging area down there, we went through 2 straight years of this and I can assure you it will go away if you discontinue the miralax, unless she truely does have a staph infection, this could happen when exposed to a physician's office, during an exam, but I'm wondering if in fact it's staph or a guess?

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of testimonies concerning the redness, irritation, stinging and burning after being on miralax, after researching this for 8 years, I'm truely convinced it's definetely the miralax. From what we've discovered, this med seems to be creating oxalate crystals, you can have this checked under a microscope in a matter of seconds, your physican can simple take a moment to check. They need to send off a urine sample and have it evaluated at the lab, the doctor must ask them to identify what the crystals are or they simply state "crystals present", it would be beneficial to know the ppm, (parts per million), and what kind of crystals? so your physician is aware of what they are and how many there are, is this a normal range?, etc. It was my physician who found them and then he agreed, this is exactly why all these kids are complaining of stinging, itchy, burning, pee-pee's.

Jeanie

-------------- Original message --------------

Staph infection needs to be treated as bacteria issue! Are they 100% sure it is staph? Could it be yeast? Staph is not a primary cause itself, it attacks/invades pre excisting infections/wounds etc. If it is staph and keeps coming back you need to focus on her immune(build it up). Natural remedies such as olive leaf extract etc has been known to help with staph! It is highly contagious and can keep being passed back and forth. Everyone in the household needs to be checked for staph or at least all be treated for. Im not a doctor and dont want to advice without telling you to research staph itself first, to be sure! Jennie<><>> Hello,> > Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years > and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar

redness and > etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the > problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off > Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. I > have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related and > they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. > > Thanks,> Corey>

Guest guest

Corey,

Also,

Aveeno oatmeal bath packets was the only thing we found that would give any releif when it was her bottom that was stinging from this stuff, it would be beneficial to let her go in the tub to cleanse it as much as possible, a little shampoo in the water (not with the Aveeno)will work as a detergent to cleanse any bacteria. I would push lots of water to flush the system, and find a different laxative.

Note: if you look up detoxifying anthing, it will say you must use a detergent, in a case like this I'd use shampoo with NO peg in it

Jeanie

Staph infection needs to be treated as bacteria issue! Are they 100% sure it is staph? Could it be yeast? Staph is not a primary cause itself, it attacks/invades pre excisting infections/wounds etc. If it is staph and keeps coming back you need to focus on her immune(build it up). Natural remedies such as olive leaf extract etc has been known to help with staph! It is highly contagious and can keep being passed back and forth. Everyone in the household needs to be checked for staph or at least all be treated for. Im not a doctor and dont want to advice without telling you to research staph itself first, to be sure! Jennie<><>> Hello,> > Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years > and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar

redness and > etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the > problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off > Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. I > have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related and > they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. > > Thanks,> Corey>

Guest guest

Corey,

We went through this for 2 straight years, I honestly think that giving an antibiotic was making the yeast over grow and making it worse, there were many times they put her on an antiobiotic even when the test came back negative, this created a snow ball effect, and it wasn't until we stopped giving antibiotics (only because it was not a true uti) that we saw any results, it may also have been that it took that long to get rid of all the oxalates that it created. It's understandable that children will have urinary infections with constipation because the area gets contaminated from the feces, but these multiple complaints of a stinging irritated area without a true infection is what seems to be happening when given miralax, mainly in females.

Jeanie

Yes it was diagnosed as staph and was treated with antibiotics and would clear up but the redness would stay. The redness only started after prescribing the miralax and the skin was infected by staph after the redness began. It was a vicious circle. Luckily the redness is clearing up after stopping the miralax. The constapation still persists but we are trying carefully to give her better nutrition and hoping that will work. Thanks for your help and everyone else on this listserv. CoreyJennie wrote:> Staph infection needs to be treated as bacteria issue! Are they 100% > sure it is staph? Could it be yeast? Staph is not a primary cause > itself, it attacks/invades pre excisting infections/wounds etc. If it > is staph and keeps coming back you need to focus on her immune(build it > up). Natural remedies such as olive leaf extract etc has been known to > help with staph! It is highly contagious and can keep being passed back > and forth. Everyone in the household needs to be checked for staph or > at least all be treated for. Im not a doctor and dont want to advice > without telling you to research staph itself first, to be sure! > Jennie<>< > >> >> Hello, >> >> Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years >> and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and >> etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the >> problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off >> Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. > I >> have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related > and >> they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. >> >> Thanks, >> Corey >> > __________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

I'm glad you found out what it was but it wouldn't surprise me if this happens again. Is there a specific test for Staph? or was it his opinion? the bath tub is your best friend!

Yes it was diagnosed as staph and was treated with antibiotics and would clear up but the redness would stay. The redness only started after prescribing the miralax and the skin was infected by staph after the redness began. It was a vicious circle. Luckily the redness is clearing up after stopping the miralax. The constapation still persists but we are trying carefully to give her better nutrition and hoping that will work. Thanks for your help and everyone else on this listserv. CoreyJennie wrote:> Staph infection needs to be treated as bacteria issue! Are they 100% > sure it is staph? Could it be yeast? Staph is not a primary cause > itself, it attacks/invades pre excisting infections/wounds etc. If it > is staph and keeps coming back you need to focus on her immune(build it > up). Natural remedies such as olive leaf extract etc has been known to > help with staph! It is highly contagious and can keep being passed back > and forth. Everyone in the household needs to be checked for staph or > at least all be treated for. Im not a doctor and dont want to advice > without telling you to research staph itself first, to be sure! > Jennie<>< > >> >> Hello, >> >> Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years >> and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and >> etc. with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the >> problem, but it comes back again and again. We are taking her off >> Miralax after reading your listerv. Any help would be appreciated. > I >> have asked peditricians and GI peditricians if the two were related > and >> they tell me no. I find that hard to believe. >> >> Thanks, >> Corey >> > __________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

Yes the doctor took a swab of the affected area and sent it to the lab. They

told us it was staph, the bad thing was they also told us everyone has staph.

We think the redness was overlooked from the primary cause. They instructed us

on proper care and cleaning which we were already doing. We followed all the

rules but the redness still existed. We feel the redness and pain was caused by

the miralax and now we are seeing some improvment. Do you or anyone else know

how long it takes for the side effects to wear off?

Thanks,

Corey

dreamjeanie@... wrote:

> I'm glad you found out what it was but it wouldn't surprise me if this

happens again.  Is there a specific test for Staph? or was it his opinion? the

bath tub is your best friend!

>  

> ------------ -- Original message ------------ -- From: " coreyclonts@

yahoo.com " <coreyclonts@ yahoo.com>

> Yes it was diagnosed as staph and was treated with antibiotics and would

clear up but the redness would stay. The redness only started after prescribing

the miralax and the skin was infected by staph after the redness began. It was a

nutrition and hoping that will work. Thanks for your help and everyone else on

this listserv. Corey Jennie wrote: > Staph infection needs to be treated as

bacteria issue! Are they 100% > sure it is staph? Could it be yeast? Staph is

not a primary cause > itself, it attacks/invades pre excisting infections/wounds

etc. If it > is staph and keeps coming back you need to focus on her

immune(build it > up). Natural remedies such as olive leaf extract etc has been

known to > help with staph! It is highly contagious and can keep being passed

> back > and forth. Everyone in the household needs to be checked for staph or >

at least all be treated for. Im not a doctor and dont want to advice > without

telling you to research staph itself first, to be sure! > Jennie<>< > >> >> Hello,

>> >> Our four year old daughter has been on Miralax for a couple of years >>

and we have been battling a so called Staph infection ar redness and >> etc.

with her vaginal area. Creams and antibiotics clear up the >> problem, but it

comes back again and again. We are taking her off >> Miralax after reading your

listerv. Any help would be appreciated. > I >> have asked peditricians and GI

peditricians if the two were related > and >> they tell me no. I find that hard

to believe. >> >> Thanks,

> >> Corey >> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________

_ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

>

____

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs